Ask an Orthodox Israeli Jew anything

Ask an Orthodox Israeli Jew anything.

I am a non-religious american jew. you are the worst kind of jew.

So you're currently in israel?

What do orthodox jews believe? And how is it different to your generic american jew?

What makes you a Jew if you are non-religious? Why am I the worst kind of Jew?

You are the kind of jew who thinks you are the chosen one and deserve to have land based on the fact that your ancestors lived there thousands of years ago. You are the kind of person who is religious and therefore consciously decides to disregard the complexity of reality and believe that some people living thousands of years ago some how knew the ultimate truths.

Indeed in Jerusalem now.

Orthodox Jews exist throughout the world not just Israel. They wear Jew hats (yamulkes) everywhere. Before the 1800s Orthodox was the only branch of Judaism. As communism and liberalism blew up and most Jews became cucks they adopted liberal values into their religion and made fake branches of Judaism like reform where they worship Elizabeth Warren instead of God. Basically Orthodox Jews do everything it says in the Old testament.

Which conditioner do you use? Are the curls mandatory? Also what is kabbalah?

Okay, but you can't really do everything in the old testament. Not trying to argue with you here, but it's basically impossible under modern law systems, so what stuff do you cherry pick out? Or do you like... hold a constant grudge against the government for not letting you do the stuff the old testament says you should be doing?

whats it like to have your cult impervious to criticism because if the holocaust?

To be fair you also seem like a judgemental asshole

Well being Jewish means believing the Jewish religion i.e. the bible. The bible does describe the Jews as being chosen to follow the Law. i.e. not eating pork, wearing fringes and tefillin and not working on the sabbath. That being said Orthodox Judaism believes that non-Jews are in no way obligated to perform those acts and will go to heaven based on being good people. We just think those crazy rituals we do are beyond human comprehension and just Gods will. In that sense we were chosen for this crazy religion. As for the land,we are the indigenous people of Israel not part of some Jihad that came there with Mohammed and his 3 year old brides. We also won the land fair and square in multiple wars. I don't know what you want from me, cuck.

Obviously there are some religious people in general who aren't like that and are good people but most people who are very religious in Israel are obviously zionists. I do not agree with zionism even though I am jewish. Although i do not practice much of the religion, i am a jew because i was bar mitzvahed and went to a jewish high school and had a jewish education.

No conditioner, just shampoo. curls are not mandatory, they are a sign of piousness, the bible says not to shave the sides of the bears but you can them with scissors. Kaballah is the mystical tradition dealing with spiritual worlds and the reduction of godly energy from its infinite into the finite world.

See this is an example of the Israeli mentality. Believe me, I know Israelis. 5 of my best friends where all born there. Many of the Israelis that I know and have met have the mentality that you have about deserving land and hating arabs. It is kind of sad actually.

Ok changed my mind, you ok now

no orthodox jewish law follows the talmud. big things like animal sacrifices and capital punishment are considered to be put on hold until the messiah comes and rebuilds the temple on the temple mount since were not holy enough to conduct them until then.

I think its criticized quite a bit. read /pol or the news.

why do you believe in bullshit

zionism just Jews have a right to live in their indigenous homeland. what's wrong with that?

Gotta say i'm pretty impressed you condensed the kabbalah answer into the same size as the curls one.

idk man sometimes you choose to believe what you want because it's expeditious to you.

Maybe stick with just the news?

Okay.

So give me the basics on the religion here.

Do you recognize jesus as a prophet or as far as you guys are concerned is jesus not a real thing?

That is a nice idea and sounds fine but in reality to maintain that there will be a lot of violence and death. At some point both sides of the conflict will need to change. Israel isn't perfect.

if you want to learn more about kaballah wikipedia is a good start tbh.

the news in the united states never criticizes judaism and i can never take /pol seriously

Yeah i mean peta criticizes us, look up shalom rubashkin, look up all the sexual assault stories. idk what you're talking about.

Basics are the entire world is a manifestation of Gods limitless energy, through performing the commandments and good deeds we reveal how the physical world is just a shell for the godliness underneath. Once we reveal it we are in the messianic age, an end of death, war and destruction. The Jewish people were chosen for this mission. Anyone can be Jewish who chooses to be or who is born to a Jewish mother.

Jesus is either nothing, or an evil person, depends who you ask.

Well Israel just needs to take its borders and let the arabs fuck off into one of their other 22 allahu akbar shit holes.

This jew is chill as fuck. How are orthodox on swearing by the way? I'm guessing no taking the lords name in vain and that kind, but what of mundane obscenities?

There's a couple things here. One, you are wrong. They criticize plenty. Do a google news search for judaism sexual assault, judaism animal cruelty. two, why would they cover judaism as much as christianity. there are 30 times as many christians as jews in america. why would they spend equal time bashing jews.

people are people. they swear. you wouldn't do it in front of the rabbi and its considered rude but its not a violation of any jewish law.

Do you still keep in touch with the Rabbi who tore your foreskin off with his teeth? Even after he gave you the Herpes?

This is pretty much every religion ever. Every religion thinks they are special. Tell me, what makes you so special other than the fact that you are jewish? btw im jewish also

point taken mr jew

Sounds fair enough. Are there Any weirdly modern things that aren't "allowed" like paragliding or blackberries?

Well that's not accurate. They don't suck the dick anymore. only the most extreme communites do that. It used to be the safest way to clear blood so it didn't clot after circumcision

I'm not saying Judaism is special. Christianity and Islam are basically knock offs of Judaism anyway so why would they be any different? I'm Just saying its the original for us so we stick to it and follow it. What have I got to lose?

on the sabbath you can't turn on anything electronic, you basically become amish for a day, you can't even light a fire or cook.

Wha. . .wait what is that a thing? I've been using my nails all these years!

your nails to clear blood post circumcision?

Never really understood that part. Surely you are not the one doing the working by having an electronic device turned on?

just to clear this up circumcision is always done with a forcep and scissors or a knife. Never been done with the teeth. Some communities had the tradition to clear the blood with the mouth. gross I know very few do that.

Nah but they sharp though

The bible prohibits lighting a fire on shabbat and electricity is deemed to be like a fire. You're also not allowed to complete things on Shabbat and completed a circuit is considered like completeing a building and therefore forbidden.

Is this from the isreali spinoff of Vikingd.

Then how about your circulatory system? Joke aside who makes these judgement calls?

Why do you guys(Jews, Israelis) mistreat Palestinians, and Muslims in general, so much so that they get angry and lash out?

Who don't you stop being assholes?

just orthodox israeli soldiers praying before killing mudslimes.

lol

dude, you gotta ditch the religion crap

older things were decided a long time ago. the talmud was codified almost 2000 years ago and has rulings on all things that were available in ancient times. For modern stuff we let the smartest rabbis hash it out. There is a generally recognized leader of the generation, generally.

Why? is that a joke? because they're pieces of shit and fundamentalist backwards camel fucking terrorists. If I had my way I'd deport them back to egypt and saudi arabia but the government here is leftist cucks who want to impress europe.

Orthodox jews aren't allowed to use the Internet.

Who would be regarded as the current one then?

1. What's up with the LEGO hat?
2. Why do you suck baby penises?

Basically I think people should enjoy their lives as much as possible. My religion provides women who cook and clean and respect their husbands instead of being SJW's. It gives me purpose and gives me a community of friends and good communal meals once a week. I don't really give a shit about what's really true. I believe what makes my life better because YOLO

They are but ultra orthodox are discouraged unless for business.

It's not super clear cut right now, Until the 80s/90s it was super clear cut Moshe Feinstein with Menachem Schneerson. Now it's probably Chaim Kanievsky / Aharon Leib Shteinman.

That is tefillin. you can google it. We don't suck baby penises.

"The Rabbinical Council of America, (RCA) which claims to be the largest American organization of Orthodox rabbis, published an article by mohel Dr Yehudi Pesach Shields in its summer 1972 issue of Tradition magazine, calling for the abandonment of Metzitzah b'peh. Since then the RCA has issued an opinion that advocates methods that do not involve contact between the mohel's mouth and the open wound, such as the use of a sterile syringe, thereby eliminating the risk of infection."

>We don't suck baby penises.
Anymore, you mean.

No yeah you're right we used to. It's gross and embarrassing but apparently, it cleaned the wound and prevented clotting. Still gross.

No, I mean the religion is not the culture, it's just a part of culture. To each his own though. There's a world out there you know? It deserves your attention more so than the afterlife. I personally choose to live my life as if I'm the only one who controls it, within reason. And I find little reason within the teachings of religion; almost any religion. Give it some time and its message begins to fade as its people begin to forget.
You have a soul, and it would be a pity to surrender something that important to something you could so easily trust without question, as so many others do. The picture was just what jews remind me of sometimes; bearded warriors in armor, but in no fathomable relation but visual resemblance. Forget about it then. I just like typing.

I think that's bullshit because I see atheists and they're just fedora wearing neck beards getting less out of life than me and my friends. So I don't have any fear of missing out. I know whats going on in the world. I have the TV and internet, it's not that great. I still get to go on hikes and do astronomy and raise my kids and love my wife. What could be better than that?

Cool, thanks for the answers you seem like a sensible young man (apart from the reprehensible attitude towards muslims). Good tidings upon you and take care.

I tip my smegma to you, sir

that's also gross lol

I just think Islam is a terrible religion. I have a good friend who is "muslim" but basically an atheist. I think if you believe and follow Islam you become ISIS or Al Quaeda or Hamas or Al Nusra or the Taliban or Al Shabab or .... They are the true followers of Islam. Theres no peace to be made with that, just deport and build a wall.

Aren't you supposed to live outside of Israel?

What why? There is a part of the Talmud that says Jews shouldn't go en masse to retake Israel before the Messiah comes but what's done is done. It's always been a mitzvah to live in Israel for every Jew.

Why do some Jews say you are meant to live in exile or something? Ever hear of that?

No. I've heard that exile is an atonement for sins but one of the commandments in the bible is for Jews to live in Israel.

You are the worst kind of person in the world.

Wait, sorry. That's not a question.

Why do you choose to be such a horrible person? Is it because some millenia old book says you're the favorite of some imaginary guy who lives in the sky?

Similar sentiments. But Islam has been made much much worse by wahhabism.

>Ask an Orthodox Israeli Jew anything.

Is it true you're just a bunch of Sand Niggers with funny hats?

As a muslim i respect you for following your tradition as an orthodox jewish person.

I wish you the best of luck and pray for your future.

May god guide us all

test

Oh i forgot my question

What is the hardest law that you follow that you think doesnt have a place in 21st century religous law?

For me is the fact i cant drink despite drinking small amounts of alcohol is good for you

Israel shouldn't exist.