Games you think only played time

Other urls found in this thread:

super-memory.com/sml/colls/mindmaze.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9blNcsRZdKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Breathe of Fire series

Seems like everyone else played FF

W-What?

I think I had this. Was it turn based and had puppets?
It was the cheapest game at FYE

The one with the island with the animals and the bunny dies and you see his ghost

I used to love finding all the strange demos on the old Microsoft programs CD ROMs

played Breath of Fire III. really an amazing game.

>This

Woah MS Encarta.... i beseech thee

Didnt sleep for days

everybody plays that. i'm playing it right now

I played threads of fate when I first got a ps1

I went back to play it on an emulator a couple years ago

What the fuck was I thinking

Tired describing it to friends on some occasions but none of them remembered it. I didnt either but saw it at a store and it all came back to me. Apparently 1/3 of them tired it to but none of them got far

Anybody with a snes played both

super-memory.com/sml/colls/mindmaze.htm

2, 3, and 4 are great games. I was excited for Dragon Quarter... adn then it ended up like it did.

nothing depressed me more than finding out that the franchise was going to all mobile games

how are you still playing this steaming heap?

>tfw played the whole series

thousand arms? beyond the beyond?

was streaming Suikoden II pefect playthrough to a pretty large audience a few months ago

Hybrid Heaven, I've never spoken to anyone in person who's even heard of it, but obviously other people played it.

It's in the fucking picture

too bad they haven't been good since II

>i still played them, though

That game was so fucking weird. The odd timing/turn based combat drove me nuts

Name a game that you played but don't believe that anyone else played? Is that what you mean? If so, Blazing Dragons.

pssh I loved that game and mint.

Fuck man, so much nostalgia. Bought this shit for my Ps3. Not gonna lie though, wanted to fuck the shit out of Mint

I've got that on my shelf right now. I think it's biggest downfall is that it was a JRPG in a sea of them when it was released.

this game was crap

private servers

I fucking hated the maze section. Where there were pillars with the eye that if they saw you would instantly teleport to you location and block off the path. I was a kid so it was probably alot easier or something but damn it doze me off a cliff back then. On a side note I was able to glitch it once and get above the maze so i could just jump on the pillars to bypass it but fell at the end and died.

Kinda kiddy but it was fun. Reminded me of old ps games like spyro

>older brother and I had subscription to Sega Channel
>bunch of new games every month
>always found the weirdest shit
>this game was actually cash

well, i guess that's acceptable. The current game is really bad.

Had the 2, played it, loved it.

How did Vandal Hearts age ? If I pick up right now would I have a great time or would the graphics give me soul-ache ?

BoF were classics. Dragon Quarter was fun, but wasn't really a BoF game. Should have been it's own thing. Gonna echo that it sucks balls that they're going mobile.

Mistook it for I-Ninja but thanks for helping me find another game i havent seen in ages

graphics are fine, bloodspurts get tedious

if you've never gotten the vandalier class for ash, it's worth doing just to see him get crazy OP

It helps to play it like it's a FE game, helps milk a little more difficulty out of it

Large as in fat, it's a weeb game

Was always perplexed why he has his ass cheeks exposed. Great game though.

as did I, didn't enjoy 3 too much, after that it lost its touch.

1 and 2 i played literally dozens of times

dragon quarter would have been great if they would have nerfed that outrageous difficulty that kicks in very early.

>animemessageboard.bmp

The 90s had so many hidden gems

It was an Ivalice game, and the art guy for that world loved him some man-butt (FF Tactics was the same way).

Loved the shit out of this.

10/10 would rape mint.

That final boss was such a fucking bitch with his 9999 damage to each body part

wwtf is that
youtube.com/watch?v=9blNcsRZdKA ???

I remember this being really fun, despite my usual dislike of JRPG turn based strategy

Mai nigga.

The first time you play, it's reasonably balanced. It's ungodly powerful and you're invincible, but it eats away your time limit on the game. But once you understand the game and know how/when to manage it, you can end the game only hitting like 12-13% on the D-Counter. Honestly, Dragonizing is a noob trap. You very rarely really need it.

controls have ages like milk, but the dark setting is actually enhanced by the graphical glitching (textures sliding as you move the camera about)

10/10 game

Blasto, Italian Job(PS1),Hogs of War, Bugs Bunny Lost in Time

Oldfag here

You probably did the same thing nearly everyone does the first time through. You were using a 2h weap and were letting your RISK meter get too high (increasing your damage taken). If you use a shield and use your RISK-lowering items every 20-30%, he's a joke.

ps4 version has 'updated' graphics

maybe I'll go download a save file that has gone through it enough to get all cutscenes on a new game and try it again. I was young, and pretty much refused to use the D-counter

coin saving is stupid, however.

>thank you sweet baby joe pesci for emulation

Almost forgot Army Men, good times.

Played it, was pretty good. Didn't finish it though

I want a good tactics. Should I get Vandal, Ring of Red, or re-play Suikoden tactics ?

Already played and finished Disgaeas.

Final fantasy tactics for some reason I did not like. It was fine until the zodiac sign started making things too complicated for my taste.

Suikoden tactics I thought was definetly AWESOME

Spend most of your party points keeping Nina over-leveled. Have Nina use mostly traps, preferably ones that can Freeze or Shock, and have Lin use the knock-back AoE. Ryu deals with any crunchies that get up close. You can beat almost any battle in the game with that strategy, only Dragonizing for optional enemies in side areas.

Didn't he have an attack you had to counter (AKA exclamation point exact second press thing) that one shot you no matter your equipment or HP ?

suikoden tactics is for autistic people, that fucking story line.

I can play it every year and never get bored.

Not that I recall. If there is one, it must be an enrage timer type of ability ("you took to long, so time to die" kind of mechanic).

That one guy in the stockcades begging for help.

Shoulda knew ya history brah

Play Advance Wars for the GBA

Played this one too, got all the way to the last route and got stuck in the tower where you had to input a song

suikoden tactics was terrible, so i dont know what to tell you. That game was universally panned

all of the Disgaeas were way to easy, but really pretty and engaging.

FFT is glorious, up until those last few levels where the story gets rushed, monsters that are totally out of place show up, and they give you units you have to use that can solo all the final fights.

Most of the FE games are good, excluding their last 2 releases, but super easy unless you crank it up/limit yourself.

Bahamut Lagoon is a good tactics game by squaresoft with a few neat twists, you might enjoy that.

you must be the one person that enjoyed suikoden tactics

First one is better for the PS1.

Just go sword and board and spam Break Arts, healing up if you get to about half health or when you see him charging for an attack (the little "..." in the speech bubble over his head). He shouldn't even get all that many attacks in. It's possible to get him before he ever does his big fly-over attack, and if he does it you'll live since you're keeping your health topped off and Break Arts don't increase your RISK gauge.

Star Control 2/Ur Quan Masters.
Still play the hd remake today and just love the story. Played throught it 5 times and still discover new things i didn't understand before.
The story is by far the deepest i've ever seen. Easily beating out Too The Moon and life is strange story wise

This took so long to find

>when your childhood is a big meth trip

U allright kid?

Never met anybody else who played this

It was a PC game from like late 90s/early 2000s started out real happy and you had to go inside some like chipmunk or squirrel's tree hole and when you leave everything is red and horrible. Please tell me I wasn't playing a creepypasta

Gungrave.

Which is a shame because it was pretty fucking epic.

Oh shit Terminal Velocity was fucking amazing! I had the demo from my copy of Duke 3D.

I never played anything but the demo though.

Stinkoman anyone?

You and ten million South Koreans m8

damn this game was hella fun

Circa 2006 that was all I played. Mainly because it was the only game my computer could run. I loved it.

Golden Sun 1 and 2 were fucking amazing RPGs.

this also was epic, i liked how the game changes with your decisions and which mechs you can get

Anybody remember Baton Kaitos Eternal Wings and The Long Lost Ocean?

Love that game!

My absolute favorite PS1 game. Rarely see it get the recognition it deserves.

Funny writing, fun gameplay, great music.

I played the shit outt of this game

my negro

This...So fucking this

I have memories of playing an Atlantis based PC Game back In the 90's. Never remember the game, just found It once years ago. I was fascinated back In the days with that game.
The main character was naked