Is this shit worth it?

is this shit worth it?

As long as you're not planning on being good at shooters.
I like mine, but I find I don't use it all that much.

If youu dont give up on it in the first 10 minutes like every reviewer does and actually take the time to understand how to configure it properly, then sure. Its worth it

is it still on sale?

Not if your intending on playing some fast paced games, but if you wanna play games that you can without much percision then you can get away with it. I played alot of Fallout New Vegas, and quite a bit of Risk of Rain with mine.

This. Theres a definite learning curve. Most reviews played it once and gave up.
Like I said, I really like mine.

Ps4 or xbox controllers are better for the games that need a controller. A shitty touchpad will never be a mouse, just like a tablet will never be a gaming device.

i got mine at launch and after extensive use i can say it's not really better at anything than a conventional controller. the software is solid and it's gotten more and more configurable since it was released. still, there's a steep learning curve, it needs a lot of fine tuning to get it where you want it, and still ends up being awkward. i wouldn't buy it again.

^this
It's a controller you have to nestle into. Its not like the other controllers which you can just casually pickup. it takes some time,and configuration. Possibly the most diverse and configurable controller on the market. I reccomend it to anyone who likes using steam and likes full customization

It sucks.

side note is that while using it in desktop mode you have to twirl your finger on the dpad to scroll. Thus I nicknamed my "fun-buttons"

do you know of any retailer where I can go and test this out? My ps4 controller is caked with semen and ds4windows is a pain sometimes.

I can't think of a retailer that lets you test run any controller, let alone steam

Bought it with dark souls 3. took me a few hours to get used to, now i wouldn't use anything else. formerly used an xbox 360 control.

if they sell it through Amazon you can return it within two weeks no questions asked or something like that

Do you even surface pro 4?

I've got bullshit hands that get fucked up if I try to use KB/M too much and I had to stop using my 360 controller for the last few weeks because my thumb was sore as fuck from the ridiculously hard to push sticks.

Anyone got similar bullshit going on and tried this thing? It seems like it should be easier on my thumbs, but I've heard some people jacked theirs up with it because they were bending them for accuracy.

So... Better? Worse? Equal?

I only use mine for Roundabout, which absolutely requires a controller. It's awful for TF2.

how do third person games work out with this

in terms of blisters; better. But you need to set the pad to act as a joy stick or else you'll just constantly be sweeping your thumb against it. Still good though. you can tap the outside of the pad to get full event without having to start from the center.

I'm just gonna put this out there though, you shouldnt be using controllers for fast paced accuracy games anyway. just use a mouse.

third person what? What are you concerned about?

Makes sense. I'm more worried about the actual thumb joint, though. Never really gotten blisters.

Also, I don't vidya competitively or anything, so I'm fine with it being slower or less accurate than a mouse.

Civ 5 ftw.

i think he means dark souls, witcher, etc

I mean I'm still not sure what he is worried about in comparison to first person. Its just about the same.

There shouldn't be any problem if you hold it right. its concave instead of convex so some dipshits will instinctively hold it in a way that will fuck them up. Generally I just make sure my index and middle are on the bumper and trigger respectively and that my pinky or ring is touching the grips, beyond that your thumb should rest pretty comfortably on the pad.

yep, just use it for the browser and netflix/nowtv like everyone that i know who has one.

i meant camera work, do i have swipe in rocket league? because that would be very cumbersome

I actually prefer browsing the internet on that instead of using mouse and keyboard. Also, I wrote this on my controller.

If you dont have a xbox controller, go get it since it stills dont have something better than the xbox one. It might get something in the future.

no. If you take the time to configure it properly there are very few games that require swiping. You can do "mouse like camera" which is what you are describing, or you can do "twin stick" which is like an xbox or ps controller except no joystick, just a touchpad instead. Like I said before you can even just tap the outside of the pad and instantly do a full event without having to start from the center. sensitivity is highly customizable (daunting even) so you shouldn't have much of a problem anywhere if you do a little homework (or none. the customization menu explains the functions pretty well)

Shooters are best with a mouse anyway. I think Steam realized this when designing, as they are terrible in that regard. Always shoot with a mouse.

these.
You have to customize it to really get the best bang for your buck. But the customization is very in depth and wonderful. Steam can track different button profiles for different games, and if you take advantage of those two new buttons on the back it can be quite rewarding.
The right track pad is slower than a thumbstick but it does make a better mouse/menu navigator than a conventional controller and it is (again) more customizable.

I primarily use mine for Dank Sauce 3 now, after switching the left pad to thumbstick mode all was well.

tl;dr: Some autism required in order for customization to outclass a conventional controller.

I use mine just for rocket league or binding of isaac. Dont try it with any fps. Seriously that shit is so bad i threw my mouse at a wall