For those of you that have quite smoking (weed, cigs, meth, whatever), what led you to quit?

For those of you that have quite smoking (weed, cigs, meth, whatever), what led you to quit?

Poverty.

/thread

at least weed is somewhat easy to grow yourself

I used to smoke weed quite often, got to the point where it actually got annoying for me when I was high, now I just smoke every once in a while.

feeling how fucked up my lungs were when I exercised

Boredom plus huge tolerance after years of weed, it was just a stupid habit after a while that did nothing for me.

Same here it actually became a chore for me to go out and smoke nowadays I only smoke maybe once every 8 months if that

Used to smoke weed fairly often, maybe 4-5 times a week always at night. Stopped enjoying it and I noticed my personality was a bit off during the day once I had been doing it regularly for a while. Didn't like that.

Honestly, vaping

It also felt like shit waking up in the morning after being high as shit the previous night, have to constantly clear out my throat.

It makes you ok with mediocrity. Apathy is the norm. Eventually nothing is fun without it. Your night and day cycle is essentially sober and high and the days keep getting shorter.

What do you mean by personality was off?
Less social?

Exactly and that foggy hazy feeling you just wanna sleep all day

>New job
If I make a single mistake I get an immediate drug test. Not worth it.

>Singing
I'm a musician and smoking was fucking my voice up.

Is op quitting?

Indeed, that's why I don't smoke 4-8 hours before classes, usually at night - ensures me a nice rest.

Yeah less social and it seemed like I was a bit hazy and had sort of a "stoner" vibe. It's an issue because I just started med school and can't be like that. I stopped in the summer.

Currently going through this. I get pissed whenever I'm doing cardio because lately I've only re-began working out and cannot run for long without getting that burning feeling in my chest. I wasted so much time and money getting high.

Ah, I see, for the better, goodluck in med school my friend.

Had the worst hangover of my life. That day I said I will never smoke a cig again. Just the thought of a cig made me puke. This was like 8 yrs ago.

My own will.
>Smoke like a Looney toons fat bussinessman for about 5 heard
>Decide to suddenly quit from a day to the other
>Quit without regrets nor angst feeling

I quit smoking cigs and moved on to weed

My dad left New-Zealand where it costs $20 bucks to buy a gram and can vary from $300-500 just for an ounce, back to Canada where an ounce on sale costs $70. The island niggers here bring the hatred out in me

With weed and cigarettes it was because I saw how much money I was wasting. I switched to vaping so I can slowly get off nicotine. I am at 3mg right now and about to throw this shit away so I can actually spend money on things that matter. Like sex.

Also live in Canada here, it's $10 for a gram here.

Quitting cold turkey never worked for me. Those first few days my irritability was through the roof. I would be bored/angry for no reason. Plus all my friends smoke so when I am with them the temptation is too much.

Aw yes I hate when I'm smoking and it's just so noisy it wakes up the neighbors.

But really, I used to smoke weed and cigs from age 14-20. I quit smoking weed after I got in legal trouble(involving drugs but unrelated) and had to move cities and get a job. After I quit smoking weed I switched from cigs to dip, then slowly quit dipping. Feels great to not smoke cigs, you don't realize how fucking bad it is for you until you quit and feel so much better.

Also smoked heroin/crack a few times each. Would do it all the time if I didn't have a job and could afford it.

Fucking tell me about it man

I smoke socially when my friends are or when im out drinking. Apart from that never get urges or smoke, been like that for probably 5 years. Takes me about 2 weeks to get through a pack of 30's.

op here

I smoked weed almost every single day for 5 years and smoked cigs occasionally when I drank, quit all forms of smoking at the beginning of August. I got fed up with being a slob and want to get back into athletic shape as I was in my teens. I also eventually got bored with being high all. the. fucking. time.

I can relate to the being high all the time.

I've had mornings like that. The ones where you make up with a huge headache and you reek of booze and cigarettes. They are the absolute worst.

fag

the smell. i've quit for 5 months and cant stand the smell at all and i smoked for 15 years, 2 packs a day.

I was a heavy pot smoker for years, got arrested and put on probation for a year (no weed). I lost all of my tolerance and when I tried going back to daily smoking it just made me feel paranoid and anxious. I smoke a little on rare occasion but even if I just take a few hits every night it makes me feel depressed, anxious, and moody even when not smoking.

>2 packs a day

holy hell, man, think how much time you've taken off of your life

I moved back home with my father. Since I don't have to pay rent and food provided for for free, I respect his wishes that the household stay drug free. Besides, buying weed was an expense that just hinders me in pursuing my hobby, which is film production. I would rather save up for a camera than frequently smoking away the money.

pretty much nothing. i did take x-rays and i am clear.

I just got sick of feeling shitty and coughing all the time, and always having to stop what I was doing to go have a smoke even though I didn't get any particular enjoyment from it.

Chantix is awesome by the way if anyone here wants to quit but doesn't know how.

Metastatic lung cancer made me quit smoking

It's like Louis CK once said "you should NEVER do drugs...so when you DO, they're fucking awesome"

I actually never smoked weed in highschool. Figured I'd try it out during a night out drinking, turns out I like it.
I know a lot of people do it in hs, then get bored of it in their 20s. 22 now, is it going to be late 20s/early 30s before I get bored of it?

They actually say that it's better to do it as an adult, because it's better for your mental development. I don't know how credible that is but it's worth looking into. You might be able to enjoy it for a long time. I had been doing it since 9th grade so it got old for me fast. I also think it did some long term mental damage. So you should be good with it.

>tl;dr keep smoking and enjoying as long as you think you can.

Exercise
Run, swim, anything to get the heart beat going
Drink tea and detox urbody. Helps for me
Also, avoid drinking for a few weeks. Drinking will tempt u to smoke

Ain't that the truth

I realized that for a like day after I'd smoke, I was a completely different, much dumber and lazier person. It made me feel like my life was gonna go nowhere if I didn't quit. Plus I had to get a job. (I'm 18) haven't smoked in around 4 months.

Cigs because of breathing difficulties at 26

Cigs
Had to prove to myself I could quit cold turkey after 9+years
5 months in

>tfw you have quit but still love the smell of fresh cig smoke

>Weed
Employment got me to quit.

Well it started to not make any pleasure as it used to be, i couldn't even smoke 5 cigs a day because it felt so disgusting, couldnt inhale it properly anymore, and i was used to smoke a full pack, so i stoped it.

Not trying to bash you and ofcourse weed affects all people differently but eventually that haze after waking up aka being "burntout" goes away once youre a seasoned smoker.

I didn't have enough money to both buy cigs and still be able to telephone my long-distance girlfriend.

I'm eight years married to her now and still stupidly happy. Between her and lung cancer, I think I made the right choice.

Ischemic stroke at fucking 32, ripped me right out of getting high smoking. Eventually cognitive function returned along with the use of the left side of my body and poof, after a yr of therapy was clean and had no specific desire to get high.

Probably cost me 15-20 yrs tho.

Fuck, man, how long to live?

I realized that I was 32 and a pothead and it was getting me nowhere. I also started to get a lot of anxiety that I wasn't getting before. Basically the weed stopped working for me.

As for cigarettes, my mom has cancer, my family is full of cancer, and it makes my mouth taste like shit.

Between weed and cigarettes, I was spending $22/day. That's over $8,000 per year. Huge waste of money.

Yeah dude, prognosis?

Work, when you get randoms and your income is on the line drugs aren't important anymoe.

YOU PUSSY VAGINAS!!! I'M 47, AND I STILL GET STONED, OFTEN.... duh!

Yeah hows that treating you ?

I quit for a decent paying career. 5-6k a month isn't the best but is sure makes living and saving truly possible. Any cunt who cant cut it with that is a retard who cannot handle their finances.

Smoked weed daily for over 20 years. Decided I needed a new job because my current boss doesn't believe in giving raises. I haven't smoked in 35 days & will seriously start to look for a new job now that I'm pissing clean.

Grew out of weed, cigarettes ,Oh I used to love Cigarettes, but they are a fucking waste of money and my favorite brands all taste like that fire retardant they were forced to put into it a few years ago

Judging from his post, not to well. Poor guy.

is this pre or post taxes?

Used to smoke cigars. Stopped appealing to me so I stopped. Might smoke 1-2 a year if at all.

I got a job working for uncle sam and he wants my piss every so often.

When i smoke weed. i get odd feelings in my chest.sometimes heavy breathing. my nerves act up for no reason i don't know why. maybe im just a paranoid fuck

sativa?

Growing up and getting a actual good job that hair tests