Leviticus 20:13

Leviticus 20:13
New Living Translation (NLT)

13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus 20:13&version=NLT

How is this acceptable?

How is this unacceptable?

>New Living Translation (NLT)

How do they come up with these names?

it's not. The bible is merely a collection of lies, fables and controlling propaganda.

Sex between 2 men they mean; 1 man makes an other man pregnant.
This will defy logic of the creation of beings by god.

this is unacceptable.
This should be banned from the bible for being hate speech.

It's not. NT null and voided it. The teachings of Jesus are supposed to be the only teachings but that motherfucker peter came in after Jesus died and made all the fun sex shit a sin again. Also those assholes that think the Bible is supposed to be taken literally from cover to cover yet don't go sit outside the city walls while menstruating or washing for 7 days after ejaculating. And any time someone mentions the end times I chuckle and ask where my 6-7 headed sea monster is. Or the meteor wormwood that kills 1/3 of the population.

>“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

Among evangelical Christians, there is debate about how much of this passage can be applicable today since the Levitical priesthood and animal sacrifice ended in AD 70, with the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans. Many in these groups see references to sexuality therein and as being reiterated for emphasis elsewhere in the Bible; for example, in the Epistle to the Romans. Orthodox Jews continue many of the practices, but they generally regard precepts not in current practice as being in only temporary abeyance until a Third Temple can be rebuilt and they can be restored.

Are you literally autistic?

DID SOMEONE SAY
DEUS VULT

No. just very skeptical of the actual bible. Written, rewritten, edited, then slapped together by men who left a lot out and added a lot in about 4-600 years after Jesus died and were supposed to be "Christ"ians yet most of the bullshit they talk about Christ never touched on. All he said about the gays was love everyone as I love the church. That's all I need to know.

Fun y how the Quran was never touched or edited...

whaddafuck you even talking about, we're not talking about other texts you silly cunt

andwut?. Don't mention the tora either then. Dick.

The Quran didn't have to go through the Council of Nicaea. It also was written by one man. A self proclaimed prophet who essentially told the old stories handed down through Ishmael, bastard son of Abraham(through Sarah's handmaiden Hagar). That's why Islam is still an abrahamic religion.

its not - thats why they pretend its a metaphor, or that old testament doesnt count anymore, cuz jesus added love to those teachings

You sound like a history major

Jesus never existed.

He did exist... But he was black.

If he did exist, he sure as shit wasn't white.

No. just paid attention in freshman level World Civ 1500 AD and Prior and researched it some more on my own time because that was the first time I heard that the Christian god and Allah are one and the same. It also started my search into what my religion means to me and how to move forward as a Christian and I've completely written off most texts unless it deals directly with Jesus. The stories of Abraham Isaac Sarah Hagar and Ishmael struck me as interesting because when Sarah vanished Hagar and Ishmael they went to the Middle East and their story leads to Islam whereas Isaac leads farther into Judaism and Christianity. It's really interesting and it's also why in premodern Catholicism you're not supposed to look too hard into the truth because you start questioning your faith.

He looked more like osama bin laden than the stereotypical Jesus were used to

or magical

Well, the Christians say that there is a verse, which says something like love everybody the same amount as you love yourself and therefore the Bible is not homophobic.... (according to Christians)

oh, you've disappointed me now, that was the only bit I believed.

No soap back then, shit on your dick would be a problem.

I'm an atheist *tips fedora*

But now that that's out of the way, which are you going to take more seriously? This rule that is part of a random list that also includes shit like don't eat shellfish and don't plant two crops in the same field, or Jesus' teaching of love thy neighbor? I think it's pretty clear which is more emphasized.

Again, that's if you even choose to follow this shit at all, but I think a true Christian will get it right.

Enjoy your gay death.

u r a better man now

thank you

Jesus reaffirmed the teachings of the old books.

However there is the bit about "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Leviticus also condems blended fabrics and shell food if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't Optimus Prime die so this wouldn't have to be a rule anymore?

Jesus never said anything about the gays directly, ever. But to listen to a homophobic christian tell it, he's all about the gay hate.

Guy with the long replies here. I still consider myself a Christian. I follow the teachings of Christ and take everything else with a grain of salt and ask myself what Jesus said about it. Even the writings of Jesus and others interacting with Jesus that were left out of the Bible. It makes more sense if you do that and leave the works of men out of the whole equation. It's like speaking in tongues. Sure someone may believe that happened to them, but there's probably an equal amount of folks that just spout gibberish for attention. All you can analyze is what you have before you and blind faith only gets you so far

Homophobic Christians are faggots

Cause Gods not real and religion is a way for your superiors, beginning with your parents but also the church and government entities to control you. These days only idiots believe in all powerful sky men though so we've stopped basing some pf our laws on mythology made up by a bunch of ignorant sand people back in the days when we couldn't explain where the sun went every night. We still have a long way to go, but hopefully within a couple generations all this superstitious garbage will be an embarrassing memory in humanities past.

Whoever wrote the NLT certainly embellished quite a lot of their own view into that verse.

The actual verse from the King James Version:

"man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them"

As you can see, it has nothing to do with sex, and has everything to do with lying.

You know how dudes will lie to their girlfriends to go out to the bar with their friends, or just generally do man things? This is Ok.

Have you ever had a friend who gets a girlfriend, but starts making excuses for missing brewsday? You know that mother fucker isn't actually helping his grandma do shit, his new gf has him whipped. The man in this instance has committed a sin, he's broken the code of "Bros before hoes," and deserves to be put to death. His friends also have to be put to death if they cuck out and refuse to call him out on it.

Bros before hoes is so important, God put it in the Bible.

Sounds like you choose what you want to believe... but then that's the rub: everyone chooses what they believe.

So here's my question: why do you believe the mystical things? There's no proof or science so how do you say "ya, I believe this guy, whom I never met, turned water into wine."

How do you adopt such specific beliefs?

Copied the verse incorrectly:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them"

Actually, we have no way of knowing if God(s) is or isn't "real". We can safely assume that a book or belief is bullshit, but a diety as a concept? How do you have knowledge of the infinite?

Militant atheism is just as unreasonable as militant mysticism.

>Actually, we have no way of knowing if God(s) is or isn't "real".

If a claim is unfalsifiable, who gives a shit?

"Don't lie to other men the way you lie to women"

Makes sense.

>Militant atheism is just as unreasonable as militant mysticism.

That's the point I'm making.

Smart response to a troll post on your part, but okay.
So there's a few parts to this answer the over all being that you are technically correct, we have no way of definitively disproving the theoretical existence of an omnipotent being through observable scientific processes available at this time, assuming that being didn't want us to know about it.
However there are philosophical arguments against even the possibility of such a being existing. Essentially omnipotence is impossible, because there is no way of attaining certain results in the universe, meaning all power is limited.
It's easier however to point to the Judeo-Christian idea of God and find evidence of absence. As the very existence of Satan would prove God is not omnipotent for one. We also have a history of changes made to the bible etc.
Now if you want to go with Agnosticism, where by you believe a being (or beings) that is not necessarily omnipotent by the text book definition, but does wield incredible power exists, I would again state that the burden of proof is on you, but thats fine believe what you want I can't technically disprove you. That could in theory exist some where in the universe. However the next question really becomes, why do you care? If such a being or beings exist we are quite clearly beneath their notice.

>How is this acceptable?
It isn't, that is why you need to grow up and stop believing such twaddle.