I was thinking in join the Foreign Legion, it's a good idea?

I was thinking in join the Foreign Legion, it's a good idea?

Worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.goarmy.com/benefits/additional-incentives/mavni.m.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You browse Cred Forums, you are therefore unfit, dont join

March or die cunt.

Aha! Very funny.

And if the soldier have a problem it they knee, for example? They just leave he alone to die?

you fight for french interests in some nigger riddled shithole

do the math - is it worth it?

*his

Let's put it this way. You become a French citizen after 4 years of service. When you first join, you are given a new identity and your old identity basically stops at the entrance to the facility. As far as the worlds governments are concerned that is the last place user existed. From this point on you are property of the Legion and are subject to their treatment without regard for your life because you are their property. If they can't mold you into a Legionaire, they will kill you trying. It's as simple as that. This is because at this point you aren't a citizen of any country and no one knows you as your new identity. You have no birth certificate, no social security number, no passport. There is a reason the Legion is seen as a last resort.

Have fun!

why not join isis

Don't know. Maybe?

Don't look very good. Another question, can I join the USAF, for example? To be a pilot.

(I not a north american).

Because I not a terrorist? Because I hate Islam?

kill all the sand people for me pls

>French armed forces
Great idea. You'll get to retreat from so many different countries.

This

No

you dont know much about france do you?

*dye

french xD

New identity, French citizenship, connections to become an assassin

Why not?

>implying France has not had a military success or that they are incompetent

Congrats you're a fucking idiot..

no but seriously you should look into their history , ww1 ruined them (probably precisely because they wouldn't surrender) before that, things were very different .

They only take foreign recruits who provide services to the army

Like interpreters (09L)

But if a get a US citzenship?

See >m.goarmy.com/benefits/additional-incentives/mavni.m.html

Do you have absolutely nothing else going for you? If not, then go for it.

See

The legion is pretty hard core. You'll get jungle training, desert training, and I think about 20% of recruits die in combat.
You are guaranteed to see a lot of combat.

They are kind of similar to the US Marines. Strong focus on core loyalty and professionalism.

Kek

based FAMAS. I had the oppy to fire FAMAS. Felt good.

I heard it that they have much status on french society, it's that true?

Yes, connections to go into Private Contracting. FFL looks good on a CV.

As a Canadian of Ukrainian backround, I took a 6 month "vacation" to Europe but was actually in Eastern Ukraine.

Got to watch and help out with kicking out Russians.

One of the funnier/sicker things involved the capture of troops along with interrogation of them.

We got two of them to admit they saw some of the type of SAMs that shot down that plane. They said they got order 3 days later to cover and remove all of them.

What's a FFL and a CV?

really nigga?

>As a Canadian of Ukrainian backround, I took a 6 month "vacation" to Europe but was actually in Eastern Ukraine.
>Got to watch and help out with kicking out Russians.
>One of the funnier/sicker things involved the capture of troops along with interrogation of them.

What is a SAM? You fight on Ukraine? Why?

No, I kidding.

Yeap, it's real.

FFL= French Foreign Legion
CV= a resume (curriculum verite)

FAMAS - the assault rifle of the FFL.

If you are serious about the FFL, watch Bear Gryles try out their basic training and see if you think you would survive. Best of luck.

What does that have to do with ffl?

Go ahead, pretty laid back hot straight guys. No homo.

Ok, thank you. I will watch BG too.

Surface to Air Missile.

I have parents from there plus relatives who live there and we don't want Russia renewing their empire.

I also brought in valuable items to help them out. Stuff you can turn into hard currency in Europe.

If 20% die, 80% survive.

;)

Just join the FML, it has greater possibilities.

I am a retard; the post

FFL is OK but this is a good alternative.

Ukraine pays good money for "trained" help and I am former Canadian Forces with experience in Bosnia. Ukraine has a low birth rate and needs new blood in the country and does give citizenship to those who aid her

You'll see if you're really up for it once you get your ass there.

And if I not?

There will be plenty of chances to chose "civil" and go back home.

Escaping?

The legion does have a high desertion rate but you have to get in first. Trust me, if you don't have what it takes you will most likely quit during the selection process or during training (if you make it to training). And there is also the big chance that you are not even going to make it in and they're going to cut you during selection.

It's going to take a couple of weeks before they decide whether you are going to go trough training or not. And during that time, you can ask to be released or they can end your selection process for whatever reason.

Cut me during selection? Why?

If your heart's in it, go for it. Know a few legionnaires that all speak highly about it. Also if you want to get into military contracting it looks really good on your CV. Been debating joining up after a few years of contracting. Im prior US Army

Most guys don't make it trough the medical examinations, some fail the physical test, some do some stupid shit and break the rules and some are just not fit to join.

Fuckin lost

Every warfaring country has a first line to do the dirty work. For the US, this were the Blackwaters for example (they renamed themselves). Cheap lives you can send in without paying much if they die.

The french use the foreign legion for this.

I have chondromalacia patella but is soft.

At least they have a nice uniform

The FFL is nothing like it was ~50 years ago. You don't lose your identity or other bullshit. The vast majority of recruits are French and few foreign members are even accepted. They do a full background / criminal check and all that shit.

Here's a tip: If you "forget" to mention something, they won't know it's there. For real, the doctors will try to find something so that they can kick you out.

>found the frenchie
leedleleedleleedleleedleleedle

>For real
I know that. Actually, I wanna be a military pilot here in Brazil and last year I past on the o
healthy exams, the problem is that this thing with my knee kinda makes me insecure

thought about it too, but you need to speak french apparently

Actually the majority is asians and latin americans as far I know.

You don't need to. They'll teach you there.

I have to go now but here are some more tips:
You are going to have fill in some paperwork for the doctors... tick the "no" option on everything you can, even if you have to lie about it. (for example head injuries or knee problems - just NO)
Bring cigarettes, take a book with you, have some money on you (you can buy some coffee or soda and if you forget to bring some of the thins you need, you can buy it right there). Get ready to do alot of sitting around and doing nothing. Make friends as soon as you can. Don't take anything personally (accept the fact that you are worthless). Try to convince them that you NEED to join the legion (but have a backup plan ready in case you don't make it in).

Assbang

Meh, a friend of mine joined the legion about 4 years ago.

Yes, they train you hard, you've got the fame of being in such a prestigious branch of the army.

BUT he grew to hate his job as there is no value attached to the soldiers whatsoever, you're a small part of a big machine and don't expect to be treated any good during your time.

Plus, many expect to see combat when in fact unless you have top physical condition and/or previous experience in the army, you get to do very basic job.

My friend blew up in a VAB in Mali for his first ever mission abroad, ended up partially deaf and burned on the chest. He had to protest really loudly to be sent back to France because they kept him in a shitty field hospital because medevacs to Europe are too expensive for those expendables legionnaires.

Long story short: you get to do the dirty work that the army doesn't want to give to the french nationals, like burying dead ennemies in mass graves with front loaders

He is now out, with no regards from the french government, and has big mental disorders to try and live with because they make you do NASTY stuff

also they are going to go trough your personal stuff (phone, laptop, etc.) Either don't bring it or delete anything controversial.

I'm actually a Légionnaire right now. I was an American paratrooper for five years before this and I'm currently stationed in Nîmes with 2nd REI.

The Légion is very different than what I expected and it is very hard for English speakers, especially Americans, to be accepted. There's not a whole lot of information available, even as a Légionnaire but I can tell you right now that there's not a lot of combat anymore for légionnaires. The western world has really pulled back from warfare and as tough as the Légion is, it is under the control of the French government, which is controlled by the French civilian population.

The Légion is excellent though to put on a resume for cprivate contracting afterward and that's a six figure job if you can get it.

bump

Where are you from, can you not join your own military? Foreign legion isn't as easy to join as it used to be and they get shit ass assignments.

Thank you for the reply. But what is a VAB?

I deduce that is some kind of armored vehicle for transport, but...

>and it is very hard for English speakers, especially Americans, to be accepted

I am a portuguese speaker. French is not so difficult for me.

VAB stands for Véhicule de l'Avant Blindé, yes it's some kind of armoured transport vehicle.

Anyway OP follow your guts, it can clearly teach you some good lessons, but you do come out as a different person.

As my friend says: "if you're a sheep and somehow they let you in, you come out a wolf"

I am from Brazil. Yes, I can join the military here. Actually, this year I made the test to join in the brazilian military academy, but I didn't prepare myself and don't know if I going to pass.

Plus, the brazilian army do not receive many investments and don't have any war to fight.

nice meme bro now get back to 9fag

If you can join your own country's army and not have to fight, you're doing very well. You should really try to join a branch of the Brazilian armed forces for whatever benefits they offer, maybe try to make a career out of it if you find you like it, as from what I can tell your country is getting more economically (and therefore soon militarily) important every year.

Fighting for another nation or abandoning your nation of birth will mean you're always looked on with suspicion, and getting shot at is really an over-rated experience, COD is not real life and there are no re-spawns.

>can tell your country is getting more economically (and therefore soon militarily) important every year

Yeap. There is a plan to reequip the army, build a nuclear submarine adn stuff.

Actually I wanna join the Brazilian Air Force but next year it's my last chance.

schwink! you just got hit by a shuriken! send this to 5 friends or get diced!
卐卐   卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐   卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐   卐卐
卐卐   卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
       卐卐    卐卐
       卐卐    卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐    卐卐
卐卐卐卐卐卐    卐卐

As far as culturally. English speakers tend to not last as long. They quit or desert within the first 18 months.

from what I've been told it's due to eastern-european caporal and sergents who take a great pride in maintaining their well-known culture of violence and have a soft spot for english speakers and french natives, known as Gaulois

That's a good plan, I'm sure the Brazilian navy would be a good bet too as long as you don't mind being on a ship, with all the increased shipping coming in and out of your country I'm sure the Navy will expand a bit soon. Either way good luck and godspeed user!

Friend of mine joined the FFL after getting kicked out of the British army.

First he changed his name on Facebook and told me that was his new name and he was given a new identity. Then he would regularly upload photos of either himself or others having fist fights, and pics of his face beat to shit.

Then he disappeared and havent heard from him since.

The navy exam here is more diffult than others. Military tests here in Brazil are pretty difficult, officials of the brazilian armed forces are nerds ;)

But I wanna to be a fighter pilot.

He died?

sperm

I don't want to burst your bubble, but you mentioned you had knee problems earlier. If that's so you're likely not going to qualify physically to be a pilot, as their bodies may have to withstand sustained forces of multiple gees during aerial maneuvers, it's possible you may end up flying other aircraft though.

I watch a documentary about the FFL yesterday and it said that they try to do a coup d'etat

Well at least, he would be alive. Even if France surrendered, they still are independant. Maybe it's smarter than you think

>20% die in combat
>Guaranteed a lot of combat

I've joined the Legion for 4 years after I finished college, the only combat I got was a firefight from a distance with some niggers in Mali, 5 dead on their side and none on ours. Honestly it's not all that dangerous since you'll always be up against inferior forces. The biggest danger is if an incompetent officer leads you onto shit terrain and gets you killed.

I trying to deal with this problem and solve it. I will not give up only because of this.

I already made 4 attempts to join, last year I pass the exam and was dismiss on the psychological (one of the attentions tests). This year I was nervous and don't pass the exam, next year is the final attemp.

The doctor recommend to strengthen the muscles of the leg. I don't know if crondomalhacia has a cure but I have to try.

Is true that they have a lot of status on French society?

That really depends. Most people treated us with respect since they had an idea of the bullshit we have to put up with and they knew we are volountairly fighting for them, but then quite a few people saw us as foreign thugs, not much better than mercenaries and don't show much respect.

>That really depends. Most people treated us with respect since they had an idea of the bullshit we have to put up with and they knew we are volountairly fighting for them, but then quite a few people saw us as foreign thugs, not much better than mercenaries and don't show much respect.

The majority of French man appers to be very emasculated. I thought that you did a lot of sucess with french women.

Rs.

>Respect
>From the French
No amount of service will ever earn you this.

You're right, a better way of saying it would be "courtesy"

does that say "A Global Force for Cock" on her hat?
I think it does...

Why french people are so arrogant?

I am descended from French and German but don't like very much the french people.

(Despite the fact I was thinking in join the FFL).

Rs.

Why some people don't like the US navy?

Honestly have no idea, you'd figure getting stomped so hard in WW2 would have cured them of their sense of false superiority.

No idea.

I didnt really know his family or anything to ask. Just disappeared from FB and havent seen or heard from him for 4 years.

When the gov mentioned sending a battalion of you guys shit quieted down bofer you even left.

That's the kind of reputation these guys have.

In parades they also wear a white apron and carry a butchers knife instead of a gun.

Foreign legion is cool as fuck.

>shit quieted down bofer you even left

What does this mean? The are the last to leave?

Matricule ? Quel unité ?

You are from the FFL too? (I not the quoted).

Nah, boko haram started kicking shit around.

President announced they were sending one batalion in cooperation with Belgium who did the transport

A lot of nigs laid down arms and ran before the legion even arived because of their reputation of fucking your shit up

Only from retard, and from nobility.

Most people either don't care or laugh at them

Of course not. But faking being from FFL is like stolen valor in France.

FFL and some supporting ground troops from other nations would be all you need to get rid of IS.

19 y/o here, should i join them?

You had best be in top condition when you arrive. They will tear you apart physically and mentally and then rebuild you. Do not complain. Hide any weakness. Understand that you are there to fight and die, nothing else. Learn French. All commands are given in French. They will beat you until you understand. If you try to run, they will catch you and throw you in prison or kill you in training as a warning to others.

You're on Cred Forums

you wont have a chance

They also play old SS songs while you sleep cause you have to learn them for marching.

Cause agter the war a lot of them escaped into the legion. The SS songs became part of the legions culture.