Poor Attendance at Orioles Games

The talk of the town lately is about poor attendance at Orioles games.

Some blame high tickets prices, late start times, uninspired player performances, and so on.

The one thing I have never heard mentioned is safety.

I tried briefly to find attendance stats by day from the time leading up to and after last year's ghost game but couldn't find them.

Could it be that fans just don't want to have to go downtown Baltimore to watch the O's when they can watch the game from the comfort and security of their couch?

That's the real reason but no one can talk about it because it's not politically correct

Is Baltimore third world?

I would like to find the game by game stats to see if there is a real correlation. I am just speculating at this point.
Maybe there is a baseball nut that knows where to find these numbers.

Everyone knows Baltimore is a shithole. Attendance is ranked 20th but the top team in attendance is LA which is also arguably the most dangerous stadium to go see a baseball game.

a lot of it is

Would Detroit be a fair comparison?

no because detroit is a spread-out wasteland, Baltimore is concentrated niggerdom in massive projects

So a mini Chicago by the sea then?

op youre an idiot. attendance has always been like this
the area the stadium around is safe. the issue of security is nonexistent
ticket prices arent high
people just dont care about baseball for 81 games here
stop being a dipshit

Attendance is down from last year and down 5K a night on average from the last time they were headed for the playoffs, the numbers they are seeing now are similar numbers to when the Os really sucked.
also the inner harbor isn't as safe as it used to be and who knows when the next time the mayor decides to give them space to destroy will be.
people just not caring enough about baseball may be the real answer here but if i had kids i wouldnt want to be walking them around baltimore after dark when the games let out.

Ravens are back in action so people would rather spend their money to watch a >decent team play than watch the O's sink any hope of a postseason run

I really want to visit Camden Yards, but outside of that i have no desire to visit Baltimore whatsoever.

seems about right

a lot of our country is, famalam

look at a map; Chicago is right on Lake Michigan
it's basically West Chicago with dirtbike gangs instead of motorcycle gangs

>So a mini Chicago by the sea then?

No, Chicago is mostly decent, there are just some shitty South Side neighborhoods that account for about 80% of the crime. Baltimore is the exact opposite.

>ghost game
stop letting spooks in

no just the cities

The part I go to school and work in is very nice, but one of the rougher areas in the city is only a mile walk down the road.

I got lost with my buddy in downtown Baltimore on a Friday night at 11 o'clock with no phone. Crackheads literally wandered the street and people were constantly reaching for my door handle, it was literally one of the scariest moments of my life. I wasn't racist before that night but if I had gotten out of the car I would have been robbed/beaten/murdered in 15 minutes tops.

This. Most of Chicago is nice as hell. It's a treat of a city.

not everybody can live in the based forest-y areas far away from cops / light pollution like some of us

Cleaveland is first in their division and they have the 3rd worst attendance in the entire league too

My friend was down there last year on a trip with classmates. He wasn't there at the time, but some of his classmates were on a busy city street in broad daylight during business hours and got mugged. Maybe it has its nice suburban areas like every city, but I have no desire whatsoever visiting, even for a sporting event. Apparently baseball fans agree with me.

Just pirating this game guys. I will buy a ticket if I like it.

I was in Chicago this weekend for Riot Fest
we went to a few neighborhoods in north Chicago for shopping and had a blast
then took the pink line down to Douglas Park; holy shit once you cross like Roosevelt the neighborhoods look like a warzone

It's two cities. Chicago is like the nice parts of Manhattan and the shittiest parts of Detroit smashed together.

I've been in Pilsen before, way before it was gentrified (my point being it's actually better now than it was even like 6 years ago) and I hate the eerie silence, the feeling like people are even afraid to walk around outside
people shouldn't have to live like that, especially a mile from south loop

Why would you lie?

Chicago is a massive fucking shithole

The Doyers fan base itself is what makes Doyer Stadium dangerous