Okay so I have a question B...

Okay so I have a question B, I recently started smoking weed and I was wondering if it's a good idea to start using a vaporizer rather than smoking it, I hear it's better for you as well as it gives you a better high per weed you use.

Would appreaciate all yalls opinions and in that case what vape I should buy.

Other urls found in this thread:

seattletimes.com/nation-world/study-says-heavy-marijuana-use-can-damage-short-term-memory/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping with shit.

It's pretty good for conserving weed. If you're going to get a pen style vape.. don't waste your money unless you're willing to spend over $150. Anything under is a waste.

I started with a magic flight box and that was pretty decent. Currently have a volcano and it's crazy good.

Of course do your own research or just look at "best vaporizers" lists.

I vape because it TASTES BETTER than smoking and isn't as DIRTY. I used to ride a bike for transportation and I noticed smoking made heavy breathing painful. Now that I vape, my lungs feel healthier than ever. I can inhale as deeply as I want and there's no sharp pain.

It also conserves weed, but not as well as I thought. I throw away abv because it's gross smelling.

Idk the latest and greatest vapes on the market, but I use an Underdog log vape. It's not portable, but I can get big hits with it.

yes but not that crappy grenco snoop pen in the pic. those are shit.

Just smoke oil, it's a million times better in every way

Sweet, could use more opinions.

How about the quality, is it true you get more high?

Also I'll keep bumping with what ever shit you want.

>not vaping concentrates

it's like you're still living in 2006.

also; if you plan on vaping dry herb, those pens are shit. get a mflb.

It being a better high is very subjective. Ive been a daily stoner for years. I prefer the buzz from actually smoking it, personally. A vape buzz isnt bad, just different. Try it and see what you think.

it can be more potent as you are smoking just trichomes and not all that combusted plant matter

Yeah honestly I just googled and took the first picture I found, I have heard about

It is a different high... but only subtly. It's similar to the high you'd get from concentrates, only it takes you more hits to get there so there isn't that "blast off" feeling (unless you vape a concentrate, which I've done with excellent results).

I use my log vape with a bubbler, btw. I highly recommend water filtration to get the biggest and smoothest hits, and to get the highest off it (imo).

Anyone have any recommendations for an oil pen plan on buying one and its gonna get heavy use.

I highly recommend pic related.

I use this thing for my concentrates every 2hrs at work. It's never failed me. It can seriously produce rig like hits, has an awesome battery life and it's discrete as fuck.

I wouldn't call it "better for you".
I would however call it "less terrible for you".

Dude use your avb for edibles. That's if you haven't vaped your bud dark brown or black..

>smoking weed
>better for you
seattletimes.com/nation-world/study-says-heavy-marijuana-use-can-damage-short-term-memory/

Been vaping and smoking and I've used over 20 different vaping devices from the volcano to the flower mate. Vaping does not give you that foggy high that makes you stupid. You thinking is a lot more clear and this can trick you into thinking you are not as high. I would say give it a try before you buy.

The best way to waste your weed, with the added bonus of making it taste like shit at the same time.

What do you mean by trying it before bying it.

He meant try vaping before you spend $200 on a vaporizer only to realize you don't like it that much. Personally I bought one without trying it first and didn't regret it.

All this shit talking about vaporizers and cancer-rolls and none of you faggot ever speaks up for the most potent version of weed ever, the edibles.

Easy as fuck to make, last multiple hours, intensity is easily controlled by eating and they provide the highest of highs that you can ever reach. Not only that but it gives the best high-vibes as well. You feel it in your entire body in addition to the mind-high.

>2016
>still smoking

Why don't you kys with bleach instead? It ll be quicker at least.

Many vaporizers give you the option to use different temperature settings. This means you can selectively vaporise only the thc (lower temps) which is responsible for the uplifting head feeling as well as the whole spectrum of substances contained in the grass. Also depending on your usage it saves you costs as you get by with far less weed.

as a heavy smoker (1-2g concentrates a day), I feel like edibles just don't get me that stoned.

I purchased some 50mg gummies not too long ago and barely felt the effect of eating 3.

Vape pens suck as, especially for dry. If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck by a dab rig and start smoking concentrates. You'll get high as fuck on very little and it's much easier on the lungs.

No, not at all, especially if you're an everyday smoker.

If you intend to smoke for years to come, you should definitely get a good vaporizer.

I bought a used (from a close friend) analog Volcano years ago after talking to many long time smokers. It has no disappointed.

Volcano is quite expensive, but super durable/efficient/people love it. Old friend says he wishes he would have got it a decade ago, would have saved him a shitload of money.

Only issue is bags can break easily unless you just get super cheap turkey over bags, and I've had one of the buttons break. Just had to order a new one (couple bucks) off the internet.

Also forgot to note, while health and 'taste' are better in a vape, it's not the same and I enjoy actually smoking once in a while.

Just trying to point out that those reasons are very... stoner and meh. Vaping is a different experience, cleaner high and whatnot.

But in the end of the day, it's amazing because it's sooooo much more efficient with the bud.

The mflb costs like $90 though right?

roughly.

if you buy anything else, you will be very disappointed. Every other vape pen is like taking a car lighter to your weed.

>B
kys

Would recommend the flowermate v5.0s as another starter vape to see if you like the high or not. The mflb is awesome but I know of plenty of beginners who had trouble getting technique down.

it's good for conserving weed but the high is slightly different. see if you can try getting high off of a vape a few times first before you drop $100+ into one.

best part is you can reuse your vaped weed either by smoking it again, simmering it into butter for edibles or reselling it like a scumbag.

Op, this man knows. Pens suck. I recently got a mflb. It's great. Just watch out for non approved vendors that sell them for cheaper than $120. If they aren't certified, you can't get the lifetime warranty.

Mflb are bros. If literally anything happens to the vape, they'll replace it.

DO NOT SMOKE
Vaping can be very enjoyable, and it's healthier. Smoking was what people did back in the 1800s, it's 2016 and it's time to upgrade a bit. You can get a 30$ vape that works as well as the 200$ name-brand shit.

Personally, i like dabbing over Vaping. But im asthmatic, so I'm more sensitive than the average person.

I hear that a lot from friends that are also smokers and I ve actually experienced it as well despite not being one, due to a long period (about a year) that I spent smoking with them while transitioning to edibles.

Somehow the high from smoking overshadows the high from edibles not in a "stronger high" kind of way but rather like "blocking the edibles high". I took me at least 3 days of no smoking until I could actually enjoy my edibles, 1 week until I could take the most out of them and about 2-3 until I cleared completely and had it return to the usual levels.

Since you spend 1-2g a day I guess you are not doing much with your time (or your life) so try making a firecracker with as much of these concentrates as you can. Like if you know you are going to spent about 4-5 hours where you won't have to do anything you can make a 0.5g firecracker (google it and try to follow instructions to the T. they are not hard to make but there are a lot of parameters that can affect the end result and lots of things you WILL do wrong by trying to save time). If 0.5 is not enough for you (which especially for concentrates it should be fucking insane high) try 1g.

It works user. Everyone has to admit it edibles work and in fact there are people who are easily as heavy smokers as you if not heavier, that have been scared off edibles exactly because of their potency.

>stray from smoking for a few days
>look how to make firecrackers (don't skip decarb)
>let it rest for a few days while you take your break
>eat it and get ready to be blown away

or if you are an utterfag with no patience like some of my friends
>make 5 firecrackers each 0.5 planned to last you the week
>Don't smoke anything as the week is running (unless you are a cigfag as well, then by all means enjoy cancer)
>Day 1 eat
>Day 2 eat
>Day 3 break
>Day 4 eat
>Day 5 eat
>Day 6 break
>Day 7 eat 1g

i personally think vaping is a faggot hipster trend. but you do whatever tastes/feels better. it's your life, why do you have to ask us?

Don't bother unless you just want to burn some fun money. A reliable water filter is all you need. Either way, you're going to feel exactly the same. A vape is cool but really it's just the same way to do exactly the same shit despite what some hippies may believe. Unless you plan on smoking multiple times everyday, I wouldn't worry about the health benefit as a good water filter will server you fine otherwise.

That MFLB seems complicated, is the DaVinci Ascent a good one?

Here's the honest to god NEGATIVES about vaping. It's super INEFFICIENT.

And I got a Pax which is reportedly one of the more economical vapes. You get maybe 5 hits a g TOPS, on medium settings.... which only get you so high. On high settings you get more like 3 hits, which gets you baked as fuck but out of a 1 hitter you may get 20 hits a g or slightly less in a bowl.

Bowls and one hitter are miles more efficient and if you need your bag to last a while because you're poor, don't vape.

Not to mention vaping does not quite get you as high, it's a cleaner high mind you, but not as strong.

On to the pros of vaping, it's miles healthier on the lungs and it greatly reduces the scent. If scent is a problem because you still live with parents or roommates that don't want you smoking, it might be worth doing.

But I NEVER had so much buyer's remorse as I did for buying a vape. I got it mainly for efficiency (which somehow is the main selling point of vapes) which it DOES NOT HAVE AT ALL. I also got it for stealth (which it does do well, it could pass for a weird inhaler at a distant).

But my bag will be finished 5X quicker in my vape than in my bowl and one hitter and it's simply not worth paying 5X the weed for an equivalent buzz of a one hitter or bowl.

It might be more efficient than bongs, joints, or blunts; but not by much.... but don't let them trick you into thinking it's the most efficient way or you'll be out a couple hundred for a quality vape that never gets used.

That's absolute BS. My log vape (which is a heavy hitter) is more efficient than my titanium one hitter. I've measured it many times to be certain. I can get 5-6 good hits from .15g with my vape, versus 3 maybe 4 with my one hitter. The vape gets me higher, too.

Vaping uses at most half of the bud for me, horrible summation in calling it inefficient

If this is true, your vapes might be miles more efficient than mine. I got a Pax which people advertise as one of the best portable vapes, but I can say definitively that it is not.

About 5 hits a g tops (and the last couple hits aren't doing too much). Really, the only hits that blow your mind are the first couple....

I greatly prefer my one hitter for efficiency and I usually bust out the bowl or smoke a j with company. The Pax is never used.... it's too much trouble (charging it, lubing the mouthpiece, cleaning it, and then the efficiency is just not there).

you know you ve done things wrong when the positives everyone else finds and agrees on are the things you find negative in your experience.

I m not into vaping, but seriously... Everyone else who did it finds it more efficient so either you have been doing it wrong all along or you are a special case and special cases belong to tumblr.

Still... The most efficient way for any good bud 0.2g and above is to make a good edible out of it and then eat at the 2 hours mark, a healthy dose of natural fat (like that of a good stake dinner)

If you get 5 hits a g I feel for you man.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Pax (ie. that it is the 'Apple' of the vaping world), if you get a chance try a serious unit like a desktop vape and see if it's any more efficient.

Definitely agree on the limited use of portable vapes particularly in a group setting though.

Well, it's likely nothing I'm doing wrong, but it may be the vape I have just isn't very good (it's the Pax, it has unparalleled good reviews).

And I suspect a lot of the people bragging about vapor efficiency are people who'd otherwise be smoking blunts, joints, and bongs; which ARE comparatively more inefficient than vapes.

But if you're really interested in efficiency, I still think you can't beat a one hitter. Or an efficient bowl (some are more efficient than others), if you have company or want a bit more.

Yours was either broken or you were using it wrong or the weed you tried it with was very low quality.

One hitters DEFINITELY aren't as efficient as vaping. I smoked out of one hitters for years before switching to vaping, so I'm very familiar with them.

Pax's are decent, and really stepped up the portable vape game when they came out. 5 hits per gram out of a pax is honestly unbelievable.

You'll actually save money in the end if you do

i started smoking again on the weekends and im still using swishers

how does this pen thing work? do you break it down the same and throw it in there? like someone explain this. Im sick of swishers and I hate this little pipe thing i got because i dont have a blow torch lighter

As far as got a defective one, perhaps. But I'm doing it right.

But I like it to really hit so you can actually feel it so I usually use it on high (or sometimes medium). It doesn't get many hits on high.

The hits on low are so light there's just a faint weed taste and doesn't get you very high.

And I know my weed and smoke nothing but the highest dispensary caliber shit, it's not an issue of smoke quality.

OP. I own the Arizer Air and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm smoking it right now.

It's easy to clean, removable battery, great vapor and lifetime warranty. Also, the "mouthpiece" is removable, so you can use any kind you want, wood stems, glass stems, water adaptors.

I had issues with my first one because it stopped heating and something like that. After contacting customer service they replaced it for me in no time.

Currently it's only $170 on their website.

Other than that, go for Firefly2. It's the best out there.

This, I made the mistake of getting a vape pen, broke within a month, unless ur a rich fag, don't bother with vaping

my grasshopper just arrived, best decision ever i highly recommend one

Get a cloutank. Best thing ever if you dont want to carry a bowl. Toss the bud in there, press the button on the pen and inhale the smoke. Not a vaporizer though

Using a vaporizer is much more easier on your lungs since smoking it does get some tar in your lungs. You that shit that gets your bongs and pipes dirty when you don't them after many uses? Yeah that shit gets in your lungs. Of course people who smoke weed smoke way less than those who smoke cigarettes so it won't come out as bad.

>seattletimes.com/nation-world/study-says-heavy-marijuana-use-can-damage-short-term-memory/
Television and the internet cause short term memory loss too, as well as reduced dopamine production.

Pretty much all the negatives of weed can be caused by things people already regularly use every day legally.