Music/guitar thread

Music/guitar thread

Does my guitar playing (soloing) sound empty and expressionless and soul-lacking? Rate this crap, need opinions

youtu.be/VkGXjyccUCk some lead cover
a.clyp.it/yxj0x4fw.mp3 12min noodling
a.clyp.it/w4b3w4ag.mp3 a solo i made

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/5x5cx3zc
clyp.it/x1ovpcqn
a.clyp.it/w4b3w4ag.mp3
clyp.it/dwxvdtz1
soundcloud.com/nrgizer-official/two-birds
vocaroo.com/i/s0923gbA5N6b
soundcloud.com/hermann-snorri/thall
soundcloud.com/hermann-snorri/unnamed
clyp.it/skrp1osm
vocaroo.com/i/s05TYvOQtL6p
vocaroo.com/i/s1zpTEjlGcrI.
m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=h2RBJwHyiQk
a.clyp.it/yxj0x4fw.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thanks friend

I don't think it sounds empty or anything, I just think that what you play (of your own stuff) would just be better with a different tone. The tone itself is kinda boring in my opinion.

Given my tastes I'd say boost the mids a touch, and you might want to consider messing around with reverb/delay

your bends could be better, which is a main part of what makes solos sound """""""""soulful""""""""" in the first place

unfortunately, yes! but i guess you still got time to work on that.

Use your fucking pinkies for fucks sake

is the softer stuff as expressionless as the rest? on the "noodlings .mp3": 2:23 to 3:55, and 9:22 to 10:47

got a reference of a tone that would fit?

stuff i listen to dont use much delay but ill try it

theyre mostly in tune and slow, what is wrong with them?

can you point specific aspects of it that can be improved/fixed?

i do

bump

clyp.it/5x5cx3zc
clyp.it/x1ovpcqn
r8
if like, gonna record another one in 20 mins

>a.clyp.it/w4b3w4ag.mp3
that solo you made was pretty cool
but hard rock/classic rock is so boring, get into jazz, it's so much better and pleasuring to the ear

Is that skinhead music?

nope

The issue in my opinion is the song rather than the soloing, you're pretty good other than that. The song is boring

You're good, tone is decent. Work on your vibrato. That's all you need to do, phrasing but that's on going. I prefer your blues stuff as well, but I play blues

not bad

Keep 'em comin'

no, i think i might need alittle something more though to take if from good to better. Something that a friend said that really made me think was, when you play dose it come from your head or your "soul". hope that helps alittle

meh, trehd is died but i dgaf
clyp.it/dwxvdtz1

see put your heart out damnit
I like what I'm hearing though

You're good, quit fishing for compliments.

All technique and precise playing but no feel or energy

Do you even djent Cred Forumsro?

I wouldn't say no feel or energy, but it is a bit lacking. But only a little bit.

OP, put more attitude into it. Remember, you're trying to control the listeners mood.

your friend seems to only have a vague grasp at how to improvise solos. You're good as far as pentatonic noodling goes. I don't deny the importance of those chops. Now learn how to use major and minor scales. Don't just learn to play the scales back and forth but experiment with positions and playing licks with the half steps of the scale in them for a more melodic approach.

What do you think of mine?
www.
dropbox.
com
/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0

look at this guy.....he dosn't even know whats going on

Technically fine, but doesn't make me move. I can also tell from your body language that you're playing with your head and not really feeling it.

But if you could play like you needed to play to get by, you would.

yep hes got it right. Need to play your own shit get a cleaner sound and try playing the blues it helps you get soul into your music...you gotta play what you feel.

>guitar solos in the current year

Right?
Listen to this, though.

afraid of posting in a guitar thread - but i just finished a new track.

> even played a real instrument in it

cmt, like & subscribe, i guess..

soundcloud.com/nrgizer-official/two-birds

you don't or sound like you're enjoying guitar.

bump

fender fag checking in

Bump

Sounds like tom sholz from Boston

I only listened to your solo and i like it , but take some
Pauses for effect. Think of your guitar as a voice. You need to inhale. Nobody can sing indefinitely

>this

your lack of soul is not technical, it's a feel thing. feel isn't some mystical bullshit... when myles davis said "the note is only 10%, the other 90% is the attitude of the mother fucker who played the note" he was absolutely correct. if your music isn't moving YOU, it won't move anyone else. other people may think you're talented because you've got chops, but it'll never feel really amazing till you look within yourself for what moves you

how about zis? did it with soul, but have not so great skill

I'm this guyAnd I think your playing is boring as fuck.

>a.clyp.it/w4b3w4ag.mp3
reminds me of an old Mick Ralphs and Mott the Hoople lick

spacey session
vocaroo.com/i/s0923gbA5N6b

nice tele i really wana get one

I like THICC strings
soundcloud.com/hermann-snorri/thall
every guitar part played on the bass guitar except for the solo
soundcloud.com/hermann-snorri/unnamed
Squire Bass VI and the J Bass playing in Drop C an octave down.
>y u tune so low
Because I like the sound.

Is that actually your Les Paul? If it is, you're one lucky bastard. I've always wanted a Standard.

What are you, poor?

join my band pls u r gud

you actually shred though. so yeah theres that

I'd love some feedback from you guys.. I'm self taught and have been playing for a few years now, I write just based on creative bursts finding things that I feel go together because idk theory hasn't drawn me in, I'm having fun for now.

Anyway, this is what I've been working on lately and I'd love some feedback on how the guitar is written. The recording and my playing aren't perfect but the structure and patterns are in there, I'm interested in how you feel this would be as a song to work on and write lyrics for or what. At the end I think I'm just playing little bits of what else I've been doing in that tuning and being goof.

Don't let me put you off listening/criticising, I scrutinise myself and never share any songs/play in front of people because anxiety and self doubt.

clyp.it/skrp1osm

here just doing my bit in return

OP I feel like in the video your mic doesn't pick up your amp right, your sound just sounds far too thin for the playing. You're playing is decent so I don't think that's the issue.

You sound like you have the energy of Exuma somewhere in you. Language?

I'd really dig this as an instrumental in a psych album, sounds like Jacco Gardner in ways?

Motherland Яussia

I like your vids OP

Classical string recommendations? I typically use Pro Arte D'addario hard tensions. Anybody used carbon?

vocaroo.com/i/s05TYvOQtL6p
i call this piece "two chord ear rape"

Damn mah ears!

Here's mine. Just goofing around.
vocaroo.com/i/s1zpTEjlGcrI.

i like the hammering or whatever it is you're doing

You're all garbage, I can't believe you even bother trying... waste of life.

Show us what you got faggot!

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=h2RBJwHyiQk
This is me, bitch.

jazz sounds to me like just mental exercise of playing notes thru the scales and advanced theory

post your blues

i do try

never did to this day Cred Forumsrah

i tried to play with attitude

i do use stuff other than pentatonic check
2:23 to 3:55, and 9:22 to 10:47
on a.clyp.it/yxj0x4fw.mp3

Holy crap its visible. Depression sucks.

i used to play Peace Of Mind great guitar

okay

not

surely

I call bullshit. Pic and timestamp

I just watched the kiss video and the vibrato on the bends is a little too much. Release a little less. Also, you don't really use your pinky. Try the 1 finger per fret rule and you'll look 30% cooler.

Use music to help your depression and your music will get better, which should help your depression, etc. It's a cycle

Yeah, just stick with it