How do you not appear clingy / needy / desperate when you actually are?

how do you not appear clingy / needy / desperate when you actually are?

k

Mature to a point beyond desperation.

Limit your sentences down, stick to only caring about essentials, occupy your time with other shit you like.

avoid people.

I've found never apologizing to have done wonders for me. Never. Ever. Apologize about anything to anyone. Don't apologize for who you are.

You should apologize for giving such shitty advice.

own that shit. some chicks will love it and manipulate it. u must realize u r ur own puppet master tho.

Past few years have been pretty lonely for me.
Ever since I graduated from high school, I have not had any real friends. I even convinced myself that I am better off alone, and that I don't need others around to be happy
A couple months ago, I started feeling really depressed that I don't even have anyone to talk to. So I decided to start trying online dating.
There have been a couple of girls that I hit it off alright with, but if someone actually shows some interest in me, I take it too far, and scare them away...

suck the peeper and it wont be mad

Got moar of her?

practice being laconic. try to avoid speaking unecessarily. i've done this for years naturally because i'm shy and i don't really like talking to strangers. usually people will assume you don't like them, aren't interested in them, or are an asshole, but i've never been described as needy because of it.

also if you are a person who calls people over and over if they don't return your call or text or whatever within a short period, stop doing that and either place something like a week in between phone/texting or force yourself not to follow up at all.

Yea this leads me to continue having no friends...

If I lose my phone for a week, I will have no missed messages

You cannot.

Post moar of this bitch please.

you can make plenty of friends and still be a person of fewer words. During a period of time I was forcing myself into social situations to overcome social anxieties, those were aspects of my demeanor and I was making a lot of friends and spending time with groups of people on a regular basis.

Do you know what parts of your demeanor are leading others to think of you as needy or clingy?

Bumping

Well I have a ton of free time. I only work 3 days a week, so I have 4 days to myself. I can entertain myself for a day or two if I have to, but the list of people I can talk to is very short, so I try to keep in contact and message people as often as I can without being annoying. But I always get the constant "I'm busy" excuse, and I never manage to get out of the house to do anything...

It's like there are people who don't mind me, but no one who would really call me their friend that they like to be around. Maybe a last resort

what kind of hobbies or interests do you have?

I play music, I practice quite a few instruments on a regular basis. I would normally say I like video games too, but I get too depressed when I spend all my time on them now.

I work graveyard shifts, so it is hard to find anyone who shares my schedule, or interest in going for late night walks...

what kind of instruments? music can be a great way to spend time with other people, if you can find compatible musicians.

I play a lot of guitar, bass, and drums for most of the time. I don't know where to meet other musicians though..

is your location urban enough to have much of a live music scene?

also what kind of music do you play or listen to?

bump

I live in a pretty busy city I guess. I have never gone to a local show though though. I normally don't ever have a reason to go out anywhere, and dont even know where I would find anything fun.
I mostly listen to rock/metal.

you should really consider going to some live shows, even if they're only somewhat interesting. Musicians like music, and your chances of meeting another musician will improve dramatically if you place yourself in situations where they are likely to be.

for local bands, you can check out their website, facebook, whatever, and that will also provide an avenue for meeting other musicians who are interested in the same kind of music by tapping into their community of fans.

ALSO, check out craigslist.org > community > musicians and you can find other musicians who are looking for a band, people to jam with, or bands looking for members.

Im so sorry, friend. This is a very sad story. Id take you and hangout with you if we lived close enough, i wouldnt care :/. I know those feels.