Anyone with fight experience on Cred Forums?

Anyone with fight experience on Cred Forums?

What's your opinion on training in a disciplined manner vs just being a cunt with a lot of experience who just knows how to hurt other people? There's often different opinion on whether actually training a technique will give you an advantage over people who are "trained in the streets" if that makes any sense.

What category do you fall under and what's your take on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D07BhmI-d1g&hd=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i carry a gun

good idea

Doing Muay Thai for some time (red armband). Getting disciplined helps you not get into fights or at least not start them so you're good legally.

I'd choose martial arts experience over street fight experience anytime. Plus there are various styles to knock faggot thugs out (Krav Maga for example).

You been in any street fight?
Muay thai looks like it requires insane fitness

A year ago. Didn't injure him seriously (was in uni, didn't want to go hard) but I didn't get hit almost at all, blocked pretty much everything.

Yeah it does require big amounts of cardio. If you have trouble building that up, try swimming first - it's the best cardio training. Or do both.

Been in a lot of streetfights, no exp in boxing or a useful martial art, but I'd say that it would be a good advantage

Do you workout or play some sport tho?

I'm a logger at the moment, so just physically strong from work

Canadian?

Scottish

Badass. Scottish cities can be rough I heard

Martial arts training always. You learn how to handle yourself when your opponent has the advantage, street thugs crumble when you can handle yourself. I've been in 6 fights, and won 6, that's not a brag, but I was confident in the situation even when they got punches / holds in. Training works. Who would have thought.

What martial art do you train? Why so many people picking fights with you fam?

About 1 year traditional jiu jitsu would definately recommend it if you can find a good dojo

Don't think it's any worse than any other city, I've only witnessed 2 stabbings, been assaulted for no reason about 7 times, as big guy, that seems to be pretty average here but it's getting better there is more police now who actually stop shit from escalating.

I'm older now. 6 isn't that many. I'm not a mean shit, but I don't take any shit from drink fucks either. It's usually outside the kebab shop and they are trying to look hard for the girls. Plus I don't look naturally tough.

boxerfag here.
discipline will beat most retards in a fight..
although if they ever got me to the ground i'd be done for

plus being able to throw proper punches.
most people flail or throw wild haymakers very easy to counter/beat to the punch

Were those assaults just random sucker punches?

Boxing takes a lot of flack for some reason. But it works. You can't hit a boxer. And the boxer will knock you right the fuck out. That's the fighting style. Maybe it doesn't stand up to other martial arts in some ways because you don't kick and grapple on the ground, but in a street fight the boxer wins every time.

Isn't the boxing scene full of idiots who have no respect for the sport? Like you need to be careful when picking a gym because some of them are just gangs in disguise

No, groups of lads, ganging up and taking you down kicking you in the head and jumping on you. Had root canal 4 times , to remove dead nerves from head butts

Training, absolutely. You will sink to the lowest level of your training in a fight. A fit boxer or kickboxer with a strong grappling skill set will defeat most untrained thugs one on one, even multiple opponents if weapons aren't involved. Taking a few punches during training, and working out your neck muscles, will help you rebound from taking a hit, and help prevent you getting knocked out by a punch.

Most respected martial arts taught by serious schools will help you, as long as you put in the work to succeed. You must train every day for years to be considered even marginally proficient. But remember that hesitation and surprise is what loses most fights: he who hits first, most, and hardest usually wins.

fucking hell
they just picked you randomly? whats your height and weight, i assume your much bigger than those cunts

>i was 'the drug dealer' in high school. had a lot of friends.
>grew up in suburbia midwest so not-a-thug.jpg
>never been in a fight before
>senior year smokin' reefer in a full car sittin in the back seat
>kid in bitch starts going full retard
>make fun of him
>kid flips out and straight starts tryn to choke me
>grab him by the face and thro him out the moving vehicle
>as we pull away he's screaming he's 'gonna beat my ass after school'
>i show up after classes to the designated park, there's already a crowd
>we put up fists
>johnny football (my best customer) walks up behind that kid
>'don't worry user, i got this'
>lays him out with one punch, kid went to the hospital unconscious

only fight i ever been in and i didn't have to fight to send him to the hospital.

>i carry a gun
Faggot.

Being outnumbered must be frightening even for an experienced fighter

Disciplined training teaches you how to not get in a fight, which is more important.

You'll learn to survive the fights if you're lucky. Street or School, training won't mean much the first few times unless the other guy is as green as you are.

Don't live with a mentality of being willing to fight. Be able, be ready, but never be willing.

I never took any lessons in fighting, but I am a very good wrestler.

It doesn't help much, but nobody is gonna take you to the ground, and if they try, and you know how to wrestle, you can get on top and knock them the fuck out. Things like jiu-jitsu are shitty in a fight, jiu-jitsu was designed to put armored opponents in submission, not fast street thugs.

I trained in judo growing up and then kick boxing when i was 16 until 23 or so. Was only in 2 non sanctioned fights. Two against me and then one on one.

Yeah, it was pretty random, I mean I've grown up with this shit since primary school so like 8 y/o upwards, fighting is just kinda a thing that happens, im not particularly tall only 6,2 but bulky weigh around 100 kilos, but yeah I'd either be heavier or taller than them, I'm fuckin strong so it makes me a "challenge" for these cunts

Hey OP, I spent some time in the army (equivalent to 11B) and also as a bouncer after leaving.

I can say this: training pays for itself. You can be a tough cunt, but if you don't know how to throw or take a punch, it's gonna be over fast.

In my experience as a club bouncer, knowing some basic stuff is good - chokeholds, joint manipulation, that sort of thing. I never really studied Jiu Jitsu, but from my experience around guys who have (and have used it in violent confrontation) it seemed pretty good one-on-one. If you're in a streetfight/barfight and try and pull guard or choke a dude out, you're gonna get monkeystomped.

For my money karate, kickboxing, boxing or wrestling would serve anyone well. Best choice is always to walk away, but if that option is off the table, knowing how to end a fight quickly through maximum violence is really, really handy, especially against people who have no idea how to fight, or are drunk as fuck.

Real life experience is better than training.

Training is better than nothing.

Training backed up by real life experience is superior to all.

I grew up in a rough area, so I got quite a bit of experience. A lot of these comments state something along the lines of "*insert training here* is great. They will KO bitches"

1) Most real fights will NOT end in a KO. Unless a cheap shot is thrown, or one is a pussy, 90% of fights will just end with someone breaking it up or one of the participants tucking tail

2) Of course training will make you a better fighter. There is a certain amount of natural gift for reaction speed, but for the most part, you have to practice to get good. I did know people who threw down on a daily/weekly basis who NEVER won a fight. I've also seen someone who kicked ass... I've seen someone who never fought hold his own. (wasn't great, but did well enough)

3) Fighting is a good way to blow off steam, but if you are picking fights just to fight... you are probably a piece of shit. Sparing and bare knuckle can be fun as sport, but don't be a cunt. Get some friends who enjoy doing it, not dunk cunts who get their faces pounded on the weekends. (or hood rats, fuck those scum)

Well I know everything is a setup
That being said
Fighting is basically a activity
Like a sport
It involves predictable variables that can be planned for and anticipated.

The biggest hurddle for most Joe schmoe is getting over the fear of hitting people or being hit

Fear clouds your judgment causing anger
Anger leads to hate
These can be relatively toxic emotions if unmanaged

You might do dumb shit
Get yourself fucked off

But education vs no education
Better to have and not need

>Two against me and then one on one.
how did those go user?

did you ever have to use hand to hand combat in the army?

my rules (not that experienced):

1. every fight you dont have to fight is an fight you won
2. if you fight, then expect to hurt or kill him (even if you dont want)
3. if you have weapons dont show the other before he can feel it
4. always expect the enemy has an weapon

Is the Euro fag mad he can't have a gun?

Killing someone is a bad idea

>>Two against me and then one on one.
>how did those go user?
The two on me wasn't great. I wish i could say i whooped ass but i was really beat too. I just made them rethink what they were getting into. It happened really fast.
The one on one was some fucker picking me out of a party because i I'm tall, only 6'2, but he felt that i should be sized up, took him down fairly quick without really punching him much. I didn't enjoy either fight.

>Is the Euro fag mad he can't have a gun?
I'm American. I just feel that if both sides can go home when guns aren't involved. Guns tend to complicate things.

Damn what was the 2vs1 about? You knew the fuckers?

>Damn what was the 2vs1 about? You knew the fuckers?
I did, which is the fucked up part. I had a job and they didn't, wanted my cash.

til i slam you on your head and break your arm with a kimura

i think learning how to properly throw a punch so you don't throw yourself off balance/can throw another afterward is fairly important.

Just rememeber in a fight, you're most likely going to be hit, just try and make sure yours count more than theirs.
pic related, one with bluehead gear.

thats beyond fucked up, i assume they took you by surprise, had both of them punching and kicking at the same time?

and we come full circle to the root of the problem

why are you getting in fights in the first place ya dickhead?

Sometimes you're pulled into them

so you just let people talk shit to you and sit there?

>thats beyond fucked up, i assume they took you by surprise, had both of them punching and kicking at the same time?
Luckily no, they came in one at a time first then when i was properly caught off guard the other jumped in. I was sticker punched by the dude i was closest with then the other fuck ass waited and punched me in the back of the head.
I moved away after that to asses what actually happened. Figured it out pretty quick seeing that they were coming at me again. So i hunkered down and kicked the living shit out of the one that came close enough in the ribs and then went after my "friend". I really just wanted to get away. I had no interest in street fighting.

No homo but why are martial artists so aesthetic? Pic related is a friend of mine who trains Judo.

Truth be told he does seem to be the target of tough cunts trying to prove themselves way too often

When you're a real-life adult, yes.

Talking shit is pathetic. Street fighting is more pathetic.

The wolf does not concern itself with the sheep. Be the wolf, nigga.

Be the wolf...

>and we come full circle to the root of the problem

>why are you getting in fights in the first place ya dickhead?
Like the user said before me, you sometimes get pulled into them. I don't start fights. I try not to finish them either.

>
>When you're a real-life adult, yes.

>Talking shit is pathetic. Street fighting is more pathetic.

>The wolf does not concern itself with the sheep. Be the wolf, nigga.

>Be the wolf...
But when the sheep puts hands on the wolf, the wolf fights back.

sorry bro someone runs their mouth to me trying to piss me off ima break his face maybe its cuz i went to a school with mostly mexicans and got fucked with all day

jiu-jitsu/muay thai fag here
technique will always win.

angry dudes with "street fight" experience rarely last long in the cage
Of course it's different outside the cage, but not that much different.

Wolves don't fight sheep. They eat kill and eat them.

Not for pride or respect, either.

What belt in bjj? Do you compete?

>
>Wolves don't fight sheep. They eat kill and eat them.

>Not for pride or respect, either.
Yea... OK...

/thread

ITT: everyone's watched too many action movies

honestly bjj is the best even if they have dominant position on the ground you just snap some shit or choke them

Been in about a dozen fights. I've been KO'd twice. Knocked out 4 cunts, one with permanent brain damage, the rest were just scuffles. Been in jail three times for a total of 6 years. Most of my fights happened in there.
>tfw can't own a gun

Purple belt, and no, I may start though. I have thought about it

What were you in jail for?
Is it true you get swole af in there because of the food and time to workout?

I had an argument with some bogan faggot in high school.
>meet me after school by the bike racks, m8!
I say ok, no wuckers.

That afternoon, as I'm putting my bag down at home
>oshit.jpg
I forgot.

Turn up next day, faggot comes up talking shit, saying I'm too scared.
Cool as a cucumber I offer to reschedule and apologies for missing our previous appointment.
My confidence puts him right off.
He chickens out.

Congrats man, purple belt is hard to achieve. What's the bjj community like? You all got each others back?

Apologize*

Anyone ever get into a fight and think "I should stick my thumbs in their eyes and hold on"
I feel like this is the fastest way to get it over with.

To be like that, you're not feeling in control and likely losing the fight.
Unless it's a life or death kinda situation, of course.

For almost everyone on the planet martial arts is a complete waste of time. If you're not planning on becoming a professional fighter don't bother picking up MA. for most of the fights you'll face in life all you really need to know how to do is strike effectively. This sort of thing you can pick up quickly and easily from an introductory class in boxing.

Most people never learn about the power pocket or how to operate effectively within that zone. There hand speed is crap. They have no form, no balance and no basis for anything. If you can throw a decent jab, hook and cross without losing your balance you can beat up most people.

Aggravated assault and destruction of property. The food is shit and the county intentionally feeds inmates food with lower protein for the sole purpose of preventing inmates from hulking out. If they see you doing pushups/pull ups in the cell they will tell you to stop or they'll put you in a chicken wing and and your arm. But people still work out. Exercise in the yard is fine tho.

Snap your arm*

*their

Thanks, and definitely, the gym I go to is small, so we all know each other pretty well. At least the people that stay around.

>Aggravated assault and destruction of property.
Gang related?
What were the fights in there like dude?

All u really need is some aikido

apparently theres a lot of rivalry between some bjj gyms dont know how much of that is true tho

Yea but you can get choked out once you grapple i think boxing become useless that why i think peole should learn some form of striking grappling and ground

What weight class you wrestle? I go 138 @ NY PSAL.

wouldn't know much about that.
anytime I meet someone that can roll, we instantly become friends

184 NCAA

Not in a gang. Almost all fights are race related. When I first got in one of my cellies took my snickers bar from my bunk while I was away. Had to fight him right then and there.

I currently have 10 years of MMA training under my belt, but studio work is way different than a real fight. To be fully prepared you need training and street fight experience.

>Sunday school
>About 6 years ago
>I was in 7th grade, the kid i got into a fight with was in 9th, home schooled both of us so we liked to jerk ourselves off about that.
>this fucker
>literally manlet, 5'2 or someshit 100lbs.
> walks up to me 30minute before Sunday school ended, with his possy of like 5 kids in the 6th grade.
> he starts talking shit, i walk off with my friend who happened to go to my homeschool.
> Fucker follows us into parking lot, starts talking shit about me/my mom and random shit. Being a dick.
> i had enough and pushed him.
> He went for a swing i jumped back, kicked him in the chest and threw him against a small hood less car, it was dark so i didn't clearly see but i think it was green.
> Next thing i know some dude pulls me off him as i started to wail, throwing my 150lb 6'1 body onto him.
> Faggot usher walks up asking me what was going on and calling over the other faggot ushers,
> They ask me "Ey Ti schto ze teke?" (Russian church, "Hey you, what is this?")
> i reply "On nazval moyu matera shulaha." ("He called my mother a whore.")
> usher steps back, looks at the other kid.
> Tells me to go back to the church and wait for my parents.
> oh my god this fucker got chewed out so hard and i didnt even get blamed for shit.
> i got my ass beat cause he ripped 2 buttons off my shirt, that was about it.
>Fucking golden.

>coming at a boxer's neck
I will check hook your face into next week.

youtube.com/watch?v=D07BhmI-d1g&hd=1

you have much street experience?

nice

Well, I mean, bigger guys always would try to mess around with me and fight me in middle/high school, so that would be my first move.
I'm fairly skinny (115 lbs) so I'd need to fight dirty just to avoid the ER.

That shit happened to my uncle two week ago i think it work because my uncle got his ass handed to him to a guy that weigh about 100 pound soaking wet

fuck ya if it was a three musketeers i woulda said fuck it but a snickers?

No not at all, I like to stay out of trouble. But if some guy starts harassing me I think I'd have a handle on it. Also people don't mess with me on account that I'm 6'3 and 230 pounds.

state?

That doesn't make boxing useless, that just means you need to augment it with other skills for effective street fighting. If it doesn't come to grappling, it's one of the most useful skills. But that's all its good for. Combine it with jujitsu and kickboxing (or another style that uses practical kicks) to cover all your bases.

only twats who dont really like to fight start shit over nothing so just done be a cunt and you're all good

>had a robber climb in my window and try to stab me to death in my sleep
>fucker put his knees on my back and started stabbing
>was able to reach back and grab him by the collar, pull him down and put a thumb in the eye with my other hand
>shit saved my life

A thumb to the eye is really fucking easy to do in the right situations. Ever since then if I end up in a grapple situation I always go to the eyes because no one ever expects you to do something so brutal.

in a real fight kicks are usually shit

CO

A roundhouse to the jaw can usually end a fight, but it takes longer than a punch.

trips of truth
but i would just bite your thumbs off

>Almost all fights are race related
>gives an example of a fight that took place over a candy bar

Haha. Well all jokes aside people will fuck with you to see how much they can get away with. If you show any sign of fear or weakness you're gonna have a long sentence. Other than that I had to participate in several pedophile beatings. Once a nigger smacked his lips at me. I didn't do anything til people started talking about it. Next day I sucker punched him.

Key word almost dumbass

A real, live nigger faggot

were the times you got knocked out inside jail or out?

Nice dubs.
I mean, don't start fights, but if someone with a significant advantage is gonna pick on you, fight dirty.
Nice Trips.

but non niggers usually like to take you down and beat your face in in a real fight aand with all your rage kicks lead to bad things

I got dubs! On a post regarding dubs and trips!
Damn I'm lucky.

niggers sucker punch nigger

Definitely true, but if you are a good distance back from your attacker and you're fast, it's devastating

Usually, but that's why you need low, practical kicks, and not that taekwando shit. As long as they're fast and low, they can really unbalance an inexperienced fighter. And if you can fight left or right handed, you can just use the kick to switch your stance instead of pulling your leg back afterwards.

Both outside of jail

i got the dubs and to be honest just throat punch the faggot throat punches work and no one expects them

That's true, you sound like you have MMA experience. Do you?

you ever lost a fight in jail or had weapons used on you?

I didn't care and in there it doest really matter

Here son. Take Krav Maga for stand up combat, no bullshit. Take BJJ for ground. Krav Maga you can't really compete up on, but just go against your buddies who have boxing and take them standing , but you're on a disadvantage when a lot of options are out from you what to use. If that's bad, go to a taekwondo dojo and just beat them all up, done that when rules are out just take them down to mat and ground and pound or make em tap out.

some that is trained in something like jiu jitsu will win a fight most of the time....if someone is both big and fast though they can win with raw strength

Haha if you knew what I was doing maybe. Action beats reaction every time. It's actually really, really easy to place the palm of your hand on a persons face and by the feeling know where their eyes are even without being able to look at what you're doing. That's what I had to do when I was getting stabbed, reach over my head while being pinned on my stomach to find his face.

Once I knew where to attack it took almost no time to wedge my thumb between his eye and socket and squeeze the ever looking shit out of it.To this day it was the single most effective attack I think I've ever done to a living being. He crumbled into a shrieking mess instantly.

I got my ass whooped but I wouldn't consider it a loss. Never got stabbed but plenty of other people did.

>I got my ass whooped but I wouldn't consider it a loss.
story?

What it comes down to is, you need training (as long as it's not tae kwon do. That fighting style is just flashy and unwieldy in general)

just a leg kick that "accidently" hits the knee will disorientate them enough to get some good shit in if not break their knee just dont throw too many if they catch on they'll catch you coming in easily

>usually
That's why I limit all my kicks to the opponent's legs

Yea unless they have to fight more than one person in which case they get fuck easy

Did he go blind?
Did he suffer long term consequences as a result of the injury?

Do you not physics? Reaction is faster than action.

Two woods tried to jump me because I wouldn't get their stupid ass tattoo. I was getting out in a month and not about to put some shit ink in my body and probably get hepatitus. I didn't get massacred which I consider an accomplishment given I was outnumbered.

Just a boxer, but I'm from a shit town in Florida where people have nothing better to do than to fight. My coach showed me a little bit of grappling and MMA stuff, but only to keep me from getting fucked up if it came to grappling.

Guessing you're in Broward County

are you white?

More people die from bare hands and knives than guns. US statistical fact.

Tough guys eh?

Name one other skill you honestly believe you'd be better off figuring out on your own than accepting training from someone who already knows how?

i dont stab people but i do know once i saw your fingers going towards my eyes id grab your arm and chow down much less with back mount

So I've been around. I trained a little boxing, judo and wrestling, like a year or two as a teen and I played handball for a few years; and while easily breaking most locks and such and knowing a knockout punch or two is key to fighting my handballexperience has been more uesfull. I navigate superiorly in a brawl with multiple participants and people tend to go flying if their not to big.

Fought a couple of martialartfags, and theyve gotten their asses kicked, one and all with their silly kicks and whatnot.

The real story, I think, is either you know how or u dont. And if u do know how there are so many factors counting in that training is far down there.... (like mentioned; size, initiative, ruthlessness, ability to take a hit, ability to stay on your feet with guard up even when the lights flicker, etc)

Btw a HA friend who fights the streets more or less professionally told me if I ever have to confront a group his best advice was to badly fuck the first u get ur hands on; preferably break an arm, not only incapacatating one oponent, but the *snap! cracle! pop!* effect striking fear into the hearts of men and especially the typical gang of kids who will do that kind of shit.

I'm not sure how bad I damaged it but it was partially covered in his mug shot two days later and all the capillaries were still busted a couple weeks later when I saw him in court. So at the very least he kept the eye.

Average reaction time is half a second. In that frame you can get hit multiple times.

Painfully white. I mind my own business though, I like having all my teeth, I don't start shit.

Bullshit. Most dangerous encounters have multiple opponents, and all popular ground-fighting (except for Systema and such) locks you onto and into one person, leaving the other person to beat you freely.

Lake county, actually. I guess all of Florida is the same.

Nothing beats actual fight experience. That's not saying a street fighter always beats the trained fighter. Or vice versa. There's no guarantee either way. The best scenario would involve having experience in both of course.

Guys who are really good street fighters usually have been (or are in) prison. A long time friend of mine just finished a 3.5 year sentence and he was always able to hold his own in a fight. However this is what landed him in lock-up and he got his ass kicked a few times before he started to be able to win behind bars. All that said, definitely not the recommended way of learning to fight.

any fights you lost?

This was at night in a room with no lights on. The only illumination came from the street lights filtering through the blinds. Plus dude was busy trying to plunge a knife through the back of my skull (which is actually really hard to do). He never noticed me reach back and grab him by the collar until I had already done it and jerked him down to me. As far as my hand on his face that was no more threatening than any other part of my body that was quickly pressed against his.

He never knew what was happening until it did. It's not like I just reached out with the clear intention of sticking my thumb in his eye.

If you want to defend yourself on the street avoid anything that makes you want to go to the floor, it's unlikely that you'll be attacked by someone that isn't with his buddies, there's not much point snapping his arm on the floor if his friends are stamping on your head.

Avoid the fight if you possibly can, if you absolutely can't then you must do everything you possibly can to stay on your feet, but again try everything you can to avoid a street fight, there is very little upside, you lose you're fucked up, you win you're going to jail.

If you insist on fighting and training for it I suggest boxing, you'll get used to getting hit to the head, that's what you're most likely to face in a street fight plus you'll learn to move without becoming vulnerable.

Tough guy eh?

This

If you think for one second I'm going to take someone to the ground just because it's honorable then you have to be retarded.

I'm 34 years old. I got nothing to prove so I'm not risking a wheelchair or a casket just because some asshole wants to hurt me.

This isn't high school you don't pick fights with people. If you do then your life is forfeited in my eyes.