I'm so done I've been trying to solve this for the past 45 minutes and I'm so frustrated I'm goddamn graduating from...

I'm so done I've been trying to solve this for the past 45 minutes and I'm so frustrated I'm goddamn graduating from engineering school next spring and this has stumped me.. so I come to Cred Forums for help.. no money but if you're a mathematician like me you'd find pleasure in tackling problems like these

Other urls found in this thread:

mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/55247.html
cut-the-knot.org/pythagoras/CirclesInCircularSegment.shtml#solution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, what's the question? How many pacmans do you see here?

Solve for r

The answer is 0.

> if you're a mathematician like me
> is an engineering *major*, doesn't even have a profession yet, but refers to himself as a mathematician
yet you can't solve the problem. go fuck yourself "mathematician"

>1

Try finding out the areas of the circle you know and workout radius from the thingy and subtract the r

I'm gonna be a civil engineer by next year sorry if I wasn't clear

Pretty sure you have to find r

What is given? What "mathematician" dumbass uses plain numbers as variables instead of r1, r2 and r3, or maybe a, b, c?

I didn't make this picture I found it here months ago... And what's given is what you see. 4 circles with 3 given radii

bump. Looks fun. I'll try.

thats the value idiot

I would have just told him to fuck his hat.

contect the center of 2, the center of 3, and the center of 2.

you now have a triangle with sides equal to:

1 + r

2 + r

now use pythagoreus's theory to solve for r

This is the single most useless post on this site...

Thats where I got.. the thing is you have to prove its a right triangle before you use pythag and I've been trying to prove it for some time now

fucking what?

R=0.875

The smallest circle is 7/8 the size of r=1 circle

holy fuck you are stupid

I think he meant to connect centers of circles 2 and 1 and r and assume it's a right triangle because that's what I did

it's not a right triangle

here you go cunt

11+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/...))))))))))))))))))

Whys that?

dubs isnt lying

sorry this is the answer

1/(1+1/(1+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/(2+1/(10+1/(2+1/(1+1/(1+1/...)))))))))))))))))))

What

I suspect he measured it with a ruler...

What's the lim on that?

Engineering fag

fucking hell measure it all, find the relation and work backwards from there - I'm no mathfag nor engineer but you should be able to tackle problems, think outside the box

What program is this

That's cheating

solidworks

solidworks

This

r = 6/7

fuck off engineering homos

check your numbers yo.....

It'll be the same just multiply by two

Civil engeneering is the easiest with no hard math. Try Electric eng. And u can call urself Close to math guy

>calculating the angle
>over defining the sketch
>not using geometric connections

so when you, the theoretical engineer fresh outta uni, are faced with a simple problem like this, you'll waste precious time dreaming up mathematical solutions instead of actually being useful in your job. id hire the guy with a meter measure..

wrong answers

correct answer

How hard is E.E?

It kind of looks like the Brotherhood of Steel logo.

Is there no way to solve this without a program?

im not going to post it you faggot do your homework yourself but the answer is 6/7

there's always a way

I'm honestly really curious please tell me

woah ur really cool dude

R=.75
Because of a system of numbers with the circles.
2 is 3/4ths of 3, then
1 is 3/4this of 2, so R is 3/4ths of 1. You could probably see the problem and solution better if you multiplied all the given numbers by 2.

>OP you're not a math kinda guy. Sorry..

Hint: herons formula

Easier than physics and math, but harder than all other engineering majors like ME, ChemE, Biomed, all of which are harder than civil.

>2 is 3/4ths of 3

Your maths sucks, faggot.

start by drawing some triangles and see if you can get 2 different equations with 2 variables and then solve for r

mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/55247.html

I stopped reading your post at "2 is 3/4 of 3"

>2 is 3/4ths of 3
>1 is 3/4this of 2
>R is 3/4ths of 1

"Center"

Is it OK if I'm a little off?

YOU FUCKEN NEWFAG

Pythagoras will help in this.

Thank you buddy! Also checked

no it wont

Any tips? I might plan to major in E.E

if you are just going to plagiarize all your homework goodluck with the rest of your study you fucking fag

.75 now fuck off

Implying any major is harder than NukE

It wasn't homework friend don't worry about me

Not a right angled triangle fucktard

5^2 = (1+r)^2 + (r+4)^2

Solve for r. Use Wolfram Alpha.

They are right by the way. cut-the-knot.org/pythagoras/CirclesInCircularSegment.shtml#solution

using fucking solidworks god damn you guys are smart

Aero checking in.

I've not seen anybody mention how the heights of both triangles are the same...

kek

Ohh cool, let me know what projects you're working on so I can stay away from them!

r=1

mate you got the answer wrong

Oh shit, meant to be 6/7

wouldn't worry about that buddy! Just in case tho let me know if you ever leave your mom's basement

It doesn't look too difficult just time consuming. Are you sure you deserve that degree OP?

I don't even know anymore. Never was a fan of optimization tbh.

This isn't flipping optimisation...

not optimization, basic geometry

what city do you plan to work in?