Today will be my first day at Amazon, it's a warehouse position. what should i expect in a warehouse environment...

today will be my first day at Amazon, it's a warehouse position. what should i expect in a warehouse environment? anyone else have experience working warehouse jobs? i could use some advice.

how did you get the job OP?

i dont mind doing this.

How much are you making per hour?

My experience is that warehouse people like to fuck around and prank the shit out of people, Cred Forumstards will fit right in.

depends on your department. varies from running 30 km/20 miles per day to stay the on the exact same spot all time

ordered from amazon once and someone threw a really nice digital camera into the box!

you should too

direct hire, just walked in and applied pretty much.

this

12.75 an hour plus an extra 50cents during peak (i get that in a week)

U are a multinationals fuckink slave, sad life.

Warehouses are pretty cool as long as the place follows health code and workers safety shit. But amazon is too big not to be following so you should be fine. I've worked in warehouses where they don't and done stuff like drive full, unstrapped down, propane tanks bouncing around in the back of a van, I've climbed up 40 mountains of cardboard boxes to get something at the top, and been told to clean up a chemical spill of shit that says "do not inhale" on the bottle. Just be careful and don't do dangerous shit because you want to be manly or because everyone else does. Now I work at a warehouse without bullshit like that and I finish my work then sit around for 3-4 hours every day getting payed $25+ an hour.

Take it from an oldfag in his 40's; get yourself a back brace like the weightlifters wear. Lift the right way; with your legs. Be careful with your spine...you don't want want to fuck it up or the rest of your life is gonna suck.

It's pretty cake, pay careful attention to the numbers. Make sure whatever has to match matches, triple check that shit. Enjoy the fact you don't have to worry about much besides safety and putting shit in boxes.

This.

Backbraces save your fucking life. It takes longer and is more energy to lift with your legs but get used to it or you're going to ruin your back for your entire life for 12.75 an hour.

Actually working shift right now op target distribution . Not a bad job as long as you aren't lazy, in my department outbound it's like getting paid to go to the gym

This shit too. I don't lift a lot, though I do pick up parts weighing 125lbs when i'm not lounging in my office. I also used to body build.

Pro tip. When lifting, arch your back in and your ass out. This locks your back in so you won't be using it to lift.

yes i was considering buying one of these me second week there, although i lift with my legs like i should its always good to be extra safe. heres a nice pic for the advice user

This so much.

Get into forklifting.

This too.

Forklifting will get you places.