How man hours per week do you work/b/? I work 90-110 a week and I always feel like shit...

How man hours per week do you work/b/? I work 90-110 a week and I always feel like shit. I understand that 40 hours is considered to be the standard, I'm just curious how much people actually work.

darude sandstorm

darude sandstorm

>darude sandstorm

Darude sandnigger

my job really differs based on the week, this week has been ok, but a month ago I did 169 hours... I counted

liar

i work 30-40 hours per week at my sales job and make about $65-75k per year. i've been ubering for 20-30 hours per week the last month and making $500 per week doing that, and plan to do the same for the next 3 months until it starts snowing a ton. Should make $6-8k more doing that.

Do you have 2 jobs or something?

What do you do that even allows you to work those sort of hours? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to work you over 60 in the US. And every hour over 40 you have to get paid 150% of your hourly wage.

But what sucks are those jobs that are either salary or by the part, than you really don't get that much of of a benefit (none if salaried) for working over 40.

That's where they get you. A lot of retail management jobs are salary and they might work you up to 60 hours a week (without a cent of extra pay for it). When they do this the grunt laborers are actually making more per hour.

Standard is 40. Nearly everyone in the US who is full time works 40 hours a week. They don't like working you over if they can avoid it because then they have to pay time and a half wages.

What third world nation do you live in where 90-110 is the norm?

fuck this girl is freaking hot

Is that 500 a week before or after expenditures (gas)? Also where do you live and what are you averaging an hour for ubering.

I'm thinking of doing it.

it's not remotely normal.

i'm associate in a startup and used to work up to 80h a week max. It went down to 40h because you can't keep this rhythm for years either in the field.

36hrs.
I earn 70k/year but this year I'll do at least 76.

I'm 24.

According to my contract, 40.
Real work? Maybe 30ish.

I went from working 60 hours a week poth physical labor jobs to sitting on my ass all day for weeks now. I am starting new job in November but shits cash now. Don't work too much it steals your soul unless you love working but still 40 hours max for me now.

48h, hate it so gonna leave soon probably

>thinks it's illegal to work over 60 hours in the US
>doesn't know what salary is
>only experience is with retail

Go back to being 14 you fucking faggot.

I work 7 days in a row and then 2 off, next 7 days more and 5 days off. At the end of the month is like working 40h/week.

I do 29.000€ a year.

80-100 hours a week. I'm a surgery resident, so it's expected.

>0
Also this a lot of people work 2 jobs and need to work over 60

30-40ish. sometimes it goes up or down. work for fortune 5 company, in IT.

I work about 20 hours a week and last year I pulled down about 15,000 bucks.

Some faggots are lucky some faggots are not, you should try to work all kind of jobs, gives you a lot of perspective.

>The US healthcare system thinks this is safe
Aussie doc reporting in

Averaging 55-60 a week. Crazy thing is its a PART TIME job and just a week ago I worked a 32 hour shift. I was scheduled to work even longer then that however once I finished one store I called out the other because I was so tired it was unsafe to drive to the next. A coworker literally dropped me off at my house.
Would have been a 37-40 hour shift if I kept going.

>What third world nation do you live in where 90-110 is the norm?

Wall Street

I don't know about the resident duties, but I know my uncle was surgeon in a trauma ward and he worked 4 days on, 3 days off. But here's the thing, they allowed time to nap, eat whatever in the 4 days on.... so time spent on the job working would be a small fraction of that.

Granted, it's an exremely rough skilled profession when you're actually working so you deserve the off time...

40 hours a week, actual work? More like 5 hours a week. I get paid to sit around on my ass all day and pretend to know what im doing. Live in the uk and new candidate is proposing a 6 hour working day.

Cos its not really 8 hours a day, its 2 hours in the morning, hour of lunch and half an hour getting home so more like 11 hours. If i get home at 6 i get 4 hours to myself of which im too tired to do shit.

Im glad i dont have a family or anyone who relies on me though

I should mention I am a college student and work as a bike courier.

Bullshit. Traders just spend maybe a couple hours tops a day actually working. Mostly just checking their phones periodically as they do other things.

A broker might spend a bit more.... but it's no fucking 100 hours a week any way you look at it.

How the fuck can you stand working 90-110 hours a week? What do you even do?

Most I've ever worked was 75 hours in one week, the average was 50-60 which wasn't too awful. That even sucked because it took away a lot of my personal time. I'd still go out and do the things I love, just didn't have nearly as much time for it.

My current job I only do actual work for 2-4 hours a day, and make 200-300$/day. Clearly I'm not rich, but $1000-1500 a week for a maximum of about 22 hours/week I'd say is pretty good. Not including the few hours of extra shit I normally do after work. I never work more than 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and average about $1700-1800 a week total.

Unless you're making serious fucking money, I'd say it's time to look for a new job Cred Forumsro.

When I was head chef in a reasonably busy kitchen in Melbourne, I would be clocking at least 80 hours a week. I was on a salary so I didn't get paid a huge amount, but that's the type of hours you expect to do.

30 hours a week, 6 hours a day, from 11am to 5pm. Weekends off.

It is true that you're allowed to do that while on call.
However, unless you're training in some bumfuck nowhere hospital with 50 beds or you're a consultant you'd be up all night putting out small fires.

Roster system is shithouse anyway. Dunno why surgeons are so keen to do it when literally every other department uses shift based systems these days.

>I secretly think surgeons make themselves suffer so they feel manly

Flatbed truck driver I'm on electro,if log book.I think d.o.t. going make everybody go 2 it soon.After 70 hours in 8 days must take 36 hours off 2 reset.Also second log in have 14 hours 11 drive 3 other shit loading,unloading,fuel,breaks, then have take 10 off to reset.The computer knows if truck is moving.

it changes between 27-42 hours a week I'm full time but it's a zero hour contract I just finished a 12-hour shift, I work in a small cinema so my job just depends on if a big film is out.

Where do you work/what do you do? A lot of you are making a shit ton more than I make.

Before gas. I usually work Monday and Wednesday from 4-10/11 and try to make about $75 and then on Friday and Saturday go from 4-3 and try to make $150. So that averages out to $450 plus cash tips. I usually use half a tank of gas on Monday and Wednesday and a full take on Friday and Saturday. Costs me maybe $50-75/wk in gas. I live in Cleveland.

Be smart. Be nice to people. Have a decent, clean car.

You meet interesting people and make decent money. Learn about all the shit in your city you didn't know was there.

It's about as safe as working half as many hours and having twice as many hand offs.

What do you do and can I come work with you

So lets say you fall in the middle and work 100 hours, and also lets assume you have Sunday off, that means you work almost 17 hours a day? What the fuck, what do you do?

I'm a student and while studying I work around 15 hours a week so maybe I'm just not on your level, but that sounds almost illegal to be honest.

I'm a lead agent at the airport making shit pay ($11/hr) working about 30 hours/week. We have 4 flights a day and shifts are 11 hours long (10 hours paid.) In reality, I work 4 hours/day and even then 30 min of that work is spent waiting for the gate agents to finish boarding people. It's the easiest job I've ever fucking had but it just doesn't pay shit. Anyways I live in NY and make about $290 a week.

>Bullshit. Traders just spend maybe a couple hours tops a day actually working. Mostly just checking their phones periodically as they do other things.
>A broker might spend a bit more.... but it's no fucking 100 hours a week any way you look at it.
Also none of the fuckers on Cred Forums are fucking traders or brokers.

110 hours a week is bullshit, there's 168 hours in a week, this means you'd have 58 hours to get food, eat, sleep and transport to/from work. There's no way in hell you'd have time for Cred Forums in there.

Lurk Moar OP.

Literally impossibru

>Americans actually believe this
Your health system treats both you and your patients like shit for your corporate overlords.

But go on. Keep trying to rationalise it.

I usually work 25-30 hours a week and make about $750 a week. Only make about $32,000 a year the past few years but take lots of time off for trips, a week or 2 off every 4-6 weeks. I love this lifestyle but I can't imagine having kids with it, let alone planning for anything after being 30

t.waiter

nig you better mean for the whole month

Basically just travel around and load 53 foot trailers with hay to be resold for a massive profit on my bosses part. Just me and one other guy doing it, we usually load 2 or 3 trailers a day, never really takes more than 4 hours unless something really goes wrong, but it rarely ever does. He pays well because of how much he makes off it and the fact that we work fast and cram as many bales into the loads as humanly possible.

And I do a little bit of carpentry on the side, building fences and shit like that mostly. Some of it for my boss for his multiple rental properties, some of it through my buddy who does it for a living. Sometimes I'll fix up the apartments or paint as well. All of it is on my own time though, so say I had a 4 hour day with the hay I'll do 3-4 hours with the side job and then go home. Nobody cares as long as it's done within a certain time frame and I usually always beat the deadline anyway.

Most of us as a resident aren't doing that until you're higher up. I'm usually doing 12-16 hrs/day (I have to sleep at home), some call shifts occasionally at night where I might be able to sleep a few hours, and work usually 12 days on, 2 days off.

Wtf do you do?
Fucking oil & gas people who work in remote locations work less than 90 hrs a week

Well op, feel lucky you have a job and are making money.

I once worked 96 hours a week for 8months straight in a foundry. The first few weeks was tough. But then the body just gets used to the 16hour days. Money was good and life was good too. But now I'm jobless and feel like shit.

I work 60 hours a week.

No, the whole world believes it. Please show me the studies that show it is dangerous for residents to work 40 hrs/wk vs 80 hrs/wk...because they don't exist. I know you want to rationalize your laziness, I know you don't want to give up your sweet gig that you have, but you're wrong. I can show you the studies that show that increased handoffs lead to more mistakes getting made. In fact, we have a nationwide study going on in American residencies to reverse a restriction that prevents interns from working over 16 hours straight, and so far the results are that working longer hours leads to no increase in mistakes.

So you only had 1 hour off all week?

You must have really lucked out. Most laborers I know in Upstate NY don't get more than $15/hr for even intense jobs like cement work. Also, most labor jobs are only seasonal in NY.

dat math

Id happily be called lazy if it saved me 40 hours a week of my life

70-80 hours per week as a junior colorist at a vfx studio in LA. I don't mind at all because I love my job. I literally look forward to Mondays.

42.5 it's just something you have to get used to really.

I'm a chef so I can understand anyone else in hospitality working 80+ hours minimum

Kind of a shit life isn't it, wake up, work, pay bills repeat, I haven't had time for social events in years

sauce nigger

i work throughout every day because im a rancher, and i feel great because it's good work

60-80 depends on the week

Oh that's rather embarrassing

ダ失礼な砂嵐

Working for 2-3 hours per day.
I am on a fucking ship and i am commanding officer. So i usualy drink all day and do nothing.
Pay is ok, ~200 Eur/Day

Canadian Coast Guard. I'm on ship 42 days working my ass off than I get 42 days off paid vacation. Rinse and repeat.

Aren't you busy pulling Syrians out of the water so they can fuck your wife?

Fuck I'll trade, I see my house 4 hours a week, the rest I sleep at work and shower at work, considering just putting gear in storage

Hay goes all year round, and it's paid by the load not per hour. $100/load and also $10/hr for traveling, which is usually only 30 minutes at the most, occasionally more but I honestly don't care because I'm getting paid just to sit on my ass.

I don't know if my boss is bullshitting us to make us appreciate our pay or whatnot, but my he told us a while ago about another hay dealer based about an hour south of us that pays his guys half of what we make, doesn't pay for the time spent riding, who also conducts just about as much business as us. We actually met him once at one of the farms, him and his employees were just finishing up a load when we pulled up.

I don't know if it's because they travel farther, or the fact that they had an extra guy or what, but I know I wouldn't even be doing this job if the pay was half of what I'm getting now.

42 days is ok, i am doing 7 weeks on 7 weeks off.
Do u get payed at home also?

Can I get the sauce on this please?

20-30 hours a week and I make between 810-890 per week

Paid at home? Just auto into my account not sure what you mean. Honestly it's good I enjoy it. A month off is a long time.

Last month found 2 guys hiding in our lifeboat in Morocco. Police came for them and probably put em to jail.

im a student
16-32 hour contract a week
make roughly 200 euro a week

I only get payed when on board. When on the shore leave - no money.

Oh that sucks
I'm salary so I have a monthly income at sea or ashore. There is added sea pay while I'm at sea. So what are you suppose to do for 7 weeks?

teacher here. Really depends on amount of work to grade, whether you're on evaluation and being observed, if it's a lesson-heavy week and not projects etc. I'd say about 60-70 hrs/week is standard

Chemical tanker. Transporting some crazy toxic stuff. Need to use breathing apparatus on deck.

whats the name of this slut again ?

Brutal is the pay good? Where is your home port?

I've worked maybe 9 hours in the month of September. Made ~5k.

Will be making somewhere between 10k and 15k tomorrow in between 5am to 8:45am depending on when I wake up.

Not bad.

From 1994 to 2012 I worked 20 hours a week. Now I'm disabled and don't do shit.

Buncha slaves!

$105k/yr
6 hour workday + 1 week of 24/7 on-call every 2 months

200 Eur/Day
Home port Malta, trade region is Europe (mostly)

go on...

17 hours is offcially the legal limit of what a job can ask of you. youre allowed to work more, but they cant use it against you if you dont

sasha foxxx

How many days at sea of those 7 weeks? Mostly port hoping or long voyages?

25 hours per week, 38 is standard here and 48 is the maximum you can work

What Navy?

thanks fam

Sauce ´?

Are you me minus the uber job? My base salary is 65k, I usually work about 36 hours a week. Inside valve sales.

Usualy about 2 day voyages. In port we stay about 10 hours.
And what you do on your Coast Guard ships? Just monitoring coastalwaters?

Not irish by any chance?

40-60 and sometimes more. But thats how salary jobs go sometimes

I get paid for 40 hours a week but at the most I have to put in about 8 hours a week of actual work. Gets pretty boring but the pay and benefits are good.

Tfw 0 but I want to work 100

Fucking this
I work 39 hours per week but it's like whole life is about being capable of doing this work. Get up for work, dress up for work, eat so you don't die, Drive to work, work, Drive home, too tiree to do shit because of work, go early to bed to be fit for work. The few hours left for myself per day just aren't enough.
I think not hating the job you're doing would make things a lot easier.

do you work for the government?

I am at work and getting paid for 40 hours but I can't imagine I do more than 10 hours a week of actual, real work. And our IT guy is a fucking jew so we're not allowed to look at any sites that aren't news or so niche that no one's heard of it enough to put it on the firewall.

Mostly charting and soundings I'm a nav officer it's all deep arctic

Zero.

I would like to do this 20+ hours a week as a job. Im afraid I wouldnt make enough money though, so I dont make the leap.

Normies. Normies everywhere.
>not being a NEET who lives off of junk food

I average 55hrs/week. However I routinely hit 70-80. I went 2 months straight with 90-115hrs/wk.

Wake up, go to work, get home, shower, bed. 16hr days 7 days a week.

Those are the worst. I didn't mind when I was hourly because my paychecks would be $4k takehome / wk. But sadly I got put on salary and they based it off 50. There went a solid $30k/yr. :(

I'm a truck driver. legally I work between 60-70 hours a week. But it's quite a bit different from a normal job. You spend a few hours dealing with shipping/receiving workers to pick up or deliver your load, then you drive all day until your timer has almost run out and look for somewhere to park and sleep. you wake up and do it again.

Imagine if your job place had a bed you slept in and you were expected to live there and work every day for 4-6 weeks before you got to go home for a few days

I'm the guy who posted the $4k/wk comment above.

Sometimes you have an insanely difficult project and you care enough to hit your timeline. I may blow anonymity saying this, but I have saved product launch dates for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, Fiat, VW, and Tesla by working insane hours.

No joke. Sometimes that involves camping out at a computer from 5am to 12am, sleeping 3 hours, and doing it again. I went an ENTIRE YEAR without taking a single day off.

Why? Because I thought I cared and I thought it was appreciated. I know better now. The industry chews you up and spits you out without giving a fuck.

"Oh, look at that chump... Make sure we have someone else on stand by when he burns out."

Worst part? When you finish a month, or in my case 20 months of workaholic level hours that would kill an average human, you find:

>Sleep problems
>Health problems
>Inability to relax
>Paranoia
>Areas of life fallen apart (relationships, house, car, etc)

All for what? A healthy bank account? Spend some of that money and people around you fucking hate you for it.

I work 40 hour weeks and make 36k a year. I'm a blue collar worker. Kill me

that's bullshit.. you wouldn't get 8 hours of sleep if you slept every second not working. when do you prepare meals/eat? when do you shower? get gas, buy groceries? no one works 110 hours a week and lives to be 30

i sell labels for warehouse logistics systems inside