Thoughts on tipping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AnfOnueJ8SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=49vZhQlAEyk
guccifer2.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng79utnURVY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's bullshit in every way. I'll still do it since the minimum wage laws are fucked.

I wholeheaetly agree. Women should do the same before going on a date with a guy. She should say upfront that she isn't going to sleep with him. If she doesn't she just a free loader trying to get a free meal.

Are they really though?

I like how the writer chastises those who don't tell beforehand, yet they still go out to restaurants that serve you. That's the most bullshit moral high ground I've heard of.

Tipping is a shit deal and should be done away with, but while it's still a custom here and patron a restaurant, it should be expected. It's part of the package. If you disagree with it, just don't go to restaurants that serve you, it's not like that's any right or requirement to living.

The american system is stupid. Restaurants should charge the amount they actually want, pay their own fuckibg employees and tips should only happen when service staff have actually earned them.

I throw them a $5 in tip. That's about it.

We should just enslave niggers again and make them do all the work. That way we wont have to do shit and wont give a fuck about tipping.

I like being able to reward good service with a tip. Anyone too cheap to tip good service is a nigger Jew

Here's a tip. Get rid of that shirt, it's in bad taste.

The tipping system encourages better service.

ITT: people who have never worked a hard day in the entirety of their lives.

ITT people who attended a University and got some real career.

It actually encourages dishonesty and excuses poor service.
Favorable working conditions and personal ethics encourage better service.

I tip but I don't like the concept of it. Because youre relying on the gratitude of someone.

My ex was a pizza driver when she literally could've had any other job that was x10 better and she was mad people didn't tip.

You chose that job, not my fault.

But I do tip when I order out or w/e. Especially since I can barely hear the door, if they follow the instructions I left in the notes and call me first then I tip good. If they don't its like less than 10 percent.

I'll tip at restaurants as well, but I barely go. I tip more when the person just leaves me the fuck alone and refills my drink without saying shit. Don't ask me if I want another sprite if I'm not allowed to change up drinks for free.

What I really won't ever fucking tip for is uber drivers. There are a lot of faggot ass Uber drivers in Orlando that want tips even tho uber says not to. A lot of uber sites talk shit about people who don't tip them but then again your fucking company told me not to. I didn't even know it was an issue. Fuck off and take this 1 star

implying people don't work their way through college to pay for the endless fucking expenses

h
encourages dishonesty and poor service how?

>implying you did
>not using green text

Implying people don't get paying internships.

I always leave about 25% of my meal, which is apparently worth more than the cash they'd be getting.

because when you see a black family walk in you probably assume they aren't gonna tip. they might be rich off their ass but the thought crosses your mind due to past experiences and u end up treating them worse without even realizing it.

i must've really struck a nerve

I don't see how that's dishonest, also their service would be poor based on initial interaction, if he was black and cordial i would treat him like any normal customer, if he were hood and homely, then I'd probably assume he wasn't tipping much.

Provoking dishonesty and encouraging it are two different things.

>paid internships
do the unicorns shit, piss or vomit rainbows in your fantasy world?

i work a shit job motherfucker and i make dick money so im not going to pay more than i have too for 2 beers at a bar, fucking bartenders and waiters are fucking babies man

Making 60k a year now, still in college, but I got fucking lucky enough to find a decent job.

I worked my fucking way up, through several shit jobs that depended on tips to survive. Don't be a shithead.

If you can afford to buy a large pizza, you can fucking afford to make sure your delivery driver can afford to buy himself a pair of shoes, because his current ones are falling apart to the point they can't be tied anymore.
$5 to you isn't a lot, but it means a hell of a lot to a 18 year old kid who got kicked out of his parent's house, and is working two full time jobs and struggling his way through college, living off canned tuna fish and ramen.

ITT Entitled cunts who have never had to work for what they have.

I feel shitty getting paid £7.30 an hour, USA is fucked up

This

the problem is 90 percent of the pop doesn't think that logical. coughtrumpvoterscough. Most people won't realize two people are different. They see something similar and thats all they notice.

I dont tip because im there to eat not pay someone elses wage. When i spend 40 bucks on a steak and some booze im taking the rest home for weed. Why because your job should be paying you NOT me. Im tiupping you to bring the food to me? Yo let me know when the chef is done and ill grab it myself. Yo i need a refill ill grab it myself

Why should the customer take responsibility for your misfortune?

and how would you feel if your employer garnished wages because it's expected that you'd make up the difference in tips?

You are using the word entitled wrong fool. I pay for a pizza and I dont tip because Im some entitled cunt ? No its because i work hard for my money to give money to someone when there company should be. I dont get tips for doing a great job i get a paycheck

Isn't that an issue with the way the system works and not the consumer?

I would much rather have trump than hillary, even though he's a mega asshole. Lesser of two evils, and lower taxes.

So your boss will let you serve me poorly?
Please let me know who you work for,ill make sure your restaurant slowly whittles away, as your base standard of performance is exposed.

Would you be fine with your mechanic putting 1 bolt on each tire? Because they are performing the base minimum required?

I go in to a restaurant not tipping. If you keep my drinks filled,and my food is hot, and you fuck off when im eating,excluding keeping my drinks topped off. i might give you 5% if you're a cutie girl.men servers get nothing no matter what happens.

Your boss cares far more for my $200 bill then your 10 bucks.

So why don't you cook it yourself too faggot? Get carryout

No one helped me. I worked multiple jobs during my undergrad years. None of which were at a restaurant. In grad school I received a laughably low stipend.

This. Servers make, on average, $20 an hour at a decent restaurant. Every time I hear them complain it pisses me off. I used to work at a bar and on Fridays and Saturdays it wasn't uncommon for the bartenders to make $300 for one night.

They get paid more than most manual labor positions, for a piss easy job that they complain about.

It encourages dishonesty in the same way any job does that requires you to whore out personality, where your attitude directly affects your pay. It's true those on salaries must feign emotions to maintain the social ideal of a good worker, as well, but the relationship in service industries is much more dependent.

It excuses poor service by default. If you're paying a tip for good service, it follows logically that those who don't pay good tips receive poor service. Now, this doesn't happen unless you have a repeat customer, but it's usually these people that are rationalized to have bodily fluids injected into their meals.

Truth

Do you tip the chimps at mcdonalds?
Didnt think so

trickle down economics will never work when the first people to get hit with the wave take all the water.

I always tip unless I get crappy service...even with a crappy service I tip if the food was fucking marvelous.

Please see

because he's paying darden rest. or whoever ot cook it. hes not paying for you to check if its done and walk it out to him. thats your job. that's what you wanted when you signed on for less than 4 dollars an hour.

I don't believe in it

I've done delivery and serving and this bothers me too. I was happy even with a little something based on how much worse it could be.

Pay your employees better, stop buying shit waste and selling it off as quality cuisine.

Hire employees you trust to work well with others. Servers shouldn't have to put up with others people's shit. Tipping is a gesture, not required. Get over it. If you're a fucking cunt, I'm not paying extra money for a waste of time and waste of money.

Your manager might as well split the tip with the rest of the customers for all it matters.

Do you know the difference between a sit down full service restaurant and fast food?
Didn't think so you mouth breathing redneck cocksucker

Nothing, because you knew that was the deal going in.
It's just like commission sales jobs. They don't pay on average the same amount as non-commission in the same field, but you have an opportunity to make more and you don't go into this blind.
If you take a job without knowing how the wages work, you're an idiot.
If you take a job and complain about how the wages work, you're an asshole who needs to get a different job and give it more thought before signing up.

pissed, and feel the need to file a formal complaint to the appropriate officials

lol! faggottini!!!!

exactly. i would rather wash cars or do some bullshit as job for a 40 hour check than to sweat my ass off around a bunch of people who have more money than me on the HOPES that they tip me.

I live in a country (Britain) where they're paid minimum wage, so I have no guilty need to tip.

You make more in a tipping job. it's worth the stress.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

>" I deserve more money from you people because I feel like I'm worth more than some patty flipper or shelf stocker I have expenses too you know? Do you know how hard I work? "
Thieves

I made a little over $60 on my first day at work and only worked for about 4-5 hours because of tip. Other days, it was $30, and so on and so forth. It didn't matter to me, but for other co-workers who relied on tip, I could see it being an issue.

Always try to give a tip of at least $2-3 dollars, sometimes $5, even if it was for 10-20 dollar delivery. Usually the same if I eat out, although I tend to pay exactly the amount of tip instead of extra. I know if I was in their place that I would appreciate the extra money. And if they don't need it, then so what? I'm comfortable spending a few extra dollars to have someone else enjoy themselves a little.

Trickle down does work when we can keep our jobs on our soil.

you and a few other people in this thread thinks it's piss easy to move from job to job and getting hired is like banging your whore mother(hot dogs down a hallway). it must be nice not having any responsibilities and just fucking around all day. has it ever crossed your mind that people don't choose to work in food service, but are there out of necessity? it's okay. you don't want to tip that's fine, but don't deny that you are a cheap asshole who lacks compassion and sympathy. if you want to be a shitty person at least own up to it

They are paid minimum wage...
They get compensated for they money they dont make to meet minimum wage.

Servers can eat a dick, haven't tipped in 15 years. They're all nothing but a bunch of entitled cunts who think they deserve to make 100k a year for doing a job a monkey could do. Taking down an order and rolling silverware isn't hard.
>Chef here
>Hate servers with a passion
>Hope they all die on the pain killers that they're all on and are replaced with somebody competent

They have a job and they are making money already, why the fuck should I pay extra to help a high schooler afford a new vape

My company expects you to make minimum. if you do not you are removed from tipping positions and placed into non tipping positions. Making minimum wages at a car wash sucks man.
Some days you walk out with a hundred dollars
Some days you walk out making a loss
But its literally required that you write yourself up to minimum wage or you're punished.

Servers can eat a dick, haven't tipped in 15 years. They're all nothing but a bunch of entitled cunts who think they deserve to make 100k a year for doing a job a monkey could do. Taking down an order and rolling silverware isn't hard.
>Chef here
>Hope they OD from the pain killers that they're all on and are replaced with somebody competent

put it this way. you can pay joe to cut your grass and he charges 20 dollars and you can only get him on the weekends. he does good work.

or you can pay some indian fucker to do the same thing for way less money and since your currency is more valuable than his he's will never not want to work for you.

when speaking "profit" youd be dumb to pay an american. there would have to be some serious fucking changes that wont happen in 4 years to stop that.

Why dont you pay their rent?
That would make them really happy and very stress relieved.
Since you have the money to throw around!

>Chef here
>Hope they shit themselves from the pain killers that they're all on and are replaced with somebody competent

The superiority that a server feels when there are hundreds of students who could do a much better job and for much better reasons - like paying for college expenses. And then the party of 5 walks in, all with wallets brimming with cash from their easy as pie office jobs, looking down on the simple server to selfish to move on with their lives and do something real.

Says the jealous guy that plays with food all day and should be making 100k a year.

So how you gonna ship that indian into this country? Gonna pay for his flight and board? Food?

You're right. Not like everything is just gonna magically be old school america, but still, I just want the lower taxes and less regulations. to small business.

fuck off faggot. my dad was sick needed 24 hour care around the clock and i stayed home for 2 years because of it. No money. Family forced me to get on EBT for 3mo.

he went into the hospital for 3 weeks they said it wasn't good. I caught the bus to the library and got on indeed and spammed applications left and right. Maybe 20 a day or more.

Got hired at this shit job, but I was looking for a better one the whole time. Now I'm with a good company and tomorrow I'll be getting a call from my saggy tits manager about how good I've been doing since we moved to work at home.

Tipping as it exists now is entirely part of a ploy by employers to play their employees below minimum wage. The laws that allow them to do so are despicable. Tips by definition are optional and not regular, so they should not be taken into account as far as wages go.

I would support movements to stop tipping, but because the movement would not be universal (and most likely would take a very long time to change anything in the best case), it would only ensure these people make far far below a living wage.

Hahaha, look at this prick trying to act like he's paying dues that no else is.

I guarantee you I've worked shittier jobs than you have. I guarantee you that I've worked more jobs (that I haven't been fired from). There are plenty of jobs out there that pay 10-15 dollars an hour that don't involve needing degrees, and some don't even have background checks.
Good, honest work that doesn't rely on someone else's whim.

And I do tip asshole. Like I said here.
It's a custom, if you don't like it, don't go to the restaurant.

I can't understand how people feel that lower earning from lack of tips is the customer's fault and not the system's. And for those of you who say shit like "well until it's fixed, tip" or some crap like that, how the hell do you expect a system to change everyone keeps supporting it? The only way it will change is if tip supported jobs start earning less and less because people stop tipping, and then there is a large scale effort to get the American tipping system to change.

>after the meal
>ask for drinks to go
>no tip

Servers can eat a cake, have been tipping for 15 years. They're all wonderful people who are entitled to equality and deserve to make 100k a year for doing a job no one else could. Taking down an order and rolling silverware is really hard.
>Chef here
>Love servers with a passion
>Hope they live happy lives forever from the wonderful service that they all provide and are never replaced with somebody incompetent

This. This is the only important point in this thread.

This just shows how entitled these people really are. Sit down dining and the tipping system, resulted because of its consideration as a luxury service. Then it evolved into fast food.

Lol, try a server who is practically a busboy, dish washer, and janitor. And you can't accept tips.
Kentucky is a piece of shit. Fuck Convention Centers.

lol hope ur dad is ded.

I don't mind tipping in restaurants and shit because they make (well for the most part) quality food.
It's small business/mom and pops that deserve the tip, not commercialized places that stiff the employee. Which is the problem.

oh my god.... rip.... please...

Sounds like you fit in the category of "cannot afford to go out and eat"

If you can't afford to pay those whose jobs are to serve you, just go home and do it serve yourself.
No sense spreading your poorfags disease onto others.

he did die and after he did my life got a whole lot better. big burden off my shoulders.

>consideration as a luxury service

The convenience and plushness of it are the luxury, and you pay for it. Most tip-supported services are already pricey, and they are that way because of their unneeded/luxury status. Tipping should be done purely out of a feeling of thanks for service that was done well above the norm. Not a compulsory add-on to supplement the wages of a shitty system.

If the service is good (which it normally is at the restaurants around me), then I always tip just as a thank you, paying an extra 5 or 10 dollars when I was planning to go out and spend money anyways isnt really that much of a bother, and if it helps someone out, why the hell not.

it's a clash between two systems

the modern system, where waiters are paid a fair wage just like anybody else; and don't expect anything more

and the archaic system where waiters live on the gifts of clients; which makes them directly subservient

tipping is a system where the wealthy people who own the restaurant pay very little in the way of wages
and the wealthy customers get to buy better service, often at the expense of other diners

I worked in hospitality for years, and I strongly support modern, equal pay for waiters

Again cock sucker. Logically explain why the CUSTOMER has to pay the SERVER when the SERVER has an EMPLOYER

Agreed. Why i think big chains need to pay more to everyone too. ceo's make half a mil and little worker bees get shit. Fuck that.

>If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to go out and eat.
>If you spit on my food beacuse your boss doesn't pay you enough you highschool dropout you should kill yourself

good that means there's less of a chance of people as shitty as you inhabiting this earth. should have your mother's cunt cemented shut too just in case

Last time I checked your problems were not mine. I Am entitled to the food I purchased sans any bodily fluids and attitude. If I feel like tipping you for stellar service, that is up to me. If you are unhappy find literally any monkey job that does not rely on the consumer to tip you.

The restaurants aren't going to all just magically unfuck themselves.
The only way to stop a system like this is by legal enforcement (good luck with that at this point).
Or by not providing the restaurants with business, easy to do on an individual level, but will never happen en masse.

Shit's fucked, deal with it.

There is no defense. The system is to blame, as are any businesses that continue to support it. The customer is not at fault.

Nah I like the tipping system. I would tip regardless, unless they were already paid double minimum wage. It's a show of gratitude.

>implying implied implications are implicated

i dont think my mother can have children anymore, i dont keep up with her.

and you must be pretty edgy to hate on a guy over 4 chan for getting off his ass and getting a job. 2 bad u can't make any money streaming league of legends

As if early retirement and a life time of income is harder than putting up with us itffjffjfjfjffjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfkfjfjfjfkfjfjfjfkfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjffjfjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjffjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjf

Or you could not be a sociopath and tip for the services provided to you.

probably has tits, he could try
but you sound like you're no prize either

>it's hard to change things, so shouldn't try

This is what your post sounds like to me. And this is also how a lot of people feel, which is the problem. They think it's too hard to impossible to change, so why try? Terrible mindset to have.

Do you tip any/all services or just the ones that typically expect tips? If the former, then that's fine by me. You're just being generous and thankful. If the latter, you're just supporting the shit system, and has less to do with your feelings of gratitude.

Damn you a crazy psycho.

actually the customer is at fault

because inadvertently they are supporting a system where employees are systematically underpaid

if nobody tipped, employers would be forced to pay more

people know how little waiters are paid, so they put a few dollars on the table instead of supporting the waiters rights

So here's ur job as a server. "Hey he ordered steak and mashed potates" Someone else cooks it, which is the real part of the job, the part people would actually tip for if they could tip chefs directly.

then when its done u march your candy ass out with my food and tell me enjoy and pour my drink. you're not offering a service that you aren't paid besides having a pretty face or a nice rack.

but if you arent being paid enough that isnt the consumers fault

You'd better listen to Mr Pink.
youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

this is Cred Forums no is a prize here.

I think you misunderstood me/I wasn't clear. We're on the same side here. I meant that customers who do not tip are not at fault.

It depends on where you live. If you live in a small town i could see it being a problem. But I live in a decent sized city and there is literally work everywhere. You just have to put applications in and call back. You have to want a new job, not just to sit there and complain about your current one because it takes time to get a new one. Put in the fucking effort and you can and will get a better job.

You work as a server on a friday night and see how much you still feel that way. Also it's fairly normal to tip a chef if you so choose.

sorry for half reading and jumping in

if you were anything at all, you wouldn't be here. we're all degenerate filth

start a union, if servers want to earn more then they would earn minimum wage. Think a server doesn't like the idea of possibly earning 100 dollars in a an hour? I hear some pizza deliver drivers are given surprise nude door greetings from 10/10's and 100$ tips.

It's Friday night at Olive Garden, you're taking care of 5 tables of at least 4 people or more.
They tip you. How much do you think that server is going tom make? Lol use your head. Servers LIVE off of tips. It's their meaning in life.

this guy gets it

This. We're done here, folks.

this pic is dumb. by tipping your enabling the system that treats them like shit in the first place

Duh it's a hustle. Also was a delivery guy and never got the nude door thing, maybe some flirty moms, and no hundred dollar tips either. Got a cool 20 dollar coin once though.

>start a union
shut the fuck up. i refuse to read anymore of your post.

You Americans and your retarded systems

>hink a server doesn't like the idea of possibly earning 100 dollars in a an hour?

I am sure they do. And since the average hourly earnings of tip-supported jobs are higher than the average hourly pay, I fail to see how anyone looks poorly at those who choose not to tip. There are loads of people who still do tip, be it out of gratitude or compulsion, that they are making good money. Yet non-tippers get treated like they're the low of the low.

cant argue with this

They are. I don't get what it is you people don't understand about a tip being a show of gratitude. Even if everyone tipped fairly yet consistently, servers should be satisfied. Which yes in my opinion fairly could be far lower than 20%

Don't know about restaurants but I deal in a casino. There is no way in fuck the casino would pay me as much as I make in tips. If they stopped tipping and paid me a wage id go from like 75k a year to $12 an hour. I'd just go get a real job and they would hire a bunch of fresh off the boat asians. Casinos already don't give a fuck about table games play it means almost nothing to them if they had to pay dealers even minimum wage the only games would be high limit.

Things like this only change when the majority of the population, the government and corporations all want them to. If you don't realize how difficult that is, you're pretty dim. If you can come up with one intelligent argument of how something like this could change, you'd be a winner in my book.

An idiotic idealist is just as inept as a defeatist.

lol

>Yet non-tippers get treated like they're the low of the low.
Everyone is treated liek they're the low of the low

WOW!
If they don't get minimum wage, then the owner has to compensate!
WOW
MINIMUM WAGE
WHICH ISN'T FEDERAL
AND IS 7.25 IN MY STATE

that fucking sucks, you would know that if you weren't a fucking neet

>a show of gratitude

If it were a show of gratitude, tipping would be done in a large array of services, not just ones for which the customer is expected to tip. There were would be wages and prices that are not based on tips, and any tipping would be extra because the employee did an awesome job. Most tipping is not out of gratitude, but rather because they feel they have to.

I am not claiming to have the answer, nor am I saying this would b easy. But shit systems need changing. I am sure there are some people out there who CAN come up with a good plan to change things. But the more people support the tip system and demonize those who do not, the less of a chance there is that those people will come forth or be able to gain any traction.

There are two topics that are guaranteed max replies on Cred Forums tipping and circumcision. If you could find a way to combine the two it would be the ultimate shitpost.

I will not tip unless the service is outstanding. Simple as that. If you only check up on the table once and hurry away, are not polite, or are whacked out on drugz then I will not tip. If the server does his/her job well and I have a pleasant experience then I have no problem leaving 13-18%

>Everyone is treated liek they're the low of the low

Yeah, but I am not talking social treatment in general. If I were, then yes everyone fucking sucks and we all deserves the worst. But we're talking about the tipping system and the people in it. For this case, non-tippers are treated the worst.

>tfw doctors aren't tipped for circumcising newborns

Such injustice!

What you don't understand is that tipping is just a substitute for private contracting. Think of that way if you'd like. You could hire a lawn care company to cut your grass, and they have a pool guy too, but you have to pay him separately to treat your pool because it's an additional service, yet he still gets salary from the lawn care company just to be on the team. Happy? Tip your fucking waitstaff, you even get a choice of how much you want to pay.

youtube.com/watch?v=AnfOnueJ8SQ

It shouldn't needed for so many jobs to make a decent income. That said, we should tip while it is still a practice.

Tip is money earned for good service. No good service, no tip. I will literally not tip if I feel I haven't received a good enough service and that's it. I don't care how much you earn, if you have a job you have a moral obligation to do it and do it well. I am willing to reward fulfillment of that obligation, not neglect of it. You don't want to work there? Don't.

I'm a chef in the US. I've spent 25 years working in restaurants. I'm more informed than most of the fuckers here. The system in the US is actually fucked. You shouldn't have to tip when you go out. I understand the confusion on the rest of the world's part. However, in most states there is a separate "minimum wage" for service people that receive tips. If you aren't tipping, you're fucking over another human being because you're angry at the system. That being said, I used to work a ten hour day making $9 per hour in 120 degree heat. This was a very high end place though. While that was happening the servers were doing a four hour shift and clearing $400 a night in untraceable cash. It pissed me off to no end. That wasn't the case in the lower tier restaurants I worked in. They were scrambling to make minimum wage. I take into account what my server is going though and what the check average is before I decide what I'm tipping. If I'm in some shithole and have a server running the fuck around I'll tip 30% sometimes. The system sucks BUT I've been to England, Canada, Spain, the Netherlands, and France... The service there is unequivocally fucking awful. "oh it's 5 o'clock and I have 8 tables but it's time to go home? Peace out". Tips DO get you better service.

Employers will get around this. All of mine have.

Actually there is a Federal minium wage that all lawful employers in the country must pay, regardless of state...

As for how shit it is, that's the reason you get a better job faggot.

No matter how many analogies you use, it won't change the fact that tipping is "supposed" to happen and thus their hourly wage is shit. That's the problem. The pool boy analogy doesn't work because he will still get a payrate that isn't some ungodly low, well below federal minimum wage bullshit excuse for a payrate. Also, if no one tips, tip-supported employees still have to get at least minimum wage via their employer. So we are not evil for not tipping. I don't tip other minimum wage jobs. Why should I tip this one?

And for what it's worth, I do tip. Usually only moderately, and only because I feel like I have to. And since I often go to places more than once, I don't want the bullshit NONTIPPERS ARE EVIL mindset that infects these places to make my time there total shit. Yes, I am part of the problem by doing this.

Want to make more than minimum wage? Get educated and get a real job.

>MINIMUM WAGE
>WHICH ISN'T FEDERAL
>AND IS 7.25 IN MY STATE
wtf are you talking about? that is the federal minimum wage

>cooking the food being the only "real job"

your ignorance is staggering and genuinely offensive
I would think you were trying to troll someone, but it's an attitude so many americans seem to have

the chef works for 10-12 hours a day, sometimes with no breaks
the waiters work 8-14 hours a day, usually with no break
the cleaners work 3-4 hours a day, if the wait staff arn't expected to clean
the dishwasher works 6-8 hours (length of service+1-2), if the chefs don't do dishes, the dishwasher never gets breaks

why should any of these people come home unable to pay their bills because "customers didn't give me enough money today"?

it's a system where the only winners are the wealthy
the chef has to be an apprentice, do the work that the wealthy employer needs doing, and get paid a quater of what the chef does, but also a third less than the cleaners

the wait staff get one of the lowest wages in the country, often if they get tips it just means their employer pays them less, they have to do personal favours to customers to try to make ends meat. and they are often made responsible for theft by customers and broken dishes (unlike the other staff)

the cleaners get a low wage, start earlier than everyone else (or at the same time as kitchen doing morning prep), they do some of the worst work, and have to work two if not three jobs to get enough hours

and before you have the sheer gall to say "shouldn't have got stuck in those jobs", the reality is that the ecconomy is like a pyramid, there is less room the higher you go up
for every place you rise, another person falls.
if you support that kind of cut throat society you have no right to complain when your waiter fakes your bill, the cleaner steals your wallet, or the chef puts substandard food on your plate
because that's how you rise up

Report it, get a new job. The more people that report it, the better position workers will be in.

do you know what the minimum wage is?
no, seriously
do you actually understand the reasoning and purpose behind it?

Also should point out that there really are no full time serving gigs. No benefits, healthcare ect. Stop raging against the machine and help a fellow human out.

The problem is that there is no way to attack the tip system itself.
Because of the moral dynamics of it and the restaurant industry's protection from government sanction in the matter, cohesion is damn near impossible.

It would take the most charismatic motherfucker to convince enough people with diverging opinions to force a change. But why would this motherfucker bother when that type of charisma could easily land him the oval office or any movie deal.

Not saying it's impossible, it's just not something that can be forced. If anything it will take decades to "grow out" of the idea.

Pool boy analogy was fine, regardless of payrate. It demonstrated the concepts of the system in play. Yes you're right though, I don't think it's fair necessarily that servers make all teh dough while other employees only make minimum. But it's just the last step in the process, and one key component of serving is hospitality and sales. Justify how we may, there are tons of jobs out there that don't pay as much as I think they should, and of course jobs that pay bookoo bucks but require the brains of a goddamn jellyfish to do it.

welcome to america fuck face, our whole country is about cutting people down so we can rise the fuck up. get with it or be cucked.

alphas rise betas swallow

Does not apply to service personnel receiving tips. Get educated, fucker

Jewish Propaganda

Ha, i never tip unless i plan on visiting the place more than once.
One place i always tip is taco bell, for insurance purposes.

dubs of truth

Yes it does apply you stupid bitch. If your tips add up to less than minimum wage your employer has to compensate you up to minimum wage. If your employer tires to avoid this, like most do, do something about it, stop being a bitch.

Get educated fucker.

Dishwasher here.

I get paid $10 base and we all split tips. I make $17 an hour on average because dumb cucks are guilted into tipping. Love it.

Yeah but Betas typically turn out to be Alphas and Alphas turn out to be Betas. It's satirical.

>be me
>waiter
>notice my boss is faking my pay slips, faking my tax, not paying me for hours I worked
>take it up with them
>fired via text the next day
>I am replaced within two days
>check to see what I can do about it
>I can sue, and/or report it to the government
>can't sue because I don't have enough money...because I am a waiter
>report them to the government
>nothing is done, because the number of employers doing this is so large, and the government won't allocate resources to enforcing the rules because they loose important business votes

I think it shouldn't be discussed on Cred Forums because the autism it creates is overwhelming.

I hope you graduate from high school some day.

>starts a business
"hey, how about instead of paying our employees minimum wage, we guilt trip the customers into paying the rest of the servers wage. Then the people who don't tip will be the cheap assholes, not us."

>the restaurant industry's protection from government sanction in the matter

This can be undone though. The federal allowance for this system is a real thing, and not just an understood one. So it can be done and replaced with something that doesn't suck and place the burden on customers. Ya know, like just making them the same as any other business.

Yeah it's pretty awful how unrealistic it is that the tipping system could ever be changed in America. It's so bad and not fair. I don't make much money myself, but if I want to go out every once in a blue moon and get something nice that is already pushing it for me, cost wise, it is total shit that I have to add extra money on top of it because I am guilted into doing so.

>the second part of your post

Yeah it's terrible. But it's part of a much larger system. One I don't know that much about. And the greedy fucks on both the shitty bottom, where I am, and the top, where upper management sits, supports it. The kikes atop the ladder love their big checks for little work, and people where I am at will complain but are quick to take it themselves. I refuse to support this crap, so I am likely stuck at wage slave or, at best, lower lowest tier management. I don't want to be that guy who gets paid well and doesn't do work to warrant it.

Why are you relying on an unskilled labor job that is mostly gratuity based? Why not get another minimum wage job? Don't say it's hard, there are more minimum wage jobs than minimum wage workers, just buckle up.

It's utter bullshit and your shitty "murican" tipping crap has made its way into the Norwegian market and infested it.

I work as a bartender in a small town and I get about 180 NOK an hour. (about 22.5 USD)

The wages in Norway are pretty high, still tipping has such a high infestation rate, purely due to shitheads moving to the states then returning to this country with "new ideas".

The woman I work with is mental when it comes to the tip jar. When I first started (which was 3 months before her), we didn't even have a tip-jar. First of all, because of the wages it's not needed, secondly, the whole point of the "tip" is so lower paid people can get a little extra.

She's been taking extra liberties and has now also added tipping to the register, so before people enter their pin they have to enter the amount.

Why do people accept this in a country where the salaries are almost 10x higher than the US. You even have to pay taxes for the amount you recieve in tips so whats the point, besides. What this cunt has been doing is abusing the tip system. Basically, whenever there were extra in the register, she would take that extra money and put it in the tip jar. (Basically stealing).

How do I know? I've added money to the register without registering it so I knew there should be extra money there, but there never were.

Americans, pl0x keep your shitty muh grubbin culture to yourself. You're worse than Chaos Corruption in Warhammer.

Fucking jews

Sure I'll just lose my job or start working Monday and Tuesday lunch shifts JUST TO MAKE MINIMUM WAGE. You are retarded

People who agree, and people who disagree.
What do you think?
You fishing for either-or logic?

These 'chefs' cook frozen meals from boxes.
You tip at high quality establishments if you have the money and you have the service. Everything else is just petty squabble.

Such bullshit. I hate this world.

>Then the people who don't tip will be the cheap assholes, not us.

Well said! If only more people saw it this way.

If you don't like what you get paid as a server, get a fucking college degree

Or get a skill, stop relying on unskilled labor jobs. I'm glad you make fuck all because you're dumb as shit.

It absolutely does you nigger. Read the fucking fair labor laws.

If your pay AFTER tips does not equal minium wage, your employer must make up the difference. If you're too stupid to confront your boss with that fact I don't feel sorry for you at all.

This

It's sad to know that restaurant workers need to rely on tips in order to make a substantial part of their paycheck. If you work you should be paid an adequate amount and tips should be something extra based on the quality of your work. Tipping is fine if you deserve it, but not if you don't deserve it.

Don't forget the environment. Don't forget the music. Don't forget the cleanliness. Don't forget the quality of service. Don't forget to smile.

Women get paid more because they are sexier, restaurants hire good looking women to become servers for these reasons. You analysts and political figure heads should be shot in the face.

I work in fine dining. I have extensive knowledge about wine and food. I work maybe 30 hours a week and make anywhere from $500-$1000 a week. A real waiter works for the guest, not the restaurant. Being a waiter is like renting a booth in a hair salon. It's pseudo-freelance. The problem is shitty casual restaurants milking you normies out of money. Going out to eat should be reserved for the wealthy.

>not understanding the labour market

more people being qualified doesn't mean there are better jobs

in australia which is a case in point, so many people get degrees that many can't find work at their skill level
we have qualified doctors driving taxis, engineers in warehouses, oceanographers as longshoremen

the reality is that there are only so many better paying jobs, and no matter how many people fight over them that number doesn't usually increase

>there are more minimum wage jobs than minimum wage workers
that is a fundamental error in your logic, there is an unemployment rate, there are more workers than jobs

you don't get the option of choosing which job you work, you take whatever you can

and while it's easy to say "fight harder, rise up", it's naive for a range of reasons

Sure it can be undone, but the government has nothing to gain or lose from it so they won't act on it without pressure from the people, and that's still the main issue. Most people don't give a shit.
The current generation is fond of tearing down old conventions, but there's no strong controversy here, so it won't get the same attention.

Like I said, if it happens it'll be after a some generations where the new batch has no attachment to it at all.

if you will not tip under any circumstances and go to place where tipping is expected, then you need to tell the person expecting the tip as soon as possible that they will not receive a tip.

on the other side though
tips should never be automatically added to the bill
at that point it is a commission, not a tip

Yes people do get paid doing internships. I did a helpdesk internship fall freshman year and was getting paid $13 an hour

>Thoughts on tipping?
well in no particular order

the Americans have ruined it?
10% if they do a good job
why not the chef too?

Only entitled losers get angry when someone doesn't tip. I understand when someone doesn't tip and it doesn't matter to me, because the guests before you left me $80 and the people after you will leave another $50.

Why don't you remind yourself of the shit you didn't know about but then appreciate the server for telling you about. Like that bogo or that kids eat free that had reduced your check, that it is mandated I tell you about, or the way servers manipulate the check to give YOU a cheaper meal, nah nah it's all cool man.

And if everyone had the mindset as the non tipper?

we would start a union, and I'm seriously considering it

but the issues are myriad
employees who are treated fairly don't need a union
employees who are cheated need help
employees who are treated fairly would risk their jobs helping those who arnt, and most just can't afford to loose their jobs

if you are unionized, greedy, thieving bosses will just hire someone who isn't
in fact, if allowed to they will just undercut employee rights with each new group of workers who is more desperate to avoid unemployment
so you have to have secret membership, which is hard

at my old place we had one employee who was paid more than us, with the agreement he be a snitch
how do you stop people like that coming to your meetings?

>Have a skill
>executive chef in the mOst competitive market in the US
>make 120k a year
>actually am knowledgeable about what I'm talking about
>not a neckbeard faggot upset that he has to drop an extra $3 for his big slam breakfast at Denny's

Seriously shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about.
I don't go into incest threads and lament that I never fucked my mom (like some people around here)

I did not post this picture

Then I would find a different job.

As a pizza delivery driver I can tell you that we rely on tips. My overhead is 70 cents per mile and includes fuel and maintenance. I get a 2.50 delivery fee for every delivery plus tips. I do not get an hourly wage.

>Makes 120k a year
>Complains about people not leaving a tip

"the system works"

Funny thread, makes me kek.
I tip for any good service, or tits and a nice ass.
I tip well for great service.
Believe it or not us rich people tip contractors, landscapers, delivery drivers, etc.

Your employer is breaking the law, you probably can't do much about it because everyone else just lets their employer blast them in the ass, if you don't feel like you make enough money, find a different job in the mean time?

That doesn't sound right at all.
You with a chain or a local joint?

>you need to tell the waiter they won't be ttipped

that's a good one

tell me, does that not imply that people who tip get better service?

have you ever waited for too long for food in a restaurant?
have you been unable to get a waiter to take our order or get drinks?

the reason might be that they are too busy helping someone they think will tip more than you :^)

a waiter should provide the same level of service to everyone, tipping undermines that

Honestly don't get your point. I tip really well. You should too. I'm not a server I'm an executive chef. Stop being a Shitty human

And in practice, how often do you think it happens that the employers make up the difference rather than firing the staff to "bad performance"?

And that statement still stands. I would do it personally btw. Tell yourselves I wouldn't if that comforts you.

I don't have that image on my computer and I did not post it.

>contractors

I wouldn't use that as you're using it, because it depends on the level of contracting. Many professional contractors make bank and would probably be insulted or amused by a tip.

Then who'd be serving food?

A bunch of incompetent shits with no other skills. I like making $50k as a 23yo. I go into work at 4 and get out at 10. It's easy as fuck, but not just anyone can get a job at a good restaurant. It's an actual profession. If I got paid $15/hr I'd leave and sell wine or something.

yes
people that tip get more attention from the waiter
their drinks are never empty
the plates and utensils are removed when they're empty
and the order is always 100% correct
and the dishes are placed in front of the person that ordered it
most (not shady) places that have a tipped wait staff only require them to take the order and move the food from the kitchen to the table

why the fuck should the waiter provide the same service for less pay?
if you want the same quality of service as everyone go to a fast food joint
when I want a painting I expect to pay more for a mare skilled painter
when I need parts for my car I expect to pay more for parts that are more durable

Tip, lunch, let their company use the yacht for an outing. All kind of the same right?

>be me
>waiter
>restaurant is packed
>customers are getting impatient, but we can't go any faster
>one table walks out without paying their bill, because we can't take everyones money fast enough
>we have a choice
>A. chase a diner down the road, abandoning the resteraunt, in a hope we can make them pay (knowing we can't physically force them to)
>B. let them leave, knowing that their bill will be taken from our tips; which we rely on

>be me
>barman
>rich customer comes in regularly
>tips a huge amount, but is always horrible to us and rude to other patrons
>this guy is too drunk to serve, and won't leave or catch a cab
>I have a choice
>A. serve this asshole and have money to pay my bills
>B. toss him out and loose the money

>be me
>waiter
>gay men and old women think by tipping me they are entitled to pinch my ass, make lewd comments to me, or break the rules of the resteraunt
>they think that since they pay my wage directly, they own me and that I work directly for them
>I don't take any of it, but I see young women lowering themselves to it in order to make enough money
>they feel used and ashamed, but they need the money badly

THIS

There is no forgiveness to be had.

Thank you

>why the fuck should the waiter provide the same service for less pay?

They shouldn't, but they're not contractors. It's their employers job to pay them, not the customer's to make up for their stealing the waiter's labor.

guccifer2.wordpress.com/

First three lines and this is total bullshit.
Birds remember faces better than waiters and waitresses.

You don't tip well then

>they're not contractors
they're not 3rd party contractors
unless they are slaves, they are contractors
and their contract is to do this
>take the order and move the food from the kitchen to the table
and allow them to accept money from customers for doing more than that

yeah and you aren't that funny

Do you even English, dumbfuck?
Nobody asked how you tip contractors. And I've known contractors that their own yachts and several estates.
It's a broad term that doesn't describe a class of people. It just describes how they accept work.
I can't tell if you're trolling or a self parody.

>Do you even English
gtfo

Excellent gif choice for this topic; MJ is supposed to be notoriously cheap when it comes to tipping.

Good contribution.

that is logical, but there are outcomes you might not be happy with

A. it starts a kind of bidding war, where diners who pay less get worse service
you will be left unattended because a waiter has guessed someone else will pay more

B. it undermines equity in society, more attractive people find work where others are unemployed
people will tip based on race or religion

C. waiters start to expect tips, and a certain amount
they don't just "do their job", because they have to weigh up where they will make the most money
this is where food gets spat in, tables get ignored and patrons are made unwelcome

D. waiters live at the behest of customers, while this is fine for many when you have patrons that are rude, abusive, try to hit on staff etc. they wait staff quickly become powerless to stop this

E. the system becomes chaotic
different diners have differnt expectations, and waiters can't know what people expect
for example some men expect women to be served first, yet some think that is sexist
the waiter could loose a tip either way, and "standards of service" are undermined

these are to some extent part of a much larger "free market" mindset, where americans think it is good and right that everything (including people) is for sale

I hate to break it to you bro, but you're whining like a little bitch instead of bettering yourself

If what you are saying is true, a reputable law firm wouldn't charge a dime until the suit is finished. Then they take their cut of the settlement.
You won't make out rich, but you'll at the very least make your lost wages even AFTER the lawyers take a cut.

IF what you're saying is true, any lawyer will jump on it in a heartbeat because it's a guaranteed win and they won't have to do shit for work.

stfu, gtfo
you aren't welcome here. your humor is shit, your bait is shit, your logic is shit, everything about you is shit. go

Your analogy was shit. Didn't even mention goldfish or trump saying he was smart for avoiding taxes. Check your mirror, friend

/thread

I do tip, but I only go to a select few places, and tip very well. Once you build up that sort of relationship with the people, you'll start to notice your order/delivery gets there quicker, maybe a little something extra thrown in, the service is better, etc. And it has to be a local place, chains don't give you any sort of ROI.

My Chinese delivery guy hooks me up all the time.

says the edgy fuck posting joker wallpapers

>it undermines equity in society
why should there be equality in society?
equality under the law is all that has been promised to us

and for the bidding war
eventually you get to a point of diminishing returns where it is more beneficial to the server to provide decent service to all their tables than to focus exclusively on one table for a once every few months big tip
and on the other side, the service can only get so good, there is a point where a larger tip can literally provide you with no better (legal) service

for the wait staff just taking abuse (especially physical abuse) from customers
see above
medical costs are high enough that unless some one is tipping several hundred dollars it simply is not worth it for the server to allow that to happen

fuck off

waddap orlando

I'm not a newfag but how do I greentext?

Your grammar is shit, and so is your usage of acronyms.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ng79utnURVY

>D. waiters live at the behest of customers, while this is fine for many when you have patrons that are rude, abusive, try to hit on staff etc. they wait staff quickly become powerless to stop this
>implying nontipped employees aren't required to "shut up and take it" from abusive customers
at least with a tipped employee the decision is up to the employee
not the management

>not noticing the > before every greentext

Yeah. You're a newfag

IDK maybe because you realize they are doing their best, same as you without the opportunities you had, and you aren't an awful Shit person that feels like servers are beneath you?

why the fuck are you people here, why the fuck do you even exist? i'll repeat, gtfo

I hate to break it to you, but the legal system doesn't work like that

and it's something I'm actually very familliar with

there are a range of issues that cause what you say (though logical) not to actually take place

1. no money in small cases, if the claim is small a lawyer won't make their money back; and it's not worth your time chasing it in the first place
this means BY DEFAULT a dishonest employers know they can cheat every single person who works for them by a small amount

2. no money in long/complicated cases
if the case involves finer points of the law, it could take a lot of a lawyers time
this means even when the law is clear, people are functionally deprived of their rights because of the increased cost of enforcing them

3. if I don't complain about being under-payed, I loose
if I complain and win, I still loose my job and the lawyers fees
if I complain and loose, I loose my job and all my money
pro tip: people on minimum wage go hungry if the loose

4. how do I find time for a legal case while working a 55 hour week?

you can't rely on our courts to enforce peoples rights because in a capitalist system you only have the rights you can pay for

the blame lies on the law breakers, maybe it's not the systems fault it can't right every wrong; but it's sure as hell not mine

courtesy of the CIA

If you dont tip, you are uncircumcised

Tl; dr already knew you would have saved a response to your nonsense. Good job, neckbeard. You finally got to use that one in one of your internet flamewars. A happy day for you.

nice trips, i'm not reading that crap though

get a real job, hope your kids get raped and killed

>equality under the law is all that has been promised to us
seewe don't even have equality under the law

the issue is that the tipping system is awful for workers, we're stuck between unfair wages and the diminishing returns of chasing tips
that's something nobody should have to put up with, it doesn't have to work that way

customers have to deal with being discriminated against because the poor
I've seen poor people eating out, perhaps the one meal a week they can afford to; and them getting the worst table and poor service because if they can barely pay for their meal they arn't going to be able to afford to tip
when you tip, you do that to those people

and there is still the issue of expectations between guest and server, Ifind it uncomfortable being expected to tip when I eat out; and I also find it uncomfortable to have to expect customers to tip me

This is so true. Im not a server but when I go out, I tip well. Guess what? I get free drinks, hook ups etc. You cheap haters just dont get it.

The only thing I tip is my fedora.

connection errors direct the flow of traffic to specific material posted on Cred Forums

>no kids
>wife is 14 years younger, solid 9/10
>make 120 k as an executive chef
>also didn't bother opening your latest post.

Hope you have an awesome night fapping to traps and not tipping your delivery driver because you're better than them. Tell your mom she failed

management will always pressure girls to be flirty and everyone to be subservient

because the manager makes the money by the orders, regardless of if people tip or not

when you have a fair wage, people know they can go to work every day, do their jobs, go home get paid, and NOT have to deal with rubish from customers

if Iget paid by the hour, I want a well behaved customer
if I get paid tips, I want a tipping customer; regardless of what they do
I end up selling my self respect ever day, letting people talk down to me, abuse me, and I have to put a monetary value on my dignity

no, the best system is a simple one
everyone has a job, they work, their employer pays them

I don't disagree with you, but I gotta point this out.

>pic related

tl;dr
end your useless existence as soon as possible please
the world fucking hates you and your stupidity

I think this is how he sees it

it's just the self serving view of americans, and it keeps their society in constant turmoil

business owners win if they can lower wages
customers win if they can buy staff
staff win if they get higher wages, and can afford not to be bought

Good to see that 16 year old sociopaths are on this thread. Fight the good fight, Cred Forumsro. Please finish your homework first, though.

Idk you but let me help you > coddling
safe spaces,memes, rawr, kek
pronouns - black lives matter - remember WWII
oil, diamonds, who cares, we just want everything handed to us

>three guys stealing money out of the players pockets

Not going to be bothered opening that one either. That's what? Like some metal head or something? You just have stockpiles of images saved for just this moment? GO OUTSIDE SO YOU CAN HAVE REAL OPINIONS ABOUT THE SOCIETY YOU HAVE HIDDEN FROM

stop posting this crap, people don't need others help to see that life is unfair

fucking kill yourself pizza fag

Let's be honest, this guy isn't buying $40 steaks anytime soon.

/thread

not an argument

I have worked at a lot of restaraunts and have seen a server make less than minimum wage over the coarse of a shift very very few times. Most make 3-4 times minimum averaged over a shift at least. Many, but not all by any means, whine when asked to do stuff like clean windows or whipe down chair backs etc, claiming they don't get paid to do that stuff etc.

I personally still tip, but I can understand why someone would decide not to. Decent servers will actually tip the cooks/bussboys when they are performing well. Since it helps them so much. The restaraunt that I work at currently, has none that are decent, they are all whiny bitches who think the world owes them something.

The fug are you even rambling about?

Guarantee you're a fucking baby. Anyone who complains that someone who serves them shit while they're on their ass is "a fucking baby" probably isn't exactly great genetic material. Stop being a fucking pile of human garbage you tool. Hope you're not such a fucking dick when you're not hiding like a coward behind a computer and treat humans with some semblance of decency.

...you fucking dickbag.

Aww, those poor players. Their $10 million dollar salary isn't enough!

>This is what Murgans actually believe

tl;dr
>too long; didn't read

Kill yourself and bury the body.

I work in a tipped position, and I disagree with tipping. I obviously like to get them, but I don't feel entitled to them because I'm not a child or a nigger. Anyone that knows anything about we laws knows that if someone in a tipped position doesn't make their state (or federal) minimum wage with wages and tips combined, the company has to compensate them

This means that servers, at the ABSOLUTE WORST, make minimum wage. At average, they're making 1.5-2x as much as the people in the kitchen that work twice as hard.

Tip delivery dudes if they drive their own cars, because they have to personally pay for increased frequency in maintenance. But servers or delivery dudes driving company cars? Fuck no.

If you disagree, you are either:
A) an entitled teenage faggot.
B) uneducated on wage laws in America.
C) just straight up brainless
D) any combination of the above.

Unless you get really shitty service, there's no reason not to tip. If it's that bad, you should probably speak to a manager. Everyone knows this in advance of going out to eat. That image sums it up well.

Any other response is just some self-loathing 20-something who hates the world and doesn't have 2 nickels together.

I think some of them do
our society is kicking the lowest and most venerable just because it can

we don't fund homeless shelters, then we throw beggars a few dollars and think we're the good guys

we support an education system that invests in people with the aim of producing high earners, not in filling the skills shortages
then to the people who arn't making ends meat we say "you should have been a banker"

we support one of the worst minimum wages in the developed world so we can enjoy cheap service, then we can buy even better service from impoverished workers

nah man, I'm going to fight the system

Fuck yeah user. I second that. Honestly gotten back way more than I paid in tips. So many free drinks, drugs, special treatment, etc.

>it is OK to steal if the victim is richer than you
this is what eurofags actually believe

I used to split tips with kitchen

when I got a job that didn't, I took it out of my own tips

kitchen get a worse wage, but they have more job stability so it's not all bad

the root cause though it that the minimum wage is too low

instead of paying staff more, employers are taxed more

I don't know what the service is like beforehand. I tip based on the service received. If the waitress is bitchy and pushy I'm not leaving a tip (or if I do it will be around 1%). If the service is all around good I'll tip 25-30%.

Oh you know, popular media fillers, inhumane treatment topics, made-up bullshit. Just stuff we will all forget about twenty years from now when some new scandal bullshit and unimaginable shit takes over our attention spans and children's minds. And we'll be too lazy and confused or scared and stupid to do anything about anything.

LIKE SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THINGS THAT VIOLATE YOUR RIGHTS AND GO AGAINST YOUR OWN FREEDOMS, LIKE UNFAIR PAY IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY
ETC.
ETC.
ETC.
I fucking hate you people.

>exploitation isn't as bad as stealing
this is what muricans believe

nobody's reading that crap, and ain't nobody gonna care or remember by tomorrow

>the person being exploited is too stupid to know they're being exploited, so I need to step in and save them from themselves
this is what eurofags actually believe

SPEAROW!! You play Pokemon go too? Oh shit, wait, you don't leave the house

And now to KILL THE PHONE BATTERY UH OH OH NO

Woooooooo hooooooooooo

This guy gets it

>Anyone too cheap to tip good service is a nigger Jew
I waited tables for 5 years and Jews were not bad tippers. Blacks were, granted. White evangelicals (my home state has em) were hands down the worst. Those fuckers would come in groups of 20 and leave literally a dollar. Not a dollar each. A dollar.

So how cool

I read that one, I'll admit.
Still though, kill yourself would you?
Just think about it.

卐卐   卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐   卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐   卐卐
卐卐   卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
       卐卐    卐卐
       卐卐    卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐    卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐    卐卐

Sure smells like pasta to me

would you consider the poor/uneducate/homeless/dissabled to be a well informed and organised group in society?

We should get rid of tips and just raise minimum wage to $12-$15. Problem fucking solved. Make employers acruelly pay their employees.

Not pasta. I work for Jimmy Johns in Missouri, you fag hat. Do some research and you would understand the validity of my claims. I know you dumb as liberals don't know how to do proper research, but all you gotta do is Google "federal tipping wage laws."

How i do dis? Potwasher here btw. I only get $9.fiddy/hr and no tips.

Please tell us the difference.

wtf does organized have to do with whether a person considers himself exploited or not?

>poor uneducated
that is usually why people take tipped jobs
they know that by being tipped they can make 3-5 times more than they would relying on other skills

>homeless
never known a homeless person to be a waiter
but if I have had one, then they seemed to be doing very well considering their position

>disabled
have had a few disabled servers
they took the job bc they didn't want to be stuck in a cubicle all day and this was the only decent paying job they had the ability to perform

it really amazes me how willing libtards are to claim to be helping the poor while constantly removing the lower rungs on the ladder to wealth

exactly, shit isn't hard

organised people can fight for their rights, they form a bloc and loby

business people run councils at every level to push their interests

I'm advocating a shift from low wage+tips to high wage+no tips
the amount people take home doesn't have to change, but the structure does

by relying on tips they are at the mercy of patrons, and even more venerable to discrimination and prejudiced

servers are at a disadvantage because without organization, they can't change the tipping culture or the law
if they simply didn't accept tips it wouldn't change anything

I want to see a system where everyone gets paid a simple, fair wage.

Whoa! Are you the hacker anonamoose? I'm sorry for angering you. *TIPS $5* "m'lady"

I've begun to lose all respect for people that don't agree with a minimum wage increase. Even if you don't think it should be quite as high as $15, thinking it should stay under $8 have obviously never lived on that wage or have any understanding of the extensive complications and impossibilities that wage causes. I'm living on it now trying to get a degree, and if it wasn't for working for a restaurantotal that feeds me daily, I literally would not be able to afford to eat most days. And I do not spend any money on anything but rent, gas, insurance and miscellaneous necessities like toiletries (cheap) and cleaning supplies (the cheapest I can get my hands on). Fuck you, baby boomers, you partook in destroying this economy that you now ridicule us for struggling with. Niggers.

Why do I tip a server? Why should anyone? I will tip a chef not a fucking server. Your job is to carry food on a fucking plate and agree with everything I say. Thats it. Bottom line. Dont pretend like your job is hard because it isnt at all. Anyone can do it. A downsyndrome midget with a bunch of shit in his pants could carry a plate to me and say 'enjoy your meal'.

The problem is the people who actually deserve the tips will be getting shafted from that. Chefs deserve tips because it increases their motivation to create excellent food.

employers have to pay payroll tax on the wages they pay
they don't have to pay payroll tax on tips earned by employees
employers can't afford to pay tipped employees the same and take away their tips
by making it so the money goes from the customer to the employer to the employee you are putting in an extra layer of bureaucracy that takes money from the employee
and there is no reason tipped employees can't unionize
they chose not to because they know they would lose out if they did

and every time the minimum has been raised
the people earning minimum have lost their job
and their duties have been added to those that are now making the new minimum

the proposed $15 federal minimum will make it so that no one under 18 can get a job to save for college or w/e entrance costs for their chosen start of adulthood
when I was 16 I got a job in a carpentry shop making minimum (then $5.15)
I got a good entry level understanding of woodworking and was able to get a part-time job at the same place making ~$8/hr while going to college
that can't happen now
because no one can afford to hire some one with no experience
and that adds an extra barrier to earning a decent wage
people now have to pay for the experience they would have learned earning a shit wage
so how is -$30k/year for a tech school diploma better than making ~$15k/year while learning how to make more?

I used to think it was just ignorance of how the world works that lead people to support an 8$ minimum wage, perhaps they just didn't understand ecconomics

but I found out that it was just greed, people know the system is wrong but just arn't prepared to give up their advantage

and it's so far in the wrong direction, you would think that the greedy would understand that a minimum wage that keeps people in poverty hampers economic growth and fuels unrest int the streets
middle class and upper middle class have been fooled into thinking they are wealthy, people like trump say "support the rich and you will become rich"

our system keeps the majority in poverty, the middle class in debt, and the upper middle class on the payroll

I only tip one place, because they make special orders for me on the fly when I come in - that deserves a tip.
Everyplace else I don't tip.
Suck it up you whiny bitches, trained dogs can fetch things.