Is NFL dying?

google.ca/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/brandonkatz/2016/09/20/nfls-monday-night-football-continues-to-fall-in-ratings/amp/?client=ms-android-rogers-ca

I read yesterday that soccer is now America's most watched sport.

Sad!

>late game on a work night
>boring match up
no, the nfl is not dying but it's good to be reminded of how desperate the detractors are. a sign of great success and longevity, that is.

mnf without Mike sucks huge fuck

used to be my favorite

As a long time fan, the product has gotten progressively shittier due to restrictions on practice and god awful officiating. Also, the promotion and packaging is literally the hokiest bullshit you'll ever see. I'm embarrassed to enjoy the same thing as the average football fan, they are retarded man-children. I rate them below wrestling fans.

Based soccer

>liking Mike Tirico

Get the fuck out. Now.

>schedule all the shit games for Monday night
>be surprised when you get shit results

If I have to watch the Bears shit the bed one more time on MNF I'm killing myself

This NFL isn't dying it's just Monday night is a terrible night and the games are long as fuck.

Not even close

Take your fedora with you. Tirico sucks, gruden is a faggot and McDonough terrible. MNF hasn't had good announcing Since Al Michaels.

This
Either the NFL needs to throw ESPN a bone or just it all together
The NFL cares more about Thursday than Monday night now
Which also competes against another ESPN property

Monday night always seems to get shitty matchups. I'm not going to stay up until midnight on a work night to watch two shitty highschool teams bumble from endzone to endzone.

No, TV is. More people are streaming illegally and not purchasing cable.

Stop posting this bullshit. MNF is fucking terrible. The matchup was bad, Tirico is gone, the new guy Sean McDonough is a boring, no personality cunt waste.

NFL is only growing, this one night, on a channel everyone hates is failing.

why

Tirico is solid

This. It feels like MNF is always involves one of the shitty NFC East teams or Chicago because of muh big markets, but the games suck.

Youth football participation numbers have plummeted over the last decade. That's a much bigger indicator of the league's future, (as opposed to MNF tv ratings).

Good evening, football fans! You're reading this in my voice and I'm a huge Uncle Tom!

Actually, most of that is do to specialization

>two games instead of one
>no al michaels & john madden
>not on national TV

gee bill i dont know why ratings are low

No, not dying. Millions of families are cutting their satellite/cable subs. MNF is on ESPN, a cable channel.

Paying 100$ a month for tv is bullshit, people are finally realizing that.

I love you uncle Tirico, but I hate niggers.

does charlotte, north carolina have a nfl team?

if yes, how many protests and chimpouts will there be at their next game?

>late game on a work night

So just like every other MNF

not all of them have matchups that are worth losing sleep over.

Stats don't lie.

Carolina Panthers.

Their starting QB is black, he has stood up, and refuses to protest the anthem.

A very misleading statistic

And I love him very much.
The guy that was killed in Charlotte had a gun, refused to put it down, and was shot by a black cop.

same

>ESPN hosts MNF
>ESPN is cable/satellite
>less people are buying cable/satellite and opt to stream online instead
>TV viewership lowers because of this
>IS THE NFL DYING?????

Settle down

>can't accept that Americans don't watch American football anymore

Sad!

This game with "shit" ratings has 12x the viewers of the most watched EPL game

He's 1/10-tier baiting you, Jimbo.

Me and my wife's son have decided to stop watching the NFL. It's far too violent. We've started watching soccer instead.

I know
But sentiment like this does exist

>mfw some genius thought that putting the most popular American sport on ESPN and bombarding it with SJW / liberal propaganda was a good idea

Make Football Great Again

>he's just making up random stats to make himself feel better about the unstoppable decline of American football

Sad!

Pic related, soccer is now America's most watched sport.

>spoiled sheltered white teenage girl wearing a make america great again hat

conservicucks are truly degenerate

mad that the eagles are 2-0 and literally better than your shitter teams with a literal 3rd stringer calling shit out like Peyton Manning. Get fucked losers and go dig some dirt in the flyover pos that you call a town

>yfw most rich white people hate trump
>yfw majority of trump supporters are poor
>yfw the prettiest white women support trump

>liking generic tier girls with shit opinions
to each his own lad, if you take them they'll be further away from me

>android rodgers

Also I guarantee tonight's rating will be really really really good

There are only 2-3 teams each year that have a legitimate chance of competing against the Patriots so everyone is really pissed off and starting to lose interest.

>2016
>Thinking a multibillion dollar business that keeps the goyim dumb and numb is dying.

>that pic
>anything to do with American football viewership

Don't you have a war to lose you massive faggot

You can't make fun of flyover states. No one from a real city gives a fuck about Philadelphia. Quit acting like you're one of us.

Oh, what you don't like white women Tyrone? I thought niggers hated their female kind?

why are there no games on friday or saturday night? Would be comfy as fuck

t. pasty white boi who doesn't socialize enough :^)

>Patriots cheat
>win soup bowl
>NFL decides to add 40 more minutes of ads during games
>Refs don't know what a catch is
>can't look in the direction of the QB without a 15 yard penalty

Glad its slowly dying, that way Baseball, college football and Basketball can take back over as best sports.

lol no
literally all the supermodels and actresses are supporting hillary and shit on trump on instagram every day

sheeeit did I hit a nerve Marquis?

>700million viewers
>population of earth: 7 million
what did he mean by this?

>caring about the opinions of rich Jewish mouthpieces and rapeslaves, talking down to you from their ivory towers
I'll take my down-to-earth MAGA cutie over some anorexic fucktoy anyday

Mate, it's okay to hate on American football if you want, but you're living out quite the toothy dream if you bongs think Americans give any sort of fuck about soccer. The people who like it here just do it to be different. And they are by no means a significant population of the sports fans here in the US.

Friday night is ratings hell for american TV. Saturday Night is college football time. NFL only has saturday night games after CFB regular season ends (late November).

Philadelphia is basically extended suburbs of NYC 2bh

any distinction is not much more than a point in endless suburban NJ where the accents change (somewhere around Trenton)

>being so autistic you have a fetish for women who want their shit opinions to be public knowledge

nah NYC and NJ are contained to their own shitfest area

Your left is looking a little intolerant there friend. Better not let your overlords find out that you've been posting ableist hate-speech on the internet.

MNF has been thoroughly cucked by SNF and the NFL Network. Plus ESPN sucks complete cock so it no surprise really.

Maybe this monday night was bad because ot was a shit team and a decent team.
Honestly not nearly as many people care about Eagles V Bears as much as they would tonights game.
And already the thursday night games have been excellent.
The Jets Buffalo game was the best game last week.

My wife's stepson isn't a huge American football fan, so I honestly haven't been watching as much lately.

>being such a faggot loving homosexual that you hate women that have proper logic and knowledge.

But I thought niglets loved football?

>wanting meme plays and blowouts every week to become big while championships are determined by committee

College football is garbage

the sport isn't dying. MNF is dying. People are cutting their cable subscriptions and watching games in bars.

ESPN needs to find new ways to be relevant to a changing audience.

>watching games in bars.
or on streams

NFL ratings are dropping

>it must be because it's too late
>or because the match-up isn't that good
>maybe less people have cable?
>what about the commentators, I liked the previous one more

OK then tell me.
As I understand you Americans hype the NFL season very much. You wanted it so bad all summer long. Now you don't watch the fukken second game of the season.
iirc the primary income of the NFL is TV, and because of this, ratings are highly important

Pls explain

So your wife still watches? Does she celebrate with the team after games?

Ratings are down across the board on everything here except NBA. People are assuming either Cord Cutters, or it being an Election year.

"OK, men, who deflated this dame ball? Raise your hand right now or, I swear, there will be no Nutella on the fucking training table for a week."

The sport isn't dying, my FF team is killing people.

The child is clearly adopted. You realize that adopted families are statistically the most functional right?

>be a Colts fan
>Every player is injured
If Basketball injuries were so frequent that most of the stars didn't play and you were left watching bench players ratings would dip. Football injuries have become too frequent. Something has to change.

Some NFL team's strength and conditioning trainers are fucking jokes. Go look at the Chargers recent injury history.

That's a goblin in the back my friend

#GoblinLivesMatter

How do they count online ratings for football? Sling TV is a streaming service and offers ESPN in one of its packages.

It's deflating

Maybe in America but not being watched by actual Americans.

lel your parents didn't want u

autism

It seems like sports in general are dying. Kids these days would rather play computer games than play or watch sports.

his own chart proves him wrong, look at how the cricket world cup has more viewers than the super bowl. those views are obviously not coming from america, as any american who owns a television could tell you, cricket is not televised here.

Thank fuck. I hope boreball joins in dying next to it.

the NFL isn't dying, TV is just dying, also that is MNF
also half of the fanbase refuses to watch until the players kneeing stop being faggots

soccer is still not popular what so ever

No. It's growing as a Olympic sport

>soccer is still not popular whatsoever

You're a moron, it's already passed basketball and hockey

this

and I don't blame them for playing e-sport fighting games as a hobby.

Why are you even here?

niggerjumping

Holy shit you cant possibly believe that. It is so far from the truth I am livid. I just got triggered.

Mike Tirico claims he's full blooded Italian and doesn't know why his father walked out on him and his mother after he was born

It's actually because playing handegg is bad for your brain.

>Forced women
>muh minority stories
I wonder why

>Someone actually saved the image I made

Can't say I expected this.

Between all the rule changes, fucking flags for doing a little dance after a play, pushing liberal agenda bullshit every fucking broadcast, I can see why the ratings are sagging. I hope they continue to drop till Goodell is fired.

kek, i've seen it several times.

>The child is clearly adopted
child is clearly a nigger, though. nigger families are statistically the most fucked up

Don't worry Trump will be putting the liberal hipster ironic soccer lovers in the ovens soon enough.

kids don't usually have a nielsen box, though.

i wonder what the trend is for college football. personally, i don't watch NFL, but I love college. it's just way more exciting
>NFL = old men afraid to get hurt, just cashing their check
>NCAA = young athletes in their prime, doing all they can to get drafted

also, there are tons of college football teams, and you're statically going to be way closer to a team (and subsequently more interested)

i think there's a general shift away from shitty cable too. i watch netflix, sling tv, first row sports, etc. - but I have never purchased cable my entire life (29; had it included with rent in college, but never chosen to have it)

>soon

Cable television will die LONG LONG before the NFL

>NFL will cease to exist before the lions win/appear in a superb owl or even win another playoff game

This year is already a waste

OK i'll just say it because apparently if you aren't on Cred Forums your board is literally Read It but its the Kaepernick thing all right? Theres your answer you happy now? Nobody likes the stupid Googles and their passive aggressive protesting, White America is saying fuck this shit we can still watch Baseball, Sombrero America still has Soccer to watch, there is enough out there where people don't need to watch games they are not personally invested in.

Last week I just watched my Seahawks pathetic display and had one the most boring days of my life. Also that turned me off big time but that was my only NFL game. Because I don't care and protesting Kaepernick isn't much hide off my ass.

College Football is a pure game. Its just as putrid as the NFL because Alabama or Clone of Alabama (FSU, LSU, HeeeHaww 2.0 et. al.) is always going to win but at least I can watch and enjoy multiple games, I watch my alma mater and Oregon games along with any huge matchups. Life is good. They are actually entertaining me and I can use them to escape my shitty life rather than face racism and police shootings.

That is my excuse, I just really hate the NFL and don't fucking care about Patriots System: SEGA Edition vs. Colecovision or the Chip Kelly free Iggles vs. Future Brain Damaged Wife Murderers. Just fuck off NFL.

The NFL hates e$pn so they always give them the shittiest game of the week for "primetime". Hopefully they get the hint and fuck off forever when their contract expires providing e$pn even exists by then

How was last night's rating? Good, bad? I can't find anything

Won't be up for another day probably

lets examine the reasons I don't watch anymore.
1. thrown games due to blatant referee pay offs.
2. loads of bad sportsmanship, also tired of watching snobs who take shits on the flag that made them all they are.
3. there just big kids not professionals.
4. no one gets faired , like why is cap still on the field he should have been faired or benched 2 years ago.
5. this is an entertainment corporation, I'm not entertained by players disrespecting me and my flag.
6. lastly go die in a slow fire cap.