Munitions nerd reporting in, ask anything

Munitions nerd reporting in, ask anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x54/
gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/308/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the best ammo to kill niggers?

Hollow point of caliber of your choosing, presuming your standard chimpout (no need to penetrate armour)

>No Federal HST

nigga you a basic bitch

How is it going through life with a tiny penis?

What's the one on the left for?

Why are you so obsessed with cock?

ey, it was a quick google for the picture, asking for actually good questions that make me think, unlike the usual "what kills a man" well fuck, if you're a good shot .22 gets the job done.

you have .50bmg cause i have.?

Can someone explain what each of these bullets is used for?

No true idea, but thats the most useful round. Middle one is HUE and the rightmost one is HUEHUEHUE for no real effect.

frosted butts

Oh, obviously. Should've realised.

>Munitions nerd
You meant autistic

I just like all things war.

What does DU do to a round of ammo?

Makes it heavier and denser, penetrates more and hits with more inertia

Looks like a rubber or plastic round for anti riot. Middle looks like a flechette.

1 and 2 from left are intended to penetrate armour
3 from left is a fragramentonal intended to cause larger wounds.

you're lost son, this isn't /k/
go on before someone hurts your feelings and you have to shoot up a school or some faggot shit

I assume you mean Depleted Uranium with that.

To put it short, the round ignites the shards it creates when hitting a harder material, creating inciendary shrapnel. Also it penetrates various armour really well, thanks to the high weight of the round.

im drunk, bored and "alone" at a computer. Maybe someone has a good question regarding home-made body armor or some shit, dunno. Bored, Drunk.

What's the largest caliber you've shoved up your ass?

Did you seal the primer on the s&b yourself? Mine didn't come that way.

as i said, it was just a pic off google.
What i really would like to see is someone drill a hole and apply a tungsten rod into a round like that one and test it against kevlar, maybe even the low-quality (IJN 2-3) ballistic plating

wait, too runk... DRUNK* what the fuck was the standard of armour protection for infantry anyways

Heh okay mr. not ATF, brb, making ap rounds!

best subsonic ammo? (both in the quietest and the most powerfull, range doesnt matter)

9mm corbon DPX
Literally the best ammo. The only complaint anyone ever has is that it's expensive as fuck.

Quietest is a matter of not breaching the speed of sound. Most powerful - the heaviest, pretty much. Depleted uranium if you're working for the government, if not, tungsten and then downwards. Just make the round slower than the speed of sound and as heavy as possible and you're golden.

152mm HE shell

.45 230gr

What round and caliber from what gun would you use to produce no exit wound and less mess

.380 HP.

>
prob gonna have to poison him at that point.

as low power as possible. .22 from a pistol would be a good one. Here, more power equals more penetration and that is what you do not want. Lightest bullet and lightest powder load is what you DO want.

what's the ideal barrel length for a 9mm carbine? (highest attainable velocity without being 20 feet long or gaining 1 m/s for every additional inch)

How do I shot bullet?

It depends what kind of rounds you're using, but barrel length doesn't add much velocity to handgun rounds.

Why doesn't my gun shoot?? It's loaded and everything

9mm or 45acp?

Pistol rounds do not go well with that kind of math. Take a handgun that fits your hand and gun with that. When you start to think about barrel length and bullet velocities, switch to rifles...

.45acp if you land the shots, 9mm if you are not so sure about your gun handling under pressure - more rounds, more room to fuck shit up.

Oddly enough I am more accurate with 45 than 9mm. Nothing compares with that sweet 1911 trigger.

9mm.
HP, which everyone should carry, lend nearly identical results in expansion, but 9mm has less recoil and higher velocity.
Only COD fags and fudds prefer FERTY FIVE STOPAN POWUH!

Kek

Cheaply available hollow points, because if you shoot one, there's guaranteed to be more niggers coming. I recommend 40S&W for pistol, and .223/5.56 coupled with a decent semi auto. Have lots of mags on you for the horde

That image accurately portrays /k/.

Shooting at range, i highly agree with you. For self-defence purposes, though, i would go with a 20-round magazine of 9mm though.

If you can't get it done with 7, another 13 is unlikely to help.

Confirmed for not living in CA our NY.

the memories man, the memories

Best round for self-inflicted headshot?

>I'm a faggot who likens self-defense to hunting

Kill yourself with pain killers.

Overdose is an incredibly unreliable method. I don't feel like waking up and having to explain myself.

If you're shooting out in a pitch black home, or in a situation where many people are involved like a riot, 20 rounds will come in handy

If anyone here is looking for real information please do not listen to these people. Find a competent person to train you. If you're still having the 45/40/9 debate then you don't belong in the community.
Source: me, professional law enforcement armorer and law enforcement firearms trainer. Trained hundred of officers and put more rounds down range in a year than 99% of people do in a lifetime

OP, identify these or gtfo.

At that point you brought a pistol to a sub machine fight.

It's an assault machine gun

Self-defence usually boils down to make the chimp go "fuck this, bad idea". It is achievable through multiple means, couple of pistol rounds (9mm or .45) to chest (there is no instant kill, no matter the round unless you go 20mm+)

or making the neighbourhood sound like the 6.6.1944.

More rounds equals to more noises of hurt, in nigga terms.

Kill yourself pig sympathizer

I'm not OP, and not a /k/ommando or gun nerd of any sort, just a filthy casual, but wouldn't that be kinda hard from that pic?

Moron.
I bet you say "45 will blow a man's arm off. 9mm is pussy shit."
Your type is dense as brick.

>No 1911
Faggot

You are assuming that is the extent of the collection...

May as well take as many with you before the chimps gun you down and curb stomp you to death.

I am a pig and pig sympathizer. Naw I'm not gonna kill myself. I'm gonna keep making good money teaching cops how to put lead into chest cavities of worthless scum like you.

Incorrect.
It's a safety rifle.

Did you just acknowledge that police are trained to murder civilians?

Tough guy behind a computer screen.
I'd drop you like a sack of bricks.

Police are trained to execute their duty when confronted with lethal force

#BlackLivesMatter

Then do it legally. Many states have passed legislation.
Not OP but I'll guess
AR
Glock 19, M9/92fs, some Walther?, Barreta bobcat?
S&W 442?, S&W 460?, Sig p250
Ruger Super Redhawk, Ruger something, Walther PPQ
>there is no instant kill, no matter the round unless you go 20mm+
wat

>bullets are too big
>expand magazine capacity
>profit

Correction: police are trained to execute unarmed civilians with the slightest possibility that a threat may exist.

Nope not a tough guy. I don't walk around making threats like a little bitch. I do my job and don't fuck with people but I dont walk around scared. Point a gun at me and see how long you stay standing.

>Then do it legally. Many states have passed legislation.
I'm in one of those states but you have to be terminally ill.

Water leaked on 1000 rounds. How fucked am I ?

Sorry for being unclear, im drunk, forgive me. If you shoot someone in the chest, for an "instant kill" you need a cannon, not a rifle. Its hard to speak to CoD- audience and to people who know way more than i do.

How many police confrontations happen in a day? Tens of thousands. How many "murdered civilians?"
Stop drinking the Kool aid man.

Trips checked
They are worthless now

Hey OP, what do you think about the refusal of gun owners to adapt to the more recent superior calibers (.458 SOCOM for animal defense, hunting, etc and 10mm for all purpose handgun)?

>556 speaks truth

Fat Whore who needs to be put in her place
Kik: pressulikesomejuice

>implying niggers won't scatter like cockroaches at the sound of a gun
Kek it's like you think they're humans

Any bullet delivered to central nervous system is an instant shut down. Lower brain/stem and it's over. Brain stem is upper chest/lower neck.

just use a dremel and it will come right off.
next time don't store steel as long term stock ammo.

for self defense, would a 357 or 44 be better?

I would love to see a "self defence" clip of chimps invading something and hearing the lovely CHAK-CHAK- of a shotgun

Pretty well done:
Colt 6920
G19, Beretta M9, Ruger SR22, Beretta bobcat
SW442, Ruger sp101, Sig220
SW460ES, sw686p, HK Vp9

Yeah, sometimes they shoot back.

What does the grain mean on 556 and 223?

Is a higher or lower grain better and why?

Eh this is what I'm talking about.
You're walking into a life and death situation that are commonly over in less than 3 seconds with an empty chamber or you're dropping a round on the ground out of an already rounds limited weapon. This is fantasy.

Grain is a measure of weight, 7000 grains in a pound.

That`s what i thought.

Throw that shot out. You're gunna get a squib and kill yourself.
Most intermediate rounds CAN kill if the pierce the heart.
Not your personal army.
Id she's in the wrong, the best thing you can do is live your life happily without her.
Neat. Sigs and brands of revolvers all look the same to me.
Bullet weight. Find out what your barrels twist rate is and certain rounds will do better in them.

Bake them outside on a summer day. Test a few. Don't buy steel case again keep them in a container?

Maybe not relevant, but is it worth getting one of those super cheap 303 Lee-Enfields from WW1 or is that shit just way too out of date (not for self-defense or anything but for like target practice and hunting).

My barrel twist is 7:1. It is chambered in 5,56
5.56 is too pricy for my blood.

What grain of 223 should I use for accuracy at 50 yards?

What's your opinion on the 7.62x54R round?

Dremal on 1000 rds ? Not. Yea i fucked up with the steel.

I carry a 9mm most of the time, but "similar expansion" is some bullshit

Almost anything will stabilize in a 1/7 twist 5.56 barrel. Most anything will hit at 50 yards. pick whatever offers the terminal performance you want.

Augh. try to sound coherent when drunk.
Yes, if you pierce the heart someone is dead very quickly - no matter the caliber. You want someone dead the instant you hit them, you need a very, very, large gun. that was my point, sorry for being unclear.

What i meant was i would really like to see a video of the sound of dat "chak-chak" or anything else sounding like death, for the effect on the intruders hearing the sound of "fuck, that hurts like 9/11 on a personal level"

Bah, your cryptic answers are no help.

Im just gonna stick to cheap fmj rounds

You haven't primed the rounds. Get a nail and a hammer and make a small indentation into the center circle of the back of the bullet

Go with .45 ACP FMJ 250 grain...any good quality make will do. Even loaded +P, .45 ACP will typically not go above speed of sound which is what really makes the difference for sound.

OP can you please answer?

If its classified as a firearm, and you aim at the SIDE of your head, youre going to be at the other side faster than i can reply. I strongly urge you to reconsider, though.

There are much easier and less messy ways of killing yourself lol, and I don't think OP want's you blood on his hands.

They're fine if you want a milsurp gun for fun.
Bt modern bolt guns are more accurate and the ammo is gunna be expensive and hard to find.
Below 100 yards it's pretty much all the same.
If you have an AR, try to not buy steel cased, but if you do, only buy Wolf. Tula is garbage.
But 55 grain is fine.
lake city brass is the cheap stuff you buy in bulk, but PMC brass is very reliable.
Surplus has "dried up". The only countries that have a lot of it are Ukraine, Russia, and China.
We can't import from China or Russia, and Ukraine is at war.
So it could be a while before we get any more cheap stuff.
But .308 performs about the same, and costs less.
Plus you can find semi-autos for cheaper.
DON'T DO THIS.
Usually I'd find this funny, but there are people here who admit to knowing nothing and aren't smart enough to know better.
That's a difference of less than a cm.

what's the best 5 most common munitions to carry in the us in case of Nigger war

Hey OP, I'm getting a charter arms bulldog for CC and self defense, but im torn between the 73520 and the 74420 model. They're both 20.1 ounces but the .44 is longer than the .357, but i want to know between ammo cost and recoil which would be better

Like on the side behind the ear?

You don't need five.
>5.56
>9mm
Maybe
>12 gauge
But cause you asked
>.308
>.22lr

But in any situation, you're just going to have one long gun and a side arm.

How hard would it be to smash your brain with a bullet... But dont, just try to live innawoods or something. Could be fun, and i guess you have nothing to lose trying.

Wise words. Yankees being NATO compliant in everything, 9mm and 5.56 NATO are the most important.

Where is the cheapest place to get 20mm cans?

OP confirmed for a complete idiot.
We still import from the Ukraine.
Surplus is no where near dried up
.308 does not cost less
>semi-autos for cheaper
Nigger, do you even PSL
The fuck outta here with your bullshit, son.
>>>k

Consciousness is a fucking nightmare to me, man. I appreciate the concern though.

dat aint OP, bro

May i ask how old are you?

No longer cheap surplus, so now you have to justify its super oldness.

Overall all those ww1-ww2 full size cartridges are generally similar in the end nowadays will modern manufacturing standards.

I know what you were thinking but for me it's only gotten worse.

You should join the Kurds and die killing ISIS or something.
I'm not OP.
Yes. But the surplus x54r is being used in the war. Commercial ammo is not.
Yes it is. Check the links and see if you can find any available. gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x54/
Yes, it does. gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/308/
Yes, they do. PSLs go for $1,200+, FALs, VEPRs, and C308s can all be found for under a grand.

Stop posting.

You're an idiot.

Lake city. Thanks

no u

>Ill retort with an insult
>got him

It hasnt gone any better for me either. But i still hold hope for technology to allow me to forget 100% my life. Alcohol, shrooms, anything to help me forget... Me.
If you want a "full-caliber" long rifle round, and you live in the western world, go for 7.62x51 NATO.

Ok fags everyone has the biggest dick, get back on topic.Is this recyclable ? and how ?

No.
If you wanna go through each box you have and check them, feel free.
But if one round has been affected, throw the box out.

I've heard "gun experts", including law enforcement agents, claim that 2.23/5.56 "tumble" through the air.

They don't tumble through the air. The reason they cause so much damage (for their size), as you know - is because of the energy behind the round.

Why do "professionals" claim that these rounds 'tumble' through the air?

Dude you're not using this shit for self defense so what the fuck does it matter? Brush off the rust and try them goddamn.

As you've already illustrated these people are not "fun experts", or they were talking about terminal ballistics in humans, in which case they DO tumble.

AFAIK 5.56 and 5.45 and similar calibers "tumble" after hitting something soft,like a human being, and thus creating a larger wound cavity than a similar round would normally create. But if a round "tumbles" through air, something has gone very,very wrong.

Why isn't there more caseless ammo in use?

Well, they do tumble through objects, like flesh.
Did they mean "people" instead of "air"?
Also cops are notorious for thinking they know more than they actually do.
The rounds can be rusted through or have water on them causing them to partially burn.
Partial burns can cause squibs.
Squibs can cause death.
Don't fuck around with squibs.
It's not reliable.
Also, brass works fine.

What about glaser?

Is there a way to recycle powder and tips/bullet ?

SIG P210

What's the hottest load I can get a 7.62 in?

I've got a hot load for you.

I guess.
It's probably the case that's fucked up.
Do you handload?

very nice tittties. you hasmoar?

Playing tanks too much?

All 7.62 rounds have the same pressure.
Well, between the same round.
As in all 7.62x51/308 have the same pressure.
All 7.62x54, and all 7.62x39, and all 7.62x25.
etc.
.223/5.56 is unique to rifle rounds in that it has different pressures.
Some revolver rounds have different pressures though.
Like .38 special and .357 magnum. and 44 special and 44 magnum.

I figured Grains had to do with propellant loads but supposedly it's just how heavy the round is. Ah well.