You know deep down your console sucks

You know deep down your console sucks.

So how does it feel that console manufacturers have you by the balls now? Making you buy yet another console just to get better than 30fps. Making you pay for a network fee to connect online. Stuck with whatever titles they want to allow you to play. Stuck playing in network only with others that own the same console as you. Slowly realizing that consoles are for kids.

Why don't you just give up and get a PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nZUYymbCH1w
simple.com/blog/how-to-build-a-gaming-computer
pcpartpicker.com/guide/P2YcCJ/entry-level-gaming-build
gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=on2eYnXi-9k&list=LLfj9aBN-532qsOTTV7fuaVw&mweb=1
store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/
youtube.com/watch?v=aMegDvGPNb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I'm poor

You can build an AMD PC for around the same price, maybe just a little more and it will easily outperform the new consoles they are releasing now. So whats the real reason?

You have convinced me, wise user.

I should try to sell my ps4 before the news of your brilliant, irrefutable analysis kills off the console gaming industry. Anyone who reads your post is sure to be converted.

Well done!

Not to mention, after spending money on console game prices and network fees, you will spend more in the long run for the same games.

>ITT: Poorfags who can't afford more than 1 system

Personally its preference.
I do have steam games tho, I just prefer to play the game on the original system
>Inb4 you have autism

I can tell you are being sarcastic. But seriously, why bother with consoles anymore? What is the real reason? Are you just easily sold by advertising? Do you actually love Microsoft or Sony enough to sacrifice your gaming quality for them?

>consoles have me by the balls
>got a full refund for my 360 because it RROD'd 6 times in 2 years
>decided to never buy another console again unless it's a retro one.
>dropped cash for a gtx 1080 gpu for my PC

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Even if you have enough money to buy all of them, why bother? Why play with less quality and spend more money for nothing?

So you converted, good job. Not convinced on the refund though, they don't do that.

I have the money for one. But i'm too stupid to use a PC, let alone know what kind to buy. Fix it if it breaks down, or upgrade it.

Hey dumbass, if you can figure out how to post on Cred Forums, you can build a PC.

Why not take a little time and learn something new?

quality is an individual experience. perhaps certain people like to spend their time in their livingrooms or with actual friends irl.

after you've bashed enough on consoles i get the feeling you'd probably go bash gaming genres right after or in some other way state your opinion wherever it isnt asked for.

>beating a dead horse
>actually caring this much about this nonsense
>kek

Well calling me a dumbass doesn't really help motivate me..

I don't know why I own every console. I only use my PC anyway.

PCs work in the living room and on your flatscreen, dumbass. I'm not knocking you if you didn't know that, it's cool. But seriously, quality it quality. Better and higher resolution and better FPS. It makes a huge difference. What's the point in sacrificing?

>calls you console peasant
>calls you dumbass
>feels superior
>is monty pothyns king arthur
>opresses you

I don't know we're to start I want a pc...free me

Sorry for calling you a dumbass. Nothing personal.

Kinda like the controllers and my pc's are always slow.

Also this:

simple.com/blog/how-to-build-a-gaming-computer

consoles lasts in a different way too. i sure as fuck aint gonna dig out my 10 year old computer to play red alert 2, while i have nes, snes, sega, ps1, ps2, etc in my living room.

besides, im using a laptop in the living room and a game station in my study, so its no use in putting it in there. Also i wouldnt want kids to tear it apart since its more fragile than consoles which you stow away in a simple cupboard

Xbox and Playstation controllers work on PC, although I would highly recommend something like a Razer Wildcat.

agreed

This is such a lame excuse. You can still have nice things and enjoy gaming. This is cancer.

Watched the video, am i able to buy all those parts in a store? Or do i order them online or something? Obviously best buy would have the parts but im guessing thats not the greatest place to buy them

I would suggest ordering them online from places like Newegg, Tiger Direct, etc..

Also, find other people you know that have done it that can help you. Also online forums, like reddit are good places to read about it if you don't know anyone.

Tom's hardware walked me through so much shit. Didn't even have to start a forum post. Shit was already there

Build a new one in a small form factor case. It will stow in the cupboard just like a console. Classic consoles are cool, don't get rid of those. Just Xbox and PSX.

>backwards compatability

Served... Thanks for the wake up call. ;-)

Original system? What does that even mean? Some games are developed for console, some for PC and almost all are ported to one or the other. There are some exceptions, but very few. I assume that you mean console only or exclusive titles and if that's all you want to play, this thread is not for you. That's kind of like going only to McDonalds and saying eating other food is just a preference.

because I don't understand what cpu, gtx, graphic card, ram, gpu and all that means and I don't know anything about computers at all which means I'm not going to waste my time going to stores and looking up my best available options and whether I should buy a c23t 200.457 gtpso or a model 60 149 kyspo with a double rotor incubator 4000.2

>M-Muh PC!!
Sorry you got so triggered over a word user. I consider PC a system. My whole point is that id rather play god damn smash 4 on a wii u rather than pc.

post build and I'll think about it

The 3ds pays for itself once you install cfw, which is super easy.
Can even run linux on it

Because I don't have the fucking money to get myself a pc you fucking idiot

Why don't u read a little. They really arent that complex you autist

I own a gaming pc and only original consoles.

CPU: Central Processing Unit. It's the processor chip installed on the Motherboard. Your console has one also.

GTX: It's part of the name of a graphics card. GTX980, GTX1080... I would suggest either of these as your GPU.

Graphics Card: It's just another name for the GPU in your system. See above.

RAM: Random Access Memory. It's the volatile RAM that gets erased every time your turn your system off.

GPU: Graphics Processing Unit. It's the name of the video card that processes complex graphics and has video and sometimes audio outputs that face out of the back of the system.

Why is learning something new a waste of time? This technology will be around in some form for most likely your whole life. You might as wall take some time and learn it.

I spent 800 dollars on a PC that runs like shit and all the games I play have empty servers because no one plays PC

pcpartpicker.com/guide/P2YcCJ/entry-level-gaming-build

Nintendo is really the only console worth having considering they lock exclusivity pretty rightly and actually develop some good games. If that's your thing only and you absolutely have no interest in anything else, dude that's cool.

okay user maybe i'll give it a shot

If you spent 800 dollars on a PC and it runs like shit, you seriously fucked up. Take one on the chin and learn what you did wrong, plebeian.

"No on plays PC"
You're just full of shit and you know it.

Pc gpus do more than game though

If you can buys a console, pay for console games and pay their network tax, you can afford to build a PC.

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=on2eYnXi-9k&list=LLfj9aBN-532qsOTTV7fuaVw&mweb=1

Here's a short video about the PS4 Pro. If you watch it you can apply almost everything to the PC that he is applying to the PS4 Pro.

I don't care if a game is 4k or 1440P or 1080P or not exactly 1080P because it sacrifices graphics to maintain fps. I don't care if a game is 60fps or 30fps or anywhere above, in between or below.

Ultimately, what's important to me in video games is gameplay and story. Then, after that is art design, then graphics, then fps.

The thing with PC gamers and PS4 Pro/Project Scorpio fanboys is that they either truly believe, or are lying, or want to believe that fps and graphics are the most important part of gaming. They want to believe that spending hundreds of dollars on a slightly better machine will make gaming better. But actually, better games make gaming better.

And the metaphor applies to PC gamers as well. The constant dick measuring to see who has the new 1060 whatever the fuck they are and 6700 gigawhatsits and a quintuple-core-flux-capacitor is absolutely ridiculous. PC gaming culture is a manufactured market, created by consumers and advertised by consumers.

What's the difference between running a game at ultra vs high? Honestly? What do you achieve for so much time and money wasted?

I just got a PS4 a few months ago, I also have a PS3 and a PS2. I bought them because I like the controller and they have great games, with great stories and gameplay.

cuz ive had a console since ps1 original xbox and n64 so i epically dont give a fuck about any of the things people bitch about

nice retoast

There are, according to pretty much every poll out there, more people actively playing games on PC than on xbone and ps4 combined.

If it runs like shit you just got scammed.

Because, except for a few exceptions, you can play all of the same games you play on PS4 now on a PC. That's the whole point. Console exclusivity is almost extinct. Most games are developing for both consoles and PC. So what's the point in having a console?

i agree with that tho i'm fully immersed during good games and dont care about graphics.

this

and I only enjoy gaming with friends, so if I even game I use my PS4 more often.
Because I'm a normie, I only have 1 friend who plays PC, he's a neckbeard fat ass stoner btw.

nuff said

i dont wanna get slayed right now but dont all pcs get viruses? thats why

Pc can also emulate everything except the current gen (and can emulate 3ds and wiiu though). Ps123, xbox, all segas, all nintendos, all games.

Ps2 emulation is great on pc and looks better than the original console

Nothing wrong with appreciating a good game, at the end of the day, that's the most important thing. But why sacrifice? What's the point in not having better quality when you can? Why lock yourself into a machine that hinders you when you can get a PC and upgrade parts whenever you want to? Not to mention paying to get on their network exclusive to only other players on the same network? That's bullshit and you know it.

CUZ I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE AND EVERYONE I KNOW HAS A CONSOLE

Yeah, accidentally shared the video instead of posting a link.

That's a very good point, gaming PCs are like combining my laptop and my PS4 into one device. Unfortunately though that is one of the only good points that the 'PC is better' side has in my opinion.

Like I said, I don't care about graphics or fps, and that's the majority of the argument from the PC gaming side.

>except for a few exceptions
Exactly, those few exceptions are why I bought a PS4 over an Xbox, Wii or PC.

i think i can speak for other console players when i say that there is no sacrifice because we haven't known anything better. like idk i used to play battlefield on an excellent pc before it was ever on console and i didnt see much of a difference when it finally came to console years later. one thing i will always be jealous of is the amount of players that can be in a pc game tho

to be honest,building a pc seems to overwhelming to me.And I can't type fast.

overwhelming is the perfect word. also back when people used to play halo over pc with joysticks i tried getting into it and it would never work out for me. i always needed something else. that reminds me a lot of consoles.

Plus OS,keyboard,mouse,monitor,speakers etc.

>around the same price
>more than double the price of a console
The truth is that you can't build a pc with performance and price equaling to consoles.
Pc still better tho

One of the only good points?

Infinite backwards compatability
Emulation
Piracy
Works for stuff other than games
Gets a lot of aaa ports
Exclusives (goes for all platforms)
Modularity
Not locked to a single vendor or market place

Point 4 is reason enough

Not trying to slay you, but that is the worst excuse i have ever heard. Just don't surf BS websites and download shit from unsanctioned places on your gaming PC and it will be fine.

What do graphics and fps do to make gaming better? Nothing. True gameplay and physics innovation comes from console games.

It's a different world now than back then. But hey, stay stuck in your old ways if you want to. Interesting excuse.

Ascension

THIS IS WRONG. It's cool man, but don't misinform people because you don't know.

Rolling up in this bitch

>more people actively playing games on PC than on xbone and ps4 combined.

complete horse shit, i spend ages 'searching for players' on black ops 3 (on PC), my brother has a PS4 and there are fucking tons of players on it so its not just the game.

I keep hearing this one and it doesn't make sense. You say graphics and FPS doesn't matter, yet people keep buying the newest consoles which do EXACTLY THAT. They have better graphics and FPS... :-/

They didn't make me do shit.
I own a PS4 for the PS4 exclusives.
I own an Xbox One for its exclusives.
Same for Wii U, 3DS and Vita.
For everything else I have my PC.

Err that is the game

U can't be serious nigger

OS is required yes, but not a big deal.
You need a screen with a console anyway???
You can use a controller on a PC.
Speakers?

This sounds like laziness to me.

Dude, you cant buy a pc gamer with credit :v

Because I'm not a gamer I just enjoy video games every now and then. If you're that deep into gaming that you need a PC and talk shit on those who don't then you got some problems

No, you're wrong, with OS and keyboard/mouse/desk/chair(you cant just put it on the floor)and speakers (that's IF you have a monitor) it's well over double the price of a console.Stop following the PC master race herd and stop speaking out of your arse.

I think the real question is why do you PC elitists flip your shit over people who play their video games on consoles as if you're a shitty person for not wanting to play games on an expensive computer because it has "better graphics" or "mods".

That's not what gaming is all about. Why don't you actually appreciate your video games instead of comparing your E-penises with one another?

Dead serious man. You getting ripped off bro.

wut......

Dont forget the room needed for pc gaming, a house extension will easily run you 15k
>pc gamers

What kind of man plays video games? You losers should be raising a family.

Because I enjoy playing NHL online with my friends. I'm sure playing PC is a blast but I just prefer my Xbox instead. Personal preferences I suppose.

Exclusives are the exception and are very few. If that's all you do, than good on you. I get the Nintendo excuse, they are cool.

I'm speaking more for PS4 and XBONE and their new systems and new games coming out.

whoops, didn't mean for that to be a run-on sentence lel

Really? I'm sure you could get one for light gaming/used or something but i just can't see similar specs happening for the price of a console. I could be wrong because i don't own consoles/gaming rig so idk that much about this stuff

My PC is in my living room. Works fine on the flatscreen TV dude.

>Infinite backwards compatability
>Emulation

I can do both of those on a shitty old laptop. I've played tonnes of Pokémon, Crash and Spyro on it, you don't need an expensive PC for that. Hell, you can do half of that on your phone now.

>Piracy

I don't agree with this point, especially in gaming. I believe you should pay for your entertainment. I know it's an archaic way of thinking, but I just have principles.

>Works for stuff other than games
Good point

>Gets a lot of aaa ports
Bad point. So you're saying it gets a lot of the best games? Well so does the PS4 and Xbox one. So each platform has its pros and cons.

>Exclusives (goes for all platforms)
See last point

>Modularity

Good point. Hopefully with mods coming to consoles now this opens up a bit more. Unfortunately ately Sony is boning the Skyrim and Fallout fans right now.

>Not locked to a single vendor or market place

I don't really see how that's a problem to be honest. Basic supply and demand will keep the price fair enough for having a physical copy of a game.

Say for example Sony decides that they want more profit, so they put the price of their games up by 10%. So now there are a few options:
1 People buy less games
2 People switch to Xbox or PC or whatever
3 People complain and tell them to change the price back
4 People pay the extra money

While option 4 is most likely (due to the sunk cost fallacy) in a very small price rise, option 3 will inevitably occur. Which would result in Sony reducing the price and submitting to the consumer. The happy equilibriumis what they want.

£80 is a big deal when you are saying that a PC capable of running fallout 4 is anywhere near the price of a console that runs it just as well bar half the frame rate.I run my PC through my 42" LEDTV and the TV can't keep up with 60fps so it still looks a bit shit compared to a monitor of the same size(3X the price), the costs all add up and it's roughly double the price of a console.

Lol you could do that but its like having your laundry in your kitchen, utter retardation

I built a $900 PC so I wouldn't know... : }

Trying to inform and help...

There will always be neisayers who him and hollar about their old ways... Stay in the dark all you want man. Come out whenever you want to.

>>
i dont want my pc in my living room and i dont want to game in my room

>E-penises
Kek

Just because you did it wrong doesn't mean it cannot be done right. This is the kind of cancer that keeps people from being enlightened.

why do people hate the xbox if they use pc also made by microsoft

WTF? Why the fuck does it matter where the box is hooked up? Are you really that closed minded?

Because I want to play Paper Mario and Zelda Breath of the wild.

You got problems then mate. This won't solve it. Maybe a therapist?

The PC is not made by Microsoft.

PCs are not made by Microsoft. The OS maybe, but that's only one part of a much larger system.

Fuck off cocksucker, I don't want to game on a pc I don't play mmo's & that's really the only reason to game on a pc. Keep waiting for games that may or may not get released on pc while u brag about muh framerate. Bitch

To be honest,I think I'll always be a console fag. I want to build a gaming pc but it just seems to overwhelming. I would just buy a gaming pc like this one but I'm too worried it'll be shitty..

Nintendo is probably the only good exception because they lock exclusivity down pretty tight.

i have problems because i dont want to sit at a desk and game in my room? thats lame af
also no ones brought this one in
i play on a 60+ inch tv. when the guns on your computer screen are life sized
until then shut the fuck up faggots lol

Who said anything about being high end? Emulation goes past psx, ps2 and wii emulation will not run on your "shitty laptop".

You can disagree with the point but it still stands, modless piracy.

Aaa games ports means that theyre on all platforms, im saying it has the most popular games for consoles, same with exclusives point. (goes for all platforms) implied both ps4 and xbone can use it too.

Modularity refers to component modularity, as in upgrading components. Though mods also stand as a point

Single vendor is an ethics problem. Lets say sony bans your account. You now cant use any digital content or online services on your ps4. If valve bans your steam account you're only locked out of their servers, not all pc servers. This is true for hardware bans too.

Drm and ethics also play a roll in vendors. If i dont agree to sonys eula i cant use my online games, and also os affects this too. I can play tux racer completely libre.

What game are you referring to? I'm actually really curious.

Honestly it's like building lego bricks, you can do it. If not just get someone you know who can put it together to build it.

If you want to learn to swim, you have to jump in the water. Just trying to help man.

60+ inch tv
i dont give a fuck about your frame rate faggots lololololol

I play in the living room with a small form PC (almost the same size as the XBONE) and my TV is 75" so you can suck on that.

thats the best gaming experience i dont give a fuck about anything else

75" and 120 PFS. You'll never understand unless you take a chance and find out.

but its still a pc so thats gay af lolz

What are you talking about, I got an AMD FX8350/650WPSU/500GB SSD/GTX970/8GB G-skill ram/Win7/M5m97 MB, for around £650 and made the choice to use my TV as I like a big screen and couldn't afford a big monitor, and any tard knows that a monitor runs differently to a TV with a much higher refresh rate.However this, doesn't take away from the FACT that a PC that can run a AAA game as well as a console WILL cost twice as much, yes you can do it all second hand but then you can get a console second hand as well, you know nothing of enlightenment young and very inexperienced padawan. (i'm 43 and been a computer nerd since 1982).

how much have you put into your computers collectively? 100x more than my consoles.

Pc doesn't have destiny.

Destiny sucked though so not a good point.

Madman, that setup is similar to mine 8350, 16gb ram, 7970 and i can still run most games maxed (obviously not shading and shadows stuff). Thats still better looking than the console version. 5 years old, runs stuff like mgs5pp maxed

I'm calling you out captain experience man. I built and AMD machine for $550 for my cousin the other day and it runs Fallout 4 at a higher frame rate than the new XBONE. It doesn't have to cost twice as much.

i dont put any time or effort or energy after i make that first purchase of the console.
suck my dick

Most PC gamers update their hardware every 3-4 years from my experience, usually a GPU £300 give or take £50.

Fukkin hate pc gamers, but this is a good point. Tripple A games on pc seem to suck less.

immediately making it a higher price point then the console that still works perfectly 6 years later
you were saying?

this

The one exception. Not worth it in my opinion. Destiny community is shrinking to nothing also.

Yeah I bet your build loud like a fucking plane.

because i dont want to be that fucking loser that everyone hates

The pc would still work perfectly after 6 years. You don't have to upgrade, it's a choice (a choice you don't get on consoles).

Anyway you would probably save £300 not having to pay for live and buying games cheaper over 4 years.

BS consoles have to be upgraded also. Case and point:

XBOX
XBOX360
XBONE
XBONE Elite
XBONE S

Also pc doesn't have bloodborn

I love my wiiu tho :(

Barely. Proper cooling keeps it cool so the sound is not that loud. Plus theres no disc access noise, though im not sure if thats a problem on modern consoles anymore

>Who said anything about being high end? Emulation goes past psx, ps2 and wii emulation will not run on your "shitty laptop".

I (and most other people) don't want to invest in a PC because it is simply one step above he other devices. People have phones and tablets, laptops and crap PCs. We collect a lot of crap over our lives to either fill in the gaps (like how a tablet is better than a phone but worse than a laptop) or to slightly improve.

The reason most people won't commit to buying a gaming PC is because they have so many devices with so many niches that getting a tool which replaces most of those niches seems like a waste of money to simply go up another step.

I have a device that fills the niche of playing pokemon and the like, so why would I upgrade in regards to that specific point.

So, when you say "who said anything about being high end" I don't really know what you mean. The PC is the top tier, the 'highest end'. This thread and ongoing argument for however many years is about the upgrade to the high end.

A PC can replace a laptop, tablet, dvd player, bluray player, playstation whatever, xbox whatever, Nintendo whatever. But people don't get a PC bease replacing already working devices doesn't seem like it's a good way to spend your money.

Yes, the PC is superior in many, many ways. But how much better is it than all of my devices with all of their niches? And is that improvement worth all of that money?

That's why people will buy the next gaming console. That's why people will buy a 4k bluray player. Etc.

Depends on the build, mine is quieter than my old Xbox by a long shot.

lol but no one upgrades every single console like pc gamers do
faggot
check mate

I enjoy sitting on a couch with a friend and socializing while I play a game. I am not a manchild that needs to constantly justify my $1200 computer that I only use to play games.

Im a pc user and im buying a ps4 for the ff7 remake ff12 KH3 and other squeenix shit so ill be aok. That is if they dont port all this shit to pc then ill just not buy a ps4

Ditto, I agree on both other consoles fuckem but I the wii u's 10/10

xbox 2001
xbox 360 2005
xbox one 2013

thats the only update any normal person has made

Nintendo is cool. I really should have used a graphic that didn't have the WiiU in it. This is really aimed at XBOX and PSX.

Actually it is a choice you get on consoles, see You can choose when you next want to upgrade due to the new cycle of consoles being released. I can wait for the Scorpio or wait even longer for the next one a few years later. Or I can get every single Xbox to stay constantly up to date.

lol no single person has gotten all those consoles
nice try though faggot

PCs work in the living room and don't have to cost that much. That's old ways of thinking.

Which begs the question: Why aren't you playing on a PC?

I'm not OP, and OP can fuck himself (I have numerous consoles), but co-op gaming has pretty much moved to PC. Modern consoles rarely have any sort of couch coop or splitscreen games anymore. Meanwhile the vast majority of new local coop games tend to be coming out on PC and related platforms. (steam, gog, etc)

Shit, user. It's just as easy to hook up a PC to your living room TV as it is a console. It's even easier now that things like the Steam Link and wireless controllers exist.

Also: Why the fuck did you take the bait in the OP? Fuck's sake, are you new?

Or I could buy a console for the same price, plug it into a wall outlet, plug in the HDMI cable, and not have to worry about building shit.
Console wins every time.

You dont buy the pc to replace them, you buy it instead of them.

The function of a pc is not just gaming keep in mind. To do work stuff, school stuff and also to have the current gen gaming experience at the same price as a console defeats the purpose of a console.

Instead of buying a bluray player you can buy a blu ray drive, or better yet streat digital data directly off your pc to multiple devices via ftp.

The pc can natively play current gen and emulate the entirety of older gens. Does a select few exclusives justify a console that not only hinders progress but also removes functionality and locka down users over a pc?

I'm this asshole defending consoles like my life depends on it,
But this is a very good point. PCs have definitely won in that regard.

When Is Mafia 3 coming for the pc?

Does pc have the last of us?

> can't wait to play this with friends!
> doesn't realize modern consoles have almost no local co-op games while PC has gained hundreds

Your pic is almost as retarded as you are, user.

Good job.

When they release red dead redemption for pc?

never seen trips wasted on such a retarded opinion

Gundam Vs is coming out for consoles, I wonder if itll hit pc?

Both run on PC.

Runs on PC.

I don't have the time or really want to build a PC. I can just buy a console and plug and play in like 15 minutes.

Don't have to learn new terms, don't have to mess with tools, don't need videos or forums to play a console. It is just easier with a console.

youre an idiot if you think everyone is poor like you and cant buy the things they want. Because all you consolefags in here using this argument know deep down that if you could afford it, you WOULD upgrade whenever they release a new one

>You dont buy the pc to replace them, you buy it instead of them.

Thats what I'm saying though. It's too late for everyone. It's sunk cost fallacy. People ALREADY have all of these devices, so telling them that they have wasted their money on ten different things when one PC could have been doing the job of all of them doesn't sit right with them as a consumer.

Logically you can say (all in NZ dollars)
>a bluray player is $100
>a tablet is $200
>a laptop is $500
>a PS4 is $500
>a PS Plus 12 month membership is $90
>etc

VS

>a gaming PC is $1000

And the PC is cheaper and better than the best of them and all combined. But the majority of people already have several devices. It's too late to save them. Go on without us to the promised land.

Save yourselves.

In all seriousness though you have to get a PC before you get these other things. Teach kids that they shouldn't get ten devices instead of one.

So far laziness and "I don't want to learn or have time" are the best excuses I have heard. Yet you will spend hours and hours playing games on the console. You really can't spare a few to learn something new and make your life better? Unleash yourself from the console networks and lack of upgrading? And game titles? Why? To save a few hours because you are too lazy to learn something? That's lame dude.

I'm not saying I believe this makes PCs worse than the rest, I saying that consumers can't justify that cost.

Without an emulator? Steam doesnt have it.

You will spend more in the long run paying for their network costs and games. 5 years of PSX network costs you $450 (plus your ISP cost).

5 years of internet on the PC is free (plus your ISP cost.)

> "Because I'm a normie"
> doesn't realize that Steam alone has more active users than Xbox and Playstation have registered users
> then add in GoG, Origin. uplay, Desura, B.net, WoT, LoL, etc

OP can eat a dick but you two are just as equally retarded. PC is the largest gaming platform today, second only to mobile.

I don't give a shit what system you play on, but don't act superior while spouting absolute bullshit, anons. God damn...

Steam has subscriptions for certain games though.

Oh sorry, that's right. I was thinking of GTA. Yeah, that's one of the exceptions and it's a decent game.

thats fucking retarded, as are you; you should be ashamed. Its a cool story that you ALREADY have a console, but thats about where your logic ends. WHEN a new generation releases, all you consolecucks will HAVE to buy a new system. So all the dumb shit you said in the post thats too long and painful to read because of how retarded it is is completely irrelevant. Your mentions of all these other devices literally add 0 to your fucking argument because the point stands: IF you want to play NEW games, you have to buy a NEW system.

Now even though I'm a PC user who hates what consoles are doing to the industry, doesnt mean I'm like the rest of these faggots that delude themselves into believing there are no flaws and no parallels between the 2. With a PC, you WILL have to upgrade as well. But it takes a long time before you are forced to do so

So don't subscribe to those games. Pay for play is gay anyway.

I've always thought it was funny how pcfags are so eager to tell everybody how much better their pc is than a console. If they were so satisfied with it they wouldn't be rabidly detailing why every console they don't have access to is inferior. They'd be playing pc games.

I would buy a pc if I wasn't afraid I'd become as smug and desperate for superiority as em. Go figure

You do know that psn is free on ps3 right?

Just trying to help enlighten some people. You can see it as an attack or as information that could be useful. Do as you will.

To be fair, if the guy's retarded enough to believe that bullshit, it might be best to let him die. Remove his autist genes from the human pool.

Because Sony and Microsoft fags dont bicker between them over which system is better? Honestly user your attempt here is just weak

It's limited to certain games. You'll need PS Plus to get everything, which PC does not limit you in any way.

The issue is because there are a larger number of pc gamers its difficult to form stereotypes on them as such.

this is the power of current year Cred Forums.......

Ps3 is last gen...

lol i have every console
i could buy any console
but im actually not an idiot and no one else is either (meaning no one fucking buys every single xbox that gets released) fucking idiot

it doesnt affect our lives if we dont give a fuck
lol all you pc gamers are the ones crying
literally every console gamer just enjoys themselves
thats something youll never have
a joy youll never experience
a stress free life

xbox gold is only 49
and you get free games ALL YEAR
how many free games do pc gamers get?

Hundreds.

I don't play games for hours and hours though. Maybe an hour or 2 a week. I use my PS3 for YouTube and Netflix more than I play games.

I don't think you know what "free" means.

store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

fucking a shitload. And actually free, not "free so long as you pay for it"

AAA games like dead space getting downloaded to own forever that i never paid for
thats free

Also, how does learning to build a gaming PC make my life better? I don't even play many games. I have better uses of my time than learning to build a PC.

Have had many consoles in the past which is how I can speak on both fronts. Move on man. Quit living in the past and making excuses. Talking shit about me is a reflection on yourself, considering you have zero information about me. You could also take some new information and make some informed decisions about your next gaming upgrade and be happy someone told you about other options instead of being locked into consoles. :-)

wtf is that shit?
sorry i dont go on addictinggames dot com i dont give a fuck about any of those retarded free games

Except you did pay for them....that's what the subscription fee is....

lolll have had? i have had an expensive and excellent gaming computer too and its not worth it
i know both fronts too
pcs are gay
battlefield 2142 tho

>no one else is an idiot
>no one
>an idiot

Well thank god we have you user to prove us all wrong. As it turns out, the few (sad) friends I have who DID buy all the systems must be imaginary then because clearly if you say no one buys every single system its impossible that they have. I have quite an imagination it would seem, at least if you are as infallible as you seem to think

> you will have to upgrade

Right, but as long as you're smart about it you'll only need to upgrade by the time a new batch of consoles come out. And, even then, you won't necessarily have to upgrade all of your hardware.

So really, gaming on PC can follow the same upgrade schedule as consoles. With the exception being you can either shorten the interval or lengthen the interval, based on your needs, budget, or desires.

that was my point user, are you arguing by agreeing? Cuz thats a ballsy approach

one year one time purchase of $50 paid for more than 30 actual REAL games not flashplayer buillshit? your right i did pay for it about 1/1000% of the actual price of the game who cares lolololol

pcpartpicker.com

Very helpful when I was building my first computer. Made sure I didn't get noncompatible parts.

literally no one read that not even me stop crying like a bitch

wat

"i have had an expensive and excellent gaming computer too and its not worth it"
You could say this about anything...
Example:
"i have had an expensive and excellent HD TV too and its not worth it"

It's just like, your opinion man .

Are you guys fucking stupid? Where are these flash games you tards are going on about.

And when you stop paying for the service, you lose the games.

How exactly are they free, user? Seems more like you're paying to rent them.

Simply uninformed... Move one people.

none of those games are fucking real?
true or false?
star crusade?
you guys are living it up lol thats AAA gaming right there

Got my PS4 for free nigga so idgaf. I just got a PC build as well too so I can play other games. I literally only use my PS4 for FFXIV, Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Nothing really else.

So I don't give a fuck about console vs. PC. PC will always be better in specs. It's about obtaining quicker and convenience. Some people don't want to put in the time to build a PC and most people don't want to buy prebuilt because face it that's always going to be low grade overpriced.

Some people want to just get it for an entertainment system to hook to a TV; then sit on their couch and just play a game. The fact that this post comes almost every day to generate kek and "troll" console people is pathetic. Why else would you give a fuck what someone would buy with their money? Go learn code or something dude. Quit wasting good gaming time making retarded threads like this.

>inb4 butthurt console fag
>inb4 autismo summr

Also the picture of any actual console gamer playing any competitive online game is a toxic fuckwit half the time. Not guy fucking smiley like in the cartoon.

are you dumb? thats not true????????? once you download it to your xbox you own it forever

uninformed that i got dead space for free and it doesnt get deleted if i cancel my gold subscription? you guys are fucking autistic thats how it works

I prefer PC but I need my console for Gran Turismo / The Last of Us / God of War etc

Yeah, user is wrong about that. But also, once you upgrade to a new xbox or whatever, you may not still be able to play it. Some are exclusive to the console and not all are backward compatible. PC games will almost always work and there are things like DOS BOX for really old stuff, allot of which is free now.

I have both consoles because I don't care for fedoras or virginity preservation

hah what? thats an opinion based off of experience theres no better type of opinion? fucking idiot

Uninformed that all PC games are flash games, dick hole.

Psn has alot of users wyd

i was talking about the list of free games that one faggot sent me from steam. did you even reeeeed

Dead space cost me £2, yeah that seems worth it.

So your experience says the PC you built is not worth it. That's meaningless. Any well built PC can literally outperform any console on the market today and even the new ones coming out. You saying it's not worth it means nothing. Not worth it to you maybe, but who cares. And who cares why. You are just arguing to argue.

>free games from steam
>flash games

did you even reeeeed?

thats still not free and thats one AAA game out of MANY that have gone completely free. it doesnt compare stahp

That one faggot isn't the grand master of free PC games mongoloid. Just stop.

that doesnt mean its worth it?
"omg im outperforming the consoles mom look at me"

saying my opinion is invalid because you dont agree with it is literally arguing just to argue shut the fuck up

Okay define "worth it".
It's completely subjective.
What's the point of your argument?
That it wasn't worth it for you?
Good for you.
Maybe it would be worth it to someone with half a brain cell.

it was a joke i was comparing those stupid "games" to flash games becasue fucking look at them??? theyre shit. wtf is any of those games? and are they good? fuck no. it was a joke those games are a fucking joke

>Hey you can use what you have but get a shitty razor product...

I'm saying your opinion is baseless. Give us the reason it wasn't worth it.

Or just have both?

No one is listening because you're a moron.

not worth the money
not worth the time
not worth the cringe
not enough significant "WOW" difference to go through having a fucking gay ass pc
been there
done that
not worth it

Because online gaming is fucking annoying and I want to be able to sit down in my living room, pop in a disc and play it without worrying if I need a new graphics card or some bullshit I have to micromanage just to get it to run. Call it laziness but why the fuck should you have to work for your entertainment? Why go to the trouble of putting time and energy into something that's a time sink anyways? It's just fucking sad seeing people get all prissy about something that is, however way you do it, a waste of time.

ive gotten a reply to every comment so someones listening
nothing moronic about pointing out the obvious fact that none of you play any of those free games on that free game list so it should have never been compared to AAA getting released for free

not worth the money
Yet you spend money on a console for the exact same outcome, just less quality and pay to use network.

not worth the time
Subjective, some would argue it's time well spent

not worth the cringe
What the fuck cringe?

not enough significant "WOW" difference to go through having a fucking gay ass pc
HUGE difference. Lightyears in quality. You simply must not know.

been there
So what.

done that
So what.

not worth it
Again, your opinion. Some would say it is. Like me. It's WAY worth it.

PC fag here. If you want top of the line everything it will cost you more than all 3 consoles combined. I only wish Nvidia would actually produce what they promise. "gtx1070 for under $300" and they make what? 10? then the other 1070's are way fucking more. fuck them.

You show me a way to play Mario kart double dash on your PC and I'll show you a liar.

>nobody plays LoL
>nobody plays Dota 2
>nobody plays TF2
>nobody plays ALL those MMOs

AAA games that are 5 years old, worth around £2-5 on steam. Seems worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=aMegDvGPNb4

Newfag

easy with emulators

Because
>I intend to leave the country soon
&&
>I don't want to have to pay x > $1000 to upgrade every few months
Besides, I like my PS4. It's got weeb games I like, plus the "normie" games I moderately like, including Minecraft. With a gaming PC, I'd probably just play Minecraft and Runescape anyway.

so what? so ive had the fucking experience of having a fucking nice ass high performance computer and its NOT THAT MUCH BETTEr aka not worth it what dont you understand?

Because I don't want to
/thread

double dash works great on dolphin, you couldn't even come up with a game that runs shitty/doesn't run in an emulator?

Why choose a game for the gamecube? It has one of the best emulators out there, you can even use an original gamecube controller to play it.

I dont mind when consolefags enjoy having consoles, realistically I couldnt care less what you idiots do with your time and money, but ffs at least be right when you spew your idiotic opinions. You can build a bawce system that shits on the new consoles for $1000 easy. When you have to upgrade that system to play current games in like 10 years, you will replace ONE piece of hardware

you can sit there and cry about how its soooo much different and sooooooo much better but its not. any other person that uses pc should agree but wont

I have a really great gaming rig, built it last year, love it, use it everyday.

But I also want some like portable gaming device that I can play some classics on. Like cross-platform. Like there are a bunch of N64 games I never got to play, Gamecube, PS2, Original Xbox. I wana play those games on the go, but the device not be a huge monstrosity.

I think maybe I will buy a raspberry pi and try to do it myself? idk.

What the fuck difference does it make to you? Does it make you feel superior cuz you game on a PC? Stop thinking your shit don't stink and get over your false sense of superiority

I didnt choose shit. Literally googled "mario kart double dash on PC" and posted the first thing that popped up.

PC has no games

I can play all those multiplats on my PS4 plus exclusives like The Last Guardian, God of War, Death Stranding, Naughty Dog games, Sucker Punch games, FFXV, the list is endless

PC sucks, you pay all that money for slightly better multiplats

what language is this in? it almost sounds like youre speaking english, yet it makes no sense

consoles are like a check valve for idiots in the community.

$1000>$399

You seem to care a lot, hence you starting this thread.

In any case, my PS4 works fine, as does my N64, GameCube, PSone, and even my Japanese SNES (Super Famicom) from the early-1990s. Haven't had to 'replace' anything.

You're just being a petty elitist. Typical for PCfags.

this is why this thread should just end now
pc gamers will always resort to 12 year old tactics in the end
"so what?"
"omg is that even english?"
i give up
you should too

Because I like to play Madden and the WWE games that usually dont hit PC until 7 months after console release. I also enjoy EA Access and games with gold, 4 games a month really help my collection (up to 152 games now) I own a PC as well but usually only play wow. Oh yeah, I also enjoy being able to buy physical games I can sell if I don't like it.

This. All of this.

I've seen some cool stuff coming out built on Rasberry pi. I have a 3DS with an emulator card on it for portable. I have entire libraries of games for NES, SNES, GENESIS, TURBO GRFX, etc... It's greatness!!! Card is called the DStwo I think.

"I have all these consoles, but I haven't addressed the problems people point out in them. I'm blind to the flaws of the things I like but claim others are elitist for implying there are flaws at all."

on the contrary, you replaced the whole console to be able to continue playing new video games. Where the pc users swaps his GPU or add some RAM and is back in the game when his hardware becomes underpowered.

You basically hit all the good exceptions, and that's cool.

I'm taking about going forward. I still have lots of classic consoles.

samefag self stroking

i have consoles so i dont associate with manchildren who get butthurt when people dont like their toys

I have a PC, Xbox One, and Wii U. I'm on the PC the most. Occasionally I will play a game on the Xbox One or Wii U. That's enough to justify the cost to me because I am not poor as fuck so I don't have to choose just one thing.

Enjoy being poor.

>/Threads own post
Newfag

>not owning both consoles and a pc

I have both and I can't stand pc sometimes, especially with steam and all its fucking clicker games and Facebook game ripoffs, that somehow consistently make the top 10. No way in hell am I going to play the shitty indie games faggots like pewdiepie play for 12 year olds either. The libraries for both aren't that different in terms of what's actually worth buying. Keyboard and mouse controls are shit and I'm going to install drivers so I can use a controller anyway, which is going to turn my pc into a glorified console emulator anyway. Just use a pc for exclusive online shit like WoW or mobas, and look up which games have shit framerate on consoles to play on pc.

Right? I still use my pentium 98 with it's maximum 4 mb of ram to run all the new games in full resolution.

yeah cause swapping the GPU totally doesn't cost almost as much as a new console LOL

>problem
Mine don't have the 'problem' you talk about. Pretty much, no one's does unless they (you) live like barbarians and don't know how to take care of their stuff.

Sounds expensive. Usually is.

That's what my PS4 is for. I look forward to VR when it comes out.

that is one of the most little girl comments i have ever seen on Cred Forums

I had 2 360's red ring, Disc drive motor burned out in my ps2 and N64 went through a power supply. Are you seriously trying to claim that consoles never need repair or replacement parts?

i'll stick with my console gaming

it's fun, entertaining, have actual friends to play with on it, you don't see me making these kinds of threads.

we may not have the best shit around but at least we aren't faggots about it.

sounds like bad luck to me

ummm. I was literally confused by what the fuck your point was because it was so stupid

Good try

I didn't say "never," although is pretty rare that your PS2 or N64 would die like that. I'm somewhat curious as to how you treat your hardware.

i love what you said tho

cuz in the end thats the best point ever made

we dont make threads about it
and were not faggots about what we game on
im leaving just cuz you won

bye!

my ps2 n64 and 360 all running strong
your life sucks

Bad luck or not, any machine will eventually wear out and experience failure with use. You will inevitably have to replace something.

i didnt start this thread at all, nice try though. I could care less if some people still have teenage mindsets and play on consoles. Its your money, your life, your decision, do whatever the fuck you want with it lol. It does annoy me though when people argue about shit falsely.

I main PC but In he console war, Im with nintendo because theyre not farting out games
>inb4 animal crossing amiibo festival

>probably smokes in the same room as console
>probably beats on it when he loses
ive had my 360 for almost 4 years now, only the disk tray sticks

I CAN PLUG IN ANY CONSOLE TO MY CAR AND GAME ON THE GO ANYWHERE I WANT

I WIN GUYS
I WON THE THREAD
CONSOLES FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

But I have a PC, and multiple consoles, cause I'm not poor or 12.

>teenage mindsets
>complaining at someone for preferring consoles over PCs for playing video games
m8....

Wasn't me dude.

>teen mindset
>99.99% of xbox games are rated M
>teen
what

I treated them well, sat on a shelf with good air circulation. And aside from the 360's which were the last console I owned, I replaced the parts in my ps2 and n64 so they didn't die.

Cause I'm not a fucking computer guy.

he means he can't fap in the living room. 1st world problems

Can't help you there. I guess it's a good thing I never said, "never."

tfw LGR does exactly that. and the thing is, yo dont even have to dig out your 10 y/o pc. you can emulate that stuff.

I only own a PC that I build but I want a console. I'm a casual gamer (I play anywhere from 0-10 hours a week) and I occasionally want to sit on the couch and play some games.

way to bring up major changes in hardware architecture to make it seem like the norm. top kek

it doesnt. It costs about the same to go from something outdated to the NEWEST gpu. You can buy a card that is NEWER, for waaaay less than a console, AND its better cuz its not 8 years old

this guy won tho