NRL GENERAL

Why are the NRL cockteasing WA so much? They're even playing a Test there. But despite all the sellouts they bring to every game played they still won't get a team

They're getting a state of origin in 2019 as well.

Kick the Knights and one Sydney team out and add a WA team and maybe another Victoria team or just somewhere not NSW or QLD

>kick the knights
Newcastle is a League mad town and hugely parochial. You'll lose them forever by getting rid of them. Kicking them out based on Nathan Tinkler being a massive retard would be a mistake. Sydney is the over-saturated market. Roosters and Manly have the least dedicated fans in the league in spite of their successes. Kick them out or at least threaten them with mergers.

One of the things the AFL does well is creating a local derby. After putting a WA team in, NRL should consider NZ2 (Christchurch or Wellington would be most likely looking at the current bids) which might light a fire under the Warriors' arses and make them actually try. Ipswich would be the only logical choice for a Brisbane derby. Way further down the line a second Melbourne area or an Adelaide team. Adelaide sounds ridiculous at the moment but if you look at the Adelaide Rams 1997 season, they got some crazy good attendances. If they hadn't been utter shit on the field, they could have been the Storm of SA.

Yeah I guess. The Knights just seem like a meme team right now. I agree the NRL needs to take a page out the AFLs book and sink money into developing the game in other states but it's never going to happen.

Also move the Dragons permanently to Wollongong. Rename them to the Illawarra Dragons. That way you can unclog Sydney and give another regional league stronghold their own team.

>The Knights just seem like a meme team right now.

Tough times ahead for them but I think they'll come good. South Sydney were such a meme team that they got booted out of the comp. People complained hard enough, they came back and were complete trash. Then they got a millionaire backer, won a premiership and are now one of only 3 NRL clubs that are profitable.

In the Raiders/Panthers game Vossy or whoever it was mentioned that in the Raiders/Storm game the Raiders used the "tactic" of giving away penalties in their 20 constantly.

How exactly would a team benefit from giving the opposite team repeat sets of six constantly 10-20 metres out from their try line? Makes zero sense at all.

Don't be stupid in this community please.

I haven't watched the sport long enough to understand. Why would it be an advantage?

Give the defenders time to rest, get in position, break up the momentum of the attacking team. Might get them to take the 2 points instead of potentially conceding 4 or 6 from a try.

Referees are too scared to use the sin bin when a team is giving away penalties deliberately, so as long as it isn't too obvious, a defending team can just commit offences whenever they are under pressure and look like conceding.

It gives them time to reset their line and reorganize. 6 tackles with an organized defence are easier to defend than 2 or 3 tackles with a somewhat rattled defence.

It also has the benefit of inflating the penalty count, which the referees have been shown to try and balance in order to make it look more even. Giving away 3 penalties on your line can get you an important square up penalty that actually does something later in the game.

All sides do this to some extent, and I'm pretty sure some have admitted to being coached to do it.

>Newcastle is a [...] town
there's your problem

Thanks. I know the Storm are known for it but it just seemed odd that the Raiders were talked up for it and they suggested they might even do it again in that game. They don't have the defense for that shit seemed like they were just giving away dumb penalties but I obviously I'm not the best reader of the game just yet.

2013 Roosters had people absolutely seething over this tactic because people believed there was a connection with it and their elite defence. I think it's become more popular since around that time.

>all the seats at aami park are green

Interdasting

kys

doing the lord's work

Well said, my fellow nigger killer. Cucks and SJW numales REKT!

He stretched his legs.