Chicago Bears recovery thread

How do you fix da Burrs?

Who is our QB next year?

another second half collapse infers a lack of endurance and focus ability

but the stack of injuries probably counts for more

time and a major rebuild needed

We are rebuilding. We're still changing and plugging in/plugging out players. It's too early to fire anybody. Look at Carolina and Rivera as an example. It took them a while but the results show.

Major rebuild, blow it all up, tank for top pick

Ive lost all faith in this team

I used to actually like watching back in 2010, now I hate football

Unfortunately I can't switch from being a fan of this team so we just have to gut it out and keep waiting for the time when it'll finally be our day

God knows how long that will be

I personally am done. Fuck the bears. Im not watching this shit team any longer wasting my time on this stupid shit. Just watching every game only to get depressed. Maybe a couple years done the line. But not for a while.

We're still in rebuilding mode. Patience, user...

genocide the mccaskey family

Everyone keeps saying this then comes right back for the next game

We've been rebuilding for the past 4 goddamn years or some shit.

That's the worst thing. I wouldn't mind this bullshit if this was a rare occasion, but we're literally becoming the Browns of the NFC.

I like this idea

While we're at it gas reinsjew for ruining the bulls and sox too

This is the only solution that will work.

It's just the anger. I'm use to it and I accept any Bears loss, no matter how hard it hurts. As long as we show progress, I'll watch. Besides all of the bad shit, we did have a solid drive and red zone defense...

one day we will see that throughout the game.

Sign Robbie Gould.
Trade to get Forte back.
Bench Bobby Massie tomorrow, he sucks.
Bench Leno Jr because he also sucks.

No user. I live in fucking michigan with these lionshits. Only way I can even watch is with sunday ticket and im cancelling it. Fuck this shit senpai.

Sort of like a... Final solution would you say?

Mad at Bears?

>We've been rebuilding for the past 4 goddamn years or some shit.
We just started the major rebuild after 2014 2bh. It's too early to see ourselves as a playoff team or owl contender. One day, though, user. One day.

Jeez and i thought my situation was bad

I love in the heart of the city and head downtown every day for work so eat sleep and breathe the bears

I wore my lucky bears shirt to work today

It's actually really really sad

Go to bed with your skeleton, Rogers.

I just get drunk and take the piss with friends for bears games now. It's more fun

I feel you senpai. As on as i can im moving back to chicago. My whole family is there. I cant take this shit.

I am usually all for this but...fuck man...they tried they went and got the best FA coach

>All these people looking for new teams

Fuck off, please. I don't mean to sound like some super fan, but I honestly don't know how any of you can even think of rooting for a team that isn't the Bears.

I'm not surprised that most of you bandwagoners are from Iowa or the Dakotas or some other hick shithole. Absolutely no pride or passion in the city of Chicago.

Ignore them, probably the same "sox fans" who are now Cubs fans

I keep telling myself, I lived through the 2013 White Sox, I can live through anything

Even with the shitshow today, even with the Rochester's Jeffersons game, even with 4th and 8, all I do is think, I actually survived the 2013 White Sox and suddenly I don't feel as sad. Still sucks but at least it's not suicidal tier.

/chicago/ here. I'll always root for the Bears, win or loss, and no matter how awful they play. We're in rebuilding mode with a solid head coach and an improving team, especially compared to the shit Trestman coached. I don't understand why people think we will jump from an 6-10 team to a 16-0 team the year after the rebuilding commenced. Fucking have patience.

I wouldnt never switch. Just gonna stop watching football all together for a bit until they decide to pull them selves together. Might be years down the lion but i couldnt possibly have the heart to switch teams if it meant my life. I used to watch games as a kid with my grandpa back in chicago before he died all the time. Theyre my heart and soul. But these past season have put a wound in my heart and im gonna give it a rest for a while.

As a lifelong Chicagoan, the thought of rooting for any other team but the Bears is literally not even an option.

I mean, switching teams for me would be like switching races. It's not that I don't want to do it, it's that it's literally, physically, impossible.

Fuck
*line

I hate the lions so much more having to live in this fucking state.... I miss my family guys... I miss my bears...

Every player that leaves the Bears talks shit about Cutler. Even Brandon Marshall his bff turned his back on him, even his college buddy turned his back on him. He doesn't speak to Lovie anymore. The defense of the Bears hate his fucking guts. Guys what the fuck do we do?

I'm the guy you responded too.

I get that completely. To be honest, I switched off this game in the 3rd quarter temporarily to go work on some studying because this team is honestly starting to get boring with how repetitive it's mediocrity is. I'm also considering a break, just for a couple weeks to cool down and let it all subside.

But switching teams altogether is just unthinkable.

>It's all Cutler's fault!
Salutations, Green Bay!

His shit morale and lack of leadership and pure fucking laziness has rubbed off on the whole team. The man has no fucking emotion no heart whatsoever. Have you ever played on a team sport. Nobody likes that shit especially for a "leader

We wait

Hell we already spent and wasted 2011-2016 with this sad orgs 180 from contention into dumpster fire basement dwellers. What's another 5 years?

I'm 27 so another 5 for me would be 32.

I still see super grown men in bars all across Chicago wearing bear hats and shedding tears when we lose. If they can wait, we can wait too right?

>tfw we'll finally get to counter shitpost Packers fans here when we're age 45

>lose 2 games out of a 16 game season
>FIRE EVERYONE, COMPLETE REBUILD BURN THIS TEAM TO THE GROUND

Thanks for showing us you know nothing about the Bears

Did you even watch these past two weeks?

It's fucking unwatchable, dude. Some of the worst two games I've ever fucking seen as a Bears fan, and where does it end? This franchise is so fucking torn apart that even if we tank and get a better draft pick, that pick is not even going to be a single drop in the ocean of overhauls this fucking trash-ass team needs to contend.

>secondary is completely ded
>Cutlet injured (shit anyway)
>fucking Hoyer as a backup
>no run game
>one of the bigs on the D line is ded
>o line is trash

You guys will be lucky to win 4 games.

After 435523 head coaches, and 324324324 OCs, you'd feel like complete shit too, user. It's an endless marry-go-round for Cutler. He's been stuck on it since 2009

delete jay cutler

Not him. But oh, no. I've seen worse. The 2013 Philly game with Trestman was GOD AWFUL compared to tonight's performance

You realize the bears have only gone above .500 in the regular season once in the last five years.

>Be 45
>Honey it's your daughter's 16th birthday aren't you going to celebrate with her?
>In a sec, for the first time in my life the bears are 13-2 about to clinch the first overall seed in the NFC by completing this rout of the 3-12 Packers which is already 47-3 in the 3rd quarter!
>So then put down the Holowrist computer and come have cake if the game is already over
>Can't, I'm too busy spamming >PUCKERS in the thread. Finally it's my turn to do so!

I just realized how sad it was that I actually shed a tear upon writing that.

Good it needs to finally burn. No more of this 7-9, 8-8 shit. Cause thats not bad enough to get a complete overhaul of this team. Mckaskey needs to die and her children need to sell the team to some real owners. A fan needs to buy the bears like a fan bought the cubs. They also need to get a GM like Elway. A GM who is a fan of the team as well as knowledgeable in the game.

>This franchise is so fucking torn apart that even if we tank and get a better draft pick, that pick is not even going to be a single drop in the ocean of overhauls this fucking trash-ass team needs to contend.
We'd draft a guy with a broken leg anyway just to be certain.

Real talk, how fucked up is it that the team is situated in Chicago and after so many years, Cutler or the McCaskeys never got shot

I even remember after 4th and 8, twitter was filled with death threats to conte. NOTHING EVER HAPPENED

The fuck nogs?

You know who's been hiding under the radar? Ted Phillips. Now that fucker needs to go.

Yeah, it's almost like Chicago's crime rate isn't overhyped as fuck in the media and the city isn't even in the top 100 for America's most violent cities.

Stop changing the HC/OC every week
When you have top 5 players at their position, keep them instead of trading them for 7th round picks or letting them walk
Get an O-Line

Hop on the Houston bandwagon

> implying everyone from chicago doesnt resort to being a pats fan and watching the GOAT win rings.

Both of you fuck off. Not Helping

>top 5 player at position
please name 1 person on the bears where this was the case.

You get rid of the actual problem.

>tfw Houston defeated Chicago in week 1
>tfw Houston will defeat Chicago for 3rd largest city
Please kindly fuck off... ;_;

>Houston defeats Chicago in week 1
>Houston defeats Chicago as the 3rd largest city
>And Houston gets injured tonight

Like fucking pottery.

Really, really sad pottery.

>t. first season with the B ears
Fuck off, if you can't stick with a team in the tough times you don't deserve to stick with any team.

Probably gonna take your lame ass to the fucking Packers or something.

>lovie

You can thank him for this mess we are in. Probably the worst draft choices, outside of the browns, in the NFL. We have no youth in our squad from the past. We are basically starting from scratch

marshall, forte, arguably martellus

So... another 20 years for the next Superb Owl appearance...

Fuck this shit.

Given John Fox's track record. He might get da Burrs into the Superb Owl much sooner than that. But he'll blow it anyways.

So, fuck that shit too.

Create a new franchise in Chicago to bypass the shitty owners the Bears will be stuck with for decades more

only 10 more years, it's already been 10 years since 2006

>muh 85ers are the worst part of this fanbase right now
Even worse than people calling to fire everyone and have a complete rebuild because those people are backed up by the product on the field

Fuck no. Chicago only needs the Bears. Real fans support the team no matter what. Go run off to Rogers if you can't handle the pain, but I'm sure the puckers will be a shitty team once their glass cannon QB gets injured or retires.

Fox is literally the most overrated coach in the league. The bears will continue to squander all chances to get top tier players and coaches. Not only that but draft 1st rounders only to lose them or manager to fuck their careers up.

You do realize that the defense wasn't even that bad. There's room for improvement. It's not like 2 years ago when we got blown out 3 weeks in a row.

Seriously, at this point I feel like they are trying to lose. Nobody can be Browns-bad for 5+ years on accident

Except the actual Browns, of course

Here's a question to all the bears fans in this thread licking thier wounds

When was the last time you actually attended a game to cheer the bears

I think for me it was 2012 or 2013, can't recall but they lost

Never went back since I figured I could use my hundreds of dollars more wisely than spending 3 hours booing Cutler and the rest of this shitty team year after year i

>Fox is literally the most overrated coach in the league.
>Took the depressing Panthers to the super bowl
>Took the depressing Broncos to the super bowl
Say what you want about Peyton, but the guy can coach a team.

Unless, we're talking about... the Browns.

Wait looking back at my post, I put the wrong answer

The last time I actually went to a game and CHEERED on the bears was maybe 08

I went to the falcons game in 2005 with a group of friends, one of their dads got tickets because of whatever job he did. it was -8 degrees. The beer was frozen, but it didn't matter to a high schooler with a fake ID. Was pretty glorious watching that defense fuck up Vick.

shit's way too expensive to spend my own money on

>tfw i'm a miserable as fuck bears fan but don't even want to vent on public internet forums because i fucking know packers fans are on here laughing at all of our miseries and i don't want to fuel them

Sounds pretty amazing desu

Fuck those fat fucks in Wisconsin. I'm sure they will be here crying once their team implodes after Rodgers fucks his bony gf all the way back to California once he retires.

fox held back his team every fucking year with the broncos. fox is content with being mediocre. he had the best offense in the league and still couldnt put enough moxie in his team to be competitive in the superbowl. peyton was the coach for the broncos, not fox and certainly no jack "stop blitzing in the fourth quarter" del rio

t. broncofag

Man this is the stupidest part.

The bears are literally white sox tier right now and yet I can go to game at the cell for 7 bucks (7 bucks too many if you ask me, especially if shields is starting) but it still costs hundreds to go to a Bears game?

What the fuck Jews?

>Broncos
>Depressing
They've had less losing seasons than Owl appearances man. At worst they were mediocre.

I fucking wish the Bears were White Sox tier.

They're infinitely worse.

I mean, I will admit I've had a lot of kneejerk overreactions after losing during my days as a fan, but is honestly the one time I truly, sincerely think all of this doom and gloom is entirely appropriate.

Worst team in the NFL with not even the slightest hint improvement in sight.

Bears tickets are expensive.

Im personally a Lions fan(but have lots of Chicago residents/Bears fans in the family). Ford Field tickets are dirt cheap. Maybe Chicago prices arent so bad compared to the rest of the league but I just got 3 Lions tickets for 140.00 and last I checked nosebleed seats in Chicago were like 80 per ticket.

The loss to the 6th seed Stoolers during the 2005 playoffs was pretty sad 2bh

Packers fans are the fucking worst.

They may have the better team but we're by far better people than their fag asses. Id like to see them even survive one week as bears fan.

Hell most of us actually sat through the game today, could a scum ass Packers fag do the same?

Fuck them and especially the Chicago Packers "fans" like my coworker who gives me shit about the bears because his Packers are so good despite him also being from Chicago(suburb at least). I want to fucking slap him every day and rip down his stupid G banner on his desk.

friendly reminder that this guy did it

Just remember, guys, it could be worse. You could be one of them.

Come hop on the Toxins bandwagon burrs. Help me meme this team to an owl win.

Uncle has season tickets and offers to bring me every year. I was at the Week 17 game in 2013 against the pack. Never went back cause I have never seen such ref ball in my life. Then the ensuing years have been complete dog dick. If you want the bears to get good, the best thing you can do as a fan is stop going to the games.

Well the Sox show no signs of improvement either and both FOs are arguably the worst run in the league.

Boycotting takes too long. Can we just assassinate the McCaskeys instead?

I agree that the ownership of this team needs to change hands. I have been saying for years a fan needs to buy the bears. I would love for Mark Cuban to buy them.

you a vampire slayer?

Your uncle is a cancer to this team

Hey now. At least, Soldier Field is owned by the city. Thus, there's virtually no worry about da Burrs ever moving away from Chicago.

That's one good thing

Shit football is still better than no football

>implying they wouldn't turn it into apartments if it made them more money

btw speaking of the stadium ownership, anyone notice how shitty the field was tonight? several times you could see the seams of the sod come up and peel away. really embarrassing

I agree I try to get him to stop renewing his tickets but he is insists itll be worth it once theyre good agian. My beef is solider field sells out every game and still its complete shit on the field every week. The owners have no reason to spend money on improving the team cause theyre racking in the cash.

>St Louis

Speaking of which, how are these fuckers holding out?

If you guys really need another team to ease the pain, at least watch the fucking Cubs and stick to the city-- not a whole different NFL team.

Unless, of course, you're a White Sox fan, in which case, sucks to suck.

St. Louis never had fans in their own city to begin with. Only millenials liked the rams. Everyone else in LA still stayed a fan.

bruh the cubs are going to inevitably fail, why would anyone invite that on themselves

>days before game
>Hours spent reading up on pregame analysis/matchups/probables/picks
>Pregame, 1-2 hours spent hyping up literally nothing
>game 3 hours spent watching an embarassment on the field
>Postgame 4 hours spent ranting on Cred Forums and WCG
>Rinse and repeat

There's got to be a better life out there. All this time wasted on such a fucking shit team.

Is it "wait till next year" mode yet?

I pretty much know it too, but I really just need a team to fucking WIN after this goddamn debacle dumpster fire Bears performance.

The Cubs could fail all they want in October, as long as they just win some fucking regular season games, I'm okay. I literally just want to remember what it feels like to win after seeing what the Bears have become.

this year I am giving zero time to non game shit. no radio, no pregame, just watching the games. shitposting on Cred Forums doesn't count, since I'd be doing that with or without the Bears existing.

>Unless, of course, you're a White Sox fan, in which case, sucks to suck.

And the bulls are gonna suck this year too.

This is probably a sign to find anything other than sports to do.

But what?

Why don't they give that kid from SJSU a start?

What could they possibly have to lose?

I thankfully don't give a shit about basketball or hockey.

It's all Cubs this year, bro. If they lose, I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do.

Drugs

Football was a mistake.

Bears was a mistake*

I don't know how to say it, but Cutler always seems go give off a negative vibe somehow. He's not a bad qb by any means, but for some reason it seems as though his presence my be cancerous to team morale.
>7 years

dude john fox is your coach, take it from a die hard panther fan, your not gunna win shit until you fire him.

The field is always shit. A few years ago my hs team actually ruined the field the day before the game.

might have something to do with getting hit and sacked more than anyone else in the league since he joined the organization

>fans stop going to games in protest of the shitty product that is being put out by the owners
>team moves somewhere else
such is life

how much does he pay each year for the season tickets?

are you new to football?
0-2 teams don't make the playoffs

Suffer through more cutler years, then pick a QB, a defensive coordinator and change that awful logo to an actual bear paw

Not sure exactly.
Hes single and has no kids so he has extra money to spend on himself and not worry about family.

flip side
>team continuously sucks giant fat cock
> keep putting out shitty product year in, year out.
> team keeps selling out games and makes a killing cause fans wont stop attending games.
>nothing ever changes
Whats the point

Drop cutler

Make me the new QB

Move the team to New Zealand

???

Dynasty incoming

just pray to all the gods for a new owner, it worked for the cubes

KIWI
I
W
I

Are you? Firing everyone and building from the ground up every time you start 0-2 is how you become the browns. Not every year is a super bowl year

>all the retarded chimp and gang members ITT still having hope
It's like watching a fly bang into a window dozens of times. I know you were in gang initiation and couldn't attend school, but I would figure you would learn after 30+ years of putrid horse shit.

But what can we do?

No choice but to keep watching this team.

It's a bleak situation no matter how you view it.

Can it at least not be laughingstock humiliation year? I fucking hate this every year.

I would agree with blowing up our team if I had any hope we could sign/draft decently, but you know as well as I do we can't do that.

>wake up
>realize the Bears O-line is still dogshit despite having 2 probowl guards on it
>next game is sunday night against Jerrah's Kidz
Time to witness yet another primetime embarrassment on national television

At least they're getting these out of the way early

And then it's Vikes-Bears on MNF on Halloween. Fun.

Fitting

>Draft nothing but O-Line next year
>Hire the best trainers in the world so that maybe we can go 5 snaps without an injury
>Hire Lovie back

Lovie come back. You can blame it all on Emery

Satan is correct

We don't. Just disband this fucking team. It's the same shit every fucking year for the past 4 years. Nothing we change works and it's starting to really get to me.

>inept offense and questionable challenges in return for a defense that creates takeaways, doesn't give up the big play, but get constantly burned against offenses that rely on short passes and checkdowns.
Fuck it, sounds better than what the Bears have now, even though the Bears don't have the personnel to do it.

Fuck that. Shit football is still better than no football.

I look at our situation

Then look at like the Patriots, Denver, Arizona, even green bay and just wonder how did they make it look so easy when we make it look so impossible. As in orgs actually building a good football staff and team.

What makes they owners different from ours and why is it so hard for ours to replicate that?

I just don't understand how everything can be so bad.

I used to go to a game every year. Was unfortunate to be at the 2010 NFC Championship game against the Packers. I probably went to one or two since then but i really can't root for this team anymore, it hurts too much.

What the fuck.

It all comes down to people that know what they are doing. Pats have Grandmaster Belly pulling the strings at all levels of the organization, Denver and Arizona halfway know how to draft people, meanwhile the Packers know how to draft talent, period. Bears on the other hand have to constantly have to get FAs onto the team just to field something competent, oftentimes overpaying them for mediocre performances.

>this many posts/posters for a joke of a team

>How do we fix Da Burrz

Step 1: Start Barkley for the rest of the season
Step 2: Have Kyle Long get surgery right now on his shoulder
Step 3: Release Cutler at the end of the season
Step 4: Draft QB with #1 pick
Step 5: Draft 2 OTs
Step 6: Draft 2 pass rushers who can actually... you know... rush the passer
Step 7: DO NOT draft any player with any injury history
Step 8: Sign Alshon for whatever money he wants
Step 9: Bring in as many offensive lineman as possible and see who can actually block someone
Step 10: Tank 2017-2018 season
Step 11: If Pace did not follow step 7, fire Pace, bring in someone who knows how to evaluate talent.
Step 12: Draft more OTs, secondary players
Step 13: Draft another WR
Step 14: Hopefully make playoffs in 2018-2019

I cry evrytiem ;_;

There's no good QBs in the upcoming drafts

Fair enough, I don't follow college football enough to know who's worth the pick. Swap step 4 and step 12, assuming there's a sophomore QB in college now that will be worth it in that draft.

Same could be said for the White Sox this year, and then this year's upcoming Bulls.

>houston has a "substantial" knee injury
> trevathan's injury needs surgery

Now to watch the defensive side of the ball blow bigger chunks now.

Rochester's Jeffersons part two boogaloo

Webb looks pretty good dude

Uh, Emery went all in on Trestman's high flying offense in 2014.

Anybody from Chicago wanna go to a bears game when cutler gets back?

Lincoln Park here

Drop Cutler

Trade a first rounder to New England for Garoppolo

Draft offensive lineman

You sure you wouldn't rather flush a hundred bucks down the toilet instead?

Easy. Bring back Ditka

Tank this season
Draft mcCaffrey
trade the farm for another first round pick to get Lamar Jackson.
Literally hit the restart button on the whole team except long.

The Bears had 4 (4 - four) 4th round draft picks, and zero (0) of them were Dak Prescott.

How do you fix stupid?

If Lamar Jackson finishes his senior year in Louisville, he will be the next Michael Vick.

No.1 Overall in the 2018 draft

Like you could get a ticket for a hundred bucks

Oh boy, another star running QB, I wonder how that will turn out.

Well Long is injured. The guy is basically playing all season with one arm.
And besides Long and Sitton, the rest of their line sucks.
Massie is fucking horrible, talking Stan Thomas bad.
Charles Leno isn't much better. And Cody Whitehair isn't a center. Letting Matt Slauson go was a huge fucking mistake. But pace made a bunch of horrible mistakes. Letting Forte go, cutting Gould and not resigning Slauson. All bad fucking moves.

Getting rid of cutler is the first and most important step. Every position has gotten replaced 3 times over in the 7 years cuntler had been with the Bears yet he is still here.

Other than that, to not have so many dirty looking blacks, or at least get some light skinned brothas.

Us mulattos >>>> niggers

>Le chip kelly mentality

start by apologizing

yeah but rahgers dealt with that same shit for a year or two behind a garbage line and never gave off the vibe

maybe cuz he really really likes men tackling him

either way cutler makes no effort to put on a false front for the fans and media so the public hates him cuz he seems aloof and apathetic

cutler is going to retire at the end of the year...

pretty much common knowledge at this point

bears are fucked for 5-7 years

Got the Brett favre game predictions?

>bears are fucked for 5-7 years
But you just says Cutler is retiring at the end of this year not in 5-7 years

Garappalo

Trade 1st and 4th to New England for Gorapolo. He's from the area, I think, and he's a hell of a lot better than Cuckler