Who would win in a fight? a wrestler or a boxer?

who would win in a fight? a wrestler or a boxer?
strawpoll.me/11267630

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2_u6E-ICYE
youtube.com/watch?v=pxNF3YZVG2o
youtube.com/watch?v=9lOjrNBHmxc
youtube.com/watch?v=pd87y_bQwKI
youtube.com/watch?v=Kofjk-CxAc4
youtube.com/watch?v=PVt36wTRoDc
youtube.com/watch?v=8k2H58FbDPg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

same weight?

A solid wrestler will win especially if he has knowledge of submissions not just pins

boxer. wrestling is more constricted when it comes to rules, i think boxing would be a preferable background in an actual fight.

Unless the boxer can get a knockout, it's over the second the wrestler gets a hold of him which is three or four punches max before he gets a neck tie.

me on the right

it depends if the boxer can land a flush shot to the jaw before the wrestler takes his legs

same everything

it only takes one RKO to knock anyone out

MMA has answered this question decisively. Wrestler.

>wrestler goes in for takedown
>takes a heavy blow to the back of the head and dies

MMA has far too many rules to have any relevance to a real fight.

90% of the shit you want to do to main and kill your opponent is not allowed.

>boxer throws a punch
>wrestler ducks it and ends the fight as soon as it gets to the ground

>person B will win as long as person A is incompetent

wow, amazing argument

My guess is boxer

humans avoid fistfights for a reason, it's pretty damaging, it's entirely why we evolved opposable thumbs

You should.

Evidence: literally all recorded history involving combat

Well the boxer is incompetent about the ground so yes. That's what this thread is asking.

i'd kick him in the balls.

So you admit the only way the wrestler would win is if the boxer is SO BAD that he can't land a hit on a person coming straight at him.

Its noble of you to admit you are wrong, good job.

A good boxer can escape a takedown but a good wrestler can't evade a good blow to the back of the head

No because I'm not trying to kill somebody I'm fighting in a street fight, edge-lord.

But ok let's play it this way.

Eye gouging, fish hooking, nut crushing are all basically grappling. Guess who has a better chance of getting in close and neutralizing the other in those manners? The fucking wrestler. Unless the boxer can 1, 2 the wrestler quickly he's fucked.

>people get knocked out from the first hit every time

You ever watched a fucking fight before? That doesn't even happen 1 % of the time.

Wow the poll is ridiculously close

Have fun ending up in the hospital. At least you 'fought fair' right? lol

>You ever watched a fucking fight before?
No, I don't waste my time watching manlet 125lbs """""""""""fight"""""""""""".

If you can't knock someone out then you aren't a man and you CERTAINLY aren't a boxer.

Boxer by far, wrestlers have no hand-eye coordination

Yea. When I'm on your back choking you out and you try and gouge my eyes out with out seeing where you're putting your hands I'll snap your fucking neck.

Your rules after all dumb shit. I'll still have an eye(if you're lucky enough to find one), and you will be paralized. Or brain dead from lack of oxygen from the choke.

God people who don't train are retards.

>When I'm on your back
So as long as the person you're fighting just stands there and lets you get in to position you'll win? Nice. Very nice.

Man the dumb trolls are out strong today.

It amazes me how many people claim to know all about fighting though they never train and maybe have been in a handful of street fights( if any) in their entire lives. I'm sure these people have the exact one punch man knock out power they claim you should have. I'm sure you all have shoved your fingers into someone's eye sockets too.

>Man the dumb trolls are out strong today.
I know right, people pretending wrestling will win a fight are dumb as fuck.

all these "who would win in a street fight" questions are stupid

the answer is always a) the guy who strikes first and b) who has the most friends to pile in when it goes to ground

A boxer wins a fight by knocking the other guy out cold. A wrestler wins a fight by hugging a man while lying on top of him.

In an actual fight, one of three things happens;-

1) Boxer punches wrestler, wrestler gets KO'd.
2) Wrestler hugs boxer, they go to ground, boxer lands a punch on the inside and knocks the wrestler out.
3) Wrestler hugs boxer and traps his arms. They go to ground and reach an impasse since hugging someone won't knock them out. (Me and my gf hug all the time. I have a gf because I don't watch MMGay). Bystanders kick the wrestler in the head for being a faggot and ruining what could have been an interesting fight. Wrestler is knocked out.

Please go educate yourself and enter a bjj or wrestling academy and challenge them to get on your back

it's not just a 'street fight', you have to consider the conditions are exactly equal.

A wrester would win because a boxer is clueless on how to protect most of his body

It's so good to see everyone thinking grapplings ineffective. It's nice to know how easy it is to kick the shit of your average person on the street.

> bjj or wrestling
Which one is the sport that has the opponent stand still while you get in to position?

>A boxer would win because a wrestler is clueless on how to protect himself from a knockout blow

Works both ways except a knockout is instant and can be done at arms length.

It doesn't take a genius to choke someone out when you take them to the ground. I can't tell if you people are really this fucking stupid or just trolling.

t. posted form my hospital bed after being knocked the fuck out by a random stranger i picked a fight with

It doesn't take a genius to not let someone get on your back when you're fighting.

>Works both ways except a knockout is instant and can be done at arms length.

The difference is that (a) a knockout blow is rarely going to happen right away (b) the SECOND the wrestler gets under a punch, it's all but over.

So a wrestler would win the vast majority of the time, because a boxer cannot get anything done on the ground.

>a knockout blow is rarely going to happen
Stopped reading here. Your argument consist of the boxer being shit at throwing a punch, yet the wrestler is allowed to be good at wrestling. Form a legitimate argument or stop replying to me.

7 times out of 10 the boxer wins.

lol this isnt even up for arguement. I boxed and wrestled until i got injured during wrestlin practice and right now ive transitioned to baseball which is safer lol. But a wrestler will fucking win hands down 100% of the time. The way it will go is, the 2 of em square up, the wrestler immeadiatley shoots for the boxers leg and has him on his back. Its not even a contest. Although i would much rather watch a boxing match and a fistfght because of how much more entertaining it is. If you were to choose between which of the two to learn, its wrestling

Objectively wrong. I've personally knocked out 3 collegiate level wrestlers just this month alone and I hardly consider myself a good boxer.

A wrestler simply WILL NOT ever get a hand on a boxer: fact.

never happened

lol did you also by any chance get 300 confirmed kills?

Fairly certain a wrestler would win this 60/40

Whatever you've gotta tell yourself to sleep at night kid.
What? I said 3, not 300, and no it didn't kill them it knocked them out.

>Being this new
lol

This isn't even a question.

MMA has proven that wrestling trumps boxing every time. A boxer always has a puncher's chance but by and large, a wrestler will win most of the time by a pretty leisurely percentage.

>thinking you need to be a genius to get on someone's back

>pretend fighting with a list of rules 100m long proves ANYTHING about an ACTUAL fight

rofl

>i train for mma

You're right! The best boxers in the world knock out everyone in one shot lol

It's not like a wrestler can't throw a punch. Boxer would have one shot or hay-maker before the wrestler takes him down and elbows /short punches them into oblivion.

We already can use our forearms to grind against the opponents face, and if you do it quickly you can make the opponent bleed.

>MMA
>Pretend
bruh...

You do realize that boxing, as a sport, has a lot more constraining rules than MMA, right? Your argument is working against itself.

Boxing is 100% a sport. Wrestling, while a sport as well, lends itself to a scrappy street fight a lot more than a sport that doesn't even allow you to use your legs to touch your opponent.

>Boxer would have one shot
Thats all it takes.

Wrestler 95% of the time

Its in a sterilized environment with gloves and A FUCKING REFEREE who stops the fight if you do one of a thousand things that 'arent fair'.

One shot isn't a good bet % wise, especially against someone used to getting clocked by errant elbows, shoulders, getting dropped on their head etc

boxer 100% of the time

Fights start on your own 2 planted feet.

Lol anytime a wrestler came across a boxer he's ended up on his ass KOd.

Are you "people" clueless on how powerful a boxers punch is? They could literally rearrange your face in 1 jab without gloves..

Care to explain how a lack of rules would benefit a boxer? Boxing has a list of rules a mile long.

>One shot isn't a good bet
We're talking about a fight between men, not manlets. If you can't knock a guy out then you have no business fighting.

If you say boxer you've never been in a fight or know how to fight

>ill just step back and punch him!!!

Lol, boxing fans have to be the biggest dumbest fedoras on the planet

If you say wrestler you've never been in a fight or know how to fight

>thinking wrestlers bullrush for some dumb reason

Strong retard logic

Thanks for proving my point ;)

gloveless prime mike tyson would rape any wrestler with his fists

>all these assmad wreslters getting triggered af that their sport has no relevance to a real fight

kek, this is too easy

almost as easy as knocking out a wrestler in a street fight lmao

Boxer.

Not when he's tossed on his head

See Randy Couture vs James Toney

>im such a great fighter

>just dont grab me!!!!

Kek

>implying a boxing match is anything CLOSE to a real fight

No.

>implying said wrestler can get within shooting distance
>implying said wrestler can tackle 2 tree trunk like legs without getting KOd by taking literal HAMMERS To his fucking skull

youtube.com/watch?v=n2_u6E-ICYE
youtube.com/watch?v=pxNF3YZVG2o
And i bet theyre will still be stupid fucking retards denying it lol

Only newfags get cheap giggles from calling someone else new. You'll realise this once you've been here for a while.

Also, being here for a long time is nothing to be proud of. I don't think there's been a single day for the past few years where I haven't lurked on at least one board or another. It's a fucking killer.

You should actually get out while you can tßh.

>i'm such a great fighter
>just don't punch me!!!

rofl

youtube.com/watch?v=9lOjrNBHmxc
Also this haha

>implying you have any clue how to stop a guy whose trained to put you on your back

Your ability to punch me is outweighed by my ability to toss you around

Didn't even bother clicking your jackass links because its anecdotal evidence.

Go ahead and Google what "anecdotal" means. Retarded faggot.

I can cherrypick too.

youtube.com/watch?v=pd87y_bQwKI

Did you faggots not watch Couture vs Toney? Couture shot a super low single ankle pick and got Toney's back immediately.

Anyone got that shit on webm?

>wwe

nigger we talkin about fighting and now you gonna go off topic like this. What the fuck are you even going on about. Being new is relevant because obviously if some faggot that knows nothing about a topic is trying to be a know it all about it, its gonna be obvious and look stupid. Not to mention that the fucking idiot making his bogus claims is obviously a troll

Holy autism. Were talking professionally you jackass , not 16 year old freshman. Jesus, this is the most retarded thing ice ever seen. This guys such a cuck he jerks off to high school fight videos... My god

Wrestlers Will Always Reign Supreme

youtube.com/watch?v=Kofjk-CxAc4

You have no evidence on your side friend, the anecdotes are just icing

and Ray Mercer knocked out Tim Sylvia with one punch

what's your point

Have fun trying to toss someone around from the hospital I put you in rofl

LOL thanks for proving my point you stupid fucking faggot hahahaha. Youre so insistent on remaining ignorant that you refuse to review evidence contradicting your dumbass views which are obviously wrong. You can just tell when someone has obviously never seriously trained in a martial art or how to defend themselves

Those are both professionals you retard

You'd probably have more of an argument if they were teens

Lol I can Google white boys getting their ads kicking by blacks all day.

All the whites try to shoot and get their ass kick by black kids...

Want me to post the videos? Retard

>implying you have any clue how to stop a guy whose trained to knock you out

Good luck putting someone in a hospital after ive dropped you on your head

>unless you've been on Cred Forums for 5 years you don't know about fighting

wow, you people REALLY are retarded lmao

>high school bathroom fight
>professionals

Wtf are you conscious right now? Or just memeing

That has nothing to do with anything you stupid retard

If the boxer can sprawl which is easier in a boxing stance then the boxer wins but if he can't then who knows probably the wrestler. But really this is a dumb question.

It has everything to do with wrestling v. Boxing

Do you have any idea what this thread is about???

Holy fuck are you that slow?

did i specifically say that you fucking idiot. Where in my broad statement did you somehow fucking find >unless you've been on Cred Forums for 5 years you don't know about fighting.
Where?? I said that if you know nothing about a specific topic. Whether its fighting, math, science, or whatever. Someone that knows a thing or two about it is gonna see through your bullshit. Which i and others here already have from looking through this thread

He's trained to fight hand to hand. He's not trained to grapple or stop someone from getting their hands on them

Even jiu jitsu guys with no wrestling can take boxers down with ease

It's pretty simple.

Sanctioned bout: Wrestler wins because the Boxer runs out of space and gets pressured against the fence/ropes.

Street fight: Infinite space, boxer dances around and toys with the wrestler through superior movement and reflexes and then finishes him in a humiliating fashion.

>nigger white people xD has to do with boxing and wrestling

You're a retard. PLEASE challenge a wrestler to a fight. Then report back to me

Youre an utterly clueless retard

hey dumbass. Read OP's question. He said who would win. A boxer, or a wrestler. In no part of that question was the word "professional" typed. There are people of all ages and sizes and levels of skill that practice both sports. Get it now retard?

>did i specifically say that
yes, go read your post rofl

Its not that simple at all. A wrestler isnt going to just bumrush a boxer every time. Even then theyd still take them down a whopping majority of the time

>He's not trained to knock someone out or stop someone from knocking them out

wow, it works both ways

except knockouts are instant and done at range, sorry kiddo

I chuckled

>toys

Again, more retards giving their 2 cents. Literally 1 hit. Have you ever seen a street fight in the hood?
Obviously not because you seem sheltered.. 90% of the fights I see end in 1-3 punch KO. now imagine a trained fighter. A person that punches for 8 hours a day.

You fucking losers are delusional on this site.

>PLEASE challenge a wrestler to a fight
Do it every weekend, still undefeated.

NEXT

Tim Sylvia was a striker who didnt even try to engage Ray Mercer in grappling and lazily put his hands down and threw a shitty punch

A boxer has no idea how to sprawl properly or deal with the changing angles a wrestler would employ if his first shot didn't work. He'd stay on him and quickly find another way to bring down the untrained boxer.

lol no. Trying to "dance"around a wrestler is a great way to get your ACL torn when he shoots on your legs. Source: during a wrestling sesh i was trying to run out the clock and circle around my opponent (not standing straight up, which wouldve made it worse) and i payed for it with a torn acl

You seem mad little skinny twink, plus you didn't advance your argument in anyway. Keep taking it up the ass like you have always

You keep repeating the same flawed argument and get proven wrong every time rofl

It does except the ability to knock someone out is outweighed by the ability to get tackled by that person

This isnt even a Muay Thai guy who can maybe get in a clinch and go to town

This is a guy with only hands

Sorry you dont know how to fight bud

>Sorry you dont know how to fight bud

lol, the height of irony right here

for your sake i hope you are trolling

There is no argument. This is just you being a retard and not understanding how fighting works and whining like a woman

You soubd like someone that was beat by their father =-/

Where did you see these fights, on YouTube? That definitely sums up your mental capacity and opinion on the subject of this thread.

>There is no argument.
I'm glad you admit that you have no argument.

Your entire argunent is just "no you!!!"

That wont save you in a real conflict unfortunately :/

you have no clue, thai guys are easier to take down because they tend to fight more upright than boxers. You have never fought anyone worth a shit

Where you at stud?

>Your entire argunent is just "no you!!!"
Nope.

>your counter-arguement being: calling me a retard and woman

I rest my case.
Wrestling fans everyone.

Get out of your mother's basement and maybe you'll learn a thing or 2 about the real world

This is what you've been reduced to because youre upset at facts

>upset at facts
The fact is a boxer will win 100% of the time, so nah, I'm not upset. Feel free to keep crying tho lmao

Boxers are easier because they are FAR heavier on their lead leg which makes it ripe for pickings. They also have limited clinch abilities

lmao

You are a retard and a woman. You're also frantically replying with the same preschool tier replies. I have you read like a book lol

John Cena

T. Country full of shit skins that have slowly taken over your property, life to the point that you're obsessing over it.

Stay mad that you lost the argument just like you'd lose any fight rofl

2 damn easy

Good luck defending a single takedown, ya fucking dweeb

Yet you refuse to advance the argument. So according to you a boxer is far superior to a fag wrestler, because you have NOTHING else to say.

Thank you for agreeing. Screen called ;-D

Again. There was no argument. Just the little crying baby in you crying because life's not fair :((((

Have fun trying to take anyone down when you're passed out in the gutter lmao

There is nothing to advance lol

Youre a stupid moron saying nonsense that's it lmao

>There was no argument.
I'm glad you can admit there is no argument that can prove a wrestler would beat a boxer.

Don't take this internet stuff so serious kid, when you grow up you'll look back on this and laugh, just like im doing lmao

Just glad you agree that you're in the wrong and have nothing else beside name-calling.

Thank you for proving my point.

>wrestlers resort to name calling and LITERALLY crying when they get intellectually and psychically BTFO

kek

Boxing fans are the most pathetic humans on the planet. How are you a legitimate sport when high school wrestlers could beat up your best? Sad!

>tfw quadriplegic

/thread

Wrestling fans are the most pathetic humans on the planet. How are you a legitimate sport when high school boxers could beat up your best? Sad!

There's no arguing an established fact. Your whining is cringey af homeboy

>retard.jpg

>copying a real winner because youre such a pathetic loser

LMAO

>There's no arguing an established fact.
I'm glad you agree that its a fact boxers would ALWAYS beat wrestlers and that its pointless to argue otherwise.

I didnt say that. Youve taken too many punches to the head from wrestlers i guess. Try not to shit yourself in anger

>Wrestling fans are still posting on this thread

Sad kneefags btfo

Lmao this boxingfag is so shook. He cant stop replying

>wrestling v boxing
I remember when a great boxer, a champion, fought a Division I-A All-American wrestler.
You guys remember that?
youtube.com/watch?v=PVt36wTRoDc

>I didnt say that.
yes you did, keep crying bitch nigger

Wrestler beats the boxer everytime. How does a boxer defend a double leg takedown? Boxer is finished once the fight goes down to ground. Also a boxer can't get any real power on his punches on someone that it real close to him.

Uh oh someone get the diaper ready

>wrestlers so btfo he is literally just typing gibberish now

damn, i btfo this kid so hard he literally became retarded rofl

Dude ill just like step back and like punch him. Im a trained fighter!!!!

you could do it better desu

this is a better example, the wrestler has more chances in the short period, while the boxer is better in the long term, since they are trained to deal with damage
youtube.com/watch?v=8k2H58FbDPg

>and yes I know they shouldn't stop the fight in 0:44 and that would definitely changed the final outcome (IMO), but at the end it just prove my point

You are SEETHING right now

boxer beats the wrestler everytime. How does a wrestler defend being knocked out? wrestler is finished once the fight starts. Also a wrestler can't get any real power on his takedowns when he's knocked out cold in the gutter

The boxer outwrestled the wrestler and the wrestler outboxed the boxer

Notice how your arguments just piggyback off of the wrestling ones because you have none of your own

Really makes you think

Man that boxer got embarrassed. Didn't even touch The All American!!!

Boxers BTFO!! Exposed as toss away love dolls for true Americans.

notice how wrestlers literally don't have an argument that can't instantly be reversed on them to prove them wrong

really makes you think

Lol i can smell your tears from here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki

Boxing BTFO, Ali the black muslim racist BTFO

i like how you're assuming that everyone in this thread that is saying wrestlers would win is a wrestler.

I don't train in kung fu or man-hugging but it's obvious who would win.

>training as a boxer
>in the (((current year)))
Why would anyone do this?

>i like how you're assuming that everyone in this thread that is saying wrestlers would win is a wrestler.

so you're THIS TRIGGERED and you don't even wrestle?

ROFL

/box/fag here. Please excuse this turbo-aspie. He does not represent us

Dude you are so mad lol

/wrestler/fag here. Please excuse this turbo-aspie. He does not represent us

Stop responding to the dumb troll. It's so annoying

>90% of this thread
>mfw

You are so bootyblasted

Tyson vs Karelin

who wins?

I know man, wrestlers are the worst.

I know man, boxers all have autism or something idk

Boxers arent fighters so Karelin

t. Gay fag homo boxer

tremendous thread, you fags

you guys realize wrestling is scripted, right?

lol, I know right, which btw doesn't mean that wrestling is always better, but could prove that some other factors are involved like:

>wrestler aren't the only ones that know how to wrestle, they are just better at it
>wrestlers can lose focus after a few punches
>boxers also lose focus when the rules are changed
>and while boxers are prepared to recieve punches, they are definetly not prepared for body slams

This isn't WWE wrestling.

tyson gets a clean shot bare fisted and it's over. Karelin grabs tyson and it is also over. It's kind of a who gets who first, if that first blow to the head lands, then it's over although tyson's slipperiness is very underrated due to his astronomical punching power.

Karelin is getting his hands on Tyson before Tyson lands anything substantial

Wrestler wins because

1. One punch knock outs are a rarity.
2. Wrestler comes in eats a punch. (Assuming one even lands)
3. Grabs hold of boxer
4. Fight is over.

If you've ever actually been in a fight or seen one, unless they're both complete faggots or someone got ko'd right away, they're always on the ground.

You can literally fight a boxer without boxing him. Anyone who answers boxer is a fucking retard.

If you read thru these awful attempts at arguments all the boxing fags say
"Well, the boxer knows how to punch so clearly he will knock the wrestler out in 1 hit."

But rarely does a fight ever end in 1 hit.

All these LARPing faggots who actually think boxing beats wrestling. Both are useful, but wrestling is far and away a much better tool to have in a real life fighting situation. Do you know how damaging a full takedown can be to the human body?

me on the left :)

>all these boxing trolls

Boxing is great and all, but think about how many punches are thrown in a typical boxing match and then think about how many matches actually result in a KO. These are professionals who's only job is to literally be professional punchers and very rarely does a match actually result in a KO. Wrestling is much better for self-defense/street fighting situations.

All of a boxers power comes from their base and their legs. Once a boxer is on the ground, all of that power is gone. They can throw meme bunny punches but if they're on the ground with no power, the wrestler has free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants to...punch, bit, gouge, sit on their fucking face or chest....it's ogre once a boxer loses his base. In a street fighting situation against a wrestler, a boxer has about a 2 second window of opportunity to land a KO before the wrestler grapples and attempts to take down...that's 4-5 punches...maybe 6 or 7 more if they are trained....

The wrestler if he can take a punch. If the wrestler gets a takedown, which he almost certainly will, there is no way the boxer gets back up.