Anyone with fight experience on Cred Forums?

Anyone with fight experience on Cred Forums?

What's your opinion on training in a disciplined manner vs just being a cunt with a lot of experience who just knows how to hurt other people? There's often different opinion on whether actually training a technique will give you an advantage over people who are "trained in the streets" if that makes any sense.

What category do you fall under and what's your take on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M7V1eUfccJo
youtube.com/watch?v=iTnswFEMcC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been in plenty of fights.
What I'm gonna say is, being a dandy isn't important. You don't have to know how to do every technique perfectly. What fighting is about is taking your enemy down in the most efficient way possible. Don't waste movements, don't waste time. At the same time, while just being a brute with experience can admittedly take you far, it increases your chances of failure against skilled people who have experience.

Dont rely only on technique, and dont rely only on experience. When you fight, it's important to have balance, both literally and figuratively, because if you don't, you're gonna be knocked flat on your ass.

I'd say, though, that experience is INDEED more valuable than technique, but that doesn't meen technique should be neglected either.

Strike hard, strike fast, and strike smart.

I think most training goes by the wayside in a fight. Just be a brawler.

Do you live in a rough area? What are most your fights related to?

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Duh.

I'm Italian and I grew up in a black neighborhood had to fight every fucking day I was miserable. Won some lost some... but blacks don't fight 1 on 1 when they start losing other blacks jump in. I'm lucky I made it out alive

never been in a fight, but from what ive seen

wrestling and shit wont help, its all about whoever lands better punches and shit. kicks might work if youre good at kicking.

if you try to do some crazy grab, expect to catch some fists

Did you workout or do some sport?

it's the same difference from a thug/gangster criminal with gunfight experience and a soldier with a solid training and missions.
Experience without formal training can help you vs people without experience. But when you fight someone who have the experience and a solid base of training you are doomed.

Napoletano.

the most dangerous thing to a trained soldier is an unpredictable person eager to prove themself

The most experienced streetfighter will be taken down in seconds by a green beret, SAS, spetsnaz or any other special forces. Being well trained and knowing technique is more important than any malformed experience.

Make sure he doesn't have his gang around. Bring your friends as back-up. Don't wait to escalate, throw the first punch. If you can throw dirt in his eye and stab him with a sturdy pen, do it. Aim for the eyes and don't think you're above using your teeth if you can.

If he doesn't know you or can't identify you to police, always carry a knife and stab him. The dirtiest fighter always wins, so make sure you have something to support you in any situation.

I don't live in a rough area anymore, but I used to.
Most of my fights start in self defense. Someone picks on me, underestimates me, and goes as far as to attack me. Now, I prolly seem like a neckbeard for saying this, but people automatically think I'm weak cause I talk slow and focus on my words. When I actually fight them, though, I read their telegraphs and respond accordingly. I'm not afraid to take a few hits, but I'll block or dodge if I can. Most of my decision making in a fight happens in a split second. I'm no wimp either, so my blows actually have alot of impact.

Oh, and in a fight, try to keep grappling to a minimum. I've been able to win every single fight I've been in cause I've been practicing escaping grappling holds since I was 6. Actually going for the grapple takes alot of energy though. If you wanna get someone down on the floor, a good place to aim for is the back of the knee. Headlocks and whatnot are a pain cause if they get reversed, it leaves you open.

He has a point. I'd still say that stuff like loosening your joints and practicing your punches and kicks help in the long run, but stuff like karate doesn't really help all that much. The problem about martial arts is that they're designed to fight other martial artists with.
Closest martial arts to actual fighting that I see, though, are Krav Maga and Silat.

Pffft most special forces do fairly limited hand to hand. Plenty of good fighers could beat them and they would have no chance against a professional fighter.

a takedown can give you an istant ko, but it's a dangerous move if there is more than one guy to deal with, going to the ground is basically suicide vs a bunch of googles

i agree, and i'd add - since im quite small - that training your basic strenght with generic training (squat, push ups etc) helps a lot, but it was quite obvious

everything depends on your aim. are you a nigger who wants to play bossy? neglect both training and experience and buy a gun.
are you interested in how a fight actually works? do serious training
in the street anything goes so an "honest" training might not work too well, but there's nothing 100% sure in any kind of fight

what about the stories of special forces being captured by the enemy?

So you are saying a trained individual with experience is worse than someone with no training that goes forward just by trial and error?

I mean, doesn't matter how good you are at fighting, if you have 15 guys pointing guns at you, you're fucked.
Pretty sure like the Israeli special forces spend years on hand to hand and have grueling, extremely difficult courses. You can't compare learning to fight on a street or even a pro MMA fighter who plays by certain rules, to someone who's pretty much been sculpted into a efficient killing machine.

I'll say one thing. If you are actually looking into fighting as a sport... training, sparring as much as possible and building muscle are essential.
If you are talking self defense purposes only, I'd always focus on basic techniques that utilizes quickness over muscle. 7/10 times you'll be ok in a street fight.

A sure thing to do in a fight is destract them with your hands they will block / dodge. When he starts to expect what you are going to do kick their knee with all your weight.. not with the toe... with the flat of your foot.. like trying to kick in a door, theres no way they will walk away from that. Then while they are trying to recover go full force with your fists. As a slower guy it works quite well all around. But you will probably be sued.

Anyone here with a military or law enforcement background?

I have trained MMA for 3 years and everything in this thread is wrong.

There are basically two types of people in this world: trained and untrained. Anyone who has trained in boxing, wrestling, muay thai, brazillian jiu jitsu, sambo, or judo has a tremendous advantage in any sort of street altercation involving a single opponent, and will (in most cases) come out on top. There is no martial art in the world that will give you the ability to fight two or more people. There is no martial are that will stop you from getting shot from across the room.

Lol you really think they are going to spend literally years on hand to hand combat in modern times?
And they are trained to kill with weapons.
I have read many biographies of special forces soldiers saying themselves they either have been beaten or would have if a friend didn't help them in street fights.

And a professional fighter has rules yes, but it's not like they would stick to those rules in a life and death situation.

I watch COPS. that count?

no, thats not what i was getting at

do you compete in mma also?

>get roll of pennies or bic lighter
>Grasp it as hard as you can in fist
> punch person in face
>there jaw and nose break
>your hand will be broken
>get street name scorpian
>be white kid who hangs with thugs
>get that juicy black pussy
True story.

A fight isn't some choreographed action scene where every move is predetermined. Feinting and conditioning your opponent are good techniques but your advice is so specific. It's almost impossible to pull something like that off in a real fight.

i'm mostly untrained. mma fighters are faggots. had one guy tell me he was going to "take me to knee town" wtf? he fell down like a bitch from a telegraphed right hook. bitches i say. bitches.

You sound like you know what's up. I used to wrestle from 7th grade all the way through high school. You are so right when you have some basic training in some sort of fighting style. You have the advantage in most fights as the common individual is untrained. Unless they have a weapon.

>You can't compare learning to fight on a street or even a pro MMA fighter who plays by certain rules, to someone who's pretty much been sculpted into a efficient killing machine.

This is the most bullshit statement I have ever read. Military training doesn't give you some sort of special killing power or deadliness. A trained fighter who fights every day would beat a soldier every time.

what weight class did you wrestle in?

I am a retired Marine who has a black belt red tab in MCMAP.

Yes, training can make a huge difference and in normal fights it can make the fight very one sided. That being said, a hit is a hit and training won't keep you from feeling that hit.

When I was training grey belts I would tell them about NED. For someone who isn't trained in martial arts NED is their best friend. NED is Nose, Eyes, Dick. The three areas that are usually easily accessible and can cause enough pain to render your opponent to further attack.

MCMAP isn't an MMO martial art though. It is designed to teach as many troops as efficiently as possible to kill someone without a weapon.

Yeah man, wrestling is actually super effective in a street fight. Any sort of grappling really. Wrestling is good because you can literally take anyone to the ground and beat the fuck out of them or just hold them there. Unless they train BJJ or wrestled themselves, they're fucked. Doesn't matter how big or strong they are. Untrained people really have no idea how vulnerable they really are.

You think kek

Different guy here.
While you two have good points, stuff like MMA and wrestling take place in a controlled environment. Meaning, you have time to be mentally prepared, there's actual rules, and there's actual safeguards in place.

Yes, basic training in...I don't wanna give the wrong advice here, but I'll leave it up to discretion...Whatever martial art it is will put you ahead. But, don't rely on it too much, and don't pick fights you won't be able to handle. Exercise situational awareness.

Remember to adapt and evolve.

Open to further attack*
>damn phone

thats badass, you ever had to use your skills in a real situation?

mcmap

lmfao, okay

You could probably fuck someone up who hasn't trained, but good luck trying to pull that shit off on a jiu jitsu guy, or someone who has trained in any practical striking art.

I'm just saying one of many ways to manipulate weak/ unprotectable locations using distraction. I'm not saying its a sure thing every time or "wait till hes about to throw a punch and round house him in the temple" i feel my response is practical and easy for less experienced fighters. I live in new orleans. I have had my ass kicked enough to know how to get the upper hand.

Fight to win. Use anything around me, don't give a moment or an inch until either he or I am unconscious

the better fighters are people who live through allot of physical endurance if you can soak blows you got time to fuck them up with whatever you got.

i can take kicks to the dick from my brother in the military and then just wreck his face in for being a faggot

Started 120 in junior high and ended up 160 in hs. I'm only 5 foot 8 but have a pretty broad upper body and build so I did really well in wrestling

You need to throw punches. If you don't have the muscle memory for that, you're fucked. Heavy bags are good for that, but they don't hit back. Actually being punched at repeatedly and responding properly is kinda like muscle memory, too, and so is responding properly to being punched in the face.

Some martial arts, like boxing, muay thai, and some forms of karate translate very well to actual combat ability. Others don't but might improve your ability to fight if it's already present by helping with footwork or balance or throwing your weight around or whatever.

Practice is necessary, bu it doesn't have to be formal for you to improve. Full-contact sparring is best. Sparring doesn't compare to the ferocity of an actual fight, and there's shit you can do in an actual fight that you wouldn't do to a sparring partner. No rounds, either. Fight could just be 10 seconds of one guy getting assaulted and going to the ground.

I'm kind of a mixed bag. I've trained in tae kwon do and done stand-up boxing, I was into CMA in middle school and it definitely influences me, and I've kinda always had a group of friends who liked to just spar and beat the crap out of each other.

nice, 160 is a difficult range. Combines both speed and strength.
is it true theres a lot of rivalry between wrestlers at hs level?

Very true

I see what you're getting at, but the absence of a referee or a padded mat doesn't somehow make a trained fighter untrained or unable to fight to his full effectiveness. A trained fighter is so comfortable is a fight situation because he has done is a million times. But I do agree about the situational awareness. If someone tries to fight me on concrete for instance, I;m not going to fucking pull guard, but as a trained fighter, i will sure as hell know how to use that concrete to my advantage. Same goes with fighting multiple attackers, I;m not going to try and take one of them down and go for a choke because I will get my head stomped in.

I've fought for real four times in my life and i can tell you than techniques mean nothing unless they are trained enough to be instinctive. This is what makes beginner martial artists easier opponents than untrained people, because they try techniques that aren't properly trained in.
Your fighting abilities will fast hit a plateu if you only rely on experience and technique has to be trained from there to advance.

I deployed four total times in Iraq and Afghanistan and only had to use my training a couple of times cuz guns. Once on a Taliban prisoner who got out of his zip ties and once in Iraq on a hostile civilian. Held the choke a tad to long and the tali died. The civi was just mad and dumb, I figured a wristlock was better than a bullet hole.

K bro. Have fun at school tomorrow. 8th grade is pretty hard.

NED is about opportunity, and bear in mind I was teaching these kids about life and death fights rather than knock-out drag-out bar brawls.

You can't just be trained ion the streets LOL.
I had plenty of fights before I started training but they were always hard scraps.
Now when I fight i'm on another level. Get trained if you plan on fighting.

MMA is so popular now that alot of faggots say they train and try to act tough. It's the same assholes that used to say "dont fuck with me, I'm a black belt".

Absolutely true man, I mean if you're passionate about any sport (especially in that age range) it get pretty heated. It's all in good fun when you look back at it. Yet, at the time it's seriously competitive. Even against your own teammates in practice.

saying that tho ypou must train in something where they spa.
Boxing
Karate
Kick boxing
Judo
Some Japanese ju jitsu
don't go bjj you don't want to mroll around in a car park.

how many street fights you had after you started wrestling?

Boxing/Muay Thai guy here. This guy knows whats up.

What's the boxing community like? I was told the sport attracts a lot of cunts and some gyms are pretty much gangs.

You're just mad you can't fight

Krav maga. Game over.

What art/arts do you train in? I hope you are being sarcastic in saying that Japanese Jiu Jitsu is superior to BJJ. I have trained in both. One is a sport, the other is a joke, much like most traditional martial arts.

headlocks and getting them to the floor is most important in a street fight. no matter what martial art or fight tutorial you watch a real street fight never goes down that smoothly and will normally result in throwing punches towards the other person. just keep your hands up to take some of the hits and wait until they expose thereself. keep yourself relaxed and not tensed so you can throw faster punches

4. It's hard to say if I won or lost in each one but I feel fairly confident I won 2 of them. one of the 4I was involved in, I was jumped by two Latino gangbanger wannabes. Unfortunately, the did get my money and phone but I put up a hell of a fight. I swear I gave one of them a concussion. Then again I got a concussion too. Had one of the dudes in a good arm bar type hold but the 2nd guy kicked me square in the face. :/

If you want to train self defence take up a sport grappling art. The techniques you learn there are more deadly than anything they teach in the military in hand to hand.

Training makes all the difference OP. I'm an oldfag and have been training for 25 years fairly consistently. . Started at 13. I ran my own military cqc class for a while. I've been in a lot of fights when I was younger and can absolutely say there's no comparison. Untrained people are slow and flail around to no effect. Your body changes and your reaction times become much faster as you train. Also body hardening makes a huge difference. For better or worse I used to collect for/with my shady friends and had many many confrontations. Worked private security/ body guard after that for a while off and on, not a rent a cop fag eather, paid to carry. It gets real old after a while and you get worn out emotionally. Extended periods of High stress for years makes you see the world in a really strange way

disciplined manner is based on cunts, who learned how to hurt other ppl. U wanna take chances and figrue everything out from scratch/hope u r the talented cunt, or u gonna use science to learn the best ways?
u fag

>I was jumped by two Latino gangbanger wannabes.
thats fucked up, was this senior year? Did you know the fuckers?
I assume they just got you by surprise and started throwing punches?

Not a chance. Rolling around for 10 mins grappling is great until the guys buddy's come up and boot fuck you. Ju-jitsu is excellent but not the be all end all

Boxing is just like all combat sports. You show up to train, you get beat up, you come home tired as hell every night. repeat. You feel like you will never get better. Until eventually a new guy comes in and you spar with him and you realize how much you have improved.

Some gyms are toxic as fuck, while others are full of really cool dudes. If you are interested in boxing go try out some gyms in your area. I will tell you right now, some of the nicest people I have ever met were at a boxing gym.

Haha ok.

Krav maga is just a a shitty mashup of other martial art with some gun/knife defence thrown in. It's such bullshit. Krav guys come and ask to spar at my gym all the time, and they always get the shit kicked out of them.

Bouncer and martial artist here. If you train full contact you'll have the edge over street thugs, if you don't (eg point sparring) you'll get your ass kicked by any decent street fighter.

LOL point sparring. I feel bad for those guys. They this they're so deadly.

do you compete as well or just train?

No martial art teaches you how to have friends, that's more a pua thing.

This

Lol. Black belt at starting conversations

Most fights go to the ground regardless. There is no matrial art that will help you from getting stomped my multiple attackers. At least Jiu jistu will help you get back to your feet so you can run away.

No I didn't know them. It was actually 3 years after hs. So I hadn't been practicing at all for at least 2 years. And yeah it was right after last call near a local bar. They had the spot all picked out. when I walked by where they were waiting, one dude ran up and checked me super hard from behind and within a second his friend was right on me. I was lucky they didn't have a knife.
Obviously this is one of the fights I lost. I was drunk and the exact target they were looking to hit. They just didn't anticipate that I had some fight in me. If it was the one guy I would have come out on top. But I learned a lot from it.

Military training is situational, but they will beat 95% of thugs or martial artists because of HOW they train. Most martial artists are mcdojo fighters so don't train hard and only train against people fighting in the same style. But in a one on one street fight with no weapons, that 5% of martial artists who train properly will still beat them because they train in a similar way but spend a lot more time doing it.

I have competed In BJJ and Muay thai.

any idea why they picked you?
did they aim for face mostly?

the main thing that would put me off competing is the fact you cant avoid the idiots from the toxic gyms, I mean if they sign up for the same event there's no avoiding, you will probably face them at some point

Yeah it depends on the art you train. I have no doubt a military guy could beat some neckbeard who trains aikido, karate, kung fu, ect. But I think someone who trains in a practical martail art and actually spars full contact on a daily basis could beat a military trained guy.

That's because they can't use their deadly techniques that Krav relies on.

I know a lot do and I've trained Gracie for quite a long time. It was the first martial art I started training in. (Oldfag) it's just that you need to balance that with a striking art also. I did a couple hears or JKD after that then Muay Thai and judo. The problem with strait ju jitsu is the while goal is going to the ground and grappling, which is not the best plan for a street fight. If it's a one on one and it's just you two that's perfect but if anyone else is involved your fucked

I was alone. And yeah, they went for my head and neck mostly. I blocked A BUNCH. I was damn sore for a week after that. Like I said though, I really think I gave one of them a concussion (I hope) and landed a super solid kidney shot on the other. Knocked the wind out of him, so that's a satisfying memory I'll hold onto about that fight. They definitely had the jump on me though

I think everyone who has had a good amount of fights has a story like this, it's how you tell the genuine guys from the "yeah I'm a great fighter I've been in 3 real fights!" types.

Anyone who has enough fights will end up in at least one where the odds are just too far against them, and it's key to finding the balance between confidence and arrogance.

you can win any fight against one person in ten seconds if you are willing:

1) run up and kick him in the crotch hard.
2) grab his throat and choke him to death.

most people don't have the instincts to win a fight this way.

Meh, who cares. Competitions are very safe. If some asshole tried to hold a choke for too long or throw punches after the fight is over, the referee would break it up immediately. The commission would most likely ban them from competing ever again. If you really want to train and compete, I say do it. Don't let some dudes from some gym (who probably don't even exist) stop you from reaching your goals.

KEK

I can't tell if you are joking or if you're actually serious.

You clearly don't know about fighting if you think that a bar fight isn't about life and death.

I agree, having a striking art definitely helps. But if you are in a situation with multiple attackers, you're probably fucked anyways. You're best bet is to knock them out one by one or just run.

The two are totally different in terms of how you go about the fighting. Military is fighting to kill and stay on your feet so you can react to other threats. If it's general army/marine core they are pretty basic. Any special forces will train way more in depth. Many of the moves/strikes are not allowed in competition martial arts and you won't even be shown them until you get very advanced. It's a legality thing. You teach your student how to hit someone in the head in a certian spot and they go out and do it to some dipshit they have had a problem with for years and give him a concussion or kill him and you can be held responsible for it

All else equal, training is preferable over non-training.

All else equal, experience is preferable over no experience.

But if you're asking which is 'better' if you could only have one or the other? I would say training. In high school I knew this black belt karate dude who had never been in a street fight. But everyone in the school knew not to fuck with him. It's possible some street thug would kick his ass but I doubt it. Training gives you scientific, proper technique which has been proven to work. Experience is more of a hit and miss, anecdotal affair, if it is not guided by scientific training.

Put it this way: a terrorist with no scientific training could fiddle around with electronics and explosives a lot, and after a while he might figure out how to make pretty good bombs. But if you asked some MIT-trained electronics/chemistry major to 'try his hand' at making a bomb, and it was his first one ever, I bet he would produce a far superior result, technically speaking.

Ya. Keep moving and keep angles so only one can get at you at once if possible and gtfo. If you completely devistate one or two of their buddy's it can stop the rest if you are vicious enough. Bet plan is to get out and live to fight another day

You have no fucking Idea what you are talking about. Martial arts instructors do not withhold certain techniques because they are too dangerous or "too deadly". There is no strike that is more dangerous than another. There is no super secret deadly move that they only teach to military guys. And no, its not a legality issue you fucking retard, you sign a waver before joining any gym. Please educate yourself before you go spewing your bullshit.

> Any person
No. If they see the kick coming you'll waste your shot. If an untrained person tries choking someone with training they'll get their ass kicked, maybe get their arm broken. Then there's other variables - a huge guy might have fat or just thick legs. A smart guy will move when he sees you running. They might just turn to the side. Those will all stop the nut shot. The choke is far more dangerous - if you have no training, a bigger guy will most likely fight you off. So will anyone with friends, and if you tried choking someone you're going to get fucked up bad.

This. As I said above, special forces will beat 95% of guys who train. To clarify, normal military will beat 50-75% of people who train. Only the 5% who
> Train hard, keep fit, do full contact and mix up their training
> Know more than the basic stuff
> Don't get cocky "I train so I can beat anyone!"
> Are dedicated - putting in an hour a week for a few months won't cut it

Will beat them, and of course it's not a guarantee

Its true. Grappling with goggles and finger locks allowed and its a different ball game. In death fights breaking a finger on opponent is insta win. Spear hands to throath and eyes are also devestating.

>Put it this way: a terrorist with no scientific training could fiddle around with electronics and explosives a lot, and after a while he might figure out how to make pretty good bombs. But if you asked some MIT-trained electronics/chemistry major to 'try his hand' at making a bomb, and it was his first one ever, I bet he would produce a far superior result, technically speaking.

That is a perfect analogy.

A couple things to remember is one punch can end it ie that what kung fu is ment for a self defense ending the fight as soon as possible its not a sport style ,and the ofher one is knowing where to hit for example you hit a guy ij the forehead it will hurt your hand alot more then his forehead but if you hit a guy right between his mouth and his nose that can kill him if you hit the zpot perfect with the right force and it dosent hurt to try some iorn body teqnique other then thos teqniques i learn from kung fu the rest is just mcdojo

The most deadly hand to hand techniques are learned to 16 year old blue belts bjj students world wide. in other disiplines aswell.

fellow wrestlerfag here

You think there is no strike that is more dangerous than another? Sorry, but what?

* Uppercutting the nose with the base of your hand
* Punching the neck

These aren't 'more dangerous' than a kick to the thigh? Huh?

That's like saying a curb stomp isn't more dangerous than a dead-arm punch. They're both strikes, but one is clearly more dangerous than the other (hint it's the one that cracks all the guys teeth and fractures/shatters his skull)

I second this. In the time it takes you to get into a guard you could already have your head smashed into a wall

weight?

> Sports martial arts (karate, TKD etc) won't teach students to kill
> How you train is how you'll fight. If people are trained not to strike certain areas they won't, which makes a big difference. An untrained guy going for eye gouges, groin shots etc will get his ass kicked by someone with training usually, but someone who fights dirty with just as much training will win before the martial artist can adapt.

Plus remember the majority of people who train aren't training hard, and aren't training regularly.

Being trained doesn't always translate into being a good street fighter. Pic related Brian Harvey is a wrestler at West Point and got his shit rekt a few months ago.

nigger detected

Spear hands to throat and spinning heel kicks are deadly techniques learned to karate and TKD students.

Fuck off. I have litterally ran a military hand to hand combat class closely related to Krav Maga. There are absolutely places you can hit people that can fuck them right up and kill them quite easily. And the legality part is a factor. That's why people go through a period when they start to see if they have control over themself. If a new student rages out after being hit they are no good to train. You can be held responsible. You think a run of the mill class teaches pistol and rifle disarm techniques etc. to new students if at all? The advanced stuff is taught to the people who won't be idiots.

>get that juicy black pussy

Genuinely nearly threw up reading this. Fucking disgusting. i ain't even racist.

A killing machine can't kill if he has been out punched unconscious

Yes, and they're taught not to use throat strikes and spend their time point sparring.

Or an edgy faggot.

>held a tad too long
>ded

You don't die from holding a choke a tad too long. You have to hold it for a very long time after they go limp.

Confirmed murder. I mean I know the typical jarhead doesn't care if a "raghead" dies but yeah.

Karate and jjj over Bjj? Get real.

I somewhat doubt it. I covered some pressure points in Brazilian ju jitsu to manipulate people's heads to get a choke hold sunk in but nothing in terms of striking. I had to do JKD and Muay Thai to actually learn how to stand up and fight without getting my ass kicked

Headlocks are dangerous to use as a take down.....he can slip his head now he has your side or back with an already lower center of gravity.....if he squares up with his hands up a jab or a fake to the face to a double leg take down is the safest takedown. He may get a few shots to your back but as long as no knife those punches are useless

Been around a couple of fights and one intended armed robbery.

Some of the martial arts out there (mostly Japanese budokan) are complete BS and are only done as sport or they hand out belts for profit.

I started studying martial arts basically for self defense, well taught Jeet Kune Do will prepare you for street fights, as Wing Chun and Chinese Boxing are basically meant for you to beat street fighters boxers and kickboxers, it also incorporates some Hun Gar Kung Fu which complements other styles i practice.

Also leart Doce Pares which is a system based on Phillipine martial arts and spanish esgrima, this one basically trains you on armed fighting, how to disarm someone with a knife or any other handheld weapon.

And recenly started learning Kyusho Jitsu, this one is easily incorporated into my other styles of fighting, and it allows me to incapacitate an enemy without having to do much damage, very useful when the opponent is someone you are close to your circle and don't want him to hold a grudge on you for doing to much damage.

I can honestly tell you i feel prepared for ANY sort of fighting that might go down, "dirty fighters" are in the end very clumsy and very easy to take down when you study combat, street fighters mostly know how to get into your nerves or distract you so he can have an advantage, learning a martial art will allow you to keep your head straight in conflict.

This is why Bjj and general grappling is good to train. Niggas think head locks are really good.

They are taught to use them in self defence.

That depends heavily on which martial art and who's teaching it

Except when they get into a real fight they instinctively go into sparring mode because that's every they've trained their body to do when someone's standing in front of them trying to hit them.

>but the 2nd guy kicked me square in the face. :/

Ouch... that must have not felt good. I recieved some nice kicks in the face wile sparring in kick boxing, and that includes some protection (didn't have a helmet, though...). I can't imagine how strong a bare shoe+feet must feel on your face...

Kek. I highly recommend judo also. It may not seem very glorious but when you learn how to toss people in all sorts of ways it is extremely effective. No one trains in it and no one expects it. You hip toss a 300lb guy and his own body mass will half crippled him when he bounces off the ground

The deadly grappling holds such as chokes and spinal locks are far more deadly than any strike.
Any strike can kill but with such holds death is certain if executed correctly.

I'm pretty sure i can match up with up to 2-3 opponents, as far as guns go yeah, unless the weapon is at hand reach you're pretty much fucked

That is true. The joint locks if actually done can cripple someone for a long time and affect them the rest of their life. I popped a guys ankle and it was actually horrible. Poor bastard

Martial arts are great for streetfights...depending on who is teaching you.
I have been doing "Karate" for 12 years now. Our instructor is the no-nonsense type. He is paid to do seminars and hand-to-hand fighting courses for the military.
He will teach you "karate", his opinion on it is that a lot of the drills you go through in traditional karate are bullshit. He teaches how to fight and as for the traditional stuff he has to teach, he just tells us never to use them on the street.
He has studied Chinese boxing, jeet-kune-do, kung-fu, kickboxing, taek kwondo and a few others. He incorporates everything from those martial arts that he knows will work in a real fight. He just teaches traditional karate as a kind of "on the side" part so he can officially reward students with new belts.
Trust me, your martial arts instructor could be from any discipline, just make sure they are the no bullshit type. Instructor is the most important thing to think of.

That said, just watch some boxing videos, learn how to clench your fist and go for it. No fancy stuff, just know how to throw punches and move.

Except most advanced students manage the switch fine. Its only fist form and shot placement that differ.

Also, we don't spar with loads of protective padding on. Just fighting gloves and a mouth piece. Instills some confidence in you when you get hit hard a few times and you realize that you are not made of glass and can take a hit.

you know how to get out fight get naked fight people just want to embarrass you in a fight if just strip act agreessive you take power away from him

Ive attended the same boxing school for 14 years. Ive won a tournament or two but i was never good enough to make it professionally. As long as the fight stays vertical I'll slap you unconscious.

Excellent way to train. Get used to being hit and work on body hardening.

youtu.be/M7V1eUfccJo

Weight lifter vs wrestler, just saying

then you're not doing "Karate" buddy, i've known a loooooot of people who have studied either Karate, TKD and Kempo and their styles are pretty much garbage, the most common flaw i've noticed is that they focus a lot on useless power striking and always let their guard down.
You're taught self defense per se.

Go for weak spots like striking the opponents throat or kicking and grabbing their balls. It's dirty but it's what makes you win.

>muh honour

Competitive sport fighting like boxing or MMA has rules but a street fight doesn't. A real fight is about not being beat to a bloody pulp, in that situation you do what you fucking can to make sure you come out on top.

Oh he does teach it. Because he has to to stay official. I can do all the kata and show each technique the syllabus requires. It's just that that kind of stuff takes up a very small portion of class.
He advertises as a "Karate club" and his profits come in once people stop by from other clubs to give it a try and end up staying. Point is, look into every martial arts instructor. Actually go along to watch one of their training sessions to see what they REALLY teach. The research will pay off later when you get into a fight and kick some ass instead of going to a fight thinking you know how to fight and getting your ass kicked.

I never fight often but when I do I never have lose a fight. BECAUSE every situation is different even fighting the same guy again is a different situation. My goal is to pick a point on a body and attack but being aware of everything the other guy is doing or trying to do. Grab, take down, punch, gouge, you do anything you have to there are no rules the other guy can kill you if you want. I also usually stick to simple punching in the face but if you have to wrestle the guy down or knee first to get in the optimal position to attack the way you want handle that first. Man I am rambling.

No one fights in the US. They immediately just shoot each other over parking spots and who has the bigger pickup truck.

Fucking cowards.

Strongly agree. MMA is just like all the other martial arts. Its useless if you dont work with it for years and years

Also my main goal in a fight is ALWAYS try to not get hit or avoid getting hit as you attack. Fighting is very simple, fuck techniques, you either can punch the guy in the face or not. If not you are going to get beat up or worse.

If you're faced with somebody that is going to hit you/start a fight(they'll usually clench their fists first), just prepare for them them to hit and shift to the side whilst hitting them as hard as you can on the chin, 9/10 times you will knock them out(unless you miss).I've used this twice and it worked, can't stand loud mouth 'i'm hard' cunts starting fights, this makes them look like fucking idiots.

Teach yourself how to learn, get a STEM degree, get an 80K job, and stop being a nigger that wants to fight.

They dare to fight, they just choose to shoot.

i bet the hand hurts as hell after that,
never been into a fight and i am trying everything to avoid one.

>I read their telegraphs

The Krav maga comment is bullshit those jews will lay ya ass out over a shekel

Been boxing for about 5 years and having Olympian and Pro training partners helped me get better real fast. Im 6'5 155 with really long arms so even those guys had trouble plus my power is really good i feel like if i ever got into another street fight it would end really bad for the other guy so i try my hardest to avoid conflict.

TRAIN CONVENTION!

Nothing wrong with guard on concrete, flying armbar on the other hand.

A 6'5 nearly junior middleweight unless you mean kg? Otherwise wtf haha

This is a video if a fight my friend was in
youtube.com/watch?v=iTnswFEMcC8

a regular blood-choke will kill after 20 sec.

I trained pankration for over 7 years. One of the toughest ancient martial arts. A mix of wrestling, boxing & kicking. No eye gouging, hits or kicks to the genitals. It can get quite bloody & violent. It's never let me down when I needed it in a fight

Claims to train ancient greek fighting art
>Not training the spartan version of it

The best way to approach it is to have both. Structure and scheduled training with mma or kickboxing,etc will teach you a fuckload. The problen most people who do martial arts like that have is they underestimate how paniced and flailing street fights can be. Just always keep in mind that you WILL get it, and it WILL hurt, no matter which background you have. Learn some basic grappling so you can atleast protect yourself as things get tangled. I am a shit grappler and never wrestled in high school, I entered mma from a kickboxing background. So I just value knowing which guards to hold and what NOT to do with my limbs if it goes to the ground. I'm 6'6 so that shit is tricky.

You are correct,it is Ancient Greek, if you paid attention in ancient history class you would know that Sparta was a Greek city state. Spartans were just hardcore,killing was ok during training.try that nowdays

Sup OP - I'm the latter category but I've seen/been friends with many from the former.

I've been in about 10 street fights, 3 were legit "If I don't knock this cunt out I'm dead" situations.

I have NEVER been in a street fight that lasted longer than about 2 minutes.

If you are going ham, someone is on the ground in 10-15 seconds MAX if you are wrestling like bitches someone gets tired and tries to beg for mercy within a couple minutes. Nothing ever goes longer than that.

My advice is boxing or jujitsu. Out of everything I have seen you either win standing up very quickly (insta knockouts) or you get to the ground and the one with stamina wins.

The third option is you get dog shot or out numbered. If you EVER feel out classed in a streetfight just fucking run. My mate tried to go 2v1 against dudes in similar size ended up with metal plates all over his face, fucked up teeth and he can never do any contact sports again.

Not worth it.

P.S. I have lost one fight legitimately and it was because the dude smacked me in the face with a cricket bat half way through the brawl.

#australiacunts.

The spartan version of pankration included kicking the nuts and eye gouging techniques. They didn't intentionally kill in training, only during combat(war, tournaments etc)

So not a normal choke then?

Thanks for confirming my point.

Its normal

>I've been in plenty of fights.

Being beaten up by bullies doesn't count, user.

I agree with this guy.

Trained beats untrained 99.9% of the time

Not too long ago I saw a video by a former special forces operative. The question put to him was: what's the best martial art or training to protect yourself?

You know what his answer was? Gun training. Get a gun and know how to use it.

Keep opponent no less than arms length away from you
Watch knees and elbows. They move slower than feet and fists.
Aim for vulnerable areas. Solar plexus, temple, jaw, nice little nerve under the lower jaw canine tooth acts like an off button if hit properly. Liver punch can drop most people.
Don't lose your balance.
Relax when punching, tense up your core moments before you make contact.
Timing, speed and accuracy is all you need.

jocko willink

go make millions being the best fighter to have ever lived, ufc is open.

or stop talking shit you low IQ poor cunt

this, but they have to be actually trained. and i dont mean they went to open mat 4 times and think theyre an expert. real competitors fucking destroy people, it would be like playing a sport for the first time against someone who's been practicing for years. unless you are a freak of nature, you will be taken out with no effort.