I miss the old Manchester City

I miss the old Manchester City

The old Man City, who for some reason or another had half the fans the current one has.

really makes you think.

agreed

I miss the GOATer

I like their 90s kits that had a brighter color of blue.

going from left to right

who who santa cruz? that irish guy, banes, david, who who who who who

Danny tiatto

that's samaras, not santa cruz

Trevor Sinclair, Sun Ji Hi, ???, Richard Dunne, Barton, David James, Micah Richards, ???, Darius Vassell, ???, ???

Oh right, third is Samaras. Forgot he played at City

Emile Mpenza after Micah Richards too

I miss their old logo, looked much cooler. Current one is baby tier.

Straight from the go Manchester City

all niggers

why would you miss them?

A handful of great fans is better than a shitload of wankstains

but the current one is the old logo

>literally calls longstanding supporters of 'his' club wankstains

>be lifelong supporter of old, established club
>foreign rich people buy it and turn it into soulless meme player frankenstein
>bunch of clueless new 'fans'
>your club will never be the same
I feel for you.

>i miss when we were relegation tier
>m-muh passion

You'd never experience AGUERROOOOO without Arab money, m9

>Doesn't even know Sun Ji Hai, Samaras & Barton
Underage pls go away.

I feel fucking rotten that the Man City I grew up with isn't the Man City I know today.

My dad took me to Maine Road as a child and we stood together in the Kippax when it was still all-standing, The atmosphere was always electric.Kids at primary school used to rip the shit out of me because United (the popular Manc team) were unstoppable with Cantona, Hughes, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Schemichael etc) and City were the poor excuse for a team. But I was a proud City fan. My dad supports City so I support City. Laugh at me all you want but I've chose this team and will stick with them 'til I die.

Times changed and the Kippax went all-seater but even when we went to the third tier, we still pulled in the best part of 30,000 for every home game. I went to Wembley when we beat Gillingham in one of the most insane matches I've ever seen and even though it was a fucking awful squad, those players gave their all that day and dancing around to Status Quo's "Rocking All Over The World" with all the other City fans who made the journey to watch us scrape out into the second tier was something very few could understand.

Seasons went by and we went through Royle, Keegan and Eriksson - with world player of the year (a decade earlier), George Weah, way past it midfield supremo Steve McManaman and crocked to shit goal machine Robbie Fowler passing through. Not to mention our legendary goalkeepers in Seaman and Schmeichel. We even had genuine talents accidentally pop in like Benarbia and Elano as well as Van Buyten who actually told the fans on arrival that he was looking for a bigger club.

We even ducked out of the Premiership for a season just so we could smash the Championship for teh lulz.

Typical City we called ourselves.

Typical City they called us.

But they respected us. They didn't have to like us and in truth, we didn't need them to. We didn't care. We weren't callous like Millwall or Chelsea fans, we were just the boys in Manchester who didn't support United.

Though we were a minority in our home city, the city we grew up in, we revelled in the fact that United had more fans in London than in Manchester. That United was more a BSKYB/McDonalds-esque franchise than a real football club. We took pride in supporting a team that was truly, deeply and sentimentally Mancunian.

Then it changed and the Arabs came in. The club changed almost immediately. Eastlands became saturated by people who didn't know any of the songs. Robinho was strutting around behaving as though that sole free kick on his debut against Chelsea gave him the right to be a fucking slug for the rest of the season. I gave up my season ticket that May after we lost 1-0 to Everton.

Man City used to have fans that innovated shit like bringing inflatable bananas to the game as a tribute to the literally who that was Imre Varadi. But the very next season after I left, "we" *adopted* the *Poznan* (something that dozens of clubs had been doing on the continent for decades).

I wasn't there when Agueroooooooooooo happened. I was in a bar in Eastern Europe but I went fucking mental. Like literally running around the place with my shirt off screaming, flipping chairs and tables, shaking absolute strangers, falling flat on my face and bawling my eyes out. All while completely and utterly stone cold sober. Though I had reservations about what was happening to my club, this wasn't about that. This was my final blast of feeling like a child because the Man City I loved more than life itself as a child winning THE title was something I would have literally given my life for.

A year later, when City beat Bayern Munich away in the Champions League, I though that was pretty incredible but the last remnants of my City fan innocence died when there were so many "fans" complaining on how we should have topped the group. Given the fortunes and history of the club, it is miraculous that we were even in the Champions League to begin with, let alone escaping the group but that's what happens when bangwagoners become the vocal majority.

"We" won the title that season but it meant shit all to me.

In the autumn this year, I was dragged to the West Ham home game . The Etihad™ Arena was half empty and many in attendance were middle class day trippers, tourists and garden variety glory hunters. When I was following chants from the sparsely populated "North Stand", I was the only one singing in the entire block and could actually hear people muttering "Isn't he annoying?"
If asked would I rather the Arabs packed up and City got relegated, my answer would be an Unequivocal yes. At this point, I genuinely don't have a football team to support and I have no other options because the only team I can support is the one I promised myself to the moment my Dad taught me to talk. Until the Arabs and the hordes of bandwagonners and glory hunters fuck off, that team doesn't exist.

Anyways bandwagoners, rant over.

Here's your fucking eternal thread for the day.

I hope you enjoy it as much as you've enjoyed taking everything that ever fucking meant anything to me as far as my childhood passion is concerned.

You fucking gutless, fickle, disloyal, charlatan piles of fucking shit.

Good read. Thanks bro.

someone post this to reddit and screencap replies

Samaras
Kiki (Chris) Musampa
Stephen Jordan
Alberto Riera

Casuals need not apply. CTID.

Fuck that Dutch cunt

How many more times will they need to double their fanbase size to finally be able to sell out their stadium?

They don't. In the old days, Man City got huge crowds, they actually held the record for biggest home attendance by any English club up until a few years ago.

That's a Pearce era side

They were worse to watch than Pulis teams

shouldn't it be 'wanksteins'

>>>/reddit/

Absolute lad, was about to post this. Got myself a Richards 2 England shirt as soon he got a cap, fucking buzzing a City player was playing for England

Although I dont mind the Dutch guy so much, reminds me of a kid I used to know with ADHD

Guarantee the dutch bandwagoner couldn't name more than 3 of those players without google

His dad owns a chippy
Sun jihai
His dad owns a chippy
Sun jihai
His dad owns a chippy
His dad owns a chippy
His dad owns a chippy
Sun jihai

This. Stop being pussies. Football is money.

I don't, this new city is like ten times more enjoyable to watch than last year.

Btw lads, Kompany is playing right now, feels good man

At least get the lyrics right, cumbubble.

I miss the old City, straight from the Go City
bottom of the table City, scoring no goals City
I hate the new City, the bad mood City
The always rude City, the beating United at Old Trafford City

>Still have a ThomasCook City Jersey
It's a pretty comfy Jersey.

anyone watching Swansea - Man City? No point in making a match thread if there's barely people for a league match I guess

Willy's been dreadful so far, shockingly bad.
Swansea is owning the midfield.
Kompany doing pretty well.
Pep gonna have to change something at half-time imo

>What about the City of the 30's - 60's

at that time they was the most popular team in Manchester and had one of the biggest following for a team in England.

A lot of people supported both Manchester team with city edging the fan base quite a bit.

If was after Munich it switched with people wanting to show there support for the disaster.
Munich did more for United then what there marketing department did in the 90's.

after that city just faded away