'no'

and you??????????

i am was being at tanagra when galad ring

'well's full'

'no'

temba arms wide open

this post made me lol

With Darmok's mom. Legs wide open.

I never understood that episode. If they both know what a "wall" is, then why the fuck can't they just talk to one another?

Kek

OP here... honest to fuck, I didnt think there was anyone left on Cred Forums who would get this.

I guess not everyone here is 14 years old and jerking off to facebook.

Although I'm not sure if being as old as I am and still being here is something I should be proud of or not.

Is a big issue in Star Trek. The aliens shouldn't speak English. They should all speak their own languages.

and you guys got both Star Trek and heat is kill
Theres still a little Cred Forums left here

You don't have to be old to enjoy TNG. Younganon here. I just finished watching the whole show this month.

>Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel

Good shit

they reference the universal translator all the time in the show

and a big issue is more or less that all of them are humanoid, and FTL travel

This. I'm 21 and I binge watched it on Netflix with a friend. It was pretty consistent in it's good quality.

user and Cred Forumstard at Cred Forums
before the newfags

>and a big issue is more or less that all of them are humanoid

Season 6, episode 20 "The Chase"

I'm binging it on Netflix, I grew up with TNG (I'm 33) and it despite the dodgy sets and quality of the mak-up early on, I'm still enamoured with it.

That was a good episode, just finished "The Inner Light", where a prob sent out by a now dead civilization puts Picard in one of their peoples shoes to live out until old age.

The feels train hit me hard when they found the flute on the Probe.

hey user, would you want to cuddle and watch tng with me? you can probe my flute... if u want...

you're obviously not a trekkie else you'd know about the universal translator

"Darmok" and "The Inner Light" are by far the best of the series.

>be me
>about 10 years old, caught a few episodes of Voyager but not enough to be a fan or remember anybody's name
>a few years later
>ongoing war between nerd clique in high school
>Star Wars vs Star Trek (of course)
>hadn't watched either
>tried to get into Star Wars, couldn't do it
>never really tried Star Trek
>fast forward to >Be me, 22
>girlfriend was 27, grew up with TNG
>made me watch it
>pic related
>24 now
>love TNG, tried to watch TOS but couldn't get into it
>be 24 now

Am I missing out, having only watched Next Gen and none of the other series?

TNG was the only one I ever got into. Never clicked with Kirk, DS9, Voyager, etc. But I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of TNG at least once. Most episodes several times.

>Am I missing out, having only watched Next Gen and none of the other series?
Yes. The Original Series seems cheesy now, but remember when it was made. Get into that mindset and it's quite good. Deep Space Nine was really good and Voyager was between good and really good with some standout episodes. Lastly Enterprise was a good effort but a little soft--until the final season when it kicked ass (except for the finale which sucked)

>tasha yar
>her body still young
>before the tits fell

I suppose trips don't lie. But I've heard mixed reviews from some of my older friends about DS9. Some loved it, some hated it, most loved most of it but absolutely hated the episodes they didn't love. And I would try to get into Voyager again, but I just cannot stand that klingon bitch.

The translator knows what their word for "wall" is, but it has no meaning to them alone. They have pre-made sentences that they have to use, that reference parts of their legends and myths. They're aliens, they do things wrong.

* hand shakes in face *
OP IS
* turns head to side *
A FAGGOT
* autism fit *

Troi explains that even though they know the meanings of all of the words, they don't know the context in which they are spoken. She says "Juliet, on her balcony" could mean romance, but it would be useless to know the words if you've never read Romeo and Juliet

they speak in metaphor

The thing with DS9 is that it explores the darker side of things--something some people didn't like as the Star Trek universe is supposed to be "enlightened", especially within the Federation. But then you've got the other side that loved the crime and seedy elements finally coming to light

The only thing I can really say as fact is this: it really kicked ass when Sisko shaved his head

Darmock and Jalad at Tenagra. Shaka and the walls fell. Oh fuck it, here is Biebers cock!

Did you know, that is the same actor that played Captain Terrell in TWoK?