I'm meeting with a marine recruiter soon. What do you think I should know? The meeting is and "informational meeting

I'm meeting with a marine recruiter soon. What do you think I should know? The meeting is and "informational meeting.

Possibly relevant info: I got an 80 in my ASVAB.

Just tell them you want to see combat if you do, if you don't too bad for you you'll prly see it anyway
>asvab
>doesn't matter you're a marine

>80 on asvab
Doesn't matter in the marines, go navy & go to b.u.d.s if u wanna be a bad ass. Doesn't get more bad ass than seals

SAVE YOURSELF. JOIN AIR FORCE. I MAID A MISTAKE JOINING THE ARMY BUT YOU CAN STILL BE SAVED!

Join the army with 11x option 40, be a ranger and work up to delta. Only if you want to be the baddest of the bad.

What can I get out of the NAVY with my ASVAB score apparently I'm a military genius.

Do you want to make it a career? Or are you looking to do 4 years and use your benefits for college?

I think that qualifies for the nuclear propulsion program. Very intense and takes a lot of book smarts to pass

I'm not sure college will work out I'm a senior ( yes I'm not underage) so I'm looking at the military but I don't know jack shit about it.

ITT fucking loser high-school drop outs. get a real job and stop robbing us of our taxes

Join the Navy homes. Old fag here. I have know a lot of people in my life, many active and many prior military. Success after service is much more typical with former Navy than with other branches of the service. if you just want to do an easy 20 and get out, then the Army is for you.

Yeah I'm between marines and navy cuz they seem the most interesting. Marines have nice uniforms. Navy has water and I'm a swimmer.

>makes an 80
>brags

If you want to go straight infantry do so in the Marines.

If you think you're mentally stable enough for special forces and want to stay in the Marines you have two options.

Try to go recon right out of boot camp. You'll probably fail.

Get a technical MOS and once you reach sergeant you can apply for Marsoc. You'll probably fail that too.

The only reason to join another branch is for their special forces.

You don't want to be a technician for the Army because you'll always be a pussy.

You don't want to be a air traffic controller for the Air Force because you'll probably kill yourself after 3 years.

You can join the Navy and go for the SEALS. You'll probably fail and then be stuck around a bunch of seamen. Unless that's your thing though.

If you go Army you can go Rangers, which are literally glorified Marine infantrymen. Depending on what Marine unit you go to you will get more training then the Rangers.

You can also work towards DELTA forces in the army. They are true fucking badasses. You'll probably never make it but it might be a option for you.

You can go Air Force if you want to but you'll be a pussy. Everytime someone thanks you for your service you'll eventually die a little on the inside when you realize you never actually contributed to anything.

Also unless you go special forces you will probably NEVER see combat. It's peacetime America, which means lots of fuck fuck games in the military. To top it off the military is becoming pussifed, even the Marines.

Whatever you do good luck and make sure you ask all the hard questions before you join. Do research and call people out on their bullshit. From my experience the only branch that didn't lie to me when I was joining was the Marines. Take from that what you will.

go to a recruiter that can guarantee you a job.
make it a job that the skills have a civilian sector.
go to college during your service and after.

>13 years service (Army active)
>2nd inf - 1 deploy (OIF)
>101st airborne - 3 deploy (OEF)(3 IED close calls 1 purple heart from small arms)
>CBRN school
>air assault
>airborne
>armorer
>3rd chem Explosives training
>master driver
none of the above have helped in the job market worth crap due to not doing college.
VA taking its marry freaking time.
GI bill has yet to help.

trust me bro.

Also if you like swimming go Marines. Believe it or not but the Marines have more training in the water then the Navy. They also have yearly swim qualifications and you can work towards different "levels" of competence and become an instructor.

I may seem biased but my brother was in tears Navy and I'm a former sergeant with a tour to afghan. We basically agree on everything I posted.

Well I googled it and some people are saying stuff like " I got a 16 where can I get tutored" and on top of that I literally have no clue as to what's really good it's just on a scale of 1-99 80 seemed alright.

Nah, 80 is a decent score. I went to school with someone who got a 14 and was bragging about it

I got a 81 and I was in the top 5%.

You can get pretty much any job you want.

I took it for shits and giggles and didn't know shit about mechanics and failed that section and still made a 92...

why not go to a real university? oh that's right you are all retarded

>hurr durr I took out loans and/or paid out of pocket for college instead of getting the military to pay for it instead I'm so smart

I can go and I have good grades. It's just this seems more interesting and I'm not gonna live forever.

> 80 in my ASVAB

Congratulations! You are retarded enough to be a grunt!

I second this. Wanted to look at a computer career and this is what I got.

AF fag here. Trust me, all that "I'm a badass Marine" shit wears off in about ten seconds. Every single Marine I know has, at some point told me they wish they'd gone AF.

Marines, kek, should've joined Airforce, good food, good billets, great overseas locations, and fine looking honies! Marines, all their chicks look like their mascot, that bulldog, just a bunch of nitches that wish they had dicks, Marsoc and 0311s cool though.

You sound like someone who was in for 4 years and wished they were good enough to go SOF, but weren't so you got out and talk a big game. If you think for one second that every branch (and even some coalition countries) don't contribute ground support, you're either naive or a clueless. I'm intel and even I saw action while embedded with the Army. We still have a very active overseas mission, we're still conducting group ops in Iraq and Afghanistan, we're still monitoring Russia, still monitoring NK, still monitoring Iran, and Yemen, and Syria, and Libya. Don't like to the kid by telling him he has no chance to deploy when this is probably the most spread out we've seen our forces in the last 20 years.

>Join the marine
>get sent to a country where the locals don't want you there
>return home to join the police
>shoot some niggers to start a riot
>get promotion
Good career move bro

Do the same job, but with equipment that wont get you killed. Go army.

Tell them you're not gay but wink (just in case they are all gay).