/cfb/ - the city of texass Edition

>FINAL: texass 43 - cal 50

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrX5QyLM3gM
twitter.com/barstooltweets/status/777383467957059584
sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/17/12955520/how-eastern-michigan-ended-up-kicking-off-from-the-freaking-red-zone
youtube.com/watch?v=HqIBNX0CXDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THANK YOU BASED KLIFF

sec were 10-2 in owls last year

go big red

>the decrepit shambles of iowa city
>texass is back

all is well in the world.
the only thing that's bothering me is how these retarded fucking ap voters are gonna put Cal in the top 15 and Nebby will be like 25.

I expected Texas to drop down to probably #18 or so after this. I'm ashamed to see Texas come out so promising then burn out so quickly.

So immediate recovery is a real thing?

>THE STATE OF TEXAS

>beat Auburn
>tsips are definitely back

Thank Oski for Cal to hold on.

They are fool's gold, like always Notre Dame was overrated as fuck in week 1

>Longhorns

All that matters is new years owls. I won't deny last year was bretty good, 2014 tho wasn't. SEC had success 1 of 2 years. We'll have to see what this owl season brings

Horns and A&M should flip spots, right?

Texas oughta be unranked after this. You know it's true.

The Big 12 is officially dead. Expansion talks are dead. Every team in that conference is MAC tier.

>be #11
>lose to an unranked, giving up 50 points (should have been 57 if the running back wasn't a dumb nigger)
>think they'll only drop to 18
they're gonna drop from the 25 dude

They really shouldn't have been 11 to begin with and their win over ND looks worse now that ND has been more or less exposed as well.

breaking news tomorrow morning
Big 12 adds Houston and Cincinnati so as to not be left out of the playoffs

fast forward to november

Houston gets cornholed by Louisville

They were overrated after beating ND. I consider them in the top 25, but just barely. Anything below 20th is stupid.

is a anime an horse?

>Not Houston and NDSU

funny

There is one who could unite us one who could reclaim the throne.

we're (A&M) a fringe top 20 team. no reason we should be ranked top 15 unless we beat tennessee. sniffing the top 10 would require a win against bama and that is not gonna happen probably

the home team will figuratively never win this series

wew

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

if anything, they should be around 28-30
their only "quality win" is a team who is now 1-2

The KU Jayhawks did not lose. In your face big XII haterz

in the two years that college football has existed

yes
Houston will not do that.

a&m fan here and i hope you guys win a conference home game soon

>best defense
>give up 28 to Colorado

this shit is more cancerous than tripfagging

kys flyover fag

filtered

They won't add Houston. Texas fears anymore Texas teams eating into their recruiting. I'm sure they didn't want TCU in the Mac 12. Cincinnati is their best midwest choice. As for a second team, I'd go with either Memphis or South Florida. Seems crazy to add either, but Memphis is another ride-a-long team for West Virginia/Cinci and South Florida gives them a Florida recruiting/market share. Their choices are severely limited to small teams since the Texas network is still a thing (I think)

thank you ass to mouth

no hate here

have a nice season

Also talked to some of your fans at the game. They're bro as fuck because like half of them are vets. One I met was in Korea.

Since less disputable college football existed yes

What? Tennessee is hugely overrated. A win over Arkansas would be better

It will be cincy and Air Force

Houston will get memed into the ACC and everyone will lose their collective shits. mega-conferences will emerge and the big 12 will disappear

really makes me think

SEC fags BTFO

1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Louisville
4 Michigan
5 Clemson
6 Houston
7 Stanford
8 Washington
9 Michigan State
10 Wisconsin
11 Tennessee
12 Texas A&M
13 Baylor
14 Georgia
15 LSU
16 Miami
17 Florida
18 Arkansas
19 Utah
20 Nebraska
21 Florida State
22 Texas
23 TCU
24 UCLA
25 San Diego State

WHERES THE WEBM

You may only reply to this post if you're school is going to win it's division

>it's an overrated B1G episode

If we can turn things around and get a W over Baylor, TCU and another ranked team, I think we'll be back in the top 15. And this time we'd have worked for it.

>Immediate Recovery

I give you props in putting miami over uf

Dropping the ball intentionally before the end zone should be grounds for expulsion from the university

my favorite

>15 LSU

I'm okay with this

bretty gud

Wisconsin needs to drop way off for almost losing to a 0-3 team. FSU punished too much.

which of those teams is overrated?

for how shitty your nfl rankings are, this is pretty solid.
even though sdsu beat cal, there's no way cal isn't going to be in the top 25 after beating a #11 team even if texas was overrated as FUCK at this point.

STOP PUSHING TAMU UP IN THE RANKINGS. IT'S JUST GONNA GIVE BAMAFAGS MUH QUALITY WINS ARGUMENT.
REEEEEEEE

see

Can Cal win 8 games including a bowl game this season?

michigan
michigan state
wisconsin

we shouldnt be ranked still

Our def is absolute garbage as anyone can see

>FSU punished too much.
fsu fan detected

they were fucking raped dude, by like 6 or 7 scores. they're gonna fall pretty hard.

Everyone below #9 is shit and has struggled with Sun Belt, MAC, C-USA, or FCS teams. The order of them is not particularly important.

I see maybe 3 wins, the last one coming from Oregon st

So I mean there's absolutely no way >we aren't ranked at this point right? Beat Cal who just beat #11 ranked team, riding a 13 game winning streak, have a Heisman candidate and nations leading rusher

I mean I think it's time >we got a little respect

yes. but each game is going to be exactly like tonight's. high score shootouts and whoever chokes less wins

By the #3 team in the country. They'll be 10th probably. Cap it.

And I fucking hate them.

NDSU should be 25 and Oklahoma will not drop out

>tfw you cuck Tecas 2 years in a row

ndsu isn't eligible as they're not an FBS team

>1-2
They certainly deserve to drop out, but probably won't.

For the polls? Of course they are. If you mean playoff rankings then no they aren't eligible.

ND and Ole Miss are definitely dropping out, perhaps Iowa too. And of course y'all deserve to hop at least one other team. So I'm sure you will be.

I thought they could still get votes, thus they are eligible?

Can this become a rivalry
I always found Texas-Cal bants on Cred Forums hilarious

Actually they are eligible to receive votes. I read about it on Twitter I believe.

Bama
2. The MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
3. U of Houston
4. Clempson
5. North Dakota State
6. Harvard
7. Northwest Missouri State
8. The Ohio State G5 stomping Buckeyes
9. LOUISVILLE
10. SDSU

losing to two very real playoff contenders should be considered.

But it's just two California teams playing

>Notre Dame
>Ole Miss
>FSU
and nothing of value was lost

W-What are these rankings?

I knew we were going to have trouble with Cal but I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

Anyway, congrats Calfag. We'll see you next year.

well it's pointless to give them votes so i don't see it happening

If they looked good in those losses maybe. They were BTFO today and didn't look very good against Houston. There is no legitimate reason to rank them.

you know what, I don't doubt it. AP voters are literal retards and I can't understand how it's still a thing anymore. Just creates more talking points I guess.

It wont be though.

Ole miss should be top 20 but they'll fall off for losing to top ranked teams.

OU should see the same thing

>he doubted Webb

Webb and Hansen are legit as fuck. I think they're going to be fine pros

>two Texas teams

ftfy

half of cal's players are from texas

deluded foolverine rankings. done by a few broken dell laptops from 2001.

Legit would eat her shit right out the toilet

I hope you win 9 games this season and play Cal in a bowl game.

>tfw was going to reply and say USC should be the team to represent this state
>realize they suck, SDSU or Cal
>SDSU beat cal
>from Boston and live in SD now

....go Aztecs?

FSU is not that bad bro. Louisville is legit. Plus everyone below #9 is shaky so it doesn't really matter who goes where.

I actually didn;t have them ranked.

But some tOSU tripfag came in and said some player I had never heard of was injured so I took tOSU off and replaced them with THE Michigan University.

I wish they'd just fucking lose so I can put another fcs team on

AZTECS WOULD BOOTYBLAST BOTH THESE TEAMS

Meant to be read up to down, left to right. Basically the more left your team is, the higher you are.

Top Teams: Teams that had a marquee win and/or stellar performance. This week's candidates are pretty obvious.

Kek Teams: Teams that done goofed. Again, these candidates are a given. Three now 1-2 teams and a team that lost to a FCS opponent.

I could tell they're good. Didn't crack under pressure or anything. I hope they take Cal far this year. I'm sure they'll be ranked after tonight.
Thanks friend. To be honest i'm still hoping to play Houston in a bowl game but Cal would be a great opponent too. I'd buy tickets for it.

WHO CAN SAY WHERE THE ROAD GOES
WHERE THE DAY FLOWS
ONLY TIME

>you now remember that texass newtripfag who doubted the power of kliffbabbys
fucking kek

>a michigan or Tosu with a loss over a no loss Houston

Why don't your rankigs see into the future faggot?

teams that lose to fcs teams are basically ineligible

Are you the only Taco Tech fag on this board?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Based Kliff

How can some of these teams be undefeated? If you imply tOSU is going, wouldn't that mean Wisconsin loses? MSU? Nebraska? Confusing desu

TYBK

it's current standings

>Tennessee
>not a Cuck Team
bad form famalam

I probably won't take that into consideration until the real playoff rankings are released, which isn't until like week 7 or 8?

Fair point.

This is just 'as of now' rankings. There's too many teams on the board right now to take future matches into account just yet. Give it a couple more weeks, fizzam.

Sure they only beat Ohio by 9 but they still won. If they lose to UF next week then they'll definitely be on there.

Baylor is going to win the big12 and there is nothing SJWs can do about it

Why would they be a Cuck team for losing to a clearly superior rival?
Almost losing to APP State is much more cuckworthy

Why is the quarterback option so effective in college?
are college defenses just shit tier compared to offense or what?

college linebackers are trash

QB's can just win by being way more athletic than people in college

louisvilleqb.jpg

I believe you mean TCU fampai it's okay I got you

>burnt orange fag nowhere in sight

Ahahahaha have my fucking sides

Well yeah, but the Top and Kek teams are only based on their performance for that week's game and the playoff implications brought because of their loss. I couldn't do a chart based on just week one though, even week 3 is pushing it a little early but I had nothing else to do tonight.

Because its the patrician choice of offense. The best QB in the NFL (Russell Wilson) runs the QB option.

NDSU is eligible to receive votes my dude

he'll be back along with the rest of the fairweather texass posters (not counting jebus) when they get a meme win over the dead carcass of OU

aOSU gonna lose to MSU

Will they stick around for them to lost to Taco Techo?

if the quarterbacks are so good in college and the defense are so shitty why does it become complete opposite in the NFL?

serious question here since ive never follwed cfb

Because the entire defense becaomes as athletic as the qb's.

Unless the QB's are rg3, then they just kill the QBs who are more athletic.

patrick mahomo will put up 650 yards and 7 touchdowns. ttu wins 69-66

Will Jawja Tech have a winning season this year /spee/

We'll see about that. tOSU 38 MSU 24 cap it now

Defenses in cfb are shit stupid and slow. NFL has too much parity for some athletic nig to run roughshod over defense because the entire defense is fast enough to counter mobile QB's

Yeah, but what happens after halftime?

The ACC championship game will be Georgia Tech-Louiseville
Cap this

Basically this.

You also have to consider that the NFL is literally the cream of the crop + veteran experience + next-level coaching

College defensive players are pretty much getting by on raw strength/speed

MSU playing the same QB that beat you at home last year as a backup against stacked odds.

Why the fuck is michigan top 4? They have beaten literally nobody and even struggled against Colorado until their starting QB died

>what happens after halftime
he gets the heismang

>not Miami

explain yourself

Because autism harbaugh, Jabrill Peppers heisman hype and hype in general

>georgia tech beating miami

HHAHAAHAHAHHA

Also is running option a system mostly specific to certain colleges?
>army
>georgia tech

I know there are other teams I am missing but I was only using the extreme examples

>muh croots
>muh Harbaugh
>muh Jordan brand

Both will end with 1 loss
GTech to Clemson
Miami to GTech

Foh asian girl

pretty much the same recipe that Washington is using
>generate hype after last season
>get preseason ranked top 15
>play cupcakes first few weeks
>sit and watch as other teams who scheduled actual opponents lose
>????
>profit

they beat BC by 3pts

Why all this hubris

I'm not proudful
Just clairvoyant

Mich will get BTFO by Wisco, Sparty, or tOSU, probably all 3 though

I'm drunk as hell sorry I read wash as mich

Seriously, what did I miss that made Washington fucking start the season at #8?

>Because the entire defense becaomes as athletic as the qb's.

why doesn't this happen in college though?
is it the coaching or does college coaches give fuck all about defense?

is it because the individual talent in college defense is too widespread compared to NFL where it's more concentrated?

there literally is no reason. these anomalies occur with the AP. just look at 2015 auburn

To boil it down to a simple point; yes. Think about every top level defender being drafted into the NFL as opposed to playing teams with 1 or 2, maybe 3, NFL caliber defenders and throw each from each team that do not get the chance to play one another during college, into the NFL. After that it's just superior coaching as well as players having to perform at a higher level to compete with team mates and compete om Sundays on general

they lost a lot of close games last year and brought everybody back. rankings are for 12 year olds anyway, pay them no attention

>mfw some fag on here said SDSU wouldn't beat Cal and wouldn't beat some literal who college football program the week after

Kys if you're reading this fag

reminder that the play was called dead

my nigga

>great coach entering his third year
>lots of returning talent
>really easy schedule
I'm not sold on Washington winning the Pac 12 but I think they are a legit top 10-15 team

>it's 3am and all the longhornfags have killed themselves. what do now?

get ready for varsity tomorrow/8-9 hours

What are the actual odds ND remains ranked?

Probably almost 100% because
>m-muh blue blood
even though they suck shit and will get exposed against the next team they face.

TEXAS IS BACK FOLKS

>couldn't beat a shitty Cal team
>back

I guess you missed lame vs horns game. Commenters said Texas is back after the the win.

Tbh this video is GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=WrX5QyLM3gM

My best week. BY FAR.

0%

they are 1-2 and Texas lost

This...
1-2 and one loss against a bad Texas team (for a change).

If you want to see how the option is meant to be run, just watch the undisputed GOAT CFB team. '95 Huksers

>picking the 3 obvious favorites was your best week
I pity you

IS THIS /literal sense/?

>mfw sneak is mad as hell because corpse gordon can't even finish in the top 20 and UGA is undefeated despite playing like literal dogshit and his QB is ded and his coach almost got his ass beat at midfield by Lone Survivor

>waiting until after 5 am to shittalk a tripfag on a Singaporean turtle flipping board

Nice try, fucker.

>he responds a minute later
>his trip is about the Orlando Magic
>his apehoop team is literally called the fucking harry potter M A J I K

Is this legit?

Pffft that was a fluke if we ran Zeke more we could've spared dantonio the embarrassment of being raped by Bama.

Man Florida state got fucked up the ass.

>'Dogs get assblasted by Toledo

Always disappointing me Fresno

Whst year is Lamar Jackson in? Is he NFL draft eligible?

if you have to ask then you already know the answer

Not until next year my friend

So through 3 weeks the top 3 hesiman contenders are Jackson, McCaffrey, and Barrett?

Who else is up there?

>Inb4 Peppers

basically they return a ton of starters from a 10-3 team and haven't lost yet. not that hard to understand. if Michigan isn't good and they drop games, things will work themselves out and Michigan will no longer be a top 5 team.

peppers is the answer

Peppers put up absolutely ridiculous stats against Colorado.

9 tackles (3.5 for loss)
1 sack
2 rushes on offense for 24 yards
2 kick returns for 81 yards
4 punt returns, averaging 25 yards (1 TD)

beast

he gets hyped a lot but there's not really other players who can contribute in all the different ways he does. also watching him hit/block is beautiful... regularly rattles the bones of opponents.

Only week 3 and they're out of the playoff discussion lel.

You left okie state out of the top25

NOT SO FAST

Pistols firing bby

>Though Alabama doesn't seem ready to loosen its grip on No. 1, it might be hard to argue that the SEC is still the best league. In fact, that distinction might belong to -- gasp! -- the Big Ten, which figures to have at least three teams ranked in the top 10 when new polls are released Sunday.

>Texass
>Jawga
>Cuckgon

Why were they ranked to begin with? Promise you Oklahoma will still be ranked for some fucking reason as well

And none of those teams besides Ohio State or Michigan State have beat anyone worth a shit

Texass because of damage control after Notre Dame losing

Jawja because "DEY SEC!"

Cuckgon I honestly have no idea

>lose to CMU

Even if it wasn't supposed to happen, you're not making the playoffs.

Your best hope is Baylor, lel.

i thought thats how cfb worked? pad stats until conference play and if you've got like 14 teams in a conference you pad some more until bowl/playoff time?

eh people are overreacting the simple fact that they gave him plays at all those positions.

hed had that punt return i guess, but the the rest of his offense and kick returns werent anything to write home about

This. Wisconsin is riding on their LSU win but the Tigers are mediocre this year.

Agreed. There is no way FSU drops out of the top 15. None whatsoever. I fucking hate that team, but the voters are idiots despite FSU losing by 43 points while they were still trying to score against Louisville backups late in the 4th. You're going to see Florida State ranked 12th.

>post yfw Baylor is the Big XII's only shot at the playoff after the Big XII tried as hard as it could to bury the rape scandal that rocked the school

The conference's hopes rest on program that is about to be booty blasted into the ground by the NCAA. O I AM LAFFIN.

They are eligible to receive votes and be ranked. This all stemmed from back when Michigan lost to Appalachian State at the start of the season when Michigan were ranked 3rd.

Texas still has a shot if they win out

>10. SDSU

are we a meme now?

TCU won't be a quality win regardless, Baylor is gonna treat you like they treat their female student body, and no one else they should beat on their schedule will be ranked.

>Oklahomo - BTFO
>Oklahomo St. - JUST
>Kansas, Kansas St. - lol
>TCU - Embraced the Big XII plays no defense meme, Kenny "I'm Shit" Hill is tanking this team with no survivors as well

>Florida St. suffers on of the WORST LOSSES EVER BY A #2 team in CFB History
>Will realistically still be ranked in the Top 15

Can we just stop pretending the Voters aren't all senile? And it wasn't even a late game so none of them have the "But I was asleep" excuse.

App State used to get votes all the time newcuck

The AP allows votes for teams on probation that aren't allowed in bowl games too since they aren't cucked by the NCAA

>mfw going 11-1 and been left off the playoffs because "Muh CMU"

Yet again the playoff system will be exposed. Reminder that there are 6 worthy teams evey single year.

>Hurrgia ranked
>Tennessee ranked high to start the season
>USC and Oregon were ranked
>Washington done jack shit and in top ten
>Jumpee Texas all the way to 11 after ONE win

Nah they are as retarded as made to believe

>losing to unranked cal, ND probably falling out of top 25

Not a chance.

fluke game that happened because of the heavy rain limiting the ability to throw the ball

am I gitting gud?

>1-2 record
>Top 25
yeah, fuck off

>GameDay to Rocky Top
Why not Sparty?

Because MSU-Wisconsin is going to be on the BTN, another noon game, despite being two top 25 teams

"The ball was not immediately recovered by Texas..."

>the best receiver in the country is white and is named Chad Hansen
>literally named Chad
:/

Nope he is the niggest and his name is James "The President" Washington

>lost to CMU
literally who

that aint Ridley

>tfw Miami, clemson, and Florida are all ranked

I'm cautiously optimistic, maybe losing by 43 is what it takes for this team to reach their potential. There's still a chance but from now on, every win has to be convincing.

Anyone else /hungover/ here? Roll Tide lads

Louisville is gonna choke hard

Change your name back friendo, we ain't done yet

It's going to be ok, right senpai?

Believe in Father Jimbo user, he will whip them into shape. This is a good learning experience for "our" young guys and for "our" strategies.

Chad Hansen will get his. Being that classless against Texas comes with a price.

It's so bad right now, it HAS to get better. They'll have a chip on their shoulder the rest of the year after getting absolutely cucked, humiliated, and bootyslasted in front of the whole country.

Jimbo is better than this, wonder if he'll tell Kelly to get his shit together or lose his job by years end.

Good morning /cfb/
>tfw you are 8 hours removed from Texas going back to shit

both incorrect

Noah Brown is the best receiver

I'm no racist but I actually want Texas to lose more games thie season so Strong can get shitcanned.

Again not a racist but I just don't think such a markey name college like Texas should have a black african american as a head coach, it's not a good look.

Am looking forward to briles or herman as our new HC come next year

I can't wait for the Jeff Cameron Show tonmorow and Seminole Headlines on tuesday, you listen?

Fuck, Seminole Headlines is so comfy.

After intense research, I have come to the same conclusion.

Also that the Michigan Wolverines suck cock. I expect 538/ESPN to report on my analysis soon

>markey

>markey

Are you trying to say "marquee"?

I don't really think you're memeing this one, bud

No, but looks like something I want to look into, I need a little comfy after yesterday, there is also the Jimbo call in show Wednesday at Four points Sheraton, my friend who is a fellow student went to it in person and he enjoyed it

I think he is. Cause no one says "black african american"

it will be ok, Juan. you can wear your longhorn shirt to work next week

Will ASU be ranked?

>markey

Both shows have great insight and analysis, they aren't huge homers who can't be rational or anything. Great radio/podcasting.

I just listen to them on an hour delay in Podcast form as soon as they air, they're on Itunes/Podcast manager apps/the 97.7 web site.

if OU, ND, Ole Miss, and Iowa are still ranked while ASU, SDSU, and Boise are not, I'll be bretty upset

You really need to stop picking memes

RMFTOTA

THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ANY OF YOU

GIVE UP NOW

Thanks user I'll check them out

>markey

Anybody else notice the epidemic of stupid fucking niggers dropping the ball at the 1 yard line and costing their team touchdowns?

We had two yesterday alone but the refs missed one, I swear I'm starting to see it happen once a week

Is there no limit to how retarded niggers can be? These guys are supposed to be college students too

whats wrong with being racist, friend

Okay sure maybe I spelled a word wrong doesn't take away from my point tho

I'm no mexican I'm white and proud of it(not a racist just proud to be white)

feels good man, although i think Westerkamp is the best reciever in the country

>white win lmao

Why does ASU deserve to be ranked?

I agree that Iowa definitely doesn't deserve to be ranked, but you could make arguments that OU and ole miss deserve to be ranked more than ASU

Record doesn't really matter 3 games into the season, the eyeball test suggests both OU and ole miss are significantly better than Arizona state

you're just mad he shit on your "markey" brand

You don't have a point retard

what comes around comes around as they say hanson will get paraylized on a cheap shot one of these games and I will be laughing it up cfb more so than the pros is about respect

My point was crystal clear Strong doesn't deserve to be the HC at Texas, not saying he's not a good coach purse say but he but the HC at Texas should be a white man(not being racist) and I want briles or herman to coach the team

>mfw

just stop posting

YOu frist

GOOOOOOD MORNING /CFB/. HO HUM, ANOTHER WEEKEND, ANOTHER COUPLE MIDWESTERN TEAMS RAPED. BUT WE'LL GET TO THAT IN A LITTLE. GOING EAST TO WEST BY TIME ZONE, HERE IS YOUR WEEKLY RECAP OF GAMES.

STARTING IN THE ACC, WHERE THE BIGGEST STORY WASN'T SOME CHUMP FORGETTING TO TAKE A KNEE IN THE END ZONE ON A KICKOFF AND LITERALLY HANDING CLEMSON A TOUCHDOWN. IT WASN'T PITT LOSING TO OK STATE IN A GAME THAT I'M PRETTY SURE IS STILL BEING DELAYED BY LIGHTNING. NO, THE BIGGEST STORY WAS FSU GETTING THEIR ASSES WAXED BY A SUDDENLY RELEVANT AND FOR REAL LOUSIVILLE TEAM. SO MANY FIRSTS HAPPENED IN THIS GAME IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE.

FIRST TIME FSU GAVE UP 60 OR MORE POINTS.
FIRST TIME FSU HAD 7 RUSHING TD'S SCORED ON THEM IN A SINGLE GAME.
FIRST TIME LAMAR JACKSON DID IT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.
FIRST TIME GAMEDAY PICKED A SHITTY GAME. (THAT'S A JOKE HEHE.)

LAMAR JACKSON IS FOR REAL. FSU MAY BE OVERRATED BUT HE WAS STILL MAKING FSU LOOK LIKE THEY'RE MOVING IN SLOW MOTION. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT JIMBO HAS GENE CHIZZIK SYNDROME - CAN'T DO SHIT WITHOUT A BLUE CHIP QUARTERBACK. AND DEANDRE FRANCOIS IS TOTAL GARBAGE. DALVIN COOK LOOKS LIKE HE'S SAVING IT FOR THE DRAFT. THE ENTIRE TEAM LOOKS COMPLACENT AND DOESN'T SEEM TO BE VERY HUNGRY FOR ANYTHING AT ALL. EXCEPT LAMAR JACKSON'S COCK.

IN OTHER NEWS, MIAMI IS STARTING TO MAKE SOME WAVES AS THEY WERE ONLY GIVING 4 POINTS IN WHAT WAS EXPECTED TO BE A CLOSE GAME AGAINST APP STATE. THEIR FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE WAS JUST AN 80 YARD RUN FOR A TOUCHDOWN AND THEY NEVER REALLY LOOKED BACK AFTER SMOKING THE SMALL MOUNTAIN SCHOOL. INTERESTING FACT: BOONE, NC ONLY HAS A POPULATION OF 18,000 PEOPLE, BUT 33,000 SHOWED UP TO THE GAME YESTERDAY. THE UNIVERSITY HAS 18,000 STUDENTS. I SPENT TWO QUARTERS AND 5 BEERS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF THEY WERE COUNTING THE STUDENT POPULATION AS TOWN POPULATION, OR IF IT WAS JUST SOUTHERN MATH. WHO FUCKING CARES. THEY ALL WENT HOME CRYING. DOES THIS MEAN TENNESSEE IS OVERRATED?

i'll give baker memefield this. he can take a hit.

PROBABLY, BUT I'D BE MORE CONCERNED IF I WAS VIRGINIA TECH.

MOVING OUT TO THE MIDWEST, WE SAW OHIO STATE GET A "QUALITY WIN" OVER A 1-2 TEAM THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY OVERRATED AT THE START OF THE SEASON. OKLAHOMA IS MAYBE, PROBABLY, A TOP 25 TEAM, BUT IT'S CLEAR THE BIG 12 IS THE BIGGEST DUMPSTER FIRE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW - ESPECIALLY AFTER TEXAS LOST TO CAL OF ALL TEAMS. THE SAME TEXAS THAT BEAT NOTRE DAME. THE SAME NOTRE DAME WHO IS PROVING ALL THE DOUBTERS CORRECT AFTER LOSING TO SPARTY LAST NIGHT IN A GAME THAT WASN'T AS CLOSE AS THE SCOREBOARD BELIED. NOTRE DAME IS STILL ON TRACK FOR ITS 7-5 SEASON, WITH UPCOMING LOSSES TO STANFORD AND MIAMI LOOKING LIKE FREE MONEY BETS, WHILE USC MIGHT ACTUALLY JUST BE TRASH ENOUGH FOR NOTRE DAME TO BEAT. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT HOW MANY 1-2 SCHOOLS WERE RANKED IN THE TOP 25 AT THE START OF THE SEASON.

THE B1G HAD ANOTHER FUN WEEK LOSING TO TEAMS THAT ARE BETTER THAN THEM. IOWA LOST AT HOME TO ASSASSINS NORTH DAKOTA STATE, ENDING THAT CONVERSATION MERCIFULLY AND EARLY. WISCONSIN PROVED THEY DESERVED THEIR RANKING BY SHOWING A HUGE AMOUNT OF HEART AND TOUGHNESS IN A GRIND IT OUT BATTLE WITH GEORGIA STATE. THIS TEAM IS #9 IN THE COUNTRY. MICHIGAN GOT EVERYBODY'S DICK HARD WHEN THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP UNTIL THE SECOND QUARTER AGAINST COLORADO, BUT GOT THEIR SHIT TOGETHER ENOUGH TO TURN IT INTO AN IMPRESSIVE WIN. SPARTY, THE ONLY LIKEABLE B1G TEAM OF NOTE, TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS. AND OHIO STATE, THE KINGS OF RESUME PADDING, GOT A "QUALITY WIN" AGAINST A 1-2 TEAM FROM THE BIG 12 THAT WILL PROBABLY FINISH THE YEAR UNRANKED.

MOVING OUT WEST, SDSU NOTCHED ANOTHER WIN, STANFORD BEAT USC, BUT THE BIGGEST STORY IS OREGON'S MEMES APPEAR TO BE FINALLY CATCHING UP TO THEM. AFTER ATTEMPTING TWO POINT CONVERSIONS ON EVERY TOUCHDOWN THEY SCORED (5) AND CONVERTING (1), THEY LOST BY THREE POINTS.

YES YOU'RE READING THAT CORRECTLY - HAD THE DUCKS JUST KICKED THE EXTRA POINT ON EVERY TD AFTER THEIR FIRST CONVERSION, THEY WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME. INSTEAD NEBRASKA AND THE B1G GET A QUALITY WIN AGAINST AN OOC POWER 5 OPPONENT. TYPICAL.

ALL IN ALL, A GOOD WEEK IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. NEXT WEEK'S NOTABLE GAMES: CLEMSON AND GEORGIA TECH MEET AS UNDEFEATED TEAMS ON THURSDAY NIGHT. IF CLEMSON CAN STOP THE MEME OPTION, IT SHOULDN'T BE CLOSE. WISCONSIN MEETS SPARTY IN WHAT I HOPE FOR THAT CONFERENCE'S SAKE IS A BLOWOUT FOR MICHIGAN STATE. NEWLY MINTED #20 FSU WILL MEET A REALLY FUCKING DANGEROUS SOUTH FLORIDA TEAM IN TAMPA. THE GATORS TRAVEL TO ROCKY TOP IN A RIVALRY NO ONE REALLY EVEN CARES ABOUT. AND SINCE THE BIG 12 IS SHITTING THE BED EVERYWHERE THOSE ARE REALLY THE ONLY INTERESTING GAMES HAPPENING NEXT WEEK. MAYBE LSU AUBURN IN A WHO CAN TURN THE BALL OVER LESS CONTEST?

REMEMBER: NOTRE DAME WILL NEVER BE BACK.

So you're telling me Iowa drops out but Texas doesn't?

ND, OU and Iowa can't be ranked. So does Texas desu?

>Georgia's reaction to barely beating a shitty team for the second week in a row.
twitter.com/barstooltweets/status/777383467957059584

CONFERENCE RANKINGS WEEK 3:

1. Big 1G
2. ACC
3. SEC
4. Pac 12
5. Big 12 - 2

i'd be this excited just for not losing to missouri

Congrats for literally stealing the first comment to the video and not providing a citation, thus plagarizing.

reported for plagarism.

i also think they were celebrating the fact they have a good QB now.

Still here. Still believing our season ain't over yet.

So a loss to Troy doesn't exactly mean USM will have trouble with their conference schedule right? Save for maybe Marshall?

take your anime pictures and fuck off. this is a manly board.

I reworded it a bit, so turnitin might not pick it up.

Why is everyone sleeping on Arkansas football? Since about November of last year they have been the best team in the country. I'd easily rate them in my top 2, behind bama.

marshall got stomped by akron

>bert
>barely beat la tech
>implying current tcu is an impressive win

Whats your predictions for Big 12 play? I'm believing for a miraculous win over Oklahoma and maybe 1 more loss (to K-State or WVU)

True, but Marshall always plays hardball once they get into conference games.

>Not taking the main idea and simply restating it in your own words

Millennials are so lazy. You have no clue how to cheat.

Pretty much my best week yet.

I think if Texas can play at a decent pace and not burn themselves out before the 4th quarter, we can beat our cupcake games, roll over OU and put up a decent fight against schools like Baylor and TCU. I'm not going to put it past Kansas St or WVU to cuck us because they've done it before and we don't prepare for them, they'll do it again. Overall I'm thinking if Texas gives it their all every game, we can easily go 11-1. If we play average, most likely a 9-3 season.

Didn't you watch the game last night?

>Why is everyone sleeping on Arkansas football?
>Since about November of last year they have been the best team in the country

Sure bud.

I couldn't catch it. I was drowning in the rain at USM vs. Troy.

>I think if Texas can play at a decent pace and not burn themselves out before the 4th quarter,
This is where this came in. Defense was burned out, running game was shit, only the QB was fighting for yards. Charlie has to discipline his boys better. Texas shouldn't have even made that a close game.

i was surprised at how fast oklahoma played at times. pretty much whenever they had the chance they were snapping it before the d line was really set.

mfw everyone sucks this year and we're a legit top 10 team again without trying

Get a load of this shit.

Stoops has a whole fucking Kliffbabby and can't manage to beat Texassss.

But retarded fucking ass le trips screen man sonny dykes does it 3 games into his kliff babby.

He even had a full off season with Gayfiled.

Stoops is legit garbage.

thanks for these QUALITY posts anonymous

feels good bro

Who /winless/ here?

I'm still pretty sure we're gonna lose Thursday
I've anticipated it since the schedule came out

Who /lost at home to mediocre in-state FCS rival/ here?

It's what you get for picking a university with a team that most people think is a spelling error

Who /rice/ here

You, just you.

It will always be just you.

Wait, you're the buffalo buffalos?

You deserve it desu

Alright it's time for Bob Stoops to retire so we can put Lincoln Riley in.

Bob said he's never going to be Lou Holtz or Steve Spurrier and Riley will be gone within 2 seasons. It's always been assumed Bob was going to retire in 2020 when his contract expires.

>anime on Cred Forums

Me because we went to the same school

Rice plays football?

Why so down Clemsanon?

Fuck off Texas fag. You let a nobody in Notre Dame score 47 on you and fucking Cal got 50.

We got raped by the 2 top 5 teams in the nation that will most likely be in the playoffs and we had to face them in our first 3 games.

We're going to blow you the fuck out, you might have to close down the program because there's no way in hell your defense can stop Mixon/Perine. You're not Houston and you're nowhere near Ohio State.

You did realize that Texas lost to a very average Cal team and Notre Lame just got exposed right?

>ok state

long season ahead mates

>tfw you had "Buffalo Bulls" on your résumé for ages before realizing that people thought you were careless enough to misspell a word on your résumé

Hahaha this coach poll
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Stanford
7. Houston
8. Michigan State
9. Washington
10. Wisconsin
11. Georgia
12. Tennessee
13. Texas A&M
14. Florida State
15. Baylor
16. Florida
17. Louisiana State
18. Arkansas
19. Miami
20. Nebraska
21. Texas Christian
21. Mississippi
23. Utah
24. Texas
25. Iowa

Also who /outdated logo on some websites and apps/ here?

>OU losses to #2 and #7
>unranked

Well alright that's fine.

>Texas beats exposed ND team by 3 points
>losses to unranked Cal
>gives up near 100 points on both games

Really

>at store yesterday, has a TV with the Appalachian State vs. Miami game on
>commercial bumper, look at the spotlighted player
>holy fuck I went to middle school with that guy

Others Receiving Votes
Oklahoma 106;
North Carolina 95;
San Diego State 87;
UCLA 81;
Boise State 62;
Oregon 50;
Oklahoma State 46;
Arizona State 34;
South Florida 32;
Georgia Tech 28;
Notre Dame 23;
West Virginia 19;
Western Michigan 16;
Minnesota 11;
Navy 10;
California 6;
Central Michigan 6;
Toledo 6;
Maryland 4;
Memphis 4;
Kansas State 4;
Army 2;
Auburn 2;
Western Kentucky 2.

>tennessee ranked 7 spots higher than miami
miami completely killed a team that Tennessee had trouble with.

>florida,lsu,and arkansas higher than miami

can we stop with this fucking SEC meme

You... actually think that's their name? What would make you think that?

This and our early season struggles

>starting linebacker dies between weeks 2 and 3
>blow the fuck out of UTEP (a college football team located in _Texas_) anyway
>continue to be undefeated
ON BRAVE OLD ARMY TEAM

I wish it was their name because at least people would know it was correctly spelled

Can Army get into the playoffs?
>It's unlikely there will ever be a Army-Navy playoff or championship game

kys

Are they eligible? Of course. Can they make it? No, not really.

>markey

Does he regret leaving?

Virginia Tech will win the ACC Coastal
Mainly because they don't play any of the good teams from the Atlantic

dont be so hard on texas guys

california and texas are the two best schools culturally and academically. this rivalry was about more than football, but dont worry texas will bounce back

Get fucked

Well guys
Who's hype for THAT 13-1 SEASON COMING UP YEAH HOOK EM

(On a serious note, we should really consider firing Vance Bedford and the refs)

>Cody Kessler playing for Browns
kek

>Army receiving votes

Are they back?

>Implying you had a chance without the refball

They got as many votes as Auburn did. What do you think?

>no ricefag on /cfb/ to talk anime with

Iowa didn't start getting votes in the AP until week 5 last year, and they managed to climb up to #4 in the country.

Army confirmed CFP sleeper.

>Texas is full of anime fags
Why?

2 MINUTES

It's been 4 minutes. Now what?

The AP needs to update their poll page.

Their twitter just says
>Louisville #3
>FSU #3
>Nebraska in
>Bootyblasters out

It sucks that Air Force gets left out of the service academy rivalry circle jerk. That being said, why does Navy have a more storied football history than Army?

>FSU #13
>SDSU in

WE DID IT LADS

you can talk C-USA with me and some of the other USM anons on board. We even have a tripfag. I haven't really seen any other C-USA fans here. Maybe one UTEP guy.

1. Alabama (50)
2. Ohio State (4)
3. Lousiville (6)
4. Michigan (1)
5. Clemson
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Michigan State
9. Washington
10. Texas A&M
11. Wisconsin
12. Georgia
13. Florida State
14. Tennessee
15. Miami
16. Baylor
17. Arkansas
18. LSU
19. Florida
20. Nebraska
21. Texas
22. San Diego State
23. Mississippi
24. Utah
25. Oklahoma

>Oklahoma is still ranked

Kek

>TAMU
>Wisconsin
>FSU
>Tennesee
>LSU
>Texas
>Oklahoma
My sides

Others receiving votes: TCU 132, UCLA 74, North Dakota St. 74, Boise St. 69, Iowa 47, California 44, Oklahoma St. 42, Notre Dame 32, Oregon 23, North Carolina 17, Georgia Tech 17, Cent. Michigan 16, South Florida 7, W. Michigan 6, Toledo 6, Maryland 3, Arizona St. 3, Virginia Tech 1.

CAL AND IOWA AHEAD OF OKIE STATE

THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE

>13. Florida St
What....in God's name

>21. Texas
I said 18 but close enough. This is a good spot for us.
Also,
>3. Louisville
Justice has been served.

I would assume Army would have the bigger history or the same
You're just looking at it from a time when Navy has better recent success

And the Air Force doesn't get to join until it gets a lethal Air Raid offense

>FSU gets anal raped
>only drops 11 spots

I was right about Miami making a big jump though, and SDSU being ranked. Didn't expect OU and Ole Miss to be there too :/

People actually voted for Iowa?

Is MSU the new booty blasters now?

>Arky against A&M next week

I swear to god if you lose at the last second again Arky. Fucking hell I hate A&M and their stupid dog.

NDSU is a quality loss.

LMAO at fsu

still a little irked at tennessee still ranked higher then the canes

Well whoever wins the UF/UT game will likely be ranked over UM because muh SEC

MY SIDES

GET FUCKED FLORIDA

>Alabama lost by 6 to Ole Miss last year and dropped 11 spots
>Florida St loses by 43 and drops 11 spots
I love the consistency, really makes me think

>GET FUCKED

You already beat us to it, lol.

Can we talk about how Chad Kelly fuckin punted yesterday?

Christ I wish you would get put in your place. Oh, wait, you did when Bama booty blasted you.

>NDSU sitting at #27

Damn, I was hoping to see them at #25.

Hopefully, the voters weren't memeing it up for this week only and NDSU can find their way into the top 25.

But who does Army has rivalries with? Who do they have history with? Besides Navy.

Outside of Notre Dame, which is arguably one of the best rivalries in college football, Navy has historic bouts against most of the Big Ten and former Big East teams.

>despite being two top 25 teams

Top 10

Ped St vs um is the 3:30 game. Disrespekt continues.

>OU gets BTFO by Houston and Ohio State, only win is against some shit team
>ranked
>USC gets BTFO by Alabama and Stanford, only win is against some shit team
>not ranked
Nice consistency, voters

The drops by SEC teams have to be more severe, because their huge jumps are completely unmerited in about 80% of cases.

how can nd state be ranked playing in the fcs?

The A&M dog is the worst dog in CFB.

FACT.

>not liking all dogs

nigga

It'll be easier to just accept that MSU's place is as an elite program.

Yup. They're allowed in the AP Poll, but not the Coaches, but that might change soon.

just you user. no one else was able to get in

>liking this dog

Is Bart Houston the worst QB in D1?

Army has had a football rivalry with Rutgers since 1891. I'm not aware of Navy having any non-service rivals. Maybe you just live in the DMV or something.

Is this new? I'd think it'd have happened sooner if not.

Army has been involved in most of the "Game of the Century" contest
They also have a rivalry with Notre Dame albeit less played

At least it isn't a disgusting pig or a fatass cow

MILITARY FOOTBALL RANKINGS:

1. Air Force
2. Navy

POWER GAP

>3. army

Baker Mayfield.

It happened the week after App St-Michigan. So almost a decade ago

Baker Mayfield didn't almost cost his team a game against Georgia fucking State.

Nene is the worst NewGame, riceguy.

Then why has only this NDSU team ever gotten this much love? They have a winning streak against FBS schools.

No, the AP Poll has been allowing votes for FCS schools for about 7-8ish years now. There has been votes for other FCS schools in the past, but never enough to plausibly get into the Top 25. North Dakota St usually gets a few votes when they knock off an FBS team, but this time they did it against a top 15 ranked team.

Also, FCS schools get 18 less scholarships, and old stodgy voters don't want to vote for FCS schools anyway.

Again, why would any care about Air Force if they aren't gonna get ab Air Raid offense

>Kentucky

>Mississippi
>Oklahoma

Why are teams with losing records still ranked? Give the nod to TCU and NDSU, not like it matters that much.

Luke Del Taco injury is an MCL sprain, UF will have him back against LSU in October.

>Luke of the Taco
Wow. What a name.

AP desperately trying to save face for their preseason rankings being total shit.

Same reason Wisconsin and Texas both broke into the top 10

i dont see the point either, the FBS rankings have no impact to them since they use FCS rankings for their playoff anyway

> Oklahoma is #25 in AP Poll with 1-2 record

this desu, its hard to truely accept it but this MSU that Dantonio built isn't the same MSU that existed in 2007

I live in the real world where Navy is desired enough to be part of an actual conference and has more than one rivalry. Navy has rivalries with Maryland, Rutgers, and Notre Dame, to name a few. Navy plays ACC and Big Ten teams all the damn time. Navy has a 38-40 record against the ACC, while Army has a 18-37 record agains ACC teams. Navy even has a all time winning record against C-USA teams, while Army, who was in C-USA from 1998-2005, has an all-time losing record against C-USA teams.

So tell me again how I'm delusional.

>le "Game of the Century" meme

so instead of the transfer from Oregon State we now play the transfer from Purdue

Not sure how those A&M dogs got in there.

Shits and giggles, m8.

How he fuck is Ole Miss still ranked

DEY SEC

muh SEC

>UNC still losing points despite beating a P5 team and one of the better FCS teams

Almost beating Bama > beating anyone outside of thw top 10

I'm pretty butt blasted that Wisky @ MSU is a Noon game tbf.

With possible exceptions for FSU and Clemson, the ACC gets no credit from the media whatsoever.

Can we talk about why Washington is in the top 10? WTF.

You clearly know nothing. Texas and Texas Tech want Houston, they said so themselves, meanwhile the rest of the big 12 is adamant that no Texas teams get added

Who said you were delusional? I'm just saying I never thought of Navy/Rutgers or Navy/Notre Dame as a rivalry but you might have a different perspective if you live within their sphere of influence.

I'm a Nebraska fan.

Also, new Herbie sucks.

I misunderstood the DMV reference, my bad. I'm from Mississippi so I'm definitely not in a Navy influenced area.

>MSU currently holds all four of its rivalry trophies
is the underdog chip on our shoulder mantra mentality eternal?

Probably will exist until you win at least one natty and five or six conference titles in 10 years tbqh

Right now Sparty is at the upper end of "very good" but isn't elite

Any kickoff later than 3:30 should be reserved for truly special occasions and some bowl games. Shit like Minnesota vs OSU shouldn't be at 8:00

Just how fucking bad is Louisville going to beat us down when we play over there at the end of the season for Rivalry Saturday?

>Florida already beat us 45-7 at the Swamp in the SEC opener so I'm expecting Louisville to beat us by like 90-10

>disrespect!
>the only reason they are ranked so high in the first place isn't because of anything they've done this year but because of past success

dat irony lel

yeah they can't play in a bowl and they play an fcs schedule so long term there's no point in giving them votes.

They're gonna have a running clock past the first quarter.

good job ignoring the fact that oklahoma started highly ranked and usc didn't.

WARNING

Eastern Michigan has a winning record (2-1). If the season ended right now it would be their best record since 2011. Also, they are the only team from Michigan with a loss.

Big 12 bias, it transcends even the media

The real bias is in the fact TCU and Baylor are so high... or even on there at all. They probably shouldn't be

>preseason rankings matter

>#10
I fucking called this before the start of the season. We're gonna push up higher into the rankings, get curb-stomped by Bama and those sister-fuckers are gonna notch a """quality""" win. TAMU is barely a top 25 team, offense is still unproven and the rush D is still working itself out. Fuck

>4. Michigan (1)

how?

Someone needs to be sacrificed at the Alter of SOS to ensure Bama gets into the playoffs. LSU and Ole Miss aren't acceptable victims this season because they got humiliated elsewhere in the country.

Harbaughtism

>Someone needs to be sacrificed
why can't it be Arky? I'm tired of this shit

Is it wrong to bandwagon the rolling tide if you want to get into cfb?

>3. Louisville

Meme teams and an anti-Michigan bias. FSU sucks dick for 2 and a half quarters before Ole Miss fucking implodes, barely wins and the memeing faggots at AP think FSU showed heart, gritty win, etc.

But Michigan gets outplayed for less than one full quarter against a 2-0 Colorado before absolutely dominating the rest of the game, winning by 3 possessions and it's a "scare". AP and Coaches polls are literal toilet paper.

what the actual fuck

Because Arky has a bad habit of having the wheels fall off before the Bama game. It doesn't look like it'll happen this year, but the pollsters are hedging their bets.

>anti-Michigan bias

It's a general anti-B1G bias. If you don't win by 30 or more against underdogs, you "got exposed".

Louisville BTFO Florida State harder than anyone has ever they deserve their ranking

Michigan meanwhile hasn't played anyone even remotely good and struggled against fucking Colorado

Yes, Swedebro. Bama fans are the normies of the cfb world.

I'm not saying Louisville doesn't deserve a high ranking. They deserve Michigan's old 4, while Michigan should've moved up one behind Ohio State for doing what playoff contender teams are supposed to do when you have a bad day- don't blink, keep calm, and get back to playing at an elite level. Michigan overcame a bad start and never looked back- and there's no "fucking" about Colorado, they were 2-0 and have blown their opponents out by a combined 100+ points prior to Saturday.

Lel what the fuck did they do.

>Alabama/A&Meme winner, Louisville/Clemson winner, anOSU/Michigan winner, and UofH/Stanford in the playoffs
I'm very much okay with this

Best two loss team in the nation lel

Bama doesn't need SOS help. They are guaranteed to make the playoff if they are undefeated or have 1 loss. If Bama has 2 losses and there are only 3 undefeated/1 loss P5 champions, guess who will be the 4th team in the playoff.

sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/17/12955520/how-eastern-michigan-ended-up-kicking-off-from-the-freaking-red-zone

>Best two loss team
You could've also said "prettiest methhead" and had the same effect.

Yes, you will be hated by just about everyone on /cfb/. If you're new and want to bandwagon, try a northern team. Michigan or Ohio State, for example. They're safe bets and they aren't as hated as Alabama.

Houston

They'll still win the Big 12 too which is the best part.

>There's no "fucking" about Colorado, they were 2-0 and have blown their opponents out by a combined 100+ points prior to Saturday

Colorado also hasn't had a winning season since 2005. Meanwhile FSU, one of the most consistently good programs in the country, just got historically BTFO.

Yes, Colorado were 2-0, but don't pretend they were something they weren't. Besides, L-Ville is almost guaranteed to drop a game. Chill out, you'll get your precious #3 ranking.

I fucking called it when we lost all our good receivers and secondary and moved a bunch of greenies to the trenches. Of course Stoops Jr being a complete retard when it comes to reading opposing offenses doesn't help, and Riley is almost as predictable as Heupel was.

If they beat Louisville.

They'll get their ranking when they fuckign beat someone for it

Cant blame Riley much when there's not WR to throw the ball too. I wouldn't be calling anything complicated with TOSU picking off every pass.

Our WR corps is nothing. Just play in the I formation for the rest of the season.

Very true. Despite keeping Baker and Mixon/Perine, Oklahoma is in a rebuilding year for everything else, and maybe even QB if Mayfield can't calm down and relies too much on Shake & Bake.

That being said, Stoops Jr needs to be cut.

Myfield was benched at TTU because Webb was better

he will never carry your team.

That's fair, I don't like night games because I'm usually too drunk to pay adequate attention to the game.

No way that Ped St @ UM should be 3:30 over Wisky @ MSU though.

Saying UM deserves to be ahead of Loliville is truly retarded.

Mike is fine. The problem is our CB coach, our front 7 us great and we brought Mike in for that because that's what he does.

We need a CB coach badly.

Eh as a Michigan fan I wouldn't say >we're under-ranked. All of our wins have been convincing (yes, even Colorado after the 1st quarter), but we haven't played anyone legit yet. Only time will tell if Colorado is good this year, but I think we can all agree that Hawai'i and UCF are trash. And if you look who's above us:

>1.Bama
Bama won the natty last year, absolutely rekt USC and WKU, and managed to overcome the lead that Ole Miss had on them for a large portion of their game.

2. Ohio St.
They would have made the playoffs had they not been memed by Sparty, they trashed bowling green and tulsa, and won very convincingly against Oklahoma (Are they really good though).

3. Louisville
Louisville obliterated FSU yesterday, and FSU was supposed to be good. They definitely deserve that spot.

The rankings will change as more teams play each other. I'm not worried. The rankings pre-playoffs don't really mean anything. If our team is legit then they'll prove themselves and they'll be ranked high enough to get into the playoff when it matters.

>The rankings pre-playoffs don't really mean anything. If our team is legit then they'll prove themselves and they'll be ranked high enough to get into the playoff when it matters.
This is why I don;t get why anyone cares about the rankings at this point in time

Everything will settle itself out on the field

Double rainbow around campus, what does it mean FSU bros?

>tfw you are certainly going 12-0

>FSU
>supposed to be good

Key word "supposed". They're perennially overrated trash that hasn't been shit since they were Free Shellfish University with Rapeston (and they were still overrated even then). Louisville looked good against a garbage team. If FSU hadn't been ranked fucking #2 and were instead maybe 15 where they belonged, would Louisville still have "deserved" the #3? No.

it means a woman was beaten to death by her alcholic FSU-grad husband last night

You looking at more recent times, while we're looking at Army's and Navy's full history

lmao what is the evidence for FSU being bad this year, other than what Louisville did to them yesterday

not when you lose Auburn you sister fucker

I literally listed all time series records against entire conferences for both Army and Navy. I'm not looking at "more recent times". You're just being an Army band wagoner because they're 3-0.

not happening bitch

The first 40 minutes of their game against Ole Miss. Had their opponents not literally shit the bed against them, FSU would've remained face-down in the mud like they were all game until that point, down 35 fucking points.

Quick, post teams with better records than Notre Dame

is Buttgers, dare I say it, back?

>famous last words

youtube.com/watch?v=HqIBNX0CXDc

god damn you're retarded

early rankings shape perception throughout the year.

that was a good Auburn team. have you watched the shit ass squad they got this year

Rutgers is going to win the division and get to the playoffs, only to lose 155-2 to Alabama, with the 2 points coming from Alabama putting in their middle school prospects halfway through the 2nd quarter.

>a dumbfuck criminole
>roots for a team of rapists from a literal retard-tier academics school
>calling anyone retarded

Laffin so hard. Why don't you fucking tell me the difference between FSU's exposure at home against Ole Miss and their exposure away against Louisville? Don't worry retard, I'll tell you so you can stop hurting your brain with thinking.

Louisville didn't fucking implode in the second half. That's literally the only difference. Both games had Faggot Shrimpdick U down upwards of 30 points in the first half, but where Ole Miss sharted all over the field and literally gave the Semenholes back their points, Louisville actually finished their game.

Two consecutive weaks of a garbage-ass team for lardass alcoholics (You) getting exposed on national television.

We should close off these threads to Bama fans.

Sorry you don't get to be a student this year Gi.

I'll make sure to get wasted for you every Saturday.

Bama should be banned from any college football event.

you guys are such fucking amateurs the sport

you're LITERALLY tryharding NOVICE football

go to the games
tailgate

but do not 'tism out about your LITERALLY made up bullshit rankings

do you realize im not an fsu fan

yeah man i really miss it. enjoy those saturdays while you got em

>his shit awful state does not have a relevant Professional Football Team

>he watches No Fun League

Allah shines his light where his will is done.

if it was an explosion than it would be Allah

>inb4 go pack to Cred Forums

*then

>amateuregg

lmao the delusion

>Cal

>he couldn't get into college

>He can't compete in The Pros

What team do you play for?

>All the schools good at football are worthless at education

>tfw you know your team is overrated

>Being a fan of college is somehow different than pros

This is sports placebo right here

>B-B-BUT muh school magically matters more than muh state

>(You)

The ACC has only been around since 54 and most of that time neither school has really been relevant
Basically before 1970
>Army bandwagoner
What the fuck?

>listening to national radio show
>they're criticizing houston because they don't have tough "back to back" games
>check alabama schedule
>it's similar

just because you claim an SEC team is good doesn't make it so. I thoroughly enjoy how they ranked USC a top 25 team to start the season so they can claim to have a quality win out the gate

>Non-SEC

>Good

Trap sprung, cuck

>implying Stanford and Michigan aren't some of the best schools in the nation
>implying Notre Dame, USC, and Texas, blueblood programs, aren't great schools too

Wew lad

False flagging brit, what's up muhammad?

UF is #1 in the world for some programs too

>shitposts a Nigerian basket weaving forum for hours on end praying someone will validate his existence with some attention

I think you won the battle and got absolutely BTFO'd in the war (life), user.

Houston's schedule is objectively easier than Alabama
Also almost everyone Alabama plays is coming off of a bye so fuck your bias

Na lad just good to trigger nu-male SJWs

Same thing with LSU, except LSU wasn't supposed to get stoned by Wisconsin and stay #5 for Bama to whomp on.

I hate Bama and the SEC but they do have a pretty tough three week stretch of at Arkansas/at Tennessee/Texas A&M. It's followed with a bye week and the game at LSU. They can sleepwalk through the rest of the season after that, though.

>The ACC has only been around since 54

That's 62 years ago.

>and most of that time neither school has really been relevant Basically before 1970

And that's 46 years ago. So the claim here that I'm arguing based on "recent times" is total bullshit. Navy has a better football history and more numerous, better rivalries than Army.

That doesn't mean that Navy is just objectively better than Army in any given game or season. It just means that historically, they're a better brand and a better team against common opponents than Army.

>at Tennesseee
>tough
Whew

>Projecting this insanely hard

>Implying destroying your shitty little hug box took more than minimal effort over some 15min

Maybe if conferences' flagship football teams weren't shit the SEC would be capable of scheduling good teams.

Instead the only good team in the history of the Pac-12 is shit.

>sjw

that's tumblr you faggot, this is a chinese terra cotta statue making board

At least two of those four games will be close with a chance for the underdog to pull off the upset. Tennessee played Alabama really close last season and led late in the 4th quarter.

Regardless, it's tougher than any stretch of games on Houston's schedule. However, Houston has the hardest single game (Louisville).

>Non-SEC teams are LITERALLY the manlets of college football

>Always on damage control and attempting desperately to compensate for their inherent fundamental failings

Ohio State is also a pretty decent school. Besides, successful football/basketball teams tend to make academics better. I think there's some statistic someone looked up, for teams that are expected to win like 5-6 games every extra football win supposedly increases applications by ~600 and average SAT scores of the incoming freshman class by ~60.

Army: 3 national titles, 3 Heisman winners
Navy: 1 national titles, 2 Heisman winner
And Army has a higher winning percentage
Army was part of early college football's lore
No one cares about the stuff after the service acadmies lost their advantages and couldn't commit

>USC
>flagship football team

this ain't 2006 bud

Tennessee and LSU might be overrated but they're still away games against rivals. Alabama is the better team but they'll both be tough games. Just like how Auburn plays well in the Iron Bowl regardless if they're good or not.

>tfw you moved to a region and are now a fan of a glorious god tier SEC team

>Tfw other cuckfrances have shit weather and shit football

just because you struggle against a shit team doesn't mean it's a good team...see also ole piss

>sjw

You should really return to reddit where you're clearly from, you limp-wristed faggot.

>tfw as of yesterday I am now a college football fan and team SEC member

>Tfw as of now I am aware of a new general I shall inhabit

>Tfw you will suffer the same fate as d2g

Non SEC cucks shall be blown the gigafuck out

The Ducks lost, and my Beavs won. It was a fantastic weekend.

>Five days and a wake-up until the next kickoff, friends.

>all this not having anything better to do with your day

>S-stop mocking my shit division
w e w
e
w

Gotta kill a bit of time before the primetime game tonight lad

>No one cares about the stuff after the service acadmies lost their advantages and couldn't commit

You. You don't care. The rest of college football fandom cares. Which is why Notre Dame goes out of their way to schedule a game every single year with a service academy and why Navy is in the AAC while Army schlubs it out as a non-ND independent.

Also, listing national titles and Heisman winners doesn't negate my points I made about Army having a much poorer record against common opponents.

Even if you claim to not care about modern records, Army has had 1 winning season since 1997. Navy has had 13. Army has been in the gutter for almost 20 years, while Navy has been climbing steadily and had their best season on record in 2015.

New thread