What's the best martial art to learn?

What's the best martial art to learn?

Rape Kwon Don

shooting

If you can find someone teaching for the experience of teaching, it doesn't really matter what they call their art form. Avoid anything that looks like a chain, has a promotion schedule, offers special 'more intense' classes periodically for more money etc...OOOH also avoid any place that you have to sign a contract to join. Find someone inexpensive that is teaching for their heart, not their wallet.

From them, learn anything that you can. If at some point it isn't enough then look for more.

Light side Jedi!

on a related note, that looks like Pat Morita in the picture... Miyagi(the name of his Karate Kid character) was also the name of the guy credited with bringing Goju to the USA from Japan. There are apparently at least two versions of Goju now a watered down american form and a more traditional form.

It really depends on what you want to gain out of it. Just learning to fight would be something like Krav Maga, but other martial arts will give you disciple that could effect the rest of your life, but not be as good for learning to fight.

I do the more traditional form, my Sensei's Sensei learned it in Okinawa over 9 years while serving there

krav maga because it's jewish dirty fighting with kicks in the balls. why fight fair, goy?

I haven't trained in many years probably 25, but I was in the watered down americanized version in NW arkansas ans SW Missouri area. I think that branch may have even been started by a guy around there. It was probably better from a teenagers standpoint, as it was way more chill than the more traditional schools. It however was likely pretty terrible from a pure martial arts standpoint. The best thing was that all of the Black Belt instructors were just volunteers trying to keep themselves in shape and enjoying teaching others. The main instructor was a guy my mom worked with.

athletics.
faggots like you better run than try to fight

Actually my instructors were quite insistent that the only reason to fight was if You could not get out of a situation any other way, ie running...

Silat

THIS
at least one who got it right
I had one sensei like this myself. the things and the way he instructed me made me understand stuff from a former "teacher" in a completely different martial art.
A teacher may be able to instruct you in technique. A master teaches you how to fight and get strong youself.

dubs of truth

Don't be a bitchsu

Origami . Fold those motherfuckers !

Krav maga

Krav Maga is probably the most ruthless, and useful in real world streetfights.

Learn anything, literally any martial art will teach you how to MOVE, that's all fighting is, a series of movements, but martial arts helps break the movements down. You can learn how to fight anywhere, and Krav Maga is only as good as the teacher, and also consider that Krav Maga is not the best of the best of fighting techniques, because if the person knows and art but doesn't know how to move properly while in an intense situation, because fighting has almost nothing to do with forms and simple practice techniques, although these aspexts can be implemented i a fight, will lose the fight simply because they rely too much on their art and not on fighting. So what would you like to learn, the art of movement, or do you want to say you do martial arts becuase it sounds scary?

>martial arts

If you're looking to satisfy your weeaboo, take martial arts. If you're looking for self defense, find an mma gym. Boxing/striking mixed with rudimental wrestling and jujitsu is the best you're gonna get.

Krav MaGun
Gunjitsu
Tae Gun Do
Gun Fu

You getting the drift?

In my opinion its boxing
I joined boxing class for only 6 months and kicked a guy's ass twice my size

kick boxing is about all you need. The second you get in a fight all your training goes out the window and it's all about dodging haymakers, grappling and throwing uppercuts

the single best art depends on your body. a good allround education would be thai kickboxing and tai-chi quan or ju-jizo. I prefer tai-chi

>martial arts are for weebs
>let's try mixed martial arts it's not weeb
jk i know where you are going with this..did karate when i was 13-19 and the all weeb stuff like belts and counting in japanese was kinda weird..not to mention they only trained us to fight against the air most of the time (sometimes we trained to fight one another but when a punch/kick landed the fight stops and the one who landed got a point..not so real-life lel). Some mma/kickboxing would be better because it really trains you to take some punches.

Krav maga is bullshit. If you want self defence, learn jiu-jitsu and boxing.

I think you ask for self defense purposes.

Depends on your body type. If you are big (>70kg) box, muay thai, kyokushin, kick boxing or other "brute force" contact martial art works (for self defense). Just do sparring. A lot of sparring.

If you are small (less than 70kg), judo+tons of newaza (or bjj + tons of takedowns) will be better suited. a lot of drilling is also needed.

Also (combar) sambo if you are lucky and can find a place to train., whatever your body type.

The reason of the size is the KO power. Below 70 kg you might no be able to KO a 100Kg guy (pick related, he can). Above 70, unless is Roy Nelson, you have a pretty good chance.

Krav maga is useless shit, that people heard on the radio of stuff. Kicking ball does not need training (if you do boxing or judo you can also kick balls, gouge eyes, bite necks, and other sissy shit.) The israeli that I met, who took the k-m bullshit as part of the military training had no idea how to throw a punch of a kick to the balls (no timing, nor distance, no shit.) He only knew how to handle a gun. The same goes for any chink shit like wing shu, tai chi, kung fu (jet kun do fits in the category of chink shit.)

UltraQuads speak truth.

I've trained in a variety of martial arts since 2nd grade until now (age 29) and I'd agree that this is completely true.

However, in certain situations a firearm is not the best option, or an option at all. An example of this is if you were carrying concealed (unlikely to be allowed in plenty of states) and had a pistol in a holster beneath your jacket. If one or more people jumped you suddenly, having a firearm alone wouldn't necessarily ensure you safety since they could knock you out or restrain you before you were able to draw, take off the safety, aim, and fire or threaten.

In general, martial arts are only as good as the teacher and how often and well you apply their use to realistic fighting scenarios. Even something designed for warfare like Systema or Krav Maga won't actually protect you in a fight unless you regularly spar with resisting opponents.

I've trained in a few martial arts long enough to get a good grasp of them. Brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, 3rd Kyu in Kyokushin Karate, purple belt in BJJ, about a year of Krav Maga (no ranking system), and Shodan in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (actually 9 separate schools taught in 1 system, mostly).

Krav Maga is helpful because it's extremely to the point and usually the training is tough enough to help you overcome hesitation in a real fight. The problem with Krav Maga is that at least in my experience, it doesn't teach levels of violent response. It's a lot of eye-gouging, ball-smashing, throat crushing, and so on. It is also completely devoid of the positive mentality and atmosphere that comes with a good dojo. Sometimes you get camaraderie, but it's very militaristic and macho. It'll teach you how to fuck people up, so in that sense it is useful, but you may hurt someone way too much than is necessary.

Muay Thai and jui jitsu

Pokémon

(continued)

Bujinkan gets a lot of shit because it's associated with Ninjutsu (only 3 of the 9 schools in the system are Ninjutsu/Ninpo) and the historical veracity of those schools is rightfully questioned. The single biggest problem with Bujinkan is that the vast majority of dojos SUCK because there's no quality control in the organization. Soke Hatsumi prefers to let people teach and operate however they like as long as they aren't breaking laws.

What I will say is that it offers some very cool stuff, some of which is mostly just of historical value and some of which is extremely effective self-defense techniques.

For example, one of the 9 schools is Kukishin-ryū. It is a koryū (historical martial art) that deals mostly with fighting in Japanese armor and using a variety of weapons like swords, spears, and staves. It has some unarmed techniques, but they need to be adapted from the original kata in order to be useful in real scenarios. So with that you can enjoy the historical and more mental side of learning martial arts.

But some schools, like Gyokko-ryū teach extremely effective fighting techniques that have been studied by the military and other government organizations because of their effectiveness. So by studying Bujinkan you can learn fun historical stuff as well as very practical striking and grappling. It's also good at teaching fundamental body mechanics, movements, rolling/falling safely, and how to scale violence based on the situation. You can also do it even as a small or old person. The big problem is that most dojos don't actually do proper practice with resisting opponents, so the style gets a bad rap.

Anyway, that's my martial arts tangent. I like Bujinkan because it teaches a variety of skills from striking, to grapping, to weapons, to dealing with armed attackers empty handed, etc...

If you want something simple just to learn how to handle yourself in a scrap learn boxing or Muay Thai and a grappling style like BJJ.

Nigga Fu

Guns.

Martial arts is just about fear suppression which is actually bad if you wind up in a fight.

This