I got bored and built a pc from scratch and installed linux on it. What now

I got bored and built a pc from scratch and installed linux on it. What now...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCdfcUSZy6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

set up a virtual machine on your new linux machine and install linux on it
set up a virtual virtual machine on your new linux virtual machine and install linux on it
set up a virtual virtual virtual machine on your new linux virtual virtual machine and install linux on it
repeat until bored

Run it headless with apps like
tmux
cmus
mutt
finch
,etc
Or this. Could be used for a nice traftic tunneling

try to make it wake up.
talk to it with your brain.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCdfcUSZy6k

Whats linux?

Eat until you are 400 pounds
Use you computer to hack the internet

repeat untill memory maxes

it's like windows 95 with better command line support

Yea which version are you running?

Install gentoo

how from scratch are we talking? i want to do the same, as i am also bored.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I also wanna know answer the phone question OP

Does it have solitaire?

thanks for the clarification richard

type "sudo rm -rf /"
type your password
see some serious hacker shit

sudo rm -rf /usr /bin /home

yep, and minesweeper

you know that hasn't worked in years, right?
you need to do this now
sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

dont do that

Its a type of STD. Like OP said, he installed it on his penis clamp.

Throw it in the trash because Linux is for homos, unless you homo in which case keep it and pretend to be a hacker

you literally just install it like you would any other operating system. how fucking clueless are you faggots

installing an operating system is far beyond the technical skill of most Cred Forumstards these days
all they know how to do is post dank memes

Yeah you don't install gentoo and windows 7 the same, bud

compile and run this:

#include

int main()
{
int x = 0;
*(char *) &x = 1;
printf("Your system is %s-endian\n", (x == 1) ? "little" : "big");
return 0;
}

Run "cat /dev/urandom" in the terminal

that not bad, but it's much more fun to "cat /dev/random" and then move the mouse around

>MFW i took a dump on my linux for WinXP.

Unless you're doing something like arch or gentoo, it's about the same. Otherwise, you're trying to install all the basic shit you never even knew existed in windows. Windows manager, file manager, manually creating memory partitions, ect.