The mayor of london is, unironically, named Sadiq Khan

>the mayor of london is, unironically, named Sadiq Khan

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_the_Netherlands
nytimes.com/2013/09/05/sports/baseball/building-it-amid-grumbles-and-hoping-fans-come.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 first comment is ' why do they need gloves?' or 'rounders is a girl's school game'

It was funny hearing everyone call The Fan the next day to cey about an "arab" "islamist" throwing the first pitch

This will be awesome. I remember the MLB season openers at SCG a few years back. Those were sold out and were a great occasion.

I don't think it's a good idea. Nobody in Europe cares about baseball, the best place to plan overseas game would be somewhere like Mexico, South Korea, or Taiwan, where there's some interest but it isn't the #1 sport.

It just bothers me because there actually is some kind of baseball being played in continental Europe and there are ballparks like Armin-Wolf-Arena and Stadio Steno Borghese and Pim Mulier Stadion but they instead decide to try to shoehorn baseball into a British soccer stadium.

*to play an

>Mexico
>overseas
also, it's been done there multiple times in both exhibitions and regular season games IIRC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_the_Netherlands

It's part of his personal jihad to destroy the last remnants of British culture in London

I'm a Mets fan, hope they don't do this, starting your season overseas totally fucks with the teams rhythm and schedule, when they opened in Japan in 2000, they looked very lethargic once they got back and it resulted in a slow start. Especially if they have to go there a week early and play meme exhibitions vs. Yuropoor teams or something. If they just fly into London a day or 2 before, play 1 game, then leave it's not too bad since the flight time isn't that much longer than going to LA.

I think it's the biggest in Taiwan.

And I think it's a pretty solid 2nd in korea. Not like Europoor countries where 2nd isn't even close to divegrass. Might be gaining some traction with all the gooks who have made it to MLB recently, I think holding MLB games there would be great, give it another push. They're also hosting a group in the WBC for the first time next March.

they won the pennant in 2000 though

>mayor of london
>sadiq khan

>London didn't have a mayor until 2000
>London didn't democratically elect a mayor until 2016

Sadiq Khan is basically an athiest though, he probably would have changed his name if it wasn't for all the muslim votes he gets with it, he even got sworn into office at a christian church.

I know Cred Forums is is super spergy and edgy but he's not that bad really, he's done some cool stuff already like the bus hopper fare where once you pay for a bus journey you can change bus as many times as you want within an hour without being charged more.

>Olympic stadium
>British soccer stadium
Someone here hasn't been following West Ham this season

Baseball is the national sport in Taiwan. It's still pretty big, but it suffered immensely over the past decade due to cheating scandals.

Young people there now just watch the NBA and play basketball. Baseball is still probably their biggest pro-league sport.

I'd shoot for China, but I don't know if baseball really appeals to the modern Chinese brain. There's not enough showboating to attract youngsters.

That bus transfer really wasn't a thing before?
I thought it was a thing everywhere

These fucking asians need to realize they'll never be good at basketball. Anyone can be good at baseball, it's almost purely a skill sport. None of that size shit, or even endurance shit needed in divegrass

This, he's hardly Islamic. He's done a pretty good job desu, London was great while a stayed there.

I've read a lot of quotes. He is working against Britain whether he is a hardcore muslim or not, changing.
People who vote for free stuff or small changes to bus rates at the expense of the future and cohesion are retarded. Not that the mayor has any say on immigration, but he's made it clear where his allegiances are

If it's only for one odd game, it wouldn't be a problem. The US expacts and all of what Yurop has as baseball fans would gather for that one event.

If they try to play shitloads of games, on the other hand, it will obviously fail.

He's only the mayor though, it's not like he has a lot of power all he really has control over is transport and social housing schemes, most of his job is going to other cities and attracting business and trade. I doubt he'll ever become PM because the Labour party are basically finished.

Yeah when I was there I went to a game. I'd say the average height of their university basketball players is around 6'. I think the average young Asian is actually getting pretty tall, but it's still nothing like the genetic monsters you see making NBA teams.

What's he doing in America? Literally 99% of Americans know or care who he is.

The Indians draw like 10k fans per game, which fills about a quarter of Progressive Field. Unless your team is really good, there are usually a fair amount of empty seats. It's hard to fill a 40k capacity stadium 80+ days a year.

I acknowledged that, My original post was more about the embarassment of England's capital having a Pakistani mayor. I hate what Canada has become in the last 30 years but having Grandparents from London I find this quite sad as well.

Even now that they're good again? I remember they set some sort of attendance record back in the 90s.

Before there was only a daily cap at around £6, we have a system called the 'oyster card' where you just top the card up with money and scan it when you get on a bus or train.

I'd heard the fans were basically abscent before September or so this year, despite the fact that they'e been in first place the entire year. Indians fans just don't turn out for whatever reason. Maybe they hate ownership.

Yes well the people of London are tired of austerity whilst foreign billionaires come in and buy up all the vacant property to rent at extortionate prices which is all backed by the conservative government. Sadiq's campaign was all about being on the side of the working class and sticking up for people who live in London.

There is no best place to plan overseas games. It makes a mockery of the sport.

Play as many overseas pre season friendlies and tournaments you want but regular season games should never be whored out like that.

I despise the London NFL games.

If the Premier League start shopping games to the US then giving up on sport altogether.

I despise the London NFL games

>tfw I'd be a manlet even in Asia

Ive heard that worst Korean youth are as actually taller on average than americans, which isn't that hard I guess since Americans aren't very tall

You fail to understand the entire premise of professional sports
And the basic idea of sports themselves

>I despise the London NFL games

Do you like NFL in general?

They played cricket games in the US so I guess it's not a horrible idea

Although the Netherlands apparently wanted a game a lot more
nytimes.com/2013/09/05/sports/baseball/building-it-amid-grumbles-and-hoping-fans-come.html?_r=0

when you're an Asian playing against Asians, of course you can be good and, more importantly, have fun

I was very excited about that back in the day but I haven't been able to find any recent news about it. Did they not finish the project? Why?