Are you depressed? What has helped you cope?

Are you depressed? What has helped you cope?

Been on meds a long time. Currently Cymbalta. Looking to switch to something else, will be visiting doc soon.

Have good life, family, job. Just not happy. No motivation. Sleeping is my favorite activity. It is almost painful to be awake.

See a therapist, drugs just mask the problem

you're a bitch, kys

Original!

Ignore those guys. It took a few months but Prozac helped me immensely. Would recommend.

Watching Gabe the Dog

I'm not even depressed and I want to kill myself.
Like, my life is actually great, but I just want to die for some reason. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with me?

That's not what original post said at all.

I've taken countless medications and none have helped. I've been in inpatient and outpatient rehab to help but it didn't work. I'm losing everyone or have lost everyone that mattered or cared. I put the gun in my mouth but I still find myself hesitating to pull the trigger every night. Why can't I just do it Cred Forums? What's wrong with me?

OP here, congratulations - abandoning post.

Im not Op

You're hoping something or someone will come around that will turn your life around. Take that small chance.

Try exercising. Even if it's just going for a walk. Try natural supplements like 5htp. Prescription drugs are just bad.

I have and she did but after two years I can't help but feel she's had enough of dealing with my problems. I want to let her go live her life and stop letting me hold her back because I'm depressed but idek how to do it. I love her and I'd hate to lose her but I know that since I really love her I'd rather see her live her life to the fullest and be all she can be and not have to be held back by anybody. I don't know how to tell her though.. I know she doesn't want to lose me but I can't keep dragging her down and hurting her and making false promises..

This and checked.
I was depressed but started to take walks and do pushups every day, couldn't do more than 4 the first day. Today I can do 100, not all in a row yet but broken up into sets of 10ish

the walks and the pushups took about 3 months to make me feel godly.

You may would like try ECT or MECT therapy, which is very helpful.

Quit being Cunt and go do something to make your day better. Quit your job, leave your wife, smack your kid for being an ass hole. Find enjoyment in done meaningless bull shit and revel in it.

I reccommend psychedelics and mindfulness

Eat healthy, exercise, and drop acid, you fucking pussy. Anti-depressants don't solve the problem, they only act as a band-aid.

This
I used to be so fucking depressed as a teen.
A steady combination of psychedelics, weight lifting, meditation, and reading has made me feel a lot better. I can honestly say i love my life now.

Also fuck anti depressants.. idiot doctors nowadays. I was on 4 pills at one time at one point (Naltrexone, Prozac, Abilify, and Depakote). I was forced to go on them too because i had multiple visits with mental hospitals as a teen. Whats that? You cut your wrists and hate your life? Bipolar, check. Anxiety disorder, check. here ya go chap these'll make you feel better.

Wait why do you still hate your life? Thats not right, are you taking your meds? Yes? Hm. Have you tried therapy?
Jesus fucking christ man after years of that i wanted to strangle every counselor and therapist i met. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Snort aderrals and find women to fuck until you get bored and do something else. Stay busy being a person instead of a faggot. 95% of depression cases these days aren't actual depression it's just people that are bored and trick themselves into apathy.

>Weed and C++

Just do what I do. Suppress all of your emotions and make jokes about it to mask your feelings from others. Then just feel worse because you're scared to bring it up and you end up just sitting hopeless in your misery.

I do this too tbh

My boyfriend Danny, he's literally the only reason why I stopped myself from cutting and contemplating suicide. I don't what I'd do without him he is the best person in the whole world. He helped me cope.

T I T S
I
T
S

me too, and I just waste all the free time shitposting/playing vidya
it might be a lighter stage of depression, I think
wasn't always like this

1) If you suspect you have depression related to a chemical imbalance, you need to be on meds. There is no amount of therapy that will solve it alone. You have to treat your brain like it's a medical problem, because it is. People's livers can fail them, they can get cancer and die. You have a serious disease that is possibly terminal in nature.

2)Let go of everything anyone tells you about depression. They may call you weak, or a faggot, but at the end of the day they don't have to live in your head. YOU DO. You OWE it to yourself to feel better.

I just made a thread about this on /adv/

I dont have anything helpful to say. But i know exactly how you feel. I just feel so selfish for not letting her go...