Clemson (-10) @ Georgia Tech
Wisconsin @ Michigan St (-5.5)
Georgia @ Ole Miss (-7)
Florida @ Tennessee (-7)
LSU (-3.5) @ Auburn
Stanford (-3) @ UCLA
Arkansas @ Texas A&M (-6)

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17595894/acc-turn-contractor-atlantic-division-ends-3-way-tie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Southern_Mississippi_people#Athletics
btn.com/2016/07/22/ohio-state-picked-to-win-big-ten-in-2016-media-preseason-poll/
mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/expert-picks
sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/20/12982692/ndsu-bison-big-ten-conference
youtube.com/watch?v=Rlz8y6wSuGg
motherjones.com/environment/2016/09/sinkhole-florida-radioactive-water-fertilizer
operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/
underdogdynasty.com/2016/9/18/12958666/three-things-we-learned-about-conference-usa-football-week-3-2016
apps02.arifleet.com/ariclientformsrs/snowbelt/Introsb.aspx
sporcle.com/games/jamesmweber/fbs-teams-with-colors-in-their-nickname
espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17612713/indiana-hoosiers-rb-kiante-enis-charged-two-counts-child-molestation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone make a new thread

NEW BREAD

JUST

This is the official one right? At least OP did it right.

HEY NOW HEY NOW, DONT DREAM ITS OVER

Crowded House anyone?

Let's do it!

Is Texass bag :DDDDD???

THEY COME, THEY COME

TO BUILD A WALL BETWEEN US

WE KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T WIN

Dun dun dun duuuuuun dun !

Texas will be bag when the defense knows how to play a full 60 minutes.

I believe that we will win!

80's music is god-tier, new wave, pop, hair bands, rock, all amazing.

m8 once you go full big12, there is no coming back.

Will GA tech upset Clemson? Or is their team just not good enough?

Even if Watson doesn't show up in this week's game, I wouldn't take the spread against Clemson.
We will come back next week stronger than ever, just you wait!

hopefully. one less variable to consider when divvying out CFP spots

Remember when we asked what happens if FSU losses at LOU, LOU loses at CLEM, and CLEM loses at FSU?
ACC just hired a 3rd party to do a computer formula tie-breaker
espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17595894/acc-turn-contractor-atlantic-division-ends-3-way-tie

The new cover of Sports Illustrated

Heading into Week 4, here is your Top 40 in the new AP and Coaches polls, organized by conference:

SEC WEST
#1/1 Bama
#10/13 aTm (up from #17/20)
#17/18 Arkansas
#17/18 LSU
#21/23 Ole Miss

SEC EAST
#11/12 Georgia
#12/14 Tennessee
#16/19 Florida (up from #23/23)

ACC ATLANTIC
#3/4 Louisville
#3/5 Clemson
#13/14 Florida State

ACC COASTAL
#15/19 The U (up from #25/25)
#27/35 North Carolina
#35/35 Georgia Tech

BIG XII
#15/16 Baylor (up from #19/21)
#21/24 Texas
#21/26 TCU
#25/26 Oklahoma
#32/32 Oklahoma State
#37/NR West Virginia

BIG TEN EAST
#2/2 Ohio State
#4/5 Michigan
#8/8 Michigan State

BIG TEN WEST
#10/11 Wisconsin
#20/20 Nebraska
#25/30 Iowa
#39/NR Minnesota

PAC 12 NORTH
#6/7 Stanford
#9/9 Washington
#31/34 Oregon
#31/41 Cal

PAC 12 SOUTH
#23/24 Utah
#27/29 UCLA
#33/41 Arizona State

INDEPENDENT
#33/36 Notre Dame

AAC WEST
#6/7 Houston
#40/NR Navy

AAC EAST
#34/38 South Florida

MWC EAST
#29/30 Boise State

MWC WEST
#22/28 San Diego St.

MAC WEST
#37/41 Cent. Michigan
#38/39 West. Michigan
#39/41 Toledo

FCS
#27/NR North Dakota St.

>College Gameday will be in Knoxville for the first time since 2012 (four years ago)

Thurs night
#3/5 Clemson at #35/35 Georgia Tech (ESPN)

Friday night
Southern Cal at #23/24 Utah (FS1)

noon ET
#13/14 FSU at #34/38 South Florida (ABC)
#11/12 Georgia at #21/23 Ole Miss (ESPN)
#10/11 Wisconsin at #8/8 Michigan State (BTN)

3:30pm ET
#16/19 Florida at #12/14 Tennessee (CBS)
Penn State at #4/5 Michigan (ABC)
#29/30 Boise State at Oregon State (FS1)

6:00p ET
#17/18 LSU at Auburn (ESPN)

7:30pm ET
#32/32 Oklahoma State at #15/16 Baylor (FOX)

8:00pm ET
#6/7 Stanford at #27/29 UCLA (ABC)
#3/4 Louisville at Marshall (CBSSN)

9:00p ET
#17/18 Arkansas at #10/13 Texas A&M (ESPN)

10:00p ET
#31/41 Cal at #33/41 Arizona State (ESPN2)

>bye week: #2/2 Ohio State, #15/19 Miami, #21/

How likely is it that Sparty derails Michigan's season with another come from behind meme win?

ESPN:

ESPN's Football Power Index gives the Buckeyes a 20.6 percent.chance to win out, second highest in the FBS behind Alabama.

Pity poor Rutgers, the Buckeyes' next opponent after the Ohio State bye this week. The rest of the Big Ten might have to say goodbye to their conference title chances as well. Michigan State and Michigan will provide strong tests in the final two games of the season, and a road trip to Wisconsin next month could be interesting. Injuries, particularly at thin spots like quarterback, running back and offensive line, could change the outlook.

>already has a kid/10

>You act like Tennessee is some small Mississippi school with only one name that made them relevant
>or Southern Miss (who produced Brett Favre).

Listen here Tennessee fucker. Don't lump us in with a bunch of FCS schools, junior colleges, or black schools. USM has produced a long line of great college players, coaches and NFL greats.

Short list:
>Reggie Collier (first NCAA quarterback to rush for 1,000 yards, and pass for 1,000 yards in the same season)
>Brett Favre
>Ray Guy
>Jamie Collins (2015 Pro Bowler)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Southern_Mississippi_people#Athletics

Fuck you and your radioactive orange. Have fun losing to Florida.

It is very hard to find cute pics of girl associated with Midwestern schools buddy. So cold there. Hard to exercise in cold ans not much motivate to exercise when it's so cold and you'll be wearing a coat all year as opposed to shorts and a bikini like in the South and West

Its pretty much an annual tradition

Since 1990 when they started playing each other every year, Florida is 24-6 vs Tennessee. The six Tennessee wins were

1990 - Tennessee win
1992 - Tennessee win
1998 - Tennessee win
2001 - Tennessee win
2003 - Tennessee win
2004 - Tennessee win
2016 - ??

>tfw attend school in Deep South
>tfw girls will be coming to class in Nike shorts and low cut tanks til mid-October

yo tennessee wanna trade places?
it doesn't mess with any rivalries that you actually have a chance in

>tfw nike shorts and non-formfitting t-shirts at my school
feels bad man

This is only the 2nd time in the last 12 years that College Gameday has gone to Knoxville

This is the 5th time College Gameday will be in Knoxville for the biannual FLORIDA AT TENNESSEE game. Tennessee lost every one so far:
1996 - L 35–29
2000 - L 27–23
2002 - L 30–13
2012 - L 37–20
2016 - ??

Last team Tennessee won a game when hosting College Gameday in Knoxville was 1999 when they beat Notre Dame 38-14

Two weeks ago, College Gameday was at Bristol Motor Speedway for Tennessee vs Virginia Tech, which Tennessee won 45–24

>Thirteenesee/Fourteenesee will happen in your lifetime

>le 1 man team face
it won't last.

Last time Tennessee beat Florida was 12 years ago. Since then Florida is 11-0 vs Tennessee.

However, in each of the last 2 seasons, Florida only won by one (1) point both times

from 1990-2001 (a span of 12 years), the top 5 teams in football were:

Win percent
86.8% - Florida State (128-19-1)
86.3% - Nebraska (129-20-1)
81.7% - Florida (122-27-1)
80.4% - Tennessee (118-28-2)
80.4% - Miami (115-28)

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

Why is memecaffrey #2 when he has worse numbers than everyone else on that list?

>big wall of text
>no mention of having the GOAT coach

Top 3 factors to Heisman voting:
1. Being in the central or eastern time zone
2. Being the biggest name on the highest ranking SEC team
3. Being on the preseason Heisman watch

1 Patrick Mahomes II, QB TTU 94 132 71.2 1493

>14 pass td
>4 Rush TD

A real meme QB will win the Heisman

>Michigan
>playoff
>have to play Wisco, State, and tOSU

they are going to get exposed so god damn hard. honestly wouldn't be surprised if they choke against Penn St.

Tennessee was preseason #9 this year, first time Tennessee was ranked preseason Top 25 since since 2008 when they were preseason #18

Since 2004, the Vols have only finished Top 25 three times:
2006 - #25 (9-4)
2007 - #12 (10-4)
last year (2015) - #22 (9-4)

Could they beat Bama?

Mariota won it like 2 years ago you fucking imbecile.

see: #3

>tfw your school is in the same division as Clemson, FSU, and Louisville

It's never going to get better, is it? I just want to watch a good football game at home

>this is a 10/10 in tennessee

To be fair, NC State is absolutely shit. UNC even has a crappy stadium. NC just ain't into football. Very great in both basketball and baseball tho

Do you think North Dakota State will join the Mountain West or BigXII since they are better good teams.

THE

They've already said they are too shitty to join D1. Yes i know hurr 6-0 but the teams they beat were 0-12 Kansas, 0-12 Iowa State etc. Insane they beat a Top 15 Big Ten team

do all tennessee girls have ugly faces?

He has only played two games and neither of them were against shit tier teams like Charlotte or South Carolina State where he could pad his stats like crazy

>NC just ain't into football.
u wot

i'd let her play with my pigskin iykwim

Group of 5 ECU of the AAC is routinely the best football team in NC, and they're a scrappy giant killer at their best, not a franchise team.

Why is he so perfect?

aesthetic

It looks like baby poop.

this tbqhfamalamadingdong

wow u tight

>nearly giving away the game to a dak-less clanga
probably best you don't wear them again

>LSU is finally done with the black QB meme
About fucking time

Do you fags even go to the games.
Walk around the tailgates at any SEC school and there are girls much more attractive then this.
It's as if you guys haven't left the basement in a while and you're stuck in 2007

I won't have to cap it given that you post the same damn thing in every thread.

>Iowa
>Only 1 loss
Ahahaha

>K-State and USC
>not shit tier teams

It's the only loss they have right now. This isn't projected as of yet.

>Malik Henry back in Noles roster
>Francois from "Heisman material" to bench in one week
kek

ESPN SEC analyst Greg Ostendor:

"With John Chavis now in his second year as defensive coordinator, the Aggies are allowing just 13.3 points per game through the first three games, good for second in the SEC. Against Auburn, they had four sacks, including two from star defensive end Myles Garrett. The junior also blew up another play in the backfield that resulted in a tackle for loss.
"We have talent at every position," Garrett said. "We have guys who are going to come down and lay the boom, but then also come off the edge and play the pass. I feel like we can do it all this season. If we just hang in there all four quarters, we can hang with anybody."

The defense has actually outplayed the offense to this point, but the offense has something it hasn't had recently -- veteran leadership at quarterback.

This might be Trevor Knight's first year at Texas A&M, but you wouldn't know it by watching him. The graduate transfer from Oklahoma has taken ownership of the offense, and while he wasn't Spectacular against UCLA or Auburn, he did what a senior is supposed to do. He was calm, cool under pressure. He made plays when his team needed him, and he took care of the football.

But the biggest difference -- and Sumlin alluded to it in his postgame news conference -- is the demeanor of this Texas A&M team and how it is approaching things this season. There's a quiet confidence among this group. It's almost like they know how good they are -- they just don't want anybody else to know. They're not getting caught up in the polls or the rankings or what everybody on the outside is saying. They're focused on the next game.
Texas A&M might be 3-0 and ranked No. 10, but this team isn't even playing its best football yet.
The Aggies peaked early the last two seasons. Maybe this is the year where they peak at just the right time and challenge Alabama.

I go to a "diverse" medical school and I have never been more attracted to middle eastern girls before in my life.

Not all of them are great but the ones that are, are out of this world.

Bend over and spread your ass wide

What did i say last week?

...what

You heard me. Bend over and spread your ass cheeks wide.

Who was the retard who disagreed with me?

>Three weeks ago, Ohio State was gonna be lucky to get 8 wins
>Now, everyone's terrified of playing against them

Get your licks in now, folks. By the end of October, this team is gonna be in its final form and nigh unstoppable.

>>Now, everyone's terrified of playing against them

I wouldn't say that's the case, but tOhio does look pretty confident right now.

Okay, "terrified" might have been too strong a word.

But I imagine the folks in Camp Randall, Happy Valley and East Lansing are feeling a lot less safe about hosting us.

Michigan is the only team in the B1G that looks like they can beat tOhio right now.

Hopefully they show up to the game this year, lol

nice pic of Lamar you have there

>>Three weeks ago, Ohio State was gonna be lucky to get 8 wins
Idk if I'd go that far but they definitely were considered 3rd wheel in the B1G to MSU and Michigan

>3rd wheel to MSU
lol

Can the Noles bounce back?

>they definitely were considered 3rd wheel in the B1G to MSU and Michigan
The fuck? Its always been
It's been
1 Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Michigan State

>the Huskers will never be as good as the 1995 team again

it's time for yahtzee and tapioca grandpa

Shit, this was meant for this

No. Both AP and Coaches have always had it
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Michigan State

And here is the Big Ten preseason poll
btn.com/2016/07/22/ohio-state-picked-to-win-big-ten-in-2016-media-preseason-poll/

BIG TEN EAST
1. Ohio State 260.5 (31)
2. Michigan 241 (14)
3. Michigan State 195.5 (1)

Big Ten Champion
Ohio State (27)
Michigan (11)
Iowa (1)

Not looking good

I love zooming and looking at the facial reactions of the Oklahoma cheerleaders

>Michigan
>Has two of the shittiest cities in the United States
>one went bankrupt
>looks like a fucking horror film
>82% nigger
>other can't provide clear water let alone potable water
>both poor as fuck
>can smoke cigarettes inside like a degenerate so everything smells like dogshit
>can't beat the Bucks to save their lives
>can't beat Sparty which is also shit
>literally can't fall on a bad snap
>0-16
>Tigers will still lose the AL Central to the Tribe
>niggers left and right
>best football players left in Suh and Johnson
>actually made one of the best wide receivers retire
>East Lansing's best alumnus has AIDS
>hire a khaki wearing faggot who can't keep his mouth closed who also coached some hafrican unpatriotic piece of shit
>scUM = nerds and chinks
>all those first round picks last years' draft from Michigan
>Detoilet
>only claim to fame is creating cars and yet they can't even do that right
>have to hire some overpriced PR manager to work for Chrysler to make Detoilet not look like a fucking warzone and create a campaign for Americans to buy cars made in Japan

Fuck Michigan. Good luck putting more signs up in beautiful Ohio trying to get us to experience Michigan. The JACK is better than MGM Grand anyway, and your sports teams suck balls. Your cities suck balls. Your entire state, both the mitten and that dog boner called the upper peninsula are all shit. Oh, I forgot

>letting a essential high schooler from Akron beat the NBA Champions
>having a chimpout on your home turf that lives on in infamy

Good job being the laughing stock of the B1G again, Shitigan. Fucking faggots. Go Bucks.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops called comments that true freshman backup quarterback Austin Kendall made last week about Ohio State's defense "ridiculous," and said that he will restrict media access to only include older players.
In an interview with Sooner Sports TV, Kendall termed the Ohio State defense "basic" and claimed that starting quarterback Baker Mayfield would "light up" the Buckeyes.

"I don't know what [Kendall] could've been watching, to be quite honest with you," Stoops said Monday during his weekly news conference. "He must not have watched any tape, if he had that to say."

That's not really something to worry about, considering Clemson and Louisville play each other this season, and one will eliminate the other.

Fake Urban Meyer @ FakeUrban
Sep 17
BREAKING NEWS: Oklahoma backup quarterback realizes the " basic " defense he saw on film was his own team. #oops

I'll take having colder Octobers in the midwest if it means I can wear jeans and long sleaves without sweating like a god damn animal. Also leggings > shorts

>Criminoles

>implying there is no gap in talent between teams like K-state/USC and Charlotte and other shit schools

Just how fucking new are you? I bet you think that Texas Tech produces the best qbs since they are always leading the league in passing.

>biannual

When do they play a second time?

>0 titles

Ummmmmmmmm

biennial

Really makes you think

Dat southern fried education

yeah, that you are playing as USF on varsity

Haven't touched it
Not the first blowout this season

I'll believe you user. fsu is that JUST team this year and even video games know it

Do you guys play on All American or Heisman? I've found that with Heisman (atleast for NCAA 13) just make your own players suck more. For example, even if you audible more pass protection to pick up blitzes, or pull a guard, the defenders just plow right over your blocker. Also, none of your recievers cannpick up a block, even if it is on a cornerback. This eliminates runs to the edge/jet sweeps and any passing plays that take more than a second to develop. It gets really frustrating, because it limits the playbook to nothing but slant passes, go routes, and read options. It seems like you need to play on All American to play the game with any sort of variety.

It's eerie isn't it
It actually picked FSU to win last week

>not playing The Masters 2014 on highest difficulty with tournament pacing and flagstick and hardest weather settings and then getting really good at it and beating all your friends for shekels

For these it's the Xbox playing itself
But when I play on Heisman, I can't run
I end up throwing 80% of the time

>tfw bye week

Looks like I'm going home for the weekend.

If you play against a team that runs a 4-3 defense, then you can tear up the ground game by running the read option on an offset shotgun formation. Really gimmicky and memey, but it is a way to get up your rushing yards.

Another week Free Shoes university gets their asses handed to them
Is Louisville that good or is second half Florida State against Ole Miss just an anomaly?

i wouldn't be surprised if it handicaps offensive players only, because defense in football games is meh, and because PvP would make no sense if all of both team's players were just worse

That's true but my quarterback always gets hurt within a few plays
I once went through 4 quarterbacks in a quarter

>-24 rushing yards
Dalvin Cook got 6

Just have the play run the qb to the closest sideline and get out of bounds as quick as possible. Also don't run the hurry up with it. Give your guys some time to rest.

Seems kinda counterproductive with all these spread offenses
But I did that with a pro-style huddle offense

Doing Georgia-Ole Miss next
Updating Georgia's depth chart
They only have 7 guys listed on the O-Line in their 2-deep

A bit of both. Jimbo is a great recruiter, literally Meyer/Saban level but he doesn't have the team preparation that Meyer or Saban do.

Even Jimbo will say he doesn't like being known for comebacks because it means he didn't prepare properly for the first half. That means they are capable of being blown out.

Have you done UF-UT yet?

Floriduh will win. It would only take a massive fuckup for them to lose imho.

Even with a backup QB? I know muh streak and all, but...

I try to do these in the order of which they will be played

>wku might win cusa title
>wku recruiting a top 5 bball recruiting class for next year

Good for wku but they are going to be a pain to play against in cusa

You are seriously doubting the incompetence of Butch Jones?

Grip and Sip should seriously be in the CFP. As long as they don't play Bama they could win lol.

Ah, I gotcha.

UF will have to seriously cut down on the penalties. 11 against North Texas is Not a good omen. It'll be a nailbiter again for sure.

i like this

I am really glad that you took that as a challenge to post hot girls. thank you really.

this is the best one. nice ass and cute face

The good news for Ole Miss is that because they're not up by 3 touchdowns so they can still win this one

can anyone in the nation beat 1st half ole miss?

NDSU or Tortilla Tech possibly Cal.

is the new NCAA even good

Not really

>tfw your team is getting overhyped for beating an extremely overrated team
>tfw going to go 5-7 at best
>tfw probably going to go 3-9 or 4-8

>Dennis Dodd is paid to make these picks

mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/expert-picks

you really don't grasp the concept of those charts, do you?

Coming back when?

Stil around famalam, and doing pretty damn good in CFB as the AAC.

>texas state

I think in the left he's picking teams to cover/not cover, and in the right are his actual picks.

>new NCAA

Tfw

>Nebraska enters the anOhioStateUniversity game undeafeated
>Gameday @ the Horseshoe
>Everyone is hyped for two undefeated B1G teams squaring off
>Cred Forums is counting on Big Red to slay the Buckeye dragon
>We get BTFO on national television for the 1 billionth time in the last decade
>MFW

>Finebaum: The Big Ten is the best conference
what now sec cucks?

Who is number one and won natties?

>b-b-but muh bama
typical sec fans riding the coat tails of saban. in case it wasn't already obvious(it was) it's about the conference as a whole not just 1 team.

I'm from Alabama. Never been to college, hell I never finished high school but I know good football when I see it through my 15 inch CRT in my beat-up singlewide.

Feels good to be a buckeye desu

Just had a job interview at tOSU Athletic department actually, if all goes well I should be able to get a job which means I'll get paid to go to home games

What's it going to take to make Nebraska great again

A great coach who can recruit like a mother fucker...

Jury is still out on Riley...but if he can get to 9 wins this season, he's serviceable (which is entirely doable this season. Objectively, I see us losing to tOSU and then either @Wisconsion or @Iowa...maybe both. Then again, we could beat both Wis and Iowa). I'm still not sold on him as the one to take us back to the top, but at least he's shown he can keep coaching up kids. Tommy's play this year alone is leaps and bounds ahead of what it has been his whole career.

Nebraska doesn't have the allure anymore to recruit at a high level like Ohio State or Michigan and may never have it again.
I think they will be in eternal >Wisconsin tier if they have a decent coach.

They need to strike gold with a coach similar to Dantonio if they ever want to be a contender again

sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/20/12982692/ndsu-bison-big-ten-conference

2016 cfp

>Houston
>Louisville
>Stanford
>Bama

Where is LA Tech my man? Oh yeah that's right they suck. GO TTU!

A retarded chimp could do a better job than our current QB. The whole crowd was chanting to bench him at our home game week 2. I yelled something about it when I was down on the field for the halftime show and a few WRs from our team gave me that "i agree but i dont want to say anything" look

nebraska will win

I miss Jeff Driskel.

Will Virginia win a game this season?

L 37-20 Richmond
L 44-26 @Oregon
L 13-10 @UConn

>#37/41 Cent. Michigan
>@Duke
>Pitt
>#27/35 UNC
>#3/4 Louisville
>@Wake Forest (3-0)
>#15/19 Miami
>@#35/35 Georgia Tech
>@VT

Possibly Wake Forest, but who even knows.

>Nebraska doesn't have the allure anymore to recruit at a high level like Ohio State or Michigan

I agree. Which is why we need a top-level recruiter and a head coach with a dynamic personality who can draw recruits in.

Nebraska has always done a couple things to offset its heavy recruiting disadvantages.

1.) Develop and coach up talent. The '95 team, widely considered to be the greatest cfb team of all time, started something like 6 walk-ons (the number may be off, this is off the top of my head). Both Devaney and Osborne knew that to win at Nebraska you had to have a good pool of in-state walk-ons/recruits to keep the tradition of NU football alive and transfer the culture and tradition of Nebraska to the out of state recruits.

2.) National recruiting. Unlike most other blue-bloods, Nebraska doesn't have a plethora of top-level recruits sitting in their backyard. Nebraska has always succeeded when it was able to recruit kids from places like California, Texas, Florida, etc.

3.) Coaches who knew how to develop talent. This is something that was born out of necessity rather than luxury. Nebraska has never really been able to pull in the top-level recruits consistently and has always relied on great coaching to develop players. This is probably the main reason Pelini failed so hard.

At the end of the day, the geographic populations surrounding Lincoln are sparse and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon (though with the way things are going, we might be seeing a 'white exit' to more rural areas and parts of the country, so it's possible that places like Omaha, Kansas City, and Des Moines see population large population growths in the next 20-50 years).

They could win, but I don't see it happening. At the very least, I think we'll put up a good fight, which is something which would never happen under Pelini.

same.

>You will never see Jeff throw dragons to Trent Taylor ever again
is there any reason to live at this point?

You could always be a Southern Miss fan.

I feel as though they should steal one, but that is a horrible team

Assuming SDSU wins out and wins their conference championship, what do you think is the highest ranking they could attain?

I'd really like to see a Cal-TTU game soon. It would be a lot of fun.

Cal plays Wazzu so that's pretty close

Maybe a bowl game between them?

>southerners talking aboyt the midwest
Never fails to amuse. Also, Midwestern states have less fat people than any humid hellhole swamp below the Mason Dixon, so that kinda ruins your theory.

Its pretty likely they could both end up in the cactus bowl, and maybe the alamo bowl if they do really well

Honestly, not at first. I had never seen one in that format before that one. But you could be more polite.

Midwestern oldfag here that has lived in a bunch of places. There are always a few exceptions but in general, schools in the south and west have a ton of pretty girls while Midwestern schools do not. It's a night and day difference.

If you're from the Midwest, i recommend going to school in the South or West and finding a pretty girl to take home (assuming you want to go home, i dont know anyone from the Midwest who wanted to go back after living elsewhere)

As for weather, yes, the South is miserable with hot humid summers, and the summers in Arizona are miserable, you feel like you're in a oven the whole time. That's why go back back to the Midwest over the summers.

But during the school year the weather is absolutely perfect all school year in the South. In the South, your school year is basically perfect fall weather and then perfect spring weather with 1 week of cold days in between. As for the West it depends what part.

Only thing you miss, say if you go to the South for school, is trees changing color in the fall and getting to see snow.

Also, no matter where you live, i definitely recommend going to college in a different region to experience the difference. A lot of people do that

I'm not that guy but JT Barrett is a championship caliber, consistently good player. He plays for the best team in CFB right now. Lamar Jackson just won the September Heisman. Don't be retarded.

>he's played like garbage

wat has that guy been watching this year, Barrett wasn't spectacular against Tulsa but otherwise he's been excellent

i didn't realize how beautiful things fell into place for Michigan State this year. Remaining schedule...

WISCONSIN
>@Indiana
BYU
NORTHWESTERN
>@Maryland
MICHIGAN
>@Illinois
RUTGERS
OHIO STATE
>@Penn State

>I miss Jeff Driskel.

What the actual fuck?

somewhere in the 13-16 range, which would be enough for a NY6 bowl right?

They already wasted their bye though

They'll only get it if houston beats louisville, if not houston will get that bowl

Dude was a beast at La Tech

I don't think it's impossible, just highly unlikely

I'm an OSU fan but I don' think Barrett will win the heisman

he'll probably be a finalist but he isn't really a flashy playmaker like most heisman winners are

He's just very good at distributing the ball and making reads but he isn't gonna juke 3 guys out or do some crazy spin move or some other flashy plays. He'll just continue to put up great numbers and be clutch at moments but those aren't the type of things that win you the heisman

Actually yeah the Cotton bowl can pick both of them, which would be cool if houston doesn't make the playoffs.

A good ole g5 championship.

Of course those faggots would never do that because it's actually a good idea

>no akron
not likely

They did play Boise and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl
I think San Diego State would need to make the top 10 though

Where do they need a bye week? They have all cupcakes remaining other than Wisconsin/Ohio State/Michigan and a shitty team in a tough stadium in Penn State

La Tech must have low standards, cause he was straight trash at UF.

Clemson faded down the stretch last year and struggled against cupcakes
Even if it's just a short break, players just need mental break to keep their focus

Literally wouldn't even be shocked if this were the outcome. FSU is too JUST and USF is criminally underrated

He wasn't the problem. Muschamp was.

So that's good for Michigan State as Ohio State is on their bye week this weekend, which was same time as Clemson's bye week last year

Michigan's bye week is Week 7 (with 6 games remaining)

no they were both the problem.

Driskel was kept down by the system at Florida. Anyone can see that if you look at the difference he had between Florida and here. Statistically he had on of the best seasons in LA Tech history last year.

of course Cred Forums has a "great" history of predicting outcomes.

lets not forget the fsu did kill an ok ole miss team

How is that a good sign for Michigan State?

Because Ohio State is Mich State's biggest threat left, as always

Big Ten Champs
2013 - Michigan State
2014 - Ohio State
2015 - Michigan State

College Football News 2016 Preview:
"Key Game. Nov. 19, 2016 Ohio State at Michigan State – This showdown has basically been the Big Ten title game over the last three years, and it probably will be again this time around."

I live in the south right now. It's 90 degrees in late September. There's nothing perfect about this shit. The weather in the south generally sucks.

This. We have fans from Louisiana to Pensacola, FL. Join the Big Gold Nation.

Deep South here. Beautiful fall weather today and weather here is going to be perfect until summer like always

this desu

i just realized how much Dantonio transformed that program, like these dudes are recruiting 5 star recruits now

South Mississippi. The best thing about my life the past few weeks has been the earlier sunsets and the (slightly) cooler temps at night.

In May/June the heat is nice and appropriate for summer. By late July you're begging for mercy, but there will be none. Not until October at least.

Whereabouts?

Michigan bState would be wearing down too

I couldn't do it man. I'm not even really in "the south", (Louisville, KY), and I love summer up north but not here. I like that it comes early here, but it stays too damn long. Plus we never get a white Christmas but 2 ft of snow will drop in early February when you're already sick of winter.

Here's a pic i just took. It's a lot darker than it looks because of the camera. Lot of clouds today and i live by a lake with a breeze so whether is great. At my local SEC school it was hot last game, like 87 degrees, but it felt great where I'm at that day too because of the cloud coverage we had. CFB Week 1 or Week 2 (forget which, few weekends ago) was very hot here. Sept gets hot days here. Fall officially starts tomorrow and it's always nice whether all October all the way to May

Damn yankees and their 4 seasons.

Another pic facing different direction.

You're a puss man. I toughed it out in hell's own backyard Fort Stewart and I also made it in North Dakota after I got done serving. The South is completely mild compared to where I've been.

>tfw new england fag
>tfw blessed with based comfy weather and seasons
>tfw cursed with shit /cfb/
:/

>all these people saying the SEC south has no 4 season

LOL thats stills better than south florida where there only 2 seasons. Hot/humid and just Hot.

Its been cooler the last couple of days because it actually dropped to like 78 when I was awake

>tfw central valley of California
>tfw summers are often 100+ (though no humidity)
>tfw winters are windy and foggy
>tfw when the weather is nice in the spring and fall you're dying of allergies because of the agriculture

I can deal with it, don't get me wrong, I just like my 4 seasons more. I remember it being like 72 with a severe thunderstorm and tornadoes a few days before christmas a couple years ago. It's not like I slit my wrists over it but it's pretty lame and decidedly uncomfy.

/weather/ general

per Google, it is currently 79°F in East Lansing (Michigan State) which sucks because i like when the big games in the Big Ten are played in the freezing cold especially when it's smash mouth type teams with great lines like Wisconsin and Michigan State

We weather channel now?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rlz8y6wSuGg

86 over here.

Really doesn't happen as much in cfb. Although I think Iowa had a /snowb owl/ last season. I agree though, winter weather games are the greatest.

Where do you live that gets tornados? Deep South i live in doesn't get tornados, we don't even have tornado warning siren (although i have friends that told ne they have them in other parts of the South, in particular Little Rock, Nashville and Birmingham

Not him but I live in North Georgia and we are prone to tornadoes from time to time. My city has a tornado siren.

So how bad is kentucky gonna lose to the cocks?

Imma say 37-20 after taking a 20-0 half time lead.

52-0 and Stoops is executed on the 50 at halftime.

Pretty much anywhere between the Rockies and Appalachians gets tornadoes bruh. You must be in Georgia because Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Texas get a bunch of em every year.

Carolina's terrible

I guess it's because I live near the Tennessee border, but here in Georgia I get a quite a few tornadoes in the spring around March.

Houston and Louisville won't both be in the playoff. They play each other in like week 10.

But Kentucky blows at keeping leads.

I miss Steve Spurrier.

Michigan fan:
"Ohio State has the perfect rival stadium -- imposing, gray, bleak. Both time I've been there it's reminded me of some combination of WWII-era germany and an imperial star destroyer. Especially with those marching band uniforms, which could easily pass for the police uniforms of a dystopian totalitarian regime."

They look like the North Korean military uniform

>Michicucks complaining one of the oldest and most historical stadium in football history doesn't have enough gay pride flags and plastic electronics bolted onto every corner
Sad!

Cal will have a good season this year.

Darth Sabanous and his Darth Meyer have had a stranglehold on the /cfb/ galaxy for too long. But a new hope has emerged. Jim Harbwalker will return balance to the force.

Ohio State's remaining schedule...

RUTGERS
>@Wisconsin (Oct. 15)
>@Penn State
NORTHWESTERN
NEBRASKA (Nov. 5)
>@Maryland
>@Michigan State (Nov. 19)
MICHIGAN (Nov. 26)

>dystopian totalitarian regime.

that's what america needs to strive to be. It would be better for america and society in the long run.

Florida here
Fuck off with this pussy shit,
I'd rather take a lifetime of 90 degree weather than one sub-freezing day

hmm.... I predict with my metaphorical crystal balls is.....

Rutgers W
Wisconsin W
Northwestern W
Nebraska L (always go for atleast one upset)
MaryLand W
Michigan State L
Mich W

That's because you're a subhuman poo-skin whose DNA has biologically conditioned you for such. Enjoy your monkey weather, Tyrone Ramirez.

I'm a blonde hair blue eye'd Hitler's wet dream and I love warm sweaty weather. You's just pussy unamerican fagtron. Though I be from kentucky I wish I was on a beach right now.

If by L you mean a really close win by tOSU (within 3 points let's say) then yes I agree lad

kys fuccboi

>Yankees literally ave inferior genes which won't allow them to survive in based summer weather
Kek

btw that shit florida man meme only exists because Florida is a bastion of transparency which releases public arrest records unlike your shit state, in which they are private.
All that shit happens in your redneck miswest shithole too, you just don't know it because the authorities don't have the good graces to tell you, but good job literally posting reddit, my faggoty friend

>fuccboi

how do you say this word? also nah I ain't got the body for that.

This. Californian user here. It may get balls hot in the summer, but at least we don't have to deal with anything worse than rain or the very occasional hail.

Really? I see us just barely losing a shootout this weekend at ASU then picking on Oregon State and Wazzu, and maybe ruining Washington's season, but that's it. At the very best, we'll also outmeme Oregon but I'm not very confident beyond that. Doesn't help that nearly all of our important games are away too.

other states are so pathetic

Whatever you say, Florida man.

motherjones.com/environment/2016/09/sinkhole-florida-radioactive-water-fertilizer

>Florida

keez fuckboy

>other states dont even have publix
why would i ever listen to these flyover faggots

>His state doesn't have Whataburger AND Publix
LMAOing @ your life.

>Florida man will never walk in a winter wonderland

>floridians will never experience a winter wonderland
thats depressing desu

Everything about Florida is depressing. It's Brazil-lite.

Florida has Whataburger though
And it's shit

>having to shovel your driveway
Yeah no thanks

I do love that tally whataburger.

are you calling hot girls depressing?

I mean I do hate the weather but seeing hot girls everywhere is not depressing

Why do other states get so triggered?

ayyyy that Tally whataburger doe

No Publix

I drive a jeep and pay a neighborhood kid $20 to do it.
>m-muh clap having hoes
C'mon man. This is the same shit Brazilians and Colombians say when you talk about what a horrific shithole they live in.

The 24 hour whataburger on Tennessee St and Insomnia Cookies

Chubby's yo.

Death to those that oppose Bulldogs

>getting unironically angry at sandwiches
why are these other states so autistic? if it was because all our cfb teams are much better than theirs i could understand, but getting mad at bread meat cheese and vegetables?

>i drive a jeep
XJ gang or no gang

I love XJ's but drive a JK (2 door cus I'm not a tasteless pleb)

>tfw blessed with superior education
>tfw blessed with the #1 NFL team
>tfw blessed with the Sox going for another title

Chin up brother, it's all pretty great here. Even if our CFB consists of only BC and UMass, and ostensibly some Ivy Leaguers

>Panhandlers don't have Relish burgers

Ivy Leagues are far better than PeeC and PooMass.

fuck UMass, especially fuck BC, they dont even qualify as a hometown team

its all about Harvard and the million D3/D2 programs
>not rooting for Harvard and your local D3 team

but other than miami there is no comparison to the columbian and brazil. The best thing is miami has those fine women without going to third world countries
those late nights after going out or when I was done with my 8oclock class.

gunthrie's is better

Football-wise: Princeton > Harvard
Living-wise: Harvard > Princeton
fuck New Jersey.

>>tfw blessed with superior education
nothing says superior like using "wikipedia" for all your sources for debates like all New Englanders do.

I'm at Dartmouth so it is all about my boy Keggy the Keg.

Both are garbage to live in, same with Brown, Columbia, Penn, and Yale. Cornell is the only other Ivy with a passable campus.

What does New England have to do to get a respectable FBS CFB program?

nah princeton can battle yale for No. 2, Harvard is taking the Ivy League this year

I went to Dartmouth for a couple of parties. You guys know how to get down. I had some friends who went there, but I chose a different school.

>What does New England have to do to get a respectable FBS CFB program?
people dont care about local teams here, we'll never get a local big team to root for

It's a pretty cool place, Greek life is very easy going in terms of the openness of parties and that lends to a very connected campus atmosphere.

Where did you go?

I'm going to Cal as I'm focusing on a STEM degree. I actually have two bachelor's degrees and am currently working on master's.

>Stanford
>In the Playoff

also, either Houston OR Louisville, but not both.

come on now.

who /wyo/ here?

Oh shit that is sweet. I've still got a couple years before I'm done with undergrad but good luck my dude.

The reason why I have two bachelor's degrees is that I went undergrad at one school in one subject and then realized I wouldn't have a job with it, so I went back to school and studied a STEM field and graduated then started my graduate studies at Cal.

wow u tight

I don't have an xbox live and I only have NCAA 13. Is it still possible to download 2016 rosters?

As a CFB casual, does Lamar Jackson stand a chance in the NFL or is he a 100% meme?

200% meme.

Different user, but what do you study at Cal? I went there for my undergrad.

yeah, aslong as you have a usb

go on operationsports and find the ncaa 13 rosters you want, download them to your desktop, use modio to write the roster to your account and put the roster onto your flash drive

sounds complicated but just YouTube how to use modio to assign files to your gamertag

operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/

That's a big meme.

I'm working for a master's in Forestry.

4u

Lamar hasn't had a Stat padder

Oh, nice. ESPM then? I have a friend who did that for his undergrad. I was EPS myself.

Yup.

Scouts think he'll be another Mike Vick, who wasn't a franchise QB but was a good asset as a running QB in his younger years in the NFL

>mfw WHYo loses to EMU

for BC, the Matt Ryan era was fun. It was the last time BC was ever in the weekly Top 25, and were were regularly in the Top 25 during all 4 years we had him, and finished in the final Top 25 all 4 years with him, the best being when we finished #10 his senior year in 2007.

they were the only years we finished Top 25 since the early 90s. What's crazy is we got Luke Kuechly after Matt Ryan and were never ranked even for a week the whole Luke Kuechly era even though he was an All-American every year and won the Lombardi Award.

underdogdynasty.com/2016/9/18/12958666/three-things-we-learned-about-conference-usa-football-week-3-2016

>tfw stuck in Conference USA while all your old opponents are living it up in the AAC

Even makes me miss those arrogant asses in Houston.

reminder that "THE CLASS OF CONFERENCE USA" was beaten by a mid-tier Sun Belt team on Saturday.

compare to Michigan's remaining schedule:

PENN STATE
WISCONSIN
>@Rutgers
ILLINOIS
>@Michigan State (Oct. 29)
MARYLAND
>@Iowa (Nov. 12)
INDIANA
>@Ohio State (Nov. 26)

Note that, in the last 10 years, the only time Michigan played Iowa was 2009-2013, and Michigan went 1-4 vs Iowa, with the only win coming vs a 4-8 Iowa team:

2013 Michigan (7-6) @ Iowa (8-5)
>L 21-24
2012 Iowa (4-8) @ Michigan (8-5)
>W 42-17
2011 Michigan (11-2) @ Iowa (7-6)
>L 16-24
2010 Iowa (8-5) @ Michigan (7-6)
>L 28-38
2009 Michigan (5-7) @ Iowa (11-2)
>L 28-30

Closer game than the score shows
>Troy had a legit running game
>Refs made terrible offensive calls against USM
>Refs let USM wide receivers get pummeled all night long by bad hits
>Delay of game call made against Southern Miss after QB spiked the ball in the 4Q
>Southern Miss made late game drive to 4 yard line but ran out of time

That being said, C-USA is indeed a joke.

Any Cal Poly fans here? Looking forward to the game this weekend.

>Three weeks ago, Ohio State was gonna be lucky to get 8 wins
not true btw

>le sun belt referees

You don't have the body to be anything other than a Golden Corral spokesman

lol

Michigan lost to everybody halfway decent between 2008-2014. It doesn't really say anything about right now.

And that was the best bowl game that season too.

>mfw the Miami Dolphins sub is back at Publix

So gud

>honestly wouldn't be surprised if they choke against Penn St.

why? does PSU have an advantage anywhere on the field other than RB? Michigan is also playing at home and gets Jourdan Lewis and Taco Charlton back for this one. Also Michigan beat PSU @ PSU last year, and the line is currently Michigan -20 or something.

Theres a bucs one too but idk what it is

>why
because Michigan is Michigan

It's all about the chicken tender sub

Just put $50 on Georgia Tech +10

Yeah and Michigan is easily a top 5 team this year

I tried that one and I gotta say it didnt really live up to the meme hype it got imo. The italian has always been the best bet

its time to stop living in 1997 user

/snow game/ best game

Yeah well it's still September genius

It could be enough if Louisville gets meme'd by Houston and Stanford loses to Washington though. We're very nearly at the end of the "new upstart contender" phase of the Heisman life cycle.

>MFW South Bama expose SDSU again
>MFW SDSU gets deranked and forever irrelevant

Sun belters will never know this feel

>wanting to sit in freezing cold
theres zero reason I would want to know that feel

>what are warm clothes
>what is booze
Why don't you follow divegrass instead, you bleeding gash

GO GRIZ

UP WITH MONTANA

t. limp wristed cuck numale

>warm clothes
its still going to be cold sitting still in that weather for that long
>being a drunken degenerate
>paying $9 at the stadium for it
>"muh pregame"

I know right. Your vagina might get cold.

>these are the same people that think 95+ degrees is hot
pathetic

that's sweater weather

100 degrees is called 2 a days

/snowbros/

>Minnesota-Montana broship
im okay with this

>these are the same people that literally have never seen snow in their life

unbelievable

>snow
yea everyone is moving up north so they can freeze and look at dirty snow.

>Not living in warm weather but having the mountains a 2 hour drive away so you can go to the snow whenever you like in the winter
LMAO
M A
A M
OAML

North is better tbqh. South is too humid and theres only like 3 weeks of winter

>unironically living around negros

>what is Michigan, Illinois, New York etc

Crazy both Michigan and Wisconsin get 90 snow days a year (90!) yet they are playing each other this week when its still hot
apps02.arifleet.com/ariclientformsrs/snowbelt/Introsb.aspx

>snow belt

you and me both friend

There is a zero (0) percent chance that Tennessee wins this week

>polite
>on Cred Forums
Alright just this once. But yeah that's the format for that kind of chart, which people have been posting here the past couple weeks.

>gay pride flags
>Michigan Stadium

Yeah A2 is weird af, but that generally doesn't make it to football, because [spoiler]tumblrites don't attend sporting events[/spoiler]

Tennessee is checkering the stadium this week for Florida

Michigan State is striping the stadium this week for Wisconsin

GT is doing a white-out of their 55K stadium Thurs night for Clemson

GT will also be wearing their special white helmets for the white-out

aesthetic

The picture of the Okahoma game last year was sweet.

Looking at ASU's schedule today I figure that the only team we should lose to is Washington if we don't shit the last half of the season like the past few years.
If that actually happened would we make the playoffs or was our schedule too weak this year?

oh right good call mr pedo

Michigan has a solid history of kicking Pedo State's teeth in.

app state gets snow

they also have a solid history of choking

That's pretty skeevy. Do you really get this much enjoyment out of seeing strangers' legs?

Whiteouts at Bobby Dodd are fun as fuck for a pretty small stadium.

Mornin, /cfb/

Ever go to a college game where neither team playing is a team you usually root for?

I went to a wedding in New Orleans last year and this Ark friend wanted to go to the LSU / Ark game in Baton Rouge so I said why the fuck not let's turn up. Ark slapped LSU silly

I live in Houston so I'm thinking about going to that Louisville game at UH, especially if Louisville beats Clemson next week.

Utah is doing its ninth-annual blackout game Friday for USC. Utah's last home game against USC in 2014—a 24-21 win—was also a blackout game.

Utah is 6-2 in blackout games, beating TCU (2008), Wyoming (2009), Oregon State (2011), Cal (2012), USC (2014) and Oregon State (2015), and losing to TCU (2010) and UCLA (2013).

Last year, Utah was 6-0 and ranked No. 3 in the country (AP) before playing and losing to USC, 42-24, in the Coliseum.

3-0 Utah's remaining schedule:

USC
>@Cal
ARIZONA
>@Oregon State
>@UCLA
WASHINGTON
>@Ariz State
OREGON
>@Colorado

>Mormons

>picked Florida over Tennesshit

Happy first day of Fall!

(or if you are in the southern hemisphere, happy first day of spring!)

Goodbye summer ;-;

Why is that one corner on the visitor's side left out?

>he's not a leg man
Fag.

Are you gay son?
Legs>Tits

I went to a Texas 5A playoff game once between Allen and Arlington-Martin. Just popped in since I'd never been to a 5A highschool game before.

finally

Ordinarily, this is the sort of scenario where we break Clemson's heart and either start or finish the collapse of their dreams for the season. That's not impossible tonight but I am not expecting that to be the outcome.

I don't know that we'll learn anything about Clemson which we don't already know but it'll certainly be educational on what sort of team Tech is. I'd like to think that tonight we can start believing that 2015 was an aberration and we're going to pick up where 2014 left off, but who fucking knows anymore.

I'm expecting a loss

I kind of doubt that, you've got no real reason to. Outside of our tendency to play spoiler over the last couple of decades, which essentially means nothing until after the game.

Our defense has been improving over the last season and a half, but there's no reason to expect that we can do much to stop or slow Watson. And since I haven't yet seen any reason to believe we can keep up in a shootout, my bet is that you guys win another three score+ game which is never really in doubt.

I really hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see us back in 2014 form. And just because we lose tonight doesn't make that impossible, but I don't think tonight is the night we start cracking conference skulls again.

Why is this game on the Big Ten Network and Iowa-Butgers got ESPN2?

Thursday night
Short week
Short week to prepare for the option
We haven't won in Bobby Dodd
Sputtering offense
I think our defense is designed in a way which could kill option teams though so we have that going for us

that's neat.

I love option offenses so much. They're my favorite college offense.

I could definitely see a 1 loss Louisville making it in if only Bama and Houston are undefeated.

sporcle.com/games/jamesmweber/fbs-teams-with-colors-in-their-nickname

I got 51%

>Legs>Tits
Nobody's disputing this, but I don't actively gain enjoyment from watching strangers walking around in shorts. Why should this be exciting?

Spartans in trouble

Have you been tracking you w/l ratio on these games vs real life?

It's not good
I was great week 1
Got shredded week 2 but I had to super sim for most of them
Got shredded week 3 though
Currently 46th in the pick'em
But I'm committed to this
But I got a new roster

If Houston beats Louiville, then it will be
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Houston
4. Stanford

>Currently 46th in the pick'em
>But I'm committed to this

If it's so shitty why commit to it instead of seeking a better method?

Committed to the method, not to the pick'em

What do you think, lads?

Do we

A) get beaten like a slave by the Ole Piss Plantation Owners

B) out-choke the chokingest team in the SEC and lose by 7 or less

C) Have Kek answer our prayers and keep winning through meme magic?

WSU Cougar Football @wsucougfb
2h
Another beautiful Fall day in Pullman, WA! #GoCougs

>fall

Syracuse University @ SyracuseU
2h
It's the first day of autumn & the start of the most beautiful time of year on campus

I found option boring until the zone read was a big deal.

the way Kansas State runs the zone read is beautiful

Assuming Washington wins out, which they very well may not, I see them in the CFP, Stanford in the roseb owl (or playoffs if they beat UW), and then we get the next pac12 bowl. If Manny doesn't meme we actually have a really good looking team

Like anything, option is boring until you see a great team running it. Then it's awesome

I think the utes go as folows:
>w
>w
>w
>w
>w
>l
>l
>w
>w but closer than expected

Yale Alumni Magazine
@yalealumnimag
6h
Today is the first day of autumn . We found some of the first fall color on campus to prove it.

Louisiana Tech University @LATech
2h
It's the first day of autumn & the start of the most beautiful time of year on campus

Wisconsin won 30-17 btw

Florida State University
@floridastate
1h
Happy 1st day of fall, @floridastate!
#FallForFSU

Oh and it's only 90 degrees by the way

Texas A&M University
@TAMU
Happy #FirstDayofFall, Ags! Aggieland will soon be more colorful (and colder)! #tamu

Harvard Business @ HarvardHBS
3h
Happy first day of fall! The first few autumn leaves have started to fall on campus !

Oklahoma Golf
@ OU_MGolf
7h
Good morning from yOUr beautiful campus Sooner Nation #OUrtime #OU

>tfw it's 86 in Columbus

Fuck this shit. I want based fall.

>Gaytors

>fspoo

>pic from LSU's Fall Fest they had over the weekend

He does play for the TAMPA bay buccaneers so...FHRITP

>tfw our fall fest was some lame pool party
whoever plans the events here is terrible

Baltimore's stadium will stand in for FedEx

a few weeks ago i ragged on nike x oregon for making shit uniforms with stupid slogans like "mighty ducks" on the pants when they havent won shit

but jesus christ does nike really have no more ideas? theyre literally dressing like ducks now

Andrew Schmitz
@coachaschmitz
3h
Wouldn't be FSU/ USF week with out messing with @feldman44 office. Thanks

>Against a good Colorado team, Peppers had nine tackles, one sack and 3 1/2 tackles for a loss as well as quarterback hurry in addition to his 24 yards rushing, 81 yards on kick returns and 99 yards on punt returns with that key score.

>Peppers leads the country in tackles for a loss, has three sacks from his hybrid linebacker position and accounts for more negative yardage than anyone I’ve seen so far. Yes, he needs to rush the ball and be a monster in the return game to get a look because the Heisman voting is stupid, essentially eliminating every defensive player in the country before the season starts and narrowing down to quarterbacks and running backs by mid-season. But shouldn’t the most versatile and well-rounded player in college football be in the constant Heisman chatter moreso than players who have their hands on the ball every play? Yes. #PeppersForHeisman. Get it started and let’s give defenders some love.

Seems like an odd game to be a neutral site game

GeorgiaTech Football
@GeorgiaTechFB
56m
The calm before The Swarm
#GTWhiteout

>a good Colorado team

I'm guessing that's the student section, and they don't trust a bunch of drunk kids (who often change spots during the game) to not fuck up the striping.

also students probably have "official" game t-shirts that came with tickets, and those are probs green.

>theyre literally dressing like ducks now

sounds dumb but I think it actually looks pretty good.

people are never gonna admit peppers is good, lol

idk why more neutral fans don't like him. he plays so violently on D and is explosive af on O/ST

guess people just hate hearing about him so much

Reporter for Clemson Insider Kaila Burns-Heffner
@ K_BurnsHeffner

27m
Beautiful view for tonight's matchup!

3h
Happy to be heading down to Atlanta to cover tonight's matchup!

4h
Clemson has won 17 straight regular season games since their loss at GT in 2014. Now they return to Bobby Dodd [FOR VENGANCE!]

comfy stadium

never realized ga tech was in an urban area. for some reason imagined it like a more traditional college campus.

Is Georgia Tech the most successful inner city football program in the South? Most SEC schools and most other schools in the Deep South that have Div. 1 FBS teams are not in large cities, with the exception of LSU. The schools that are in large urban areas (pop. over 200,000) generally seem to be non-producing in terms of football success. Whereas GT in the heart of Atlanta holds a clear winning record over ACC opponents, Independents, the old SWC and the G5 conferences, and also holds razor thin winning records over the SEC and Big 12.

Miami
Texas

Depends on what qualifies as the south

Is Georgia Tech the most successful inner city football program in the South?
yes

Neither of those schools are in The South, although Texas's situation is way more comparable than Miami

As far as stadiums go, Cal's is pretty comfy. Minus the whole being built right on top of one of the major fault lines of the North American/Pacific plate boundary.

Then its a stupid question.
Large southern cities don't have large state school conducive good college football programs.

Lol

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17612713/indiana-hoosiers-rb-kiante-enis-charged-two-counts-child-molestation

>freshman
he looks 35

I disagree with a lot of these cities being in the South, but why the hell is Washington DC here?
And Baltimore, Louisville, and Lexington?

All former slave states, I guess.

cfb southern states map for reference

>Minnesota is in the south
What did he mean by this?

Why not vote for a true defender for the Heisman than some meme two way return yards babby?

Texas is at least part Southern, but its definitely not part of the Deep South. And south Florida is most definitely not part of the culturally defined Deep South. I'm no Florida native, but I would assume Florida leaves the Southern culture behind somewhere around the north or middle of the peninsula, or Tampa/Orlando at the very extreme point.

So no neither UT or Miami meets the criteria of the original post. The map in pic related is mostly representative of the Deep South, however I believe Tennessee meets the criteria much more than Arkansas.

The South is actually a pretty big place, because in its broadest definition it covers an area from Maryland & Virginia all the way to west Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Within this broad definition, there are several sub areas like the Upper South, the Old South, the Deep South, and the Southwest.

The problem is that most of what is considered "the North" in modern times is actually historically the Midwest. Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, etc.

>Implying Broward rednecks don't exist
>Implying Everglades swamp people are culturally northern
KYS Miamicuck

Never said there aren't swamp folks or rednecks in south Florida, but you cannot deny the fact that the dominant culture in the southern part of the state is very different from the Panhandle and other parts of the Deep South. Coastlines and major urban centers change up the dynamics once you go far enough south.

Troy was a rough loss, full of early staggering by the offense and lots of questionable calls/penalties by 100% completely neutral Sun Belt officiating crew. But i'm believing for a recovery against UTEP and an eventual win in the conference championship. If Houston goes bye-bye, Southern Miss might get the bump up to the AAC. More exposure, more old rivalries, more TV money.

Ellis Johnson singlehandedly set back your program by about ten years.

>All of these highlights are of Renfrow
;_;

Power 5 cities/towns

SEC
1,830,345 - Nashville, TN
852,715 - Knoxville, TN
830,480 - Baton Rouge, LA
810,068 - Columbia, SC
513,559 - Fayetteville, AR
500,535 - Lexington, KY
277,163 - Gainesville, FL
249,156 - College Station, TX
239,908 - Tuscaloosa, AL
203,189 - Athens, GA
174,974 - Columbia, MO
156,993 - Auburn, AL
47,671 - Starkville, MS
40,865 - Oxford, MS

ACC
1,278,413 - Louisville
1,273,568 - Duke/UNC/NC State
752,157 - Wake Forest
660,458 - Syracuse, NY
377,924 - Tallahassee, FL
229,514 - Charlottesville, VA
181,747 - Blacksburg, VA
49,000 - Clemson, SC
(in big metro areas: Boston College, Miami, Pitt, GT)

Big Ten
641,385 - Madison, Wisconsin
472,276 - East Lansing, MI
358,880 - Ann Arbor, MI
323,578 - Lincoln, NE
[320,098 - South Bend, IN]
238,984 - Champaign-Urbana, IL
214,363 - West Lafayette, IN
166,498 - Iowa City, IA
165,577 - Bloomington, IN
160,580 - State College, PA
(in big metro areas: Ohio State, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern)

Big XII
311,154 - Lubbock, TX
262,813 - Waco, TX
138,176 - Morgantown, WV
118,053 - Lawrence, KS
96,021 - Ames, IA
98,545 - Manhattan, KS
45,688 - Stillwater, OK
(in big metro areas: Oklahoma, TCU, Texas)

Pac 12
1,170,266 - Salt Lake City, UT
1,010,025 - Tucson, AZ
362,895 - Eugene, OR
319,372 - Boulder, CO
87,572 - Corvallis, OR
32,816 - Pullman, WA
(in big metro areas: Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, Washington, Arizona State

>ywn watch a game at tightwad hill
:/

And that was 4 years ago. Todd Monken had his two rebuilding seasons, went 9-5 with trips to the C-USA Championship and to a bowl game against a Pac-12 team. (despite losses in both) With regard to Ellis Johnson, too many USM fans blame him for all of our problems. Sure a 0-12 season is horrible, but the problem goes deeper than that.

USM has to re-establish dominance in our region in recruiting and on the field. We're the original Boise, the original TCU, the original giant killer. A lot of people have forgotten that, especially with the rise of numerous low-tier FBS programs in Alabama and Louisiana. A few good seasons and big wins (like over Kentucky) will remind people.

We also have to get out of this shithole conference. Because of USM's "media market" size we were left out of the last round of conference realignments, and when C-USA grabbed replacements for the teams that the AAC had stolen, they picked teams and schools from several major media markets. It didn't help C-USA one bit. Now we've got legitimate historically dominant football programs like Southern Miss and Marshall sharing a conference with FIU and Charlotte.

Lastly, we have to get serious, as a fanbase and as a athletic department, about Southern Miss football. The old AD in Jeff Bower and Larry Fedora's time, a cocksucker by the name of Richard Gianini, allowed USM to sit in the dust in the mid-2000s while Cincy, Louisville, and South Florida were picked up by the Big East. Worse yet, in 2011 when Southern Miss had a chance to play Penn State in the Sugar Bowl, he instead chose to send them to a nothing bowl against a nothing team in Hawaii. To "reward" the players for their successful season. That's bush league decision making. The new AD is making strides to get USM out of Conference USA however, which is what we desperately need.

>47,671 - Starkville, MS
>40,865 - Oxford, MS

These figures are horribly inaccurate. Both Starkville and Oxford are both under 26,000 people, and Oxford barely tops 20,000. Where'd you get these figures?

Did you even read the post?

That's the entire argument. He's account for so many negative yardage plays it's insane. He has to get TDs on offense and S/T just because that's how the Heisman works.

Used the MSA the census uses to keep them uniform. For those two MS towns they use the county population which for them probably makes as much sense as using suburbs when counting a city's population. Only one i had a hard time figuring out was Clemson so i just put down an educated guess
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

FUCK YOU FLORIDA

FUCK YOU, SHIT FLYOVER FUCK

Well congrats for trying to be consistent, but the inflated numbers don't help. Oxford and Starkville aren't really "urban" towns. 95% of the development in Starkville is along one major highway that passes by the university.

GEORGIA TECH BTFO

>mfw I live in Charlotte and I'm watching this game and listening to police scanners to make sure I'm not about to get robbed at home

How long until he gets fired, hired at USC, and fulfills his destiny of getting them the death penalty and putting me out of my misery?

>turn on GT v Clemson
>Clemson already scored
IT'S TIME FOR THE COLLAPSE BABY MY BODY IS READ

>tfw had a rough day
>forgot about /cfb/
>GT vs Clemson is on
not gonna lie, hella comfy

The point was just to see how the Power 5 cities and towns compared to each other in size. Who cares if the MS towns are off by 20K? It doesn't change anything regarding the big picture

Paul Johnson is mean enough to give you a lead before he breaks your knees and your spirit.

You were saying??????????

You don't understand. In Mississippi 20K changes everything. We only have 3 million people in our whole state.

>while Midwestern schools do not
I'm going to guess you didn't go to Michigan.

I think the city of Clemson is 13,000
It's all sticks outside Clemson, Central, and Pendleton so I'd say 20,000

>Thomas in charge of throwing the ball

red pill me on Paul Johnson lads

He was great at Georgia Southern and alright at GT.

Does Cred Forums have a discord for nfl/cfb

>having a discord for a anonymous image board
>splitting up the lads
y tho

They're basically two different sports
Also, is there only one soccer thread?

Clemson has 23K students (not including staff) yet Clemson the town has a population of 13,905. My guess is they don't include students in the population as the students are only their temporarily for 2 semesters a year
Imagine it's the same with the two MS towns, that they didn't include the students

NFL general has one, it's in the threads OP.

GT has such a porus defense

WHAT THE FUCK

FUCK

>Clemshit "kicking"

>HAVE ONE JOB ON THE TEAM
>FAIL AT THAT JOB
I dunno who the clemson kicker is but way to go buddy

commentator curse strikes again

FUCK ME

>tfw College Football in 2015

How much pussy did Hunter Renfrow get after torching Alabama's secondary?

Wreck em

Which team are you rooting for to lose?

Does Georgia Tech have an offensive line?

GT is getting annihilated right now

no they were actually going around campus this afternoon asking any guy who looked above 200lbs how fast he could run

Was that Clipboard Jesus?

the ranked team so it helps the Dawgs of course

we'll get those atlanta faggots ourselves

Has the ball even been in Clemson's territory yet?

What happened to Scott?
McCloud's getting all of his plays

This is embarrassing, this needs to be mercy ruled. SC State put up a better fight.

Someone do a good quality job starting a new thread. It won't let me

Touchback on the opening kickoff

It was 28-0 by this point but I get what you're saying

NEW THREAD:

looking forward to tech fans disappearing until november

>Queen of Sec

fall equinox was yesterday