Making Humans a Multiplanetary Species spacex

Making Humans a Multiplanetary Species spacex
there's no official chat, which makes me sad. let's chat about it here

woo! it started!

lol, that last row.
people on: earth, 7 billion; mars, 0

I feel like this guy is at .5x speed

he does talk kinda slow. if he weren't a billionaire, i wonder how anyone would take him seriously.

I love what hes doing but I feel he totally underestimates the effort and planning required to go to Mars with our current shitty propulsion systems. Send someone to space, then land something on the moon, then fly someone by the moon and finally land someone on the moon. Then talk bout Mars...

But hey their spaceship has triangle windows. Future stuff right there

is there a more better chat somewhere?

lol,
simulation shows, everyone cheers.
simulation finishes and he says that's what it's actually going to look like, silence.

whoa, fucking huge!

i like BFR, big "falcon" rocket.

i respect that elon can work in "fucking" into a name that is said across news networks and polite civilized family friendly venues.

holy shit, saturn V was fucking huge!

"subcooled" also just sounds cool

Where do the 200 passengers go?

they can fill that with seats, dumbass

>pronouns
The empty space? I'm pretty sure that's for fuel

looks like 85% of the ship is just boosters and fuel

Because it is. Bigger the payload, the bigger booster you need, meaning more fuel you need. space 101.

I'm thinking it's the rectangular bits near the tip. But it looks rather small for 100-200 people and doesn't have space for activities

the top

>> pronouns
?

I'm really curious on how spacex plans on dealing with space radiation, something that so far spacex does not have much experience with

The Tyranny of the Rocket Equation. Bigger payload means bigger rocket, means more and more fuel needed to get each stage of the rocket to where it needs to go.

"as you can see, i'm a dancing machine."
i knew he's a robot!

Trip to mars is only a few months to a couple years, without any solar bursts they should be fine. Plus burried cities in mars, in order to shield housings from

Interesting that the ship is launched empty and fueled by a tanker in orbit.

That tanker will need to be lifted to orbit I would assume they'll rely on multiple small fueling missions to fill it up? So much effort to just get a few people to mars who will for all intents and purposes be reliant on support from earth for the long foreseeable future.

Even after a nuclear war or major asteroid impact, earth would be FAR more hospitable to human life than mars.

The ship is not empty of fuel at launch, its still holding and using the fuel for launch, then it is refueled.

Oh, I see. Thanks user.

its not just people, however radiation exposure for them is still a huge thing, prolonged exposure (a few weeks or more) to cosmic radiation would be devastating to the human body. But radiation reaps havoc on electronics and equipment, when Orion was tested a couple years the big issues was if the probe could function outside the van allen belts, and it only went up through some of the lower smaller belts

So far we've only had to worry about cosmic radiation for the Apollo missions, and those were outside the belt for only a couple days, ever other human space mission has been below the van allen belts