Where does the hate for drug users come from...

Where does the hate for drug users come from? The majority of people can use alcohol with no problem and the same goes for all substances. I dont see the reason to hate people that use substances and get their shit done, nor do I see the reason to hate on people that have a problem. If you want to hate on shitty people for doing shitty things that just so happen to use substances, place the blame where it belongs, shitty people. You dont call Jim a fuckhead for getting a six pack and going home to watch a game because shitty people get drunk and do shitty things, why is there a double standard for other substances. Justify your hate or admit that your simple mind is easily conditioned to buy into irrational crap.

mostly fear mongering over drugs black people or other minorities used its well documented

and then the subsequent government anti drug ads, just say no, etc

>You dont call Jim a fuckhead for getting a six pack and going home to watch a game because shitty people get drunk and do shitty things
as someone who works in a liquor store, you are wrong. alcohol is a drug, and while it's effects aren't always as obvious, it can be just as bad if not worse if used in large quantities.

I don't hate drug users, I hate drug users who won't shut up about using drugs. In particular I hate the "evangelical" drug culture; drug users who believe that people who don't use drugs are just boring stiffs who need to loosen up, and are constantly trying to convince everyone around them that drug use will improve their quality of life. "Spiritual" drug users are the worst; anyone who equates a hallucinogen experience with some kind of communication with the divine needs to be set on fire and then buried alive. You didn't meet God, you haven't spoken to God, God isn't trying to tell you anything. You ingested a chemical substance that fucked up your brain chemistry and made you see weird shit for a couple of hours, that's it. If God exists I'm sure he's got better things to with his time than give revelations to unemployed burnouts.

Do whatever you want with your own time and money, but please just shut up about it already.

Cannabis is pretty amazing tho, you should smoke it everyday.

Yea I get you man. It's so frustrating when people don't understand my choice in a night out is cocaine as opposed to alcohol. I consume it less frequent than most do alcohol and yet a lot of my friends hate the fact I do it. It's the same thing except different effects

Don't care for it. Last time I smoked it gave me panic attacks for the first half hour followed by about 3 hours of mind numbing depression. I literally just sat staring at the application dock on my computer screen and thinking about how the universe is a huge empty void. Horrible experience, would not repeat. I don't understand how people could smoke that shit once a month, let alone once a day.

that's his point

damn almost opened your mind up there, that was close

Here is the way it works, a person that has never or hasn't smoked in awhile can have that effect. If you smoke it for a few day that all goes away and its smooth sailing.

This is EXACTLY the kind of smarmy arrogant stoner remark I was complaining about earlier. But whatever, have fun sitting in your apartment giggling about nothing for hours on end, I don't give a fuck.

yeah you wouldn't want to think of the universe too deeply, it might make you question a lot of shit you've gotten use to. stay away from that devil lettuce

Its the fact that drug users get addicted to drugs that they will do literally anything for a fix even fuck over their family memebers. I know a guy whos bro is a druggie and that guy stole my money from my friend and his mom, even sold some of his shit. I use to go out with a chick whose father use to use coke. He use to beat her mom in front of her and her siblings and has even sold some of her toys to keep with his addiction. Fucking sad and messed up. Same thing with alcohol and being a complete alcoholic. You become an even bigger retard when you are inebriated and soon you if you get hooked, throw away your life and ruin the lives of those closest to you.

Shitty people doing shitty things, like I said. All my friends use all kinds of shit and when they dont have anything to use, they cope with it and dont steal. You are placing the blame where it does not belong.

loool i had a similar thought

dude just needs to explore different peoples perspectives about it, not everyone who uses a drug is annoying as all heck.

it also sounds like you tried marijuana incorrectly, probably in a not so great mindset or setting and a lack of education on how to use it and what it will be doing to you. but thats just me assuming

Wouldn't setting them on fire kill them? Burying them afterwards would just be a funeral no?

I know bro, like smoking weed makes you think about like all kinds of deep stuff and shit. Like how capitalism is bad and stuff, like how if I didn't have to like stop smoking weed and go to work and stuff I wouldn't have to like pay bills or whatever and would have more time to smoke weed and be deep and shit, and like everybody would have free money and like flying cars and stuff, plus weed. Dude weed makes you like a philosopher, bro, everybody should smoke it.

Stereotyping is a sign that your brain does not function properly.

clearly we can see from that comment kek

I thought about that. My theory is that if you set them on fire and then immediately seal them up in an airtight coffin and bury them the fire would consume most of the oxygen fairly quickly and go out, leaving the person a few seconds to feel the agony of their third degree burns before suffocating.

is it? why would he be saying that alchohol is bad then asking people to justify saying that alcohol is bad?

he's saying it's just like other drugs, and if you're a shitty person you're gonna be a shitty druggie too. but people don't bring up alcohol like they do for most drugs being correlated with shit-person-syndrome

>your brain does not function properly
Marijuana literally causes your brain to function improperly.

u wot m8s?

no u

Stereotypes?
Well, there's a reason there are stereotypes out there sometimes. Matter of fact, I have met people tht prove that often it is right.

I used to do Adderall for college.
I turned into a psychopathic asshole.
I screamed at my girlfriend, manipulated people, and screamed at more people.

I currently live with a functional meth user.
She constantly tries to clean shit all the time and screams at people for things that isn't worth getting angry over. I'm moving out soon. I didn't know she was a user.

One of my other roomates is a 50 year old stoner. He got fired from his job for waking up late constantly and missing work. It's no surprise to me because he stays up all night watching TV and getting high. Now, he's collecting unemployment and not bothering to look for a new job. He often likes to talk in goblletygoop and try to be intellectual all the time, always talking about how we US is not in debt and can always print more money. That everything is fixable but the government is purposely stirring the pot. (No pun intended.)

At work, sometimes we get a stoner working with us. Often times they whine about inequality, low wages, and collect food stamps. When they don't produce results for the company, they generally don't have the mind to think of a way to improve themselves. They just think it's our fault.

I once lived in a party house and drug use was very normal. I liked the company. They are pretty fun to be around sometimes, especially if I wanted to go raving. But, since I have known them, many of them have had horrible life changing mistakes. One has had a failed business, another can't find a job and fucked up his teeth. You get the point.

Stoners are lazy, stupid, and pretentious.
Methheads are angry, pretentious, and loud.

It's true. There are even psychology studies to prove it. Google: use your noodle.

>but people don't bring up alcohol like they do for most drugs being correlated with shit-person-syndrome
ah fair enough. i dunno, it's pretty fucking crazy... i have multiple regular customers who will quite easily go through multiple $4 bottles of wine every day (this is australia, so i'd expect the same bottle to cost $1-1.50 in america). i have one customer who can quite easily get down a bottle of vodka and 2-3 bottles of wine in a day, and he does this regularly, anything less than 3 times a week is a good week for him.

maybe it's because i see the worst of it that i call it what it is, but i find it very hard to have any sympathy for these kinds of people (and dependent users of other drugs) .

oh well

no need to have sympathy for them. i do think a lot of the 'bad' drug/alcohol abusers are those with addictive personalities, no discipline, bad self control and so on, and would be just as useless if they were using any other substance. certain drugs like heroin/cocaine/alcohol are much worse than others, but these people are shitheads with marijuana too.

i enjoy marijuana before bed a couple of days a week and i am none of the things you describe

i get your point but stereotyping does nothing

100% man. my ex was addicted to weed, she thought it helped her cope with her multiple mental issues but all i ever saw was a weak, immature, unmotivated loser looking for the easy way out.

i'm not religious, but i definitely go by "god helps those who help themselves", so it might sound harsh, but fuck them, if they wanna sit around all day and abuse a substance like and others talk about, it pisses me off to let them but i know they'll get what's coming to them eventually.

Stereotyping is a normal form of reasoning.
It's really just a way to approximate an outcome.
For instance, we often assume we'd wake up the next morning before falling asleep. The likelyhood of it is high. There is also a chance that we wont. Perhaps the apocolypse happens that night, or a missle strike hits your house, or you choke on your own spit. It's all about probability.

Unfortunately there is a vast demographic of individuals who don't understand that all deductions are really just probabilities. Therefore, you get those who believe in absolute sweeping generalizations; a static true and never false: no one's gonna shit on my car's windshield while I sleep tonight.

Anyway, stuff of that and blah.

i smoked weed about 3-4 times a day when i was in college (UCLA), ditched a lot of unnecessary lectures, passed every class and made it to every test/necessary class without problems. graduated on time while a lot of my peers who don't smoke ended up needing a year or more extra. after i moved back home, i got focused on my career and don't have the time to smoke so I just don't. it's ridiculously easy for me to get my shit done and not crave any substance to the point that i need to have it.

so I just can't understand how these lazy ass faggots' brains work or how they're wired if it's somehow so much harder for them.

not him but its crazy how everyone is different right?

Let me brake down this argument for you.

I was stoned throughout college.
I ditched classes.
I graduated.
The sober guys took a couple more years to graduate.

Therefore, I'm better than you.
I can't understand why you guys suck.
Fuck yea! UCLA!

There are other variables to your problem.
What's your major?
Socioeconomic background?
School attended before college?
Were you stoned at that time?

One thing you have to zero in on, if what you're saying is true, is that you are an exeption to the rule: the stereo type.
Congradulations, you are the chosen one.

I'm a medical (for autoimmune disease) and recreational marijuana user (just for enjoyment with me and some buddies).

I live in a legal state so things are getting better, but there's a lot of the stoner culture i dislike that i think stems from both the thug gangster rap culture and the culture of it surrounding its illegality. There's a lot of "stoners" I hate being around cause they act irresponsible and obnoxious. The fact weed is expensive and valuable to resell illegally brings the worst out in people with greedy tendencies.

The culture of harder substances doesn't help either, aside from their general use dangers. The fact of rappers and some poppy rock stars glorify a lifestyle of being a decaying blob and a good percentage of the masses buying into it shows how low our society has become.

I really gotta touch up on my writing skills.
Puctuations and shit are all wonky.
Not that it matters on this board anyway.

People also make you sound tough now if you're into hard drugs and you sell shit to "hustle" and they justify crimes like stealing to "get by".

"Don't hate on another man's hustle", fucking stupid lol.

The way I see it is, everything we have can be ether used for good or bad. It really is up to each individual. Do they have the mind to decide if it is? That's often not the case in my opinion. Should we make the decision for them? It depends...

Depending on? Well, I'm too lazy to get into such a thing at the moment. All I can say is I think capitalism will work its magic. God designed this place we're stuck in so well.

i'm not saying it like FUCK YEAH I'M A NIGGER YOU GUYS SUCK.

i'm just saying that there's people (it wasn't just me, my friend and roommate is the same way) who are not shitheads and thus on drugs remain not-shitheads, although I have seen both sides of it. just sharing my personal experience, because to me the drugs are not the problem, although I think that point has been driven home by now.

also to answer your questions in case you consider me for employment, i went to a great high school which helped prepare me for stress and getting shit done, I'm poor based on parent's income but live in a decent area with a decent home, and I was not stoned in high school.

There is!
How often do you see the exeption to the rule?
It really is up to the individual, but more often than not, they can't see the forest for the leaves they smoke.

Nice reducio ad absurtum.
Anyway, it was nice meeting all of you.
I've gotta jack my ego off somewhere else.
I gotta do something productive.

I smoke weed everyday, I will go sell my house and my car, and I will even quit my job. I will go lay in the gutter so that I can fit the mold of what a cannabis user is.