Has Iniesta surpassed Zidane?

Has Iniesta surpassed Zidane?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBuuje8eamI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are different players. Iniesta has more titles.

Yes. All Zidane did is score the most overrated goal of all time and make a few nice touches.

No. Iniesta is a system babby.

Zidane peaked higher (barely) but he was far more inconsistent. To be fair the 10 games of the season he did show up in were likely the biggest games of the season but that's not enough for him to be above Iniesta.

International level is closer but Zidane has an argument there. 2008-2012 France didn't win a single knockout game and they flopped in 2002 when he was injured too. I know more players than Zidane came back in 2006 but I remember Henry saying "God has returned" when Zidane came back

>“What I am about to say is strong, but it’s the truth. In France, everybody realized that God exists, and that he is back in the French international team. God is back, there is little left to say,” said Henry.

there is the quote

certainly, and he will win more trophies once he inevitably becomes a manager

>Zidane peaked higher (barely) but he was far more inconsistent

He was only inconsistent from 2003-2006, when Real were a mess. He was played in a 2 man midfield with the likes of Gravesen, Guti etc. ffs

It's easy to look consistent when you play in a super team that dominates 70+% possession every game. Also people seem to forget that Iniesta also had accusations of being inconsistent a few years ago.

Zidane had memorable games where he disappeared that weren't Madrid though

Off the top of my head, 2004 vs Greece and both CL finals with Juve

No

no, Iniesta was never the main guy. had a few big moments but thats literally it.

>He was only inconsistent from 2003-2006
No. I still remember what a shit match he did vs Dortmund or how the team went to shit when Del Piero got injured. They didnt even make it to the CL. Zidane was irregular as fuck and that is why his league record is absolute dogshit

>Iniesta was never the main guy.
In Spain he was. He was the big guy on one of the most dominant NT's in history. Messi would have relegated Zidane to a support role as well. Hell Del Piero did it.

thomas müller is a main guy for germany, would you put him above zidane?

>In Spain he was. He was the big guy on one of the most dominant NT's in history

Xavi and Villa were more important. Just look at how shit they are now without them.

>Just look at how shit they are now without them.
Yeah because the replacement of Villa was fucking Morata and Del Bosque Chose to play 5 10's in the last euro.
What is your point? I just said that Iniesta was the leader of one of the most dominant NT's in history which is true

>What is your point? I just said that Iniesta was the leader of one of the most dominant NT's in history which is true

Not really. He shared the spotlight with Xavi, Puyol, Villa and even Casillas.

Not even Henry was Zidane's equal during the 98-06 period.

Spain without Iniesta would have still being successful. France without Zidane wouldn't have.

>Henry
He wasnt never good with France. France had players like Viera,Dechamps or Makelele which were extremelly important for their success.

Iniesta is better in all but one thing.
Scoring
Iniesta kicks like a girl.
He still doesn't know how he scored in SB

>Iniesta kicks like a girl.
He is not that bad at shooting m8.He just doesnt do it too often

Like it's not the same
If he'd score just 12 each season no one would deny he's better than Zidane

How many CLs has Iniesta won as an assistant-coach/manager?

>the 10 games of the season he did show up in were likely the biggest games of the seaso
so he stepped up when the team needed him to and coordinated the reast of the team when they were playing well, and that's a bad thing?

Who cares? Obviously we're talking players.

>coordinated the reast of the team when they were playing well

This was 95% of the time never the case with the Galacticos

At Juventus it was almost the opposite, he disappeared in 2 CL finals but its regarded that he peaked there

Iniesta is arguably the greatest midfielder of all time.

Consistently turns up in CL, Classico and International semis/finals. Zidane's a boss but Iniesta is untouchable.

>Consistently turns up in CL, Classico and International semis/finals

This could describe Zidane too

zidane was never nutmegged by de rossi
zidane>iniesta
youtube.com/watch?v=qBuuje8eamI

no but seriously, zidane is better at recovering the ball, at holding the ball and dribbling making pressing against him useless, one of the few players who can nullify the pressing efforts of the other teams, at least as good as iniesta at distributing the ball and passing, better at scoring.
there is no comparison between the 2

It could. If he didn't stink up two CL finals in a row.

Iniesta won 4 while making key contributions in each final.

nah