I'm afraid I may be schizophrenic

I'm afraid I may be schizophrenic
but I'm too afraid to approach any professional help leaving me unsure of my condition
any certified schizophrenics in this board? how's life for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/tobacco/disparities/mental-illness-substance-use/index.htm
google.com/url?q=http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-09-psychics-psychiatrists-voices-psychosis.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE1x4JncBtpVdDZm0TKCVIx0Ccn7g
youtube.com/watch?v=c02c84pAI34
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_hypothesis_of_schizophrenia
youtube.com/watch?v=iKMhrfSEZ2Q
adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800035704
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I take a good medicine so I haven't had a problem with voices or hallucinations. Get into the hospitals psych ward and get some help with medications.

did you force yourself to get checked up?
how was that like?

Yeah, I was suicidal because I was going crazy.

Decided to the emergency room where I told them my symptoms. They let me in and that's where things got better.

The experience was good. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat as you. No real loony toons there. Mostly just ppl who tried killing thenselves.

I'm sorry to hear that
I sure hope things are going much better for you now
thank you for your input

Been diagnosed schizophrenic but not because i actually am but because they wanted to get me out of psych ward with some sort of diagnosis. Been prescribed Seroquel but since i knew i was sane i never did anything and i dont regret it

What symptoms have you had? For how long have they been going on?

Also a quick X-ray revealing enlarged ventricles would get you diagnosed right away. Schizophrenia is highly neurobiological. Treatment or figuring it out is easy.

I battled with schizophrenic symptoms for a few years and finally went to the doctors about it. Went and seen a psychologist and ended up having to see a councilor every week and got diagnosed with depression and got meds. They didn't do much. Ended up attempting suicide and ended up in hospital. They released me after they cleared my system from all the pills. After that I stopped going to see any form of psychologist or doctors. Now I have pretty bad anxiety about most things and still hear and see shit but don't want to tell anyone anymore. Fuck like I don't know what to do. I don't want to have to sit and tell someone how I'm feeling all the time that just makes me feel worse. The meds just make you feel weird and I still have voices telling me to do bad shit to most people.

*mri

whats the creepiest shit you heard from your head

I've grown increasingly withdrawn, retracted, and lethargic from even my closest friends over the years
and the voices I used to hear every time I go to sleep follow me during the day
they like to crank up the volume too
sometimes I think I'm literally just hearing shit (heh), but they've been getting increasingly hard to deny

how does your mind like to fuck with you?
what do you hear?

I dream about dying and like to imagine being killed in various ways, but I only get auditory hallucinations and panic attacks when I'm really tired and high, I'm just a faggot right?

if you were schizophrenic you could never suspect you were, you'd be too deluded to tell the difference between visual/auditory hallucinationsand reality. my grandma was schizo btw

There was a period of time at the start of the year. For about two weeks everytime I seen this girl in my school my blood would go cold and I would start hearing the voices giggling and laughing and then they would start to describe to me that I had to go to her house and break in and kill her family then kill and rape her and cut her up and eat her. Afterwards they said they had messages that needed to be broadcast through her blood and would give me directions of what to draw on the walls. It was horrific to have to listen to it each time I saw her. I assume it was because I liked her but I never said anything to her because it was hard to concentrate on anything when I started hearing them.

holy shit you ok now man

That's not the case all the time. Just cus you watched a few episodes of Mr.Robot that doesn't make you an expert. Good show btw you fags should watch it

Auditory hallucinations are a very common symptom of it.

If you get help tell the psychiatrist it's been going on for over 6 months so the dsm v criteria fits you for schizophrenia and not schizophreniform or another variant.

Do you recognize the voices as your own voice or other people's voices?

to which character am i talking to?

I'm a whole world better now than what I was at the start of the year. The voices and hallucinations aren't as vivid anymore and I can focus on real life responsabilites more but I still get this feeling that comes over me where everything feels wrong and I become light headed and hear static and then voices of different people start to become more audible like changing radio stations. I still feel depressed most days now. But I feel better not having to talk to a councilor or psychiatrist all the time.

I already told you I'm unsure
and if that really was the case then make these people go away
I'm tired of this

I am diagnosed. Biggest issue was paranoia and delusions, as well as most times I would listen to voices. I take meds but just going through the experiences and learning how to handle them was I think the greatest help, rather than masking everything with meds.

Learn how to just go with the flow, don't get too caught up on one thing like it's the end of the world, even if you think you're going to be killed. Ignoring voices is probably a bad idea, they'd just try harder to mess with you instead of working with you once you get to know them.

Voices can often be seen as somewhat of a subconscious, so look within yourself to see if voices are telling you of some of your true feelings within yourself, because you need to work on those feelings.

Alcoholism and cigarettes also help. A much higher percentage of mentally ill smoke tobacco, it works on dopamine which is part of the cause of the illness.

They're probably in two minds about this comment.

Ie any time over 6 months. Don't say "it's been going on for over 6 months" say "I've heard things for X months/years."

>what is spectrum in psychology

You're why we have doctors and not Cred Forums for diagnostics.

sz not a problem if youre not aware of delusion as long as you qusetion certain things voices in your head are pretty managable

That's not schizophrenia

my best friend's girlfriend has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but she's not self-aware about her condition. She thinks the psych was fucking with her because the psych is part of a secret network that hates her, and she doesn't REALLY have schiz.

How did you come to achieve self-awareness of your condition and accept your diagnosis?

what do you mean by going crazy?

I've been trying to quit smoking for physical health purposes but the voices go crazy and keep reminding me of having a cigarette when I'm trying to keep off them. For anyone else in this situation try keeping earphones in with music and chewing gum, it's a good distraction.

My biggest concern is that the voices are actually the result of my third eye opening. The jewish psychiatrists association will frown upon opening my third eye and put me on meds to close it.

alcohol and tobacco makes you crazier idiot, imo those are both like scratching a wound that is having trouble healing, you shouldn't do it because it just damages you more but we crave to mess with it because it feels weird

watch your back op. THEY KNOW, THEY ARE WATCHING.

This. I banter with my voices. We laugh about things. You just have to learn to get along with your new friends.

6 months...?
they've been at it since 2011

I... think it's my voice
but even that voice isn't sure of whether he's really talking to me or whether I/he really exists
other times I hear noises akin to a busy city street
they're more audible when I'm trying to sleep

Ahw snap. You're not self aware. Your prognosis won't be very good. Here's a tip, stay off Cred Forums and /x/.

Try abilify or risperdal. Fuck seroquel, shit is bad.

>Approximately 25% of adults in the U.S. have some form of mental illness or substance use disorder, and these adults consume almost 40% of all cigarettes smoked by adults.

>cdc.gov/tobacco/disparities/mental-illness-substance-use/index.htm

There's a reason why.

They are always watching. Always listening. They are in the shadows in your room. Around the corner on your street. In the back seat of your car. In your neighbors window. Always following.

Thank you. He's thinking of multiple personality disorder. It peaked in the 70s/80s but it was a popular diagnosis for people since it was seen as cool and could be faked in court. It's very rare. Most psychiatrists or clinical psychologist psychologists will never see this in their career... ever. Almost every diagnosed case of this is misdiagnosis and/or malingering on the end of the patient.

How am I not self aware?

>mexican rapists

The Wall will take care of this.

Spiritual enlightenment is a painless process, it's for when your body is clean and balanced
Being mentally ill means something is dysfunctional about your body, you should have awareness of your mental and physical self and control over it.
The mental health jew is bad not because they brand the seal of Ishtar on every little pill, but because their solution is like cutting out a tumor with a sledgehammer, or treating cancer through heavy radiation which makes people much sicker than the cancer would (it'd kill them before they got to a point of such pain)

The wall will take care of everything.

100%

You're fairly aware. It usually can't be heard as ones own voice. Get the help though. Lithium bicarbonate or some antipsychotics. Dead serious. A lot of homeless are schizophrenic.

>mexican rapists

what if that's my fantasy?

Are you afraid a professional might tell you that you are not suffering from anything?

Have you ever really so far as decided in which you want to do look more like?

I'm not in pain, the voices don't cause me pain. Some days are more confusing than others but after a nap I feel much more lucid and put together. I don't know the voices are symptom of a "mental illness". They're my voices. I don't need to tell a jew in a labcoat about them. I don't need pills.

You know what the pills are for?

They're for when your life is falling apart to hell, you're feeling horrible and unhappy, and you think to yourself "Well, the pills might help, or they might not help, but I am SO UNHAPPY right now, i dont have anything to lose trying something new"
You can have your own personal objections to you taking it, but dont make these sweeping statements like "treating cancer with radiation which makes much people sicker than the cancer would," because that doesn't jive with my experiences at all.

Go back to mexico. Get your asshole raped on the reg. We don't need that here.

I believe that free will is only an illusion. We are here to do exactly what we are going to do, but a few are given the opportunity to witness it unfold. Anyone else think that? It's easy care-free.

What if your voices show pity on you and explain there is no such thing as happiness? That you're longing for something that doesn't exist, and in that realization you find peace?

>How did you come to achieve self-awareness of your condition and accept your diagnosis?
nothing just exactly... feels quite right, you know?
there's a general emptiness everywhere I go and in anything I do
I only find solace in talking to myself

Are you me?

Pills correct for dysfunction or try to.

That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything else is assumed bias.

I don't give a shit about your statistics, people smoke to relieve stress through dilation of blood vessels, there is so evidence it can be beneficial to the mind. So I guess sailors who smoke like chimneys are actually schizophrenic and need their dopamine constantly spiked to stay sane. If you take a big rip of pure tobacco it's psychedelic, makes you throw up, you'll get close to death and shit. Just because cigarettes with added chemicals are easy to sell to "cool kids" who just got diagnozed with "anxiety" and think modern pre-rolled cigarettes do anything other than make you lightheaded and have to shit, doesn't mean they're a cure for mental illness.

I'm not mexican, i'm a white american. And maybe you don't like that idea but something about a bunch of brown cocks penetrating my ass appeals to me.

if you find peace, contentment, and serenity with your voices, hey more power to you. i've heard of a patient with only good-willed voices, who say things like "Hold on brian, you have a JOB INTERVIEW, and your fly is down!"

....pills aren't for every schizo. just for the ones who are knocked off their feet and want a little help for a few months

I'm actually more afraid of that happening cause I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore

I'll try to see to it that this does not go unnoticed even by me

I see. Evidently I gave you wrong directions.

Just peace, occasionally. It's what you don't see coming that gets you. I'm ready.

Have you asked your voices what's going on?

Yeah, get medication. I did 4 years for beating someone with a baseball bat. Prison is not a good place to be diagnosed. There are better newer medications with less side effects so if you want those get them now. Don't wait until you commit a crime because you will get halidol or thorazine in prison and you do not want that.

>haldol or thorazine
hated these.

abilify worked well for me, but i gained like 20 pounds..

When the fuck did I say it was a cure? What is this huge fucking strawman against my post you've constructed which has little to do with the fact that it's known to be helpful for many with mental illness. I myself as well as friends and many who I've spent time with in care facilities smoke. If you wish to ignore our experiences for your own personal tirade against tobacco use feel free, it doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion though.

My voices would be pissed if I gained 20 pounds.

Do not be afraid, please seek professional help. Always better safe than sorry

So did it cure it?

i was too, i was like, "fuck i'd rather be a hot crazy bitch than fat and sane"

see
...it did work until i quit though.

it cannot be

it's a mess
they have their own language; their own in-jokes
they act like I'm not even there

yeh, no one will tolerate your shit if you're gross.

So make yourself known to them. Take charge of your head, bro. You let them speak when you want them to speak.

Oh yeah, we are not talking about the same thing just gaining weight, all day here lol.

You tell them, "this is an English speaking head only, you speak English goddammit". Things will change, you'll see.

tons of horrible advice :(

Medfag here. I got my handy dandy DSM-5 here which is the diagnostic criteria book used to diagnose schizophrenia. Now this could go 1 of 2 ways OP:
You could get some help and take some risperidone and get better, or you could take some Sinemet and see how far the rabbit hole takes you.
Don't be a pussy.

i am starting to lose my mind while reading these responses

Your right this is not the thread for me.

This. Mushrooms helped me the most. I was really able to channel the voices and break through to the other side. I've never been the same since.

This is just what the jews want you to believe.

OP here
wait just a second
I think I saw some risperidone lying around somewhere here for some reason

...nevermind, it's just a clipboard advertising Risperdal

oh they speak English
they just talk as fast as the Flash can run
very rarely do I get glimpses of what they say, and even then it doesn't make sense

were it so easy
I do get what you mean though

>were it so easy
>I do get what you mean though

I don't understand why you can't relate. They say things and you respond or you yell at them or ignore them or turn the channel. Stop being a passenger and jump behind the wheel. You can't stop them from talking but you decide where you're going.

oh I can relate
I just want them gone -- completely

I say that now but sooner or later I'm gonna look for some company again
is it weird that they're just so comfy somehow?
I don't know

Op if your having problems and its affecting your day to day life voices' being suspect of friends family w/e really if it has you seriously concerned about your mental health go see a doctor

thank you

thank you all for your input
I will take proper action soon

thank you for this thread, i am just a lurker, but i am like you

I have ptsd so bad it caused my schitzo it's annoying for me but not that bad the usual thing is I'll see spiders in everything like if there's a crumb on the floor I'll think it's a spider and try to hit it or I see shadows move on their own and talk to me.
I recommend going to a doctor and getting diagnosed then trying to get a medical marijuana card but ONLY get high cbd low thc strains or else it can make it worse.

hey! I've been hearing voices, then talking alone and talking alone, now coming back to my reaity, but I think I've learnt a lot through my voices, and I now know better who am I. Life can come from a voice, as long as you believe in it ! (meaning powerful)

90-95% of schizos smoke depending on the study

also lack of awareness is a diagnostic criterion

if you show up telling them your schizo they will immediately rule it out and go to histrionic pd, hypochondria, anxiety, etc

>marijuana
funny you mentioned that
I think all those joints and bong rips over the past 2 years contributed to my degrading state of mind
hell, these days I usually feel more anxious after weed

I have borderline personality disorder and no meds have ever helped me. The only thing I ever got from them was seriously horrible withdrawals. The good news is that meds can and do help people with your problems and you can see an improvement in a relatively short period of time.
I know I should go to therapy for my stuff but I have been putting it off for years because I have been successful as far as work goes and I just keep to myself outside of work. Not the best way to live, but at least I'm not some autistic school/church/mall shooter. Good luck user.

Oh Cred Forums... never disappoint.

>jew detected

take my pills goy, you'll feel better!

Those are friendly spiders reminding you to clean up the floor, you messy bastard. I wish I had spiders reminding me to clean up after myself.

>quickly, pick up these crumbs Kevin
>we don't want ants, Kevin
>or do we?
>do we Kevin?!

Kevin?

oh shit nigger what did you even

holy fuck not everything involving modern pharmaceuticals is a jewish conspiracy you stupid cunt

my brother is one, if he doesn't take his meds he turns to stone almost totally withdrawn wont answer you and is meek to the point he'll walk away from you. talks about colors and numbers, has blown up from meds he used to be a good looking 150 lb kid now hes probably 220+..he's homeless, the government "pays him" $750 a month but his "apartment" is $1k a month so they're just using him to make money, I've had full blown anxiety attacks thinking I could get it but I also worry about my brother. is some nigger going to hurt or kill him? I know I'll never have my old brother back but still it's not some fancy fucknig look at me self-diagnosing snowflake shit and I'll stab a cunt who dares to think it is. That's why I generally avoid these threads and r9k has the worse but it's Cred Forums so I believe some people here do have it.

I can't tell for shit what causes it but I know weed probably did it for my mother along with stress, I know my sisters ex-boyfriend showed schizo like behavior when he was smoking all day

also if you're experiencing voices or hallucinations, entirely sober and you're not getting checked out you're a fucking total moron

>hebrew confirmed

You'll be going to the ovens when the time comes, Mordecai.

>you're a fucking total moron
tell me something I don't know, user
on a serious note I'm surprised I even managed to last this long
sorry about your brother

The amount of schizophrenics on here is amazing considering its such a rare disease...

Uh, not really. Anyone outside the narrow social construct of "normal" can find themselves diagnosed as having some form of schizophrenia.

Sounds like psychotic symptoms can be but won't have to be schizofrenic.

>Alcoholism and cigarettes also help.
Don't give people bad advice or pull them down into what you think helps you on the short run. In the long run these are escapist solutions and are detrimental to your life.

That's the classic “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” problem. Don't take your mind too seriously when it comes to those negative world perceptions, they are unverifiable and bad for your health.
I had what you can call a mental "crack up" when I was in a very stressfull period in my life, it has only been a month ago and I hugely recovered but things arent the same ever since.

The main psychotic symptom I had was thinking every text I read or lyrical music I heard was directed towards me, it is comparable with the painful idea people are making fun of you when you walk by them and they suddenly start laughing, I think that's essentially an irrational and psychotic thought (even though it sometimes might actually be true, which makes the whole situation even more difficult)

I'do say try to find a psychiatrist op.

I've known/been friends with 2 dudes with schizophrenia, and they both assured me and others that they were fine while acting erratically.

They both ended up attacking a neighbor and ended up in a pschy ward.

How is this not evidence that it's not rare. Anyone making it up raise your hand.

The only people who matter saw if you did or not like you even had a choice. If you don't think so may you be damned.

This. I wouldn't know where to start with getting checked out also, I'm not entirely sure how I would talk to people.

Not to mention I've always sucked at being serious in person.

That's one legitimate view of psychiatry, but then again alot of diagnosed people get themselves diagnosed because their issues conflict with their day to day functioning. When your 'special snowflake' characteristics form problems then it can be helpful to define it in one way, address the problem and find a solution. A negative part of this can be that some people overanalyze, judge and stigmatize people because of their own incompetence. I am partly agreeing with you but I also think describing and labeling the problem can be helpful to a certain extent

Medical studies my friend. Only about 3% of the poulation have it. Even with the amount of undiagnosed that's still not a lot of people

>Only about 3% of the poulation have it.
or maybe only 3% get diagnosed

google.com/url?q=http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-09-psychics-psychiatrists-voices-psychosis.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE1x4JncBtpVdDZm0TKCVIx0Ccn7g

i don`t have voices but more like thoughts that pop in to my head that i can`t controll and that can give me bad anxiety attacks, havent told anyone tho

what happens if you smoke weed? does it get worse?

only 3% have been diagnosed because only they have overwhelmingly negative experiences. the rest either tame those voices into either a "copilot" or "passenger" voice(s) which are generally helpful, check this link
everyone gets that, try meditation to relax and let go of those thoughts because they don't define who you are just because you have a thought. its not what you think its what you do that matters.

>3% of population
>Tens of millions of people

It's a minority for sure, and you could say that's not a lot, but that's like, your opinion man.

Yeah I literary just disproved the point you made by saying that there are ones that are undiagnosed in the post you replied to. Like I said that still ain't a lot.

>I'm afraid I may be schizophrenic

You are aware of the fact that something is wrong - it's a good thing. You don't think that the voices are 'real'. Most (if not all) of the people with schizophrenia believe that voices are real, they consider themselves 'healthy', usually doctors are enemies, environment is suspicious etc.
But clearly there is something wrong.

I have few questions:
1. Did anyone in your family suffer from mental illness (any illness, not only schizophrenia)?
2. How old are you, when did you start feeling that something is wrong, what were first 'symptoms'?
3. Is it getting worse? Is it sometimes worse, sometimes better?
4. Did you have any accident (like car crash), any serious medical problem? Did someone punch your head?
5. Do you take drugs (weed, lsd, whatever)?

B8

I think a peace of mind and mindfulness can help you to great extend. Someone who really helped me with that is Eckhart Tolle. I can recommend his works, many of his lectures are free available on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=c02c84pAI34

I´m off, good night everyone, the last advice I can give is to never give up hope

Schizophrenia is mostly genetic. Most of you people are just self diagnosing faggots who have the wrong diagnosis

True.
If you are really schizophrenic, you won't diagnose yourself schizophrenic.

So, I lived with schizophrenia for a couple months after a very stressful experience made it develop within me. I've used DXM in the past recreationally, so when I saw online that NMDA suppression was supposed to be one of the proposed causes of schizophrenia, my intuition reared back. My condition was so bad that I decided to test DXM out on myself. If it got worse, I was just going to kill myself. However, after a few hours in tussin-space just reflecting on radical acceptance of evil and suffering in this world, I came to terms with the voices tormenting me. I would like to note here that I did not receive visuals, as it was my first time in over a year Dexxing. When the sun rose the next day I was a changed man, and let me tell you, the afterglow (which I was experiencing for the first time) certainly reinforced my positive, voices-free view of the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_hypothesis_of_schizophrenia
youtube.com/watch?v=iKMhrfSEZ2Q
For the record, I put my money on the oxidative stress hypothesis.

adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800035704
>Development phase II: Schizophrenia

1. none that I know of
2. 19 now. even at an early age people around me liked to point out how I kept talking to myself; how I wanted to jump off a cliff just to see the next life; shit a prepubescent boy wouldn't normally think of. the voices were always there though
3. not a day goes by where I don't feel like killing the nearest thing that moves these days
4. I injured my leg in high school, nothing big
5. weed, cigarettes, beer; usual suspects. last time I took LSD was last May

my first LSD trip sorta did trigger my anger to new heights, I have to say

That lsd trip most have terrible with that condition?