Anyone trains BJJ on Cred Forums?

Anyone trains BJJ on Cred Forums?
If so what belt are you and how long on average does it take to get from one belt to the next?

I know a guy who has been training for 6 years and is still blue belt. He says he and his coach have agreed not to move his rank because that makes it easier for him to compete against other blue belt and win medals. Is this a common thing in this sport?

BJJ sport tournaments are a joke. It a bunch of people trying to jump on each other and no one expects to get slammed even if they arent doing anything while on the other or their move isnt working.

Used to freestyle wrestle and roman greco. People got slamed all the fuking time. So when I see sum one get dropped from 1 foot and dq's their opponent in bjj i kek all the way home.

People who train bjj are fags

how does freestyle and greco compare in terms of difficulty? Freestyle is what people do in college and greco in the olympics, right? Freestyle looks more fast paced to me.

don't you hate those people who think mma makes them cool? the graphic shirts, the cauliflower ears, the overly muscular gym douche physique. it's all cringe.

It depends, most are posers but there's a few who wear them because they're legitimately into the sport. No different from football or basketball fans wearing team shirts.

freestyle you can shoot below the waist, greco is about tossing and take downs from above the waist.

did you compete at high school level?

And its not a big difficulty change, its just different tactics. Freestyle is much faster because you can utilize much more to achieve your goal.

HS and college. You can wrestle after college, they call it senior wrestling tournies. You face a alot of roided out people.

started out 112's, now in 170's

>You face a alot of roided out people.
Really, why is that? Have you done senior tournies?
I would've thought people got tested for roids, seems unfair tbh if you're natty.

>the cauliflower ears

if they've got cauliflower ears and aren't overly muscular then I wouldn't mess with them

if they're just a gym bro in an MMA t-shirt, overly muscular yet still look like a typical chad then, yeah, they're likely just posers

It depends on how often you go/ how many classes in a week. If you go say 3x a week or more, you can graduate in maybe 2 years. I've met many people who have been blue belts for several years.

>tfw when always wore my head gear even in practice because i dreaded having cauliflower ears.

It takes 3 seconds to become a black belt
>step 1: put the fucking black belt on
you don't learn anything that'll actually help you after the initial thought that every fight will be sporadic and the first one to do damage will usually end up winning unless the faggot who starts shit is a pussy.
After that it's just a lot of experience that comes from ACTUAL fights, not hypothetical situations against people you could never actually beat in a real fight.
I did that shit for about a month and trained with a room full of dudes who could've all beaten the shit out of me with one arm tied behind their back.
Physical fitness matters just as much as genetics and experience.
If your daddy had a weak chin
and you got a weak chin
guess what bitch
you're gonna get knocked the fuck out
if you're weak and never lift bro
and you try to fight someone who does
I don't give a fuck if you know how to do a flying arm bar, that motherfucker is gonna slam you like Hulk did to Loki in The Avengers
and last but definitely not least, if you've never gotten your ass whooped or whooped someone's ass
you're probably gonna get beat like an old rug.
Do yourself a favor and go back to playing Mortal Kombat

I only did 1-2 seniors/masters tournies. Never once saw a drug screen.

I think its because they are older and want to prove something. And tbh most of the roiders think they are hot shit when in reality they are nut jobs with like 3 months exp trying to get an edge over people that have been wrestling for the btter part of half their life.

Usually if I face one I try to end it in a saturday night ride just to embarrass them.

are refs less strict in those events?

>references The Avengers
>tells you to go back to playing Mortal Kombat

Ehh they still follow guidelines, most refs are wrestlers so they give leeway in situations.

Like when they see sum roid monkey vs a natty, they tend to know what the situation is and call less sketchy shit. But what are you referring to less strict. Freestyle your can pretty do w/e you want apart from like gouging, pinching biting.

Makes sense. I was just wondering because if a roided cunt is out to prove himself and doesn't have as much skill as a natty I assumed he would try to bend the rules, use illegal moves etc.

Again there aren't many rules in freestyle. Like look at back arch tosses. I've seen people get wrecked from these.

But yea greco they call more shit out. Freestyle its pretty much what the name implies.

you ever had a street fight? if so how useful were your wrestling skills?

Ehh its good 1v1 about it. You dont need to throw a punch if you slam some one on concrete or asphalt. and being that wrestling is about take downs, you got a good shot of doing some immediate damage on the take down.

And yes I've been in a few fights at parties, a double leg slam both times ended it as they were out cold after landing on their back/head.

in every good martial art fighters are picked by weight and/or age. not by belt. i made 3-4 years judo and had just orange-green belt and won against some blue belt.

Holy fuck yes, I do train BJJ. Been training for 2 months now, still a white belt, but it's so fun, I love it.

Why are wrestlers and martial artists in general so aesthetic?

nice penta 6

fuck you nigga

Quints O.o

Because wrestling conditioning is usually insane. 2-3 hours a day minimum in season. Means being cut to show them gains in your singlet. I knew girls that joined wrestling just to have some of the guys pin them. Horn dogs man.

Nice aesthetics

This. Good fun if you go to the right gym

Also anyone who is trained will have a good chance against anyone who isn't trained.

And there is no martial art that will teach you how to have mates that come along and try to kick the other guy in the head, so talking about group fights is kinda pointless.

damn I wish I was a wrestling chad. Bet lots of guys get jelly as fuck especially in college