10/10 albums cont

10/10 albums cont.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yJn-5hpU94
youtube.com/watch?v=rHRdLnsnWV0
youtube.com/watch?v=0mAXfKnxeAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=0yJn-5hpU94

still haven't listened to this yet. Revisited Take The Curse not long ago and forgot that it's
a pretty damn solid album

Who cares how fast he plays his music has so much soul

There's always one in every thread.

Stevie Ray doesn't have shit on Roy Buchanan.

Black hash mass is sick. Yeah rise of magik is godly

fuck i love meddle so much

Roy has no voice man, Stevie at least knew how to sing

Los ticka toe rest
Might like-a sender doe-ree

I don't listen to soulful guitar for the singing

Ill never not love Time

surprised no one posted tool yet

youtube.com/watch?v=rHRdLnsnWV0

Yep.

And here we are.

Post the first album you ever bought, no matter how great or shitty it is. GO!

idk man stevie has got the respect of BB.King and others that are actual blues artists. Not to mention Buddy Guy plays Rude Mood on Texas flood so that's a +1 in my books dude

Cant believe no one posted this yet.

I'd take Roy and Johnny Winters over Stevie any day of the week

fuck off hippie trash
jam band garbage

Get the fuck out of here

Mr bungle is life

oh fuck yeah. I used to love playing numan covers with friends. nothing like jammng out sweet synth lines on a pro one.

These

Who the hell shoved ignorance up your ass?

You asked for it..

And this

Here comes Aaaaaaaaaaamos

Ok fine you win the blues battle this time around Bruv

Lol, shakedown is garbage. Acceptable answers would be American Beauty or Terrapin Station

Probably my favorite album ever

Left arm gone clean up to the elbow.

What ever helps you sleep at night man

0/10 for creativity. The dude just wrote whatever came to mind. Just cause it was different don't make it creative. Garbage story line in it too

Shakedown helps me sleep because it's a fucking snore of an album

good

Just for the fuck of it

More like the man who sold the world lol bowie newfag

Obvious troll is obvious

Ive serriously listened to this album over 100 times. Its perfect

this album is such an insane trip. all sorts of music on it, something for every mood

No troll, Frank is absolute trash, especially that stupid fucking Maminun shit he did that was just a fucking kick in the balls for good music. Fuck Zappa. Fuck him in the asshole with a big brown dick.

Wut. U haffin a lauf wit me m8?

Not enough psychidelia here

There's no accounting for taste

da fuq ?
yeah right

I'll fight you fggt

i thought the midge ure cover they used in mgsv was the best version of that song. it even sounds like bowie synths from his later albums too.

the whole first thread was this shit...give it a rest

leave

Art is objective. Your stupidity is showing

Great to see you have nothing to say to go against it, so I am right then? Fucking trash artist

This and ride the lightning; dank

What last thread? I literally just showed up man

Okay what is this album? I've seen that cover alot

tyats a killer version, truthfully theyre all good

I suggest you spend less time on the internet, you'll live longer.

Zappa is worshipped by hipsters. I HATE hipsters

Even tho your underdeveloped brain is too feeble to comprehend complex polyrhythms and structures of music that are outside the realm of pop, you should at least admonish Zappa for his crusades against censorship. Every recording artist today owes a debt of gratitude to Frank's efforts

do you know what this thread is about?

Primus version was best

Lol I meant the abum. JK TMWSTW 1970 was good but folk rock Space Oddity was better

See

this is good, but not 10/10

Ok im not even that guy youre arguing with, and i get that zappa doesnt appeal to you. But you gotta admit that watermelon in easter hay is one of the most beautiful songs ever

absolutely. hard to mess up such a great song with even a little bit of talent, and all the well known covers are done by people with heaps of it

another bowie masterpiece. back in action with eno after a long time apart.

you dont know your Bowie friendo

What makes a hipster?

Nah man, I like the before Ziggy shit, as well as a bit of the Serious Moonlight.

I feel like there's a hipster cult around everything in existence musically. they like old shit, so of course some of them find stuff to cling to. I'm not a big fan, but zappa wrote some fun stuff, especially for the time

anything other than Berlin trilogy, scary monsters, and outside is not best bowie. but there's a bowie for everyone, that's just his most visionary work

All you Bowie thumb suckers should listen to more Al Stewart

>Scary Monsters.

Subjective/10

Best Bowie is Stardust Tour and will always be Stardust Tour. My favorite work though would either be the first half of Heroes or maybe Hunky Dory. Low is also quite enjoyable

like everything

that is really bad music. doesn't even hold a candle to bowies worst days in the 90s. I don't know how you'd even put the two names together unironically.

Bowie's best work of the 70's

Best Bowie work is Pinups hands down motherfuckers

Other than they're from the same country and played the same style of music at the same time.

the aladdin sane, hunky dory and startdust stuff is ok, but it always felt like he was just finding his artistic footing in those albums. lodger blew my mind with not only how varied it felt, but how catchy the songs were. low is amazing, and same here with half of heroes.

I've always been more of an eno fan, so I think i'm just drawn to the bowie that had a lot of eno influence in it.

>b
best eno album?

i guess i just ignore all of bowie's dad rock albums and only accept his crazy shit as real bowie

you can't tell me this: youtube.com/watch?v=0mAXfKnxeAo sounds anything like that stewart guy

This thread was ruined by the fucking Zappa fag

Best song writer of the 70's at his finest

Eno influence in a bowie song? What the fuck is an Eno? Roxy? Um sure I guess but the only inspiration bowie took was Elvis.

Fuck off lol

to me it's always been a tie between here come the warm jets, before and after science, and taking tiger mountain. if someone held a gun to my head I'd probably just say here come the warm jets because it has some songs you can jam to and some pensive ones, and I love the raucous guitars and smooth synths

never mind on the synths part, a song I thought was in jets is from tiger mountain

Not particularly no. They're musical styles went in two different directions. But 68-70 they are very similar. While Bowie is the obvious recognized artist Al Stewart is in a similar vein. They grew up in the same area at the same time. They drew from similar experiences in their songwriting

from wikipedia "Low became the first of three collaborations with musician Brian Eno and producer Tony Visconti later termed the "Berlin Trilogy"."

bowie and eno had a huge influence on each other even when not working together. they did the berlin trilogy and worked together on outside.

This thread was ruined by your mom, not taking you as a load to her dome.

Eeeww

This goes out to "all the young dudes" in this thread who don't know shit about David Bowie

>Zappa
>hipsters
I'm fairly certain you don't really know what one of those things are.

That joke is old I almost fell of my dinosaur

yeah, I guess I could see how fans of early bowie could also enjoy stewart. I definitely can't see the appeal though. what I enjoy most about early bowie is the raw emotion of his personable story songs, and all the stewart I listened to just sounded too well produced to have that personal touch to it. I just skimmed whatever was on youtube though, and probably missed the whole picture with him though, just as someone would with bowie if they were to do that.

posting something entirely different now though.

Smgdh.gif

I feel like theres two distinct groups of bowie fans, actually maybe three. there's the pop rock fans, the dad rock fans, and the strange bowie fans. all of them think the others are idiots, and there are very few who love ALL bowie.

Fair enough. This is the definitive Stewart album. Give it a listen if you think of it. I find many similarities in their 70's catalogues.

Are you really wasting your time trying to be smart on Cred Forums? kys if you're so smart you'd be somewhere else trying to make a point. it's obvious I'm not even trying anymore it's just entertainment for me at this point.

you're right, his best work is so icky. please refrain from talking about music if you actually feel that way and if you don't respect eno, a man who has produced albums for some of the most groundbreaking acts throughout music history.

I think most of his music is terribly over appreciated. I like some of it a lot and most of it not at all. I think his best work was behind the board as a producer. Most Bowie fans I know personally try to love all of his music which comes off as trying too hard. But it's all relative

Yep.

K, enjoy yourself then

yeah, that's definitely true with eno about most of his stuff being very boring. I do appreciate that he tried new things and was at least always producing stuff. I was VERY surprised when he released Everything That Happens Will Happen Today with Byrne in 2008. I honestly thought any good music he'd put was already out, and he delivered.

and yeah, liking all bowie is absolutely try hard. I think a lot of his music is very contradictory in taste because he tries to change his style so much. out of everyone I've ever met though, no one has liked 90s pure pop bowie at all, with good reason. it's like 90s gary numan, just a desperate attempt to stay relevant when you've been drained of all your creative juices.

RIP Gram

oops got confused when responding there, ignore eno stuffs.

Rip Paul Kantner & Signe Anderson

>inb4 dipshits say you need drugs to "understand"

Billy Milano is a poet

What's to understand?

Personally, Bottomless Pit is better

Too soon. ;_;

Oh fuck, I used to love Tool, then I turned 12.

>k e k
>e
>k

tell me about it. Tool, Shmool

This ones solid af