Let's see how logical you faggots really are

Let's see how logical you faggots really are.

Simple quest, who would win on a 1v1?

Both of them are at the most prime, no vehicles, no gear that they can carry with them. Only things they can wield or have on their persons count.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qg1MrCyCmNU
youtube.com/show/theborealecast
halopedia.org/Key_Mind
halopedia.org/Neural_physics
halopedia.org/Logic_plague
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kaldor_Draigo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Obs the Honor Guard Battle Brother
>Twin force swords
>Heavier armor
>The Emprah's light

He'd cleave Halo in two with one stroke.

>technology of a spacefaring empire for 40 thousand years vs 23rd or whatever century

not really fair

Furthermore

>Be Halo
>No Canticles to recite
>No Chapter to venerate
>Is obviously heretic

yeah but the mind of a space marine has a good chance of being fucked and only being brought back to the most basic of functions. i reckon theres a good chance mc is somewhat smarter

Oh come on. 40k's warriors can easily destroy anything in the Halo Universe.

They're both amazing (despite 343 fucking Halo like a cheap whore) but the fact of the matter is the typical 40k Space Marine could easily crush any Spatan-II, even John.

Kind of shows how unfair it is seeing as 40k is literally thousands of years ahead of Halo.

you filthy heretic!
obviously Ultramarine!

the written test is tomorrow, today is death battle

Lol
'I reckon there's a good chance MC is somewhat smarter'

>Obviously has no clue Space Marines live for CENTURIES, if not a Thousand years or more.

battles are brutal and fast... that speaks a lot about how old they must be :|

This, even though I argue that even if it is the year 41K, you have to keep in mind, the dark age of technology has long past in fluff. Chief's level of tech does precede even that, though.

They're literally taken from the ages of 10-16, put through trials for like the next five years, genetically enhanced, biologically modified, and psycho-conditioned to be the most brutally effective warriors alive.

And the engagement scales are absolutely insane in Warhammer. One company of Marines (100 strong) can be sent to quell rebellion and pacify entire worlds.

unless they engage chaos troopers or Eldars

Underrated post.

John. Hands down. Straight up admits plot armor in the books. Cortana literally states that quantitatively, luck is on his side.

That's why he always wins. And that's why runs on the hardest difficulty are realistic. You NEED luck on your side to deal with that bullshit.

MC can survive a fall from space. All he would have to do is figure out the weakness and exploit it. That's what his character and his abilities are designed to do. I don't know enough about space marines to counter so feel free to counter that argument.

>(100 strong) can be sent to quell rebellion and pacify entire worlds.
That is physically not possible.
I like WH40k books but the Space Marines books are fucking ridicilous.
You cant hold a fucking planet with 100 people.

>i dont know enough about space marines to--
so then why the fuck are you posting

You can if you publicly beat them hard enough, to be honest.

>image very related

we only have these threads to see who falls for the halo troll

of course not
thats why you send Space Marines

A space marine is so strong, fast, intelligent, well-equipped and iron-willed that a single Space Marine could no doubt wipe out AT LEAST half of the entire Spartan-II program (given they were all alive again) in a single battle.

The Chief wouldn't even be able to find a way to defeat one, seeing as they have no weaknesses.

See
And understand the problem with your argument.

Are you reffering to master chief as halo? Wtf

then why do they fall to the orcs ?

Would love tp see this fight happen but i dont know much about the blue guy (which seems to be from warhammer ad pther anons have said) and i know much more about halo. I feel like this would be a faor and even fight ither way and the outcome would make ither fams mad so how about a tie. (Lol no fuck that chief wins hes faster stronger and has destryoed hoardes of covenant by himself)

Ironic reference to old meme is ironic, you recalcitrant fucking philistine

cause orcs are also way above Mc and what he could do they also seem to be unable to fully die without a lot of effort

Not knowing that Orks were made by the Old Ones specifically to fight Necrons, the scourge of the living

Don't you have fucking spellcheck? Jesus kid...

The canon diffuclty in halo is heroic legendary is just to test your skill. But in the bpoks and comics and shows its all based around the canon difficuly being heroic.

Master Chief would be recked. That one Space Marine has lived long enough to see at least four Covenant-sized Xenos empires burned

The joke
v
v
Your head

/thread

Fuck i didnt relize it was off fml soz m8

Go home, Stephen Kiker.

I know the joke thats why i responded with what i said.

>halo

Oh joy the Halo fanboys have come.

>M-muh Cortana!
>M-muh luck!

Yeah, Cortana's going to point out that nonexistant gap in the Space Marine's armour while John gets a lucky shot in....after he's had his MJOLNIR Armour beaten in so far his skull literally implodes.

And how is this argument supposed to even be taken seriously when a) Legendary difficulty is not a realistic representation of the Halo Universe, it's Heroic that is the true representation, and b) the fact that the 'luck' moments are things that happen in cutscenes and not actual gameplay?

Try harder.

Because orks are also incredibly powerful and also have MOAR DAKKA

Thank god this place is shutting down soon so the newfaggotry finally ends. It's an old meme

see

ORKZ IZ MADE FER FIGHTIN'

The appeal of Warhammer has always been lost on me, namely because every single fucking thing in the universe is apparently some demi-god autismo that somehow dies like a bitch anyways.

Also Halo would die for sure.

I love hiw everyone knows a space marine would win so we just call Master Chief Halo. Save the pixel space.

This is unfair.

Thats an Ultramarines first company honour guard, one of the best warriors in the galaxy.

Now for a standard tactical marine, I would say that the spartan may have a chance with superior agility, but a veteran of centuries of warfare equipped with the best weapons and armour at the disposal of a first founding chapter is going to have the skills to completely dominate any spartan. Space marines are physically too strong and durable. You stab him in the gut with your combat knife he just ignores it as his laramann cells repair the damage and pain killers immediately block out the damage, you take a spartan laser to his chest it burns off his chestplate (maybe) and melts the skin and flesh off underneath, he whispers litanies of hate and duty under his breath as his black carapace takes the brunt of the blast and keeps his internals intact, he keeps coming. You ram a grenade in his face, he takes his helmet off and spits acid in your face.

Spartans are incredible supersoldiers capable of feats that would earn the respect of any marine, and any spartan would have a shot as a child of becoming a marine, but one on one, there is no fight to be had.

In the Grimdark future, there is only war.
There are supposed to be high heroes and big bads. That's kind of, I don't know, what Fantasy is all about?

Always nice to see the halo fanboys instantly thow in named characters with things like plot armour and what have you. We don't want to go down that road in terms of 40k...

Agreed. Let's see MC take a few bolter rounds to the face. Those .75 HE rounds would leave a Mjolnir armor with a smoking upper torso- and not much else.

Kek

The appeal (for me, at least), is that everything is so ridiculously over the top that it shifts from campy and lame to awesome.

In the Horus Heresy there is a meeting between Space Marines and normal humans with a similar but scaled down level of tech (probably still more advanced than anything humans have in Halo). The entire race is wiped out with only 1 or 2 Space Marine casualties.
So this

Why did Spartans all die on one planet? Why is that pertant information? OP said keep it logical. You're throwing out pointless questions. But to answer your question:

Orks are literally a stronger version of the flood. You can't starve them out because they form their own ecosystem and their basic warrior can take thirty times as ammo as a flood form. The flood couldn't beat a handful of species; orks wiped out multiple empires and haven't taken over the galaxy because they're fighting themselves for fun.

>because I conclude that luck > all else, I must be a HALO fanboy
Kek
I don't think you understand how fucking horrifying passive probability manipulation is. It's literally the be all end all of overpowered, period.
Let's put this in terms you'll understand. If you have a single unit with a gamerule that it will always survive with at least 1 HP, it doesn't matter how many units the other side has or how powerful they are. That becomes literally a battle of attrition. That unit becomes a force of entropy.

>only happens in cutscenes
Oh, so I guess cutscenes aren't canon, then? How is this even relevant?

>Spartans are incredible supersoldiers capable of feats that would earn the respect of any marine, and any spartan would have a shot as a child of becoming a marine, but one on one, there is no fight to be had.
Spartans are proto-Space Marine scouts.

Them mycetic spores, tho.

>Completely exterminate every living Ork on a planet
>Twenty years later, an Ork horde pours from the forests.

>Cities burn

>Spartans all die on one planet
Like 5 died on reach.
3 died at one of the installations
I dunno what else

By definition not saving him. It's luck, so there's chance involved.
The harder the enemy the lower your chances. As there is no 'I am God' only a lot of luck for John harder enemies decrease his chances.

You just got sent an enemy so much harder and so much more advanced than anything he was going through with luck that his chances have become very very slim.

And you only need

>Comparing Orks to the Flood

There is literally no connection. Do Orks have a Gravemind? Do Orks send out infection forms? Do Orks go through several stages of hivemind? No. They don't.

It's the fact that everything is just so ridiculous and convoluted and blown-up.

>The zealotry of the space marines
>The epic power of THE EMPRAH
>The ridiculous power of literally everything
>The constant bloody, violent war

The whole point is that it's one giant clusterfuck of awesome.

>Like 5 died on reach.
Nigga you don't know lore. You're referencing Spartan III's even.

This is actually a pretty even match up.
Similar:
>super strong
>extremely fast reflexes
>retarded strong armor
I would have to give the edge to the Spacemarine over MC
>always has a combat blade
>50-1000years Exp (vs MC's 10 at most)
I think it would still be a close fight that could go either way. MC is def more agile and has AI helping him out. If the writters ever made a comic or book about it, it would end with MC almost getting killed, but the Ultramarine stops when he realizes MC is human and is fighting filth Xenos. He then patches up MC and calls for a fleet to battle the Cov.

Now who wins in a fight, The ENTIRE Imperial Navy or the Covenant?

>you can compare and contrast literally anything to anything else
Faggot please kill yourself. Your butthurt autism is way too over the top

psio stuff...
win

>Space Marines being a part of the Emperor's Genome, and psycho-conditioning makes them into Zealots for their father/Hero
>Emperor IS basically a God. This is established
>Ridiculous Power of everything - It's a BIG galaxy champ. If you're scared, go to church.
>Locked on all sides by constant threat, and xenophobia has kept Humans alive for 48,000 years.

Halo is a heretic. He receives no mercy.

Hold a planet
>Grunts
Pacify a planet
>Space Marines

This is a way better question

>by definition not saving him
So far, it has. Even against falling into the atmosphere and crashing. You're assuming that his luck has a limit and that this scenario is above said limit. So far, no such limit has been shown. There's no evidence showing that John's luck doesn't include 100% chance to not die. We have no definition of how far his luck will carry him.

i think thats cato sicarius, so you can try master chief luck against one of the biggest mary sues on the biggest mary sue chapter on the whole imperium good "luck"

That sad moment when I didn't know this. I must be a Heretic.

Dude, the entire Imperial fucking Navy? Are you kidding?

The fleet that dealt with Abaddon the Despoiler in the Black Crusades would be enough

So from that picture it seems the Space Marine would have a power sword. Things are immediately not looking good for old Chief.

Also that is a veteran Ultramarine with 100s of years of service and experience. Chief is pretty good but his main experience comes from fighting people he is on higher footing with. A veteran Ultramarine will have lived through a myriad of horrors and near deaths, fighting creatures and evils that over power him regularly
But he shall no know fear.

Chiefs best and really only bet is a plasma grenade but even then if it's not stuck the marines helmet or backpack odds are he'll live through the blast

The Space Marine has survived so far too.
It's luck, you're confusing terms with invulnerability. If you want to give him that name him that.

Space Marines have lived for centuries, if times your luck and skill not failing you is a measure MC just got presented a dick so large he'd need a black hole as anus.

Something on the lines of the old ones hating on the necrons for not believing in them or some shit so they decide to get rid of them by creating orcs

>Using numbers

This isn't a numbers issue, mate. Spout your little 1hp war of attrition crap all you want, it's totally irrelevant. The Space Marine completely outclasses John in every way by miles, and this isn't a beat-em up style exploitable fight - it's a literal battle to the death considering the strengths and weaknesses of both sides.

Where John's weakness is that he is completely outclassed and his opponent doesn't HAVE any weaknesses.

>Taking what I said out of context.

Cutscenes are canon, I never implied they weren't. What I implied is that the cutscenes involve situations that aren't reminiscent of the general gameplay - e.g. the Spaceship barely escaping the Installation 04 in CE.

Things like that wouldn't happen in a 1-on-1 fight with these two, it's purely a contest of skill, power and equipment, where John is once again outclassed. It's not like the Space Marine is going to trip and fall down a cliff and be impaled, where a Pelican falls on him as well (And by the way he'd probably survive that) as a testament to John's luck.

Try harder, you've said nothing of value. And considering I've been a Halo fan for longer than 40k, I'm dissapointed with your reasoning.

Spartan-IIIs, even Noble Team, are confirmed canon. Just so ya know.

Nah. Necrontyr wanted their medical tech, but the Old Ones denied them, due to moral differences. The Necrontyr got pissed, contacted the C'Tan, sold their souls, and then started to make war on the Old Ones, resulting in the Old Ones creating the other races to help deal with the Necrons.

the only way they could keep track of an entire planet and its subjects is if these guys are literally superman/men
and superman is fucking shit

The dictates of His Holy Magisty says that all human worlds are to be brought into HIS light.
The USNC is just a world yet to be introduced to HIM ON EARTH and therefore not heretical.

what i meant :D

The Necrons hated the old ones. Envious of their lifespans and abilities. The Necron world was bleak and deadly, it's people were sickly and weak. They sacrificed themselves to the C'tan in order to take war to the old ones. The Necrons were driven mainly by petty jealousy and hate. It's pretty awesome kek

Wow, you're so mad. I just said that Orks are nothing like the Flood, because they literally aren't, and you're going and calling me butthurt, mad, autistic and a faggot to boot.

Is this irony or what?

Makes a little more sense now. Why are there portals/temples on random worlds though? Just bases in the war on the Old Ones?

You know, the way you wre-wrote my post just makes it even more awesome. +1 internets user.

the Imperal Navy its dealing with: traitors, Heretics, Orks, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tau, Necros, Tyranids, Random xeno race that fuck humans planets, etc. all at the same time. if the imperial navy could catch a break and focus on only 1 target they will steam roll that target just with numbers. so yeah the Imperial Navy.

Not just basically a god. He's the most powerful psycher EVER. Motherfucker is so in tune with the warp he can't die.

Orks really are very very different from the Flood. You're right. One is a fungus based lifeform with a culture entirely reliant on war. The other is space stds

Space marine no doubt.
>atleast a century of experience
>those augmentations
>faith in the Emprah
>wargear

>Space stds

My sides

The Old Ones knew how to control the Warp/Immaterium back when it wasn't a massive fuckstorm. Those polar gates are the basis of the Eldar Webway - Tunnels through the warp made for instantaneous travel between worlds.

The Eldar were taught the tech by the Old Ones to aid in the war.

and yet he just did as did the person before him

Probably not the Tau tbh. They have tech that would make the God Emperor of Mankind jealous.

the whole galaxy used to belong to the old ones so there is alot of their technology trowed around on the galaxy

After they got sick robot bodies the Necrons went around just fucking shit up for everyone until they were driven back by the Eldar and the last of the Old Ones who subsequently birthed the warp during the War in Heaven. Bringing into reality what are called Subjugators if I remember right. They were the base demons, they fed on raw emotions and enjoyed taking over minds and shit.

Necrons don't hold up well against warp magics and shit so they fucked off and basically said. "We'll be back fuckers!"

Right? Although, if they were to let him die, the Astronomican would go blank for maybe six hours... And then the Emperor would be reborn a TRUE Chaos God, although the Anathema to the other Four.

That moment when Cred Forums teaches me Warhammer lore. Thanks

the Tau have the tech not the numbers also their ships are slow as fuck

yeah but give them a sword and they wouldnt know what to do with it. and their shitty kroot allies are walking sticks

The Tau can't even make true Warp Jumps. The Imperial Navy would WRECK them immediately on engagement.

You think to yourself 'yeah I know plenty' and then you click on a random thread and it turns out that board game with the models that everyone plays at the games shop has like Tolkien level lore and for fucks sake, to the wikis!

Yeah but in that time shit would get real bad. It's also hard to say if he'll become a God or not. He does have the power but at the same time he's been stuck in a chair for 20,000 years so maybe he's not as well off as we thought? I dun know kek

Nigga you dumb. Sm have decades if not centuries of combat experience against all sorts of xenos and csm. Mc has like 5 yrs against the covenant... not even close.

Gaunt's Ghosts is worth reading if you like wars against Chaos. Not sure what the rest of Cred Forums recommends.

It doesn't make it valid though. The Flood is different in every way from Orks barring the fact that they try to kill everything, and even then the Flood's goal is total assimilation.

That clearly isn't the case though kek. They woulda done something about the Tau already if they could. The Imperium in the current Canon is stretched incredibly thin. Like dangerously thin. If the Tau weren't so busy dealing with Badass McFarsight and his sick melee they might be a threat to the Imperium.

>Stuck in a chair
Filthy Heretic, the Emperor is with every Imperial citizen at all times.

Are you saying mc weapons and tech are before the dark age? And are better? I mean look at a bolter. .75 caliber explosive rounds. A battle rifle is what a 5.56mm? I literally dont think he could even hurt him unless he hit them where the armor has seals

also i forgot that the Tau depend too much of their technology and their Ai, one day they are going to fuck themself with their own version of the "Men of Iron"

There's a great Warhammer Parody series on Youtube that explains it fairly well, and the characters are all in....character as well.

Halo lorefag here:

- pretty much any of the non bottom level space marines would beat a SPARTAN

- That said, if the SPARTAN has a smart AI on them, that would vastly increase their chances of winning

- In terms of faction vs faction, the imperium is much larger and stronger then the UNSC, but the UNSC has superior FTL technology and AI, and is more open to changing their tactics and advancing tech wise. So if you put all of the UNSC against all of the imperium in one fight, the UNSC would get rekt, but if they are allowed to run away and do guerrila tactics they might do fine

- The covenant, while much better armed then the UNSC and having even better FTL tech then the UNSC, is still not nearly as big as most 40k factions since 40k doesn't try to stay grounded in reality. Also, the coveant is averse to innovative tactics and running away/are obessed with honor, so they'd get wiped out.

- The forerunners as a faction at their height could probaby fight the entire 40k universe to a standstill. They have absurd mastery over FTL travel, increidibly advanced AI, and technology far supeuiror to nearly all 40k factions. Only the Tyranids, Necrons, would be an issue, and not even a huge one. (chaos gods, c'tan, etc might still be problems)
-
- How well the flood would fare depends on how far along their infection gets before being discovered. Assuming the Flood reaches late stages, the situation would be the same as with the forerunners, except eventually the flood would just win

- Precusors are totally unmatched and unopposed by anything in the 40k universe, even the chaos gods and the C'tan. Absolutely nothing stands a chance.

Gonna need the name user.

the last church its a great reading, if you cant afford the books, try this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=qg1MrCyCmNU
a really good audio book

Yeah well Khorne gave me a birthday present of an axe that constantly thirsts for blood regardless of who's it is. So there. If I wasn't fused to him helmet by the warp flowing through me id stick my tongue out at you.

youtube.com/show/theborealecast

What primarch said to take a planet you send a legion? A state a squad a city a single sm? (I dont remember it all)

But the flood is comparable to the Tyrannids. Flood would lose

The forerunners might be even more powerful than the Imperium. Halo Rings that take out whole systems vs ship based exteriminatus. Id give it to the halo rings

I'm sorry user but I haven't watched it for so long and I can't remember its name. You might be able to find it by typing in 'Warhammer 40k Parody' or something but other than that, I can't help.

Well played Heretic. Well played.

Nigga cant even spell ork right. Trying to prove they are better than sm. You dumb

Actually yeah the other user got it right. Good job user.

Ehhhh. Not really. Tyranids don't take over bodies and stuff. They use all the biomatter they find but they don't really do the whole conversion of other races into gross monsters. Well technically I guess they do but ya know what I mean.

That's exactly what a heretic would say.

Your dumb. Read wh40k wiki on space marines then come back. Fan boy

>They're literally taken from the ages of 10-16, put through trials for like the next five years, genetically enhanced, biologically modified, and psycho-conditioned to be the most brutally effective warriors alive.
>And the engagement scales are absolutely insane in Warhammer. One company of Marines (100 strong) can be sent to quell rebellion and pacify entire worlds.

You ignorant faggot. 1 ten man squad would be enough, fuck, sometimes just 1 marine is enough
Also, each chapter does their recruiting and initiating differently

Get out you fucking normie REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Genestealer cults

Waahhhggg

You deserve trips for that valuable contribution

Announcement to Hammerfans

You guys gotta watch If The Emperor Had a Text to Speech device.

Shit makes my sides accend to the heavens.

Damn. Forgot about those. Kek you're right.

Want to talk about plot armor. Go master chief vs cato sicarus
Mc would die so hard

Genestealer cults are more like scouts than a proper army

>passive probability manipulation with no evidence of a limit is irrelevant
You have no understanding of statistics. Match-ups only matter if the amount of luck that John has isn't greater than or equal to a win condition. You're stating that that value is too low? Go ahead. Cite a limit to his luck and quantify it as less than what is required. I'll wait.

You used the fact that "luck" never happens in gameplay as though it's somehow a mark against John. How is that taking it out of context? I'll give you putting words in your mouth, but your argument at the very least was that since it's only shown in the cutscenes, it's somehow less valid. It's also shown in the books and cartoons.

>purely a physical context
You have no understanding of how horrifying probability manipulation is, and asserting that quantifiable luck is irrelevant is asinine.

And please. You're entire argument is "luck doesn't matter, John is outclassed in every way." That's what you call saying something of value? Please.

This argument is going nowhere and getting boring. We're repeating our points, stating that the other's point has no value. The argument we're having is quite frankly moot. At the end of the day, it's 100% dependent on whoever writes the script for the battle of two overpowered fictional characters.

Have a nice day, and enjoy whatever videogame franchise you choose to play today. I'm done arguing this.

Unless they had floating skulls that had auspex scanners, audio and visual transmitting capabilities in massive quantities

Or the mystical ability to track and control transmissions that are broadcast

Ya dig?

Fuckin Cato is too OP in the Canon. Goddamn Mary Sue ass Ultramarines. Kek

Trips checked. Dude you send 1 chapter and kill the covenant

End level flood are reality warpers.

halopedia.org/Key_Mind
halopedia.org/Neural_physics

It's likely the flood would be able to also corrupt the necrons to be on their side with the logic plague at this point if not even beings like the god emperor

halopedia.org/Logic_plague

I like to think of them as scouts mixed with PDF. They can take over a planet but they'll lose a drawn out fight.

Cato Sicarius, and Kaldor Draigo if you want to see true Plot Armor

You're trying to make yourself sound smart but really it just looks like pretentious spew and being unable to admit Chief isn't the Green Armored Diety you think he is when compared to real Sphace Marhines.

Ya they made the eldar too. Some debate that the tau even

If were talking any spartan, he'll lose no doubt. If it's master chief well... nothing changes except for that one thing that you can't buy with genetic modification and super armor.

>luck

Not saying he'd still probly lose but he does get lucky

>if the SPARTAN has a smart AI on them, that would vastly increase their chances of winning

That's situational. A smart AI won't help much in a 1 on 1 fight and even in a more favorable situation, a Space Marine has enough skill and resolve to thwart it.

>but if they are allowed to run away and do guerrila tactics they might do fine

Probably, but I doubt it would matter in the long run.

- The forerunners as a faction at their height could probaby fight the entire 40k universe to a standstill.

The Forerunners were powerful but I honestly doubt that they would win. They lost against the Flood, after all, and the Flood would be wiped out by the Imperium and the 40k universe because they would most likely be detected early, and then wiped out with intense scrutiny very quickly.

- Precusors are totally unmatched and unopposed by anything in the 40k universe, even the chaos gods and the C'tan. Absolutely nothing stands a chance.

Actually they've not been expanded upon enough to really judge well enough. They were straight up overthrown by the Forerunners, remember, and that's why we even have the Flood.

Your reasoning is better than most, though, and I may be wrong.

Pacifying a planet is not the same as holding a planet.

Lucky in a fight against a Space Marine would mean mutual destruction.

THEY HIDE! IN METHAL BOXEZZZZ! WE SHALL TAKE THIER METHAL BOXEZZZZ FROM THEM!

not all space marines, Lamenters problably lose a fight against master chief due to luck, and the blood ravens would get "gifted" anything that master chief could own including cortana

Anyone know if any chapters use a melta? Easiest way to kill a Halo in my opinion.

I dont think there's anything man-portable in the UNSC arsenal that's capable of piercing Astartes power armor, besides the Spnkr splaser and railgun.

The rockets move a little bit faster than paintballs and the splaser/railgun takes a solid three seconds of charging to even fire. I dont think theres much chance of either of them connecting.

The covenant energy sword could probably slice through but spartans arent really trained swordsmen, especially compared to decades or even centuries of experience an Astartes has.

Really not a fair comparison, I think. Astartes are on a whole different level of warfare. Spartan vs Kasrkin or Tempestus Scion would be much more evenly matched

Lamenters lose at everything though kek

I doubt they can even armor up without some kind of technical malfunction kek

Oh god i forgot about kaldor. Or shit any named space marine pretty much has plot armor.

The truly forsaken chapter

Sure, plot armor in WH40K gets fucking ridiculous because that's the name of the game. Gratuitous and ridiculous.

So this is personal attacks time then? Very well. I'll be sure to use smaller words this time so you might understand them this time. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Fucking Draigo. Breaking reality and shit.

All chapters uae meltas? If im not mistaken? Or do ig use melta and sm use plasma?

Alright guys, what do I read to know about this Kaldor bullshit.

This is your argument:

>JOHN HAS LUCK THEREFORE HE WINS!

That's not even an argument, that's a blind attempt to shill a meaningless statement that has been proven false. In fact, one could argue that his luck is irrelevant seeing as it won't come into play significantly anyway.

Trying to use numbers doesn't make you sound smart, it makes you sound retarded because it's irrelevant and meaningless.

You're merely spouting meaningless crap and dismissing the proof because your fanboy levels are ridiculously high. The fact that you're quitting this argument after being proven wrong and failing to rebutt me just further balidates me, and the fact that you've lost.

Have fun wanking to Cortana tonight, you may want to check SankakuComplex for the good content, moron.

Oh you mean those guys who are using ACTUAL fucking magic?

we had a thread about this on a month ago

space marines stomp

Heroic is not the true or canonical representation of halos universe.
If the covenant were only heroic smart, and not legendary smart. they never would have made it to earth in the first place.
Probably would have been taken out by an asteroid field along the way.

>1 man in green armor takes on a whole army of aliens and stops them
>then he fights more aliens and goes to alien place
>then it turns out there are worse aliens but chief saves the day
>then he wakes up in space with different aliens and cortana is having her monthly but he still saves the day
>this time with QTEs ooooooooh fancy

Halo. Is equally ridiculous.

>>MC can survive a fall from space.
What are drop pods?

Aren't like, half of 40k reality-warpers?

Cheef wut r u doing

Finishing da battle. Whooodiddlydowhooohooooo!!

Then more games come out and we all feel a slight disappointment at continuing something that ended perfectly

He fell from a space station in only his suit dude.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Kaldor_Draigo
the source its matt wards so get ready for huge levels of faggotery and heresy

Space marines can requisition just about anything in the imperial arsenal short of a titan legion.

Thats not to imply, however, that the Munitorum wouldnt lose the requisition form for twenty years, misread it when they find it, and end up shipping 30 million crates of lasgun charge packs to a planet that was eaten by Tyranids 2 centuries ago.

Yes then was venerable for a couple hours while he shook it off. The only reason he lived is cause Johnson found him before the Covies did.

Ya know who else survived falling from orbit? Commander Mother Fucking Shephard.

Read again until understanding of drop pod gained.

Google his name wh40k.

Ooooh nice damage control you stupid fucking faggot just quit already you make yourself look even more stupid with every breath of air you rob from a more worthy organism.

Yeah shep 'survived' the shit out of that little planet dive.

They send laspacks not only to space marines but the wrong chapter entirely.

Fucking lasguns show up at the Flesh Tearers fortress and they just are overly confused and angry about it.

Then they kill a bunch of Battle Bitches and Guardsmen now their future is uncertain and it makes me kinda sad.

He was fine. Cerberus just sped up his healing process a little. Kek

Mc = Impeial guard stormtroopers, Nuf said

Ya i know that. But most have their own armory on their home planet or ship. Do they field them? Or do they mostly use plasma? All the books ive read is plasma but ciaphas cain.

>implies the entirety of your points haven't been statements as well
Yeah, ok. You have fun stroking your massive e-dick there, bud. The only thing me getting tired shows is that I'm not as stubborn as you in a contest that's basically "no, MY character has a bigger dick." Congratulations. You're more stubborn than I am. You go ahead and take that achievement. I don't want it.

Sort of a question is that, everything in WH is op as fuck, be default anything from the WH universe wins

Plasma is honestly used way to often for how rare it supposed to be in the Canon imo

correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't mc single handedly bring down an entire alien faction, kills the flood and fucks up one of those überthings that are like a million years old

I think you know what kind of question it is pal.

Single Handley is forgetting the entire UNSC fleet following his trail of destruction. Kek I'm sure his ass was pretty covered by other people or he'd have gotten boxed in super hard.

You are wrong.

>Honor guard
>force swords
>FORCE SWORDS
Brother, he isn't a librarian of any rank. Report to your company chaplain immediately for your penance.

what kind of armor do spacemarines even have ?
their weapons dont even seen impressive or high tech either. they have just big guns and chainsaw swords.

Lol you're calling me stubborn, and twisting this situation.

I've been making statements as part of my argument, and these have been provable facts that also prove you wrong.

YOU have been making ad hominems against me, and making statements that have no meaning or are just false, that don't even amount to an argument.

It's time to stop posting user. The fact is, I have proven you wrong, and now you're just pulling damage control and denying everything in an atttempt to look validated.

It's not me who's being stubborn. All I'm doing is telling you what you're doing after I've just proven you wrong several posts ago. You are the one who is refusing to admit that you're wrong, and failing to actually disprove me with solid evidence and reasoning.

Keep going though, keep calling me stubborn even as you keep being the Pot that calls the kettle black.

That's effectively my point. That guy was comparing a space marine to a Mary Sue and arguing that the Mary Sue would lose by virtue of skill or firepower. But he can have his victory in being stubborn. There's no arguing at this point, just a dick measuring contest that I don't care for.

Google Ceramite

They field them. It varies chapter to chapter though, the Salamanders and Blood Angels have the hugest boner for burning stuff but the Black Templars are more of the bolter-and-chainsword type.

bump

>It's not me who's being stubborn. I'm just objectively right and always have been.
Ok.

because its broken vs broken, and they GW ads more broken in to the formula.
its like sayings who would win superman or superman, and then ad other supemans to the formula from time to time until it becomes a big ass clusterfuck

Retard

The master chief has LUCK written into his character lore, he can't lose.

What like limitless luck or what?

That's a melta gun that Salamander is holding btw. I'm sure you realize that but figured it should be pointed out to others.

Melta for those of you who don't know, is a weapon that uses super heated gas and plasma to burn through armor. They can either be used against infantry to melt bodies and fuse steel to body. Or to peel the side of a tank like an orange quickly increasing the temperature inside as well as eating through everything it touches.

oh look. ANOTHER ONE.

Agreed. Melta is better i thought? Shorter range but less likely to blow up in your face

Cermaite armor. Iron halo force fields. Bolters are .75 calibre he rounds. Power swords etc.

Yes, I did prove you objectively wrong, using factual evidence.

I get what you tried to do there though, but mate - you mixed up the meaning of 'objective' with 'subjective'.

Stop embarrassing yourself and shut up, user.

Well see Melta is more like projected plasma almost like a flamethrower if I remember right. Plasma works by basically making a small star that fires out the gun. It's super complicated thus the reason it can fail catastrophicly. But it's also craaazy powerful, especially in the hands of a space marine, cause you are basically burying a ball of plasma into someone's chest at 200 meters kek.

God. I have a huge hard on for BT i just started playing table top. I use DA models and play them as bt. Its legit as fuck

Whatever you say, user.

they have force fields ? i didnt play many w40k games but space marines were never impressive or seemed to have shields or forcefields.

I dont think melta is plasma based? I always was told they uae microwaves to do that? Plasma is plasma guns? Lol i could be wrong. Never read up on them

The age thing means nothing, they might be stronger but don't list age when spartans are taken at 6.

I guess that's because they usually go up against enemies who are also retard strong.

Luck doesn't mean shit when a space marine that outclasses you vastly in every way is beating you mercillessly to a pulp. Maybe if Chief is lucky the space marine might leave him be after most of his bones are broken.

between you and that other guy, I'm realising that you kids are really shit at both arguing and accepting defeat in the face of overwhelming odds.

Ya iron halos. They are normally for captains and other ncos and higher ups. They are rare as fuck so line warriors don't get them

Then there's the charge ability some models will have. Especially deadly when used with a plasma cannon as a mortar. Imagine an explosion of plasma going off a couple blocks away from you. You'd feel that shit. It'd make a crazy crack, it'd heat the air, there'd be horrible screams as someone catches a glob of super heated mater to the arm. The guy who saw the explosion is now blind kek. It's nuts.

just go read the wiki for both and You will be like shit 40k all day

Now you're getting it. Was that really so hard?

Just ctrl+f luck in this thread.
We've been over it.

All of you guys are like "Hey this ant is the best ant ever. He has so much luck he wins even vs. beetles." It's still an ant getting stepped on my humans.
Hell it's a dick measuring contest and sure a barnacle has the largest dick in relation to body size but it's still not flat out beating the dick size of a blue whale.

MC is good but Space Marines are just fighting in another league.

That literally makes no sense. When sm are taken they are forced to fight first before they even can begin the trials. They have already killed people before they become augmented. Mc wasnt he was taken from a fucking playground if i remember right.

you need to consider that they are taken at a young age and by the time they are a fully fledged battle brother they have been doing the space fighting for longer than the average human lifespan.

I think it's a type of super heated something. It's been awhile since I've read about them either kek. But they do kinda act like a flamethrower and their range is pretty short comparable to other weapons a marine could be fielding. If you're the marine with the Melta you're probably the one in the bulky armor and near the back waiting for his chance to turn a tank to slag.

It makes sense, don't say being taken at that age AGE ALONE is something to consider when spartans are taken at a far younger age and are still worse.

>never impressive
In a world with entities that rip your anus the size of half the universe while being overloaded with warp MC would be as impressive as plankton.

>tfw some dipshits in this thread would argue that space marines could beat The Mask or Mister Mxyzptlk
Ok then. You have fun with that.

V true, look at hiroshima. Ten space marines dropped directly into a governors estate and a couple strategic orbital strikes would DEVOSTATE a planet. Easily enough to pacify a planetary populace. (esp with the very real threat of exterminatus if non-compliance gets bad enough)

Step aside you faggots. This guy right here would fucking stomp both.

>read the whole thread
>pic related

yup.

Well, at least there's lore mixed in. Love me some lore.

Not really. He deals with the most pussy ass demons.

like what ? orks ? or tyranides or whatever they are called ? they dont seem that strong they are strong because of their numbers, and if you look at games like dawn of war 2 how many orks can one space marine kill ? or how many of those other human soldiers ?

Oh the taken at whatever age is a dumb argument. Must have missed it.

>this group that multiple games and books are based on are cannon
No shit. That was your rebuttal? Bringing up Spartan IIIs when we're talking about most Spartan IIs dying on Reach? Is logic not on your school's curriculum?

Mister Mxyzptlk is on another level. That's basically asking for the Imperium to be turned into cat people and the Emperor Of Mankind being turned to the Emperor of Fuzzy Bottoms. Then he'll just leave. Laughing at the horrors he has wrought.. The horrors. Oh the horrors.

Avatar of khaine? Necrons? Umm are you serious? Literally everything. Games are games. They are balanced for a reason. Otherwise no one would play that faction.

>Shoot demon with a 12 gauge and it violently explodes
>Shoot an ork/nid/chaos marine/any 40k villain with a 12 gauge it laughs and exposes your vital organs to sunlight for the first time

He's a touch out of his league

I'm not the same user you're arguing with. Just so ya know.

retard don't argue validity of comparing/contrasting. it shows how underage and retarded you are. i'm going to compare you to an autistic faggot shoving tons of dicks down his throat. now i'm going to contrast you to him and point out he probably has less aids and dicks in his mouth

Like how Orks are unbalanced and EC right now so no one plays them but I desperately

Wanz to makz it orky!!! Getz da boyz tagetha! We goin stompin!!!

Even if you go back 10000+ years it gets worse.

The Thunder Warriors that preceded the Space Marines that helped the Emperor reunite earth would DESTROY *any* Spartan OR Space Marine

If the universe of Halo is ants battling, they're pretty damn strong.
Of course an RTS is balanced but shit a group of orks is elephants compared to the Spartans.

There's a huge difference between relative and absolute. Don't normalize values to 1, y'know, because that's not what happens when you put one absolute entity against another one.

Ya eldar and tau cheese

wrong, orks and nids shrug off weapons fire that would litteraly juice a human being. Space Marines beat them with insane martial skill and insane weaponry.

The Eldar are good in EC cause they have instant access to Melta. Basically someone tries to park a Rhino and suddenly there are 8 fire dragons blowing it up in a quarter of a second kek

Why are you getting so angry, user?

It's ironic that you're calling me underage and retarded when you're literally getting angry and insulting me for no reason lther than the fact that I said that the Flood aren't the same as the Orks.

Maybe try controlling your own autism, and stop spouting this 'compare and contrast' bullshit that has loterally no relevance to what I said?

Thanks.

Bfg says fuck you nigger

Well, off the top of my head, the average battle-brother has (roughly) 200 years combat experience. The oldest living space marine (outside of chaos space marines and dreadnought entombed marines) is Commander of the Blood Angels is 1100 years old.

A space marines lifespan is, theoretically, endless. Its just that every marine will die in combat at some point. No marine has ever died of old age, if its even possible.

I like you.

then its just cherrypicking anyway.

Mobile infantry

BFG wouldn't even tickle a chaos marine

EISENHORN all day.

That game has my dick rock hard in anticipation.

its not fair to add lost prymarchs

This is why i love the eldar. Their monofilament weapons (shurikens, artillery, warp spiders, and tanks use it) have a sterilizing property that eliminates all ork spores in the vicinity of where they land. No coming back from that you fucking overdeveloped fungus.

10/10 Post

5/10 Spelling

this isnt even an ylyl but i lost to this picture

Sly Marbo vs. everyone in the entire wh40k universe + the flash + superman prime 1 million+ phoenix force+ oan mkoll + saitama

Who wins?

The Eldar also live on flying space ship planet things. Except the Exodites. They have problems with orks sometimes. At least according to novels.

Anal Dwelling Cock Master Shitposting Faggot detected.

>chaos
yes and no.

Chaos can show up in forces in the few hundred to a few thousand (depending on whether its a warband or a old legion fragment) and the marines will still only show up 100-200 at a time. The key element missing is Imperial Guard support.

Guard do the grunt work, Space marines hold the key tactical elements.

Sly of course.

Top kek

I forgot to add Mkvenner, Marbo would string him up like larisel pelt though

They supplement with daemons and slaves though. They like hit and run.

If you want to see a good chaos invasion. I recommend, The Word Bearers Omnibus. It reads as though penned the Urizen himself. It makes me weep blood with its beauty and power.

Sly marbo wins hands down what kind of question is that?

Orks will outnumber marines 1000-1

Well not really.
I mean both are good in their own respective rights.

It's just that the SM fights and is successful on a battleground with level 10000's and MC fights and is very successful on a battleground with level 10's.

Spartans are nothing compared to space marines. A quick look at their Wiki says they can lift three times their body weight without armour. Make that at least 10 times for a marine, and thats a 8 foot tall body with extra musculature as well. Two hearts, enhanced brains for reaction times and idetic memories. When they lose limbs the wounds close after a couple of minutes. They only get bigger and stronger as they get older and can theoretically live forever.

Combine this with integrated power armour and weapons that are big enough to kill traitor marines/giant space monsters/your average tank and the debate becomes silly.

most chapters implant tactics and other stuff into an initiate. a regular space marine is a better commander than most imperial guard generals

Jesus christ. the tyranids weapons are mostly biological and melee stuff. Highly inefffective against flood. Now imagine if the Flood got ahold of a tyranid hive.

Imagine flood tyranid forms!
That's some scary shit right there

i dont see how orcs are level 10000 at all.
and i dont see how space marines weapons are even strong. how is a bolter stronger than master chiefs rocket launcher or spartan laser ?

Harry Potter could kick BOTH their asses!

Stop for a minute and realize the truth of this statement vs your little future space fairing hurr durr muh swords bullshit

>THE TRUTH

Can we give a direct comparison? No.
Values of games say nothing. Just the abilities.

Am I deep enough in weapon lore? Not either.
But it doesn't take a genius to see that no matter how strong and skilled a knight 700 years ago was any subhuman nigger with a gun can kill him now. And that's only 700 years difference.

To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter

Ultramarines, so it was probably Rowboat Girlyman

Some of the Chaos Marines are over 10K years old and without warp influencing age. Regular SM have too many enemeis to live that long, but Chapter Masters are usually over 1000

Sicarius

Thank you for this contribution to the thread.

Literally everything you listed a newly initiated battle-brother can do.

MC literally doesnt have the weaponry to hurt a space marine.

The most recognition a Space Marine would give MC is "not bad for a human"

>space marine gets arm ripped off
>i didn't lose my arm its right over there

>spartan gets arm ripped off
>screaming and bleeding to death

WITCHCRAFT IS HERESY

Master Chief hands down.
Not only is Master Chief faster, he has access to a far greater arsenal and has regenerating shields. Let's not forget that John and ALL of the Spartan-IIs have superhuman strength too. If you've read the books and watched the anime and movies you'd be aware of this. The strength difference between the two would be negligible at best.

There's plenty of weapons that John can use to shred any Space Marine.
-Binary Rifle (One-Shot)
-Spartan Laser (One, possibly Two, Shot)
-Plasma Rifle
-Plasma Grenade
-Incendiary Grenade
-Incineration Canon
-Lightrifle
-Boltshot
-Rail gun
-Pulse grenade
-Scattershot
-Energy Sword
-Beam Rifle

All of these would destroy any Space Marine, and John can have any of them on him at any given time. The match was over before it started.

my nigger the imperial navy lost 300k ships at one point and they shrug it off and replenished that number in a few months

the covenant is not going to do shit lmaoo

Because each bolter round is litteraly a fucking .75 caliber rocket with insane velocity fired semi or fully auto fired out of a perfectly kept, oiled, and blessed bolter.

If weapons space marine probs win
if unarmed and no armour then mastermcchiefypants
only plasma weapons would get through the ceramite plate but those do exist so i guess it depends
if chief gets the surprise attack and has say an energy sword or plasma weapon, maybe a plasma grenade he wins,
if he doesnt then he loses
UNSC weapons would be like throwing pebbles

>some faggot future warpspawn could kill a decorated veteran space marine
Nigga you beat be playing.

there is a fucking halo anime ?

40000 years to develop a heavy machine gun ? thats not impressive

>No gear
Master Chief can fight better hand to hand and even out gave Crusader bait here his swords, chief has proven time and time again that he can beat the shit out of 8' aliens with fucking laser sword with his hands
Literally made a name for himself beating the shit out of religious fanatics with swords who've trained their whole lives
>Sound familiar?

Oh lord. Can we not?
They basically fought primitive tyranids already and lost horribly

The chief is way faster and way smarter but lacks the strength needed to punch through ceramite plate
he could easily outmaneuver the space marine though and perhaps use a w40k weapon
if the honour guard gives a sword to duel i doubt the chief would win though

Aw, the poor fanboy hasn't read the thread and also doesn't understand that not only is MC physically and mentally outclassed by vast amounts, his firepower also works terribly against SM armour.

Lurk moar and know what you speak of before posting.

>literally being this retarded
the fact that you have zero reading comprehension is why I'm making fun of you. somehow my point and other user's point keeps going over your head. I don't know how to make it more clear

He means Halo Legends, the thing released with Halo 3 back in the day. It's a collection of animated shorts, a few of which are anime styled.

Well the chief IS the best warrior in the halo universe
he's killed the same amount of aliens as most space marines

But they're trying to get off their craftworlds an repopulate these manufactured paradises called Maiden Worlds. They have problems with orks and tyranids like landlords have with termites. so they invented a usable bugspray

>Thanks
Go back to Tumblr. K thnx by

Really now. You don't know the slightest thing about warhammer do you?

a bolter is effectively a grenade launcher. Each bolt is self propelled and explodes after impact and there are various types. The space marine versions are also really big, like 1-1.5 caliber (maybe bigger). The AP rounds are made of really dense unobtainium.

orks steal shit so they have these guns and are 8-10 feet tall monsters that can rip a human to pieces with their bare hands. They also have a group psychic ability that makes their shit work because they think it does. Orks in 40k are a genetically engineered race and their fluff is quite weird but does justify why they are so tough

Yes, there is plenty of media related to halo and it's lore.

I imagine no one had read or watched much of it as they would have a hard time giving a Space Marine the win.

It is explained that not only is MC a lethal killing machine with 'luck', as some people put it, he's also a tactical genius as well.

Bullshit a space marine could pick up a warthog and throw it like a ragdoll. Never seen John with anywhere near that strength. Everybody keeps saying that John has more agility but a space marine in full armour is still faster than any human. I honestly doubt John would even be able to hit a veteran marine in a 1v1 they can dodge eldar marksman ffs

>i killed a 1000 toddlers this puts me on the same level as a space marine

Those 8' aliens he kills?
Are they 1000s of years old?
Are they capable of surviving years without food?
Are they capable of losing two limbs and able to still survive?
Do they have self-regenerating armor and flesh?
Do they have guns that fiire rockets in an automatic fashion?

Master chief has had his ass handed to him and slipped away on luck a bunch of times. he stands on chance.

All those weapons would be shrugged off by the SM armor.
Know Wolverine of X-men? SM armor is made from the same shit coating his bones...PLUS Stronger shit! They also have shields if they are Captians or Heros.
Also SM are Waaaaayyyy stonger, withiyt armor they can lift trucks, MC needs his armor.

>he could easily outmaneuver the space marine though
Nope.