Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Sata III WD10EZEX

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Black CC-9011050-WW

AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz 8MB FD6300WMHKBOX

Gigabyte GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 GV-N730D5-2GI

Force 500w 12cm Fan Β-PSU-FORCE-500

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

MSI 970 Gaming 7693-040R

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Z170-Extreme4-Skylake-Motherboard/dp/B012D7HBTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475067288&sr=8-1&keywords=z170
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good i guess if you're playing minecraft or cs:go

Dont buy a WD Blue drive. If you're buying a HDD and not an SSD buy a WD Black.

You're never gonna upgrade with that socket, get a LGA1511 instead.

because more expensive, noisier, uses more power, seek time not necessarily faster

Which is why I've just installed a 2TB blue. Do some research - I was all up for a black, then I did

op-poorfag here, i want it to be a low budget pc that can be upgraded in time

>that can be upgraded
And u baught an 6300 -.-

Get a 250 or 500gig SSD for longer load games and OS.

Better GPU, (no idea why you'd buy the one you did) since the 1080 came out you can pick up 970s and 980s for cheap, gogo ebay.

Also, not super important, but i'd go for 16gig of ram, especially if you're running DDR3, with 8 you'll be fine mostly, but for newer games you're going to want to upgrade.

I've replaced 4 WD Blue drives in builds in the last 5 years. My 1tb Black has been in use for 10 years without issue. Thats why. Learn about Enterprise class drives retard.

Get a 1151 socket mobo/CPU and a better PSU. 500w is fine but get an 80+ rated from a decent brand.

And yeah, you kinda fucked yourself for upgrading by buying that mobo.

I'm still running DDR3 but with a nice cheap 1151.

i havent bought anything, im still thinking about it

You must have some bad luck - or maybe you mistreat them? The blues have a 3 year guarantee, so you should be golden. Also, I run backups.

Nice ad hominem, by the way. Always helps give a winning impression of your opinion. I could also be wrong, but I don't think WD had introduced their colour system 10 years ago

If you've got enough cash, go for a DDR4 compatible mobo. (provided the CPU n shit is compatible)

But honestly, buying a better GPU will have a much bigger effect for the price.

also about the case dude, i got a spec-03.
It's cool and shit, but I'm starting to regret it. Don't really like the way it looks

if i go for 1151, which one u suggest?

no ssd. get out.

Go for the mobo priced around $60

>Western Digital Caviar Blue
That your system drive? The Blue series wasn't made with that in mind. Go for a Black or possibly Red.

Mine (not actually home so this may not be 100% accurate):

Corsair Carbide Spec-02 Limited Edition Redshift

Corsair CX-750M PSU

ASUS Z170-A Pro Gaming MoBo

Intel i7 4.0Ghz

MSI GeForce 1070 Gaming X

Corsair Hydro Series CPU cooling

Samsung EVO 250-some GB SSD for OS

3TB Seagate something-or-other HDD for storage

16GB Ballistik Sport DDR4 RAM

Passable D-Link(?) Wireless Card of some sort - I bring my PC to friends' for couch co-op and not all of them have Ethernet ports nearby.

Red is specifically designed for RAID and large rack installations.

Something like
amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Z170-Extreme4-Skylake-Motherboard/dp/B012D7HBTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475067288&sr=8-1&keywords=z170

DDR4, quite cheap. Has a 1151 socket and enough room to SLI if you felt like it.
Some Z170s have had problems, but most are pretty legit.
Do shit-loads of research before you buy anything, that's the best piece of advice I can give.

Yeah, but it won't exactly suffer from the extra idle time of being a system drive. It'll just consume more power. It'd just be overkill.

Can thoroughly recommend the Z170A. Nice BIOS, loads of USB ports, 1151 compatibility. Would also recommend going Intel over AMD on the CPU.

Seconded, fuck AMD.

Error - mine isn't a Z170A - rather, it's just an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. Still, highly recommended. Great mobo for the price.