He ignores his domestic league

>he ignores his domestic league
>he still adheres to the stale anti-mls meme
>he """"supports"""" a team on another continent
>he doesn't go doopin mental

feels bretty good to have a team in the fastest rising league in the world

My "local" MLS team is hundreds of miles away, don't see much difference in supporting a foreign team over them.

>flyovers

is MLS even televised? i've only ever seen it on ESPN2.

nice appropriation of /mls/ banter italy

>ESPN 2
Just fuck my shit up fâm

FS1, Unimas, ESPN2 and local channels for the areas around teams

ironically the saturday matches aren't the ones nationally televised

>having salary caps when you have to compete for talent with other leagues
>watching an inferior product because of muh domestic league

I'll start watching consistently when it's not a retirement league/USMNT bench filler

>Soon

>franchises
fake footy tbqhwuf

>the fastest rising league in the world
you support a chinese team?

>(((MLS)))

Do you have $200 millions?

Is the MLS or the A-League better?

I see a lot of parallels

>Plastic franchises
>Retirement villages
>B-grade international players
>Full of local players that will never make it
>Both countries have other sports that are far more popular.

But which is a higher standard?

>mlels
>soccer

You have to go back

MLS > Ayy League. I'm sure Fire would do pretty bad in A-League tho.

>>he still adheres to the stale anti-mls meme

It isn't stale, I genuinely can't stand the MLS

The Whitecaps used to play semi-professionally here at a smaller stadium, the only way one was able to watch being live, and it was much better than the team's commodification

It wasn't high quality of play, but it was relaxing, cheap, and good for something to go do on a Sunday morning. Now it's just full of lame plastics and this weird false pride.

>he doesn't support his local USL team

>>he still adheres to the stale anti-mls meme
Old fag here: I remember the days before MLS, the hype when it started, and 20 years later it still fucking sucks.

I'm going to watch football at its best, not whatever washes up on the shores of the LA Galaxy.

ITT: people who can only watch one league.

Get out of Cred Forums casuals.

Why not do both ??

Go to watch mls games in the ground if possible - I wouldn't say it's so bad

If the Chicago Fire stadium wasn't 5,000 miles away from the city of Chicago, I would definitely be a much bigger fan. MLS really dropped the ball on that one, Chicago could have been a huge soccer city.

Got nothing but respect for Americans that support their own teams.

THAT'S RIGHT, TRAITORS

AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, THEN YOUR A JIMMITY PRICK COMMIE NAZI BASTARD AND YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM

He has a point. With the salary cap the MLS will never be able to establish itself as anything more than retirement league.

>retirement league
>average DP is a 29 year old argie

Just because NYC and LA went full MLS 1.0 doesn't mean the rest of the league does

Ayy-league has a yearly blooper reel. The answer should be obvious.

29 yrs for avg age is very high m8, especially for the best players in the league. That's irrelevant anyways, the point is the salary cap will never ever work if the MLS wants to be taken seriously.

Triggered by MLS?

I'm happy the Americans have their own thing with the MLS even if they're doing football in their own weird way with franchises and salary caps.

i dont care about shitposting or that other noise, i support my local team, i dont care about europe

If you live within the borders of the United States, then it makes a difference you fucking traitorous piece of shit

>the MLS

Can't help that there dogshit also

Is this the /mls/ thread lads?

its been a few days since we've had one

Timbers best fan base in MLS easy.
No fucking competition.

>bronies
>SJWs
>Rainbow flag for no reason
>Muh no pity

I'm a Seattle fan and you fags are just as bad as >us

Put one in Charlotte and then we'll talk

We're going to miss out on the last round of expansion because of fucking HB2 though. Goddammit.

>false pride

what does that even mean?

What is the least gay fan base ?

Seattle - 0 Cups
no fucking bronies here
no sjws here we just sing and cheer for our team.
who gives a fuck if theres rainbow flags theres also like 20 timbers flags constantly waving.

the whole stadium sings and goes nuts while only your sounders fan club which is like 2 rows of people even give a shit.

Timbers obviously

TFC is for faggy Italians

thanks, I laughed out loud in a library

Britcuck living abroad here. What's the point of supporting any US teams when they are actually franchises that can move wherever they like? Plus the MLS hasn't got any better in teams of average player quality for like 5 years. For the land of the free it's bizarre that you set up communist style wage and spending caps all over your sports. MLS could have been the one American sport to be interesting a have relegations, no play offs, and free spending, but they set it up the same retarded way as every other sport. And they made them play over summer so you have any actually good players leaving the league for international tournaments. It's a joke league, frankly.

>no fucking bronies here

Someone have that screenshot from the MLS Cup Final?

Kansas Shitty

Not sure why you're complaining about playoffs since playoffs, especially the MLS playoffs, are awesome
Could compete for best postseason in North American sports

As for the rest, I can't say
But at beginning they did need it
It would have collapsed in 2001 with the cap and shit
I think now not all of the owners have bought into not having a cap or aren't rich enough to compete
The play have improved though

>relegations, no play offs
implying Americans want this.

Relegation could be cool for a neutral point of view

>MLS playoffs, are awesome
>Could compete for best postseason in North American sports
oh, boy...

Could if MLS was bigger in the American sports mainstream
The format is all the memes you could possibly want

A-League's play level often looks inferior to even the NASlel

UCL commercial revenue is still the biggest in the world and it's final is still the most watched sport club event in the world.

>that flag
>this amount of common sense and decency

is it opposite day already?

>Finally have a good hometown team
>Literally never expected this
>Oh shit were gonna make it
>Giovinco ded
The ride never ends

Mls wont grow until there's an increase in talent production, a large injection of investment from companies, sponsors, billionaires etc and a world superleague.

The talent production step is obvious - you need good players to sell an entertaining product. Mls academies have improved substantially to the point that some kids are being sent to euro clubs to continue developing. The thing holding it back is that it's not reaching far enough for the poor who are talented but dont have opportunities to prove it.

The large investment by sponsors companies and billionaires is also necessary. Right now the limited investment and the salary cap is chaining the Mls to mediocrity. American salary caps dont work when you have little talent to spread. I get the idea of growing the sport by ensuring parity and therefore maintaining the interest of everyone who has the chance to win but really it's not working.

The world superleague that's been talked about by Uefa bigwigs is necessary as well. The ICC is already a popular summer mainstay that generates lots of cash in the preseason for many clubs. This needs to be taken a step forward. The current Club World Cup is too small and too limited. A league where the LA Galaxy or NYCFC can play against Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich or AC Milan in a real competitive tournament would force the Mls to grow up and become a competitive force.

These three things need to happen to a great extent within the coming decades if the Mls and Fifa really want the sport to grow here in the states. The potential to grow here and in China is massive. Our domestic sport leagues like the NFL and NBA are worth billions alone and the NFL is worth like twice the EPL and it's only a n American sport. Soccer and Mls can be that big one day and that's why many investors are interested in Mls franchises to get first dibs.