Sup glorious fucking faggots

Sup glorious fucking faggots.

What does Cred Forums do for a living? I have a professional bachelor in journalism and it is literally fucking cancer. Advise me.

Already paying rent so going back to school for too long is pretty much out of the question.

I'd bump with tits if I saved a folder like you degenerates, but I don't.

Bump

I can't give career advice, I chose the laid back path of a regular ol job. Fuck all that degree mumbo jumbo.

Also fuck you OP, you sound like you smoke weiner.

Bump

So what's a regular ol job bro. Enlighten me.

I'm a lab tech for an incredibly large food company.

It's tiding me over for now.

Man, I always hear anything in the chemical sector is pretty much good pay and job certainty. I'm too dumb / far behind on getting into that though.

-op

There are really basic lab tech positions where you don't need a degree to be fair. They mostly do grunt work though.

Also if you want some career advice I know you said going back to school is out of the question but I would consider looking at Masters courses, pretty much everyone has a Bachelors nowadays, a Masters can help you stand out a little.

The only other advice I could give is make sure your CV and covering letter and shit is top notch, that's the first hurdle. Make sure that shit is good and then just keep applying for stuff.

Well I've lost count of how many covering letters I've send, and I know my cv is top notch. Designed it myself in Photoshop and all that.

It's just the media dude. Too little jobs foor too many people. I want out so badly. I'd prefer grunt work and job certainty over working in a fucked sector (which the media really is).

Everyone who I graduated with and who didn't study on is struggling to get by. Going from one interim job to another. It's seriously fucked.

Trouble is most people think their CV is really good, I haven't seen yours so I can't tell you what you might be doing wrong but one thing I found really useful is tailoring your CV to the job you're going for and not just sending the same CV to every job you apply for.

By tailoring I mean make the things that the job's looking for stand out, really read through the job description and make a list of what they're asking for and then try and tailor your CV to that.

But yeah dude, no lie the job market is still pretty fucked up. I can't imagine there's a ton of jobs in journalism too, seems like the kind of sector where it's hard to get your foot in the door.

You can make like 60K to 70K a year being a MRI or CT scan technician. You basically just press go on the machine and then email the results to the doctor. Takes a 2 year degree to get certified. Any idiot can do it. You aren't diagnosing the patient, just operating the machine, and like I said you more or less just press go on the machine.

One of the highest paying easy jobs any idiot who knows how to use a computer can do.

You also need to edit your cover letter and CV to be specific to the jobs you are trying to get. Try to think of specifics that one job might be looking for over another.

These days you have to have the right key words in your CV and cover letter to make it past the computer filters a lot of companies use. With online applications they get bombarded with thousands of applications. They use filters to eliminate 90% of the spam. You need to make sure your shit is specific to that job and won't get filtered with the spam.

Try to think of what that particular company is looking for.

Left school and did journalism at Uni... Out of work for three months after the course then ended up with a shit job on £11k a year with people who'd been in the same jobs for over a decade. Long boring days covering courtroom bullshit...

Now work at sea half the year for four times as much money. Never been happier

Work at sea? What do you do?

I know dude, I change 'em every time. And I'm not going to post my cv on Cred Forums for obvious reasons. I know it's human nature to blame anything but yourself for not finding a job, but I really do think it's the case in the media sector.

I could make myself more interesting by getting into motion graphic design, so I'm thinking about no-lifing After Effects for a few weeks until I get it down, but other than that there doesn't seem to be an aweful lot I can do.

I have the exact same cat doof and my dog does this too

Keep applying, don't lose hope. I had to job hunt for almost a year after I got my masters in microbiology. Worked at home depot in the mean time.

It was embarrassing because I worked in the same city I got my master's in. People from my master's program would come into home depot and see me loading lumber on shelves and be like WTF man? Didn't you graduate?

Sucked. But I eventually got a job at a biotech company and am doing pretty good now.

He cleans the semen out of the bilges.

Started off as a meat cutter/butcher and now I'm one of a few meat merchandisers. I pretty much cycle around different grocery stores in my district and make sure they are up to company standards, help them reset their cases to new schematics, and show them how to cut their meats in a visually appealing manner if they already don't know how

you chose your field like a typical democratic retard without any real research. Its a shame parents seriously tell their kids to pursue their dreams by any means, however simultaneously, screwing their kids with debt and being unprepared for the real world. You did this to yourself fuck nut, and there is no way to fix it, so suck it up and continue your job till your debt is paid in full. then pursue another career.

Work on tankers. Started as a cadet, then went up to third mate, second and now a chief. Three month trips away but three home also. Can't imagine life if I'd stuck with journalism.

It seems great on TV, but unless your at the top is pretty dull