HOW DO YOU FIND GOD?

HOW DO YOU FIND GOD?

You find him through faith, nigger

those dead bodies are so festive

God is everywhere.

Read the New Testament, and ask God to reveal himself to you with prayer

God is a living God who is actively seeking a relationship with us, not some abstract entity that we should just read about but not know intimately

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
(Jeremiah 29:13)

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
(Matthew 7:7 NIV)

Ask people

"are you god" "are you the lord, jesus christ" "do you receive the lords word in your mind"

God wants us to murder
Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

>God is a living God who is actively seeking a relationship with us,
What kind of relationship did god have with the people in the picture? They were his creation too.

That's a lot killing there. Who has time for all that nonsense?

>Protestants dont abide by the old testament.
>The 2nd chronicles verse said they were, not to do.

Quit b8ing fucking faggot

>Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”(Matthew 7:7 NIV)
There was a knock on my door, and suddenly JESUS appeared.
I had to blow him up first.

Quit telling people what to do.

(Signed) God

>Protestants dont abide by the old testament.>The 2nd chronicles verse said they were, not to do.
So the bible is wrong?
You get to choose what you like in it and follow that then.

>hurr durr derp I don't understand anything about these verses but I'll paste them anyway just so I can tell people what I already believe
It's time to stop

First of all, Old Testament laws and commands are not binding anymore, since Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets, hence the name NEW Testament (Hint hint?)

Second of all, the commands you mentioned were only meant for a specific group of people (Israelites) in a specific period of time, so even if we were under the law (and not the grace of Christ, which is the case) we should not do those things, because it was only for the Israelites.

Stop blindly copy pasting things you know nothing about, if you want to understand, go and educate yourself instead of wasting your time trolling in ignorance.

>That's a lot killing there. Who has time for all that nonsense?
God loves killing. He's a bloodthirsty god, feed him.

which is not the case*

We are under grace

>You get to choose what you like in it and follow that then.
Actually, what you get to do is find another passage that allows you to do what you want to, then you use that to rebut the passage that says you can't do what you want to.

>First of all, Old Testament laws and commands are not binding anymore, since Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets, hence the name NEW Testament (Hint hint?)
The bible says it's true because it's in the bible.

I don't know

So death and evil exist, big surprise, what's your point? God never said his purpose for your life is to live happily and comfortably, God is not your bellboy. In any case, the very existence of evil proves God's existence, because if God didn't exist, objective good and evil as such would not even exist, and the very concept of morality makes no sense given a naturalistic and atheistic point of view.

God knows what he's doing and we are in no position to say what he ought to have done, for all we know all of those people in the picture could be in heaven, it's not our job to think about it.

You sneezing right now could cause the collapse of kingdoms in the far future for all you know, it's called the butterfly effect, but God knows, so let God take care of divine providence, and don't try to play God and pretend you're even a tiny bit as intelligent or knowing as your creator.

Pride cometh before the fall, remember. You thinking you can know better than God is prideful thinking.

Goodnight, I've had enough religious debates today, and this thread is a troll anyway, if you were serious about this topic you wouldn't be posting pictures of holocaust victims.

>So death and evil exist, big surprise, what's your point?
That there is no god, except the one in your head

>for all we know all of those people in the picture could be in heaven, it's not our job to think about it.
So you say they endured abominable pain and suffering and we should just ignore it?
You have no empathy for your fellow human, like the Nazis