To the Profags

To the Profags
How far is it possible to find out which device used which way to, lets say post a post on some online forum or counter that;
Lets take fb, for example; Is it possible to deny exact device/ ip tracing (ik you cant deny geolocate totally) if id post some shit on fb so even nsa cant locate the exact pc/ phone/ whatever. If its poss, how exactly?
Bit offtopic, proxies arent trusthworthy due they link everything you do through their servers and can shark data right cmon get me some scriptkiddy knowledge need to build up my own spynet in ma hood.
AND WHERE COMES THIS 2 MB BS COME FROM

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/09/27/government-hacking-and-the-playpen-search-warrant/?utm_term=.b0520bdd9819
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OP?

The easiest way is to have a dynamic ip address then have a program that jumps to a different ip ever 30 seconds to about a minute. As long as you have it programmed to change constantly they wont be able to pin point the location. Just you will bring alot of attention by hopping ip addresses so often.

gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thx for answern man but what do you mean by bringing attention, what could they possible do by that if my ip keeps changing

not op but to da topic if i log in to some forum and post smth while being online with some account i can get traced?

Isp will flag you

internet cafe, own laptop?

Not sure what they could do. I haven't done the ip switch bit since like 2005. So idk if they have any precautions they can use to be able to eventually pin point your location. So it's usually best to be sporadic when using this method. Unless you don't care of being caught eventually. You could technically switch your "main" ip to a person youbdont like that lives near your location to be a scape goat if they do start searching for you.

Someone watches too many movies.

"Did we trace that phone call?" "No, he hung up to quickly! Have to keep him talking!"

That's not how IP address work, toolbag.

OP, there are ways to make it more difficult to be found, but nothing is foolproof and 100%.

to quote this
if someone gets into some internet cafe some towns away and drops bomb warning somewhere they would find him?

Someone holds too much faith in our system. You probably think if i went out with my legally bought firearm, and decided to shoot and kill a random person, they would know it was me based off the bullets right?

If you think this is true, then you watch wayyy too much tv. Because they really dont have that fancy tech nor do they have the resources to waste on bullshit.

A part of my job involves finding people based on IP address. As I said, there are techniques that make it more difficult, but nothing is always 100%.

Keep operating with your false sense of security.

Uhhh thats pretty much exactly what would happen. So the rest of your argument is mute.

This is so wrong. Changing your IP does nothing. Your ISP will know what IP was being used by who at a certain time.

able to avoid?

Try going out to a public wifi hotspot with no cameras. Spoof your MAC then dump your payload. Go back home use DBAM to secure erase all disks.
I think this is the best bet since you have some weird hatred of proxies.

Never said it was 100%. Where in my post did i say anything of the sort?

Also refer to my second response The point being is we are the ones that have to only stay one step ahead of idiots like yourself, cuz you have so much faith in your technology you forget that its easily fallible. So its nkt hard to be aware that you will be able to eventually ping the right address, but if that ping gets caught and redirected at the last second whats to say that didn't happen and you go raid the home next door? Also its not difficult to access a neighbors computer and add software and criminalizing information into their hard drive to bring some heat of yourself to be able to rid of your evidence. Its not that difficult to be steps ahead when you need to wait for my move to make yours.

>ping gets caught and redirected
NIGGA STOP

read This is all that would need to happen none of this pinging bull shit just a simple court ordered request to the ISP.

You're an idiot. They have no means to find out who shot who. If you have zero motive you can literally walk out with yiur own gun and shoot a random bystander and get away with it. There is literally nothing they can do. If you think they have means to find who killed whom from just bullets then alot less murders wouod happen. Maybe do your reasoning and research on something other than the TV shows. NCSI has made you believe all this bullshit tech to scare you. Its not even close to the truth.

Even the show "Adam ruins everything" does a bit on how shitty police are at finding the right person.

Because your isp knows all, you're a bigger idiot than the rest. You believe the isp knows your specific computer? No, they know your location of the ip address, thats it. They will go knock on your door and ask a bunch of questions and you can just point a finger at a neighbor. When you live in apartments you actually can share an ip address with a few people. All it is, is a location. Also its not hard to have multiple ISPs and to move around with a mobile device or laptop. Shot you can even have a tower set up elsewhere and just use that. Big deal. Its not hard to set up stuff prior to making your move. People really believe all this bullshit our police can do? Seriously?

dont know for handguns but thats right for rifles; bullets get crushed harder than your mums melons if not cathed by 2 metres of wool behind the body; also, to get safe you could just use paper around the bullets for bigger calibers, smoke signs is bs (and they need the gun for it)

kek look at picture retards

>No means to find out who shot who.
Uhh how about brand and caliber.

Obviously it would be harder to pin a murder if it was done on a whim. But these methods would definitely be used to confirm the murder weapon. Combine that with other leads such as eye witnesses and store cameras and you are much more likely to find the suspect and match him to the murder weapon. Of course this isn't 100% but your idea that you can just walk outside and shoot someone and get away with it is extremely far fetched.

No gun can be traced based of any bullet recovered. Unless the gun has been processed into the crime locker at a police agency they have no means to know what your barrel or bullet deformation would be. Its like saying they have everyones fingerprints in the system and if you leave prints at the scene they'll know its you and come find you. Thats just retarded. Even dental records don't prove shit.

thaz what said and theyre both right where comes this retarded shit tracing techniques come from

Its literally that simple. If you have no motive they have no reason to even consider you. Picture and video is actually not a sure fire way of identification either. You can just buy 9mm the most common round and just get the most common brand. Now what? How do they have any ability to find you? Eyewitness is literally valueless, people cant remember shit for details even 10 seconds after it occurs. Maybe do some research on this subject, cuz obviously you have been had by the tv shows.

>You believe the isp knows your specific computer?
Yes because all of this information is stored on the router that the ISP provides and can be retrieved at any time.

>You can just point a finger at the neighbor
Incorrect unless you are sharing an IP address. which doesn't even matter because if they are knocking on your door they are going to have a search warrant and will seize your equipment.

>Multiple ISPs
I dont see how this would help obscure yourself at all. If you get caught on one ISP........they still know.

>Mobile devices
Now you are onto something. It would be very hard to find someone using a throw away mobile device connected to a public router.

>Eyewitness is literally valueless.
WHAT? I refuse to believe you are this dumb. You seriously think someone who just witnessed a murder is going to forget about it in 10 seconds? Jesus dude come on.

Details, details, details. Look up some social experiments on the subject. Like i said they showed this on tv as well on adam ruin everything. I give this reference cuz most people are taught by tv.

Explain, how and what do they know about my specific computer? The only things they can get are very simple specs and signals. There is no serials or anything and even if they did, whats to stop you from having multiple towers or devices?

>DBAM

DBAN, faggot.

>makes fun of people getting facts from tv
>recommends watching tv to get facts

details? Yes they will probably remember details about the person who shot someone in cold blood. Is it possible that someone will not get a good look at the suspect or forget certain details? Well of course it is but your reasoning of possibility = majority is way too extreme.

My mistake sorry.

Get behind 7 proxys kiddo

Nope, its reality. If the world you describe existed there wouldn't be any bad people, nor would there be random killings in our streets or unsolved murders. If you think that the system is what protects you, then you they have done their job. Thats their inly goal is to get you to believe things are only this way because if them.

>how and what do they know about my specific computer.

I already explained it because your computer is connected to the router your ISP provided you. This information can be grabbed at anytime by your ISP. Your computer shares identification details with your router including the serial number of your network card called the MAC address and much more.

>whats to stop you from having multiple towers or devices?

How would this help you avoid detection? Assuming one computer you possess is caught the fact that you have another computer does nothing for you. Especially if they are all connected to the same router.

just use someone else's wifi

also, if the site works on tor, use tor, fucking idiot

Have multiple devices spread out that you can just connect with and use as a proxy tower for your base tower? So when you hop the ip and tower it isn't even going through your main tower. There are many ways to do these things. It just takes little bit of time and tech savvy. People do this shit just to avoid the government reading their shit.

Also, where is this warrant for searching and accessing my computer? The isp has no reason to care what you do as long as you are paying them. So how would this due process happen?

>If the world you describe existed there wouldn't be any bad people

Incorrect as i have stated twice it is POSSIBLE to get away with it. But it seems your confused about the definition of possible.

Since you seem to be a big fan of TV more specifically "adam ruins everything". I'm going to guess this confusion with reality comes from adam's use of the phrase "security theater". Adam uses the term correctly although over states its worth simply because it doesn't fit the message he is trying to convey. For example I believe in one episode he talks about signatures being security theater because it is possible to forge a signature and signatures are rarely used to detect fraud. Key word being rarely meaning that they can and have been used to detect or confirm fraud. It is only rarely used because other methods usually confirm fraud before signatures can.

>Also, where is this warrant for searching and accessing my computer?

Well thats what a search warrent is.....im not sure what you mean by "where is it".

>The isp has no reason to care what you do as long as you are paying them. So how would this due process happen?

Well the scenario we are talking about here is that you have commited a crime on your computer. Now the authorities will issue a search warrant and subpoena to the ISP to get identification details about who the Address belonged to at that time.

How do the "authorities" know i committed a crime when the only people that have my info is the isp and they need a warrant to give out my information. Also i would need to be talked to prior to the warrant being issued.

If someone really wants to find you they will

The ISP will reveal your IP if the police needs it, and proxies can and do log your connection so you can be traced back

You can try to scramble your location by having your connection go thru a bunch of proxies and shit, it makes it hard and lengthy to trace back, but its mostly allways possible

Ok so lets talk about proxy's and what authorities are doing to circumvent them.

First if you are thinking about simply routing traffic through a second computer you own thats connected to the same router that will obviously do nothing.

If you decide to use a public or a paid for service such as an VPN. This would certainly cause struggle for the authorities. However most countries enact legislation on these proxy companies to force them to retain the client ip addresses for a certain amount of time. So in that case the authorities would have to first subpoena the proxy company ("which will respond faster than the ISP if they want to stay in business"). then they would subpoena the IP address they got from that and so on. until it reached you.

Now what about "proxies" who dont retain a list of client ip's ("For instance tor nodes do not retain information about client ip's") or what if a suspect is behind so many proxies that it is unfeasible to follow the trail so far. Well there are other methods, for tor specifically honey pot tor nodes have become increasingly common. Also using flash and java to create an unsecure connection back to authorities has become more common recently as well. For more information read about playpen washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/09/27/government-hacking-and-the-playpen-search-warrant/?utm_term=.b0520bdd9819

CSO here for tech company, a few things...

>Disposable laptop running a linux distro preferably.

>3rd party wifi, mcdonnalds, coffee shop, etc

>Make sure to spoof MAC address

>Bitcoin purchased VPN

>TOR browser with java turned off

>Microwave or burn HD after use, replace ram, or just destroy laptop all together.

>How do the "authorities" know i committed a crime when the only people that have my info is the isp and they need a warrant to give out my information.

I thought my previous explanation was sufficient but ill go into more detail this time.
So your IP was flagged for illegal activity. This gives the government the right to get a court to order a subpoena to the ISP to force them to release details about who owns the IP address location etc. After they obtain this information they will issue a search warrant for your residence and seize your equipment. Your notion that they need your consent before issuing a warrant is laughable.