The champions league united

>the champions league united
>the extra time winner united
>the decent in europe united

I don't. Means that the actually Team from Manchester can rise.

>we

>missing United Wins LOL

Let's not and say we did

Can Pep win with this team?

The best thing about this fucking scummy club dieing is the fact all the fans GENUINELY think they are still close to greatness.

After Fergie - "Moyes is the one Fergie chose, he's going to start the new era. Title winning team still in place. Mata's the new Cantona, ready to inspire us to dominance again."

LVG - "Well Moyes was an obvious mistake but the job REALLY starts now. Best coach in Europe, the man who taught Mourinho. Martial, Depay, Schweinstieger holy shit this is it boys"

Mourinho - "Thank fuck LVG is gone, here comes the real deal. Ibra is definitely the new Cantona, Woodward's really redeemed himself this year. Title favourites I reckon"

To clarify:
- United right now are playing every bit as bad as any time under Moyes or LVG. A million miles behind the development of City, Spurs and Liverpool as a squad.

- Mourinho has lost all his aura. 2005 Mourinho would not be allowing Rooney to waddle around in a terrible midfield as captain, he would have been sold. 2005 Mourinho wouldnt be standing glumly on the sideline totally bereft of ideas.

- Woodward redeemed himself? Woodward had a brilliant transfer window? United broke the world transfer record for a midfielder who no one quite knows where to play him to get decent performances. United are relying on a 35 year old striker to win games. United's most natural CM is Feilaini. United are playing with a Ferguson-era winger as their starting right back. United have had an appalling window.

but look at every United defeat - there's a leaked rumour about James Rodriguez or someone else being "looked at" for January. Play shit, lose, leak transfer rumour, fans buy it - every time.

Scholes and Evra are world class players. Michael Owen won a Ballon d'Or. Carrick has been one of the most consistent players over the past decade. That team is stronger than it looks.

>That team is stronger than it looks
No its not.It is absolute dogshit

do you realize what year that was?

Maybe I'm an exception but I gave up on United in the beginning of last year. I think they beat Everton 3-0, looked absolutely flawless, it was like the 3 game of the year or something like that and I was convinced that performance would be the beginning of great football and winning for United. Except, it was not.

I don't think Mourinho will let the club sink as low as Moyes and LvG, but I except Giggs to be the manager in the beginning of the 2018-19 season.

In order for something to change, United need to sign a quality right back, another centre back, determine who is the defensive midfielder or buy a new one and get rid of Schneiderlin/Blind/Carrick, buy a right winger and get a world class attacking midfielder.

Selling Rooney would also be a great start, but that won't happen until 2018 because "muh England captain", after the retires from international duty Rooney would consider leaving, I don't think the club has the guts to force him to leave.

David Gill leaving United the same year as SAF was as significant as SAF leaving. Woodward is a brilliant salesman, but not someone you would want in charge of transfer business. They need to find a technical director/general manager ASAP.

>I don't think Mourinho will let the club sink as low as Moyes and LvG

I genuinely don't think he can stop it. He was utterly lost at Chelsea and has simply continued that at United. Think back to the games United have won, they've been due to individual goals by Ibra or Rashford, there's no cohesive style of play at all. Mourinho would have been wiser to take a sabbatical for a year to recover

I won't be surprised if that happens but Mourinho has a big enough ego that he can't leave United without somehow beating Pep.

Individual performances can carry a team, but I agree that United needs to win as a team rather than relying on an individual. If the dabman can pick his slack up and De Gea starts putting up great performances again then I except this team to condend for top 3 this year. City have already won the league, I've made my peace with that

He will do well to beat Ranieri to 7th place this year, he can forget about Pep

Read these notes.
>diffusion of star power
>no player bigger than the club

>Rooney

>>>/SportBIBLE/

hardcore ABU here
I don't

Scholes was old, Owen was waaaaaaaaaaaay past his Ballon d'Or days and Carrick may have been good but not as a centre back. That team is a mess.

Isn't Rooney a career Nike athlete?

There comes a point where even the most moronic chinese bandwagoner can see a fat old man who can't pass the ball. So 'most recognisable' is not really a plus, is it? In England Rooney is long past that point, he's a national laughing stock. Days are numbered.

you cant put Rooney, Ibra and Pogba in the same team.. each would probably try to outdo each other because muh status. This makes them lose their confidence in the field.. makes it even worst amongst the younger players like Martial and Rashford. One lost with a very organized Man City is enough to make them run around like headless chickens to collect themselves again and it didnt help with ego is playing on the field than teamwork.

this

United are trying to bring through a galactico policy with 2nd rate players/rejects.

Let's face it no big team in Europe was ever seriously in for Pogba, Ibra, Schweinstieger or their other "marquee" Woodward signings. Galactico policy works if you're buying the absolute best players in the world not old farts looking a last payday

Valencia is fine at RB. We should try Blind as the DM in a 4-3-3 then Schneiderlin/Mkhitaryan (depending on the game) and Pogba in front of him. Then, bring in a left footed winger to play on the right and a ball playing CB.

DDG
Valencia Bailly New Shaw
Blind
Sch'lin/Mk'yan Pogba
New Rashford Martial

The problem is not that each of these 3 players tries to "outshine" the other stars.

The problem is that Rooney can't play as a midfielder, I've been saying that since last season. His range of passing is laughable, his pressing resistance is pure shit, his movement off the ball makes him drift around so much that he can't contribute and he has a severe lack of strategic abilities.

Meanwhile Pogba needs very specific structures to work properly. He needs both a destroyer and a strategist in his midfield trio, because he can do neither thing very well. Coincidentally, United has the players to do that in Herrera/Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger, I'm sure you could make a nice midfield trio out of Pogba and those guys. But Mou will never deviate from his 4-2-3-1 with Fellaini and Pogba as holding midfielders for some reason.

Ibrahimovic has actually been one of the bright spots of this team. Sure, his defensive contribution is lacking, but in terms of pure finishing, creativity and link-up play, he's been quite decent.

---------De Gea
???--???--???--???
------Herrera--???
Mkht---Mata---Depay
-----------Martial

There's not many players I would salvage if I became United manager tomorrow. The amount of money wasted in the last three or four years at that club should be investigated for fraud/money laundering. Where is the return?

>Depay

>martial

>Depay

>mad irish liverpool fan giving his utterly biased opinion that no one cares about

Here's a (You) for ya.

I'd take Depay to Liverpool in a heartbeat, Klopp would make him a star. But we have Mane now anyway whos the same but better

thats a soft as fuck front that would be destroyed by literally every PL defence except maybe Stoke and West Ham.

The commercial targets of the companies that United have whored themselves out to aren't the same people who watch and enjoy football.

United isn't a club, it's something for weak people to say they like instead of having a personality, like a fucking iPhone.

this.
can't believe so many big youtubers and what not put united as favourits to win the league right before the season started, i mean how clueless can you be

definetly agree about the squad building of spurs, liverpool, city. Years of planning panning off and they all (at least city and spurs, i don't know about pool tbqh) have set them upself really well for the future.

Meanwhile united just goes out and buys the popstars of the football world. To be fair the academy kids are alright, rashford looks promising and lindegard isn't half bad.

United is like Paying to Win in RPG and end up with no experience and passion. Teams like Spurs and Liverpool did a lot of grinding and now much better than who ever pays to win.

as much as customers miss a competitive Liverpool

>American ownership
Found your problem.

imho the team aren't dabbing enough. it's all very well dabbing when you score and getting the boost in confidence that comes from a good dab but if you aren't scoring then you're dabless. the team need to start dabbing to celebrate the smaller things, like a good pass or a corner that gets over the first man. from there the goals will flow, guarantee it.

>yfw United are so desperate that they follow the Galactico Policy even tho Mancs despise Real Madrid

The galactico policy has created one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

tfootball rules change are long overdue. It should be more akin to beach handball, a spectacular dab should be awarded with +1 goal

which under performed massively

And it created the most underperforming as well,at least Flo learned from his mistakes, Woodward doesnt have that benefit

I meant this current Real Madrid team.

>United decent in Europe

Good Meme friend

[spoiler]3 cup wins in 25 years is not elite[/spoiler]

shite bait

bus problems mou?

Few teams perform at an elite level consistently in the champions league. Madrid went through periods where they weren't a top team, as did Barcelona, as did Bayern

>Gibson

what happened to the lad?

hes at Everton

DELETE THIS