Would cricket players be good at baseball and vice versa?

Would cricket players be good at baseball and vice versa?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYMhT_wgBwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

probly, mate

no, they are completely different games.

baseball players would theoretically dominate all aspects of cricket

in cricket players are allowed to shit on the field

this

Batting wise they could both probably adapt to each others styles of batting as the ability to react to a small object, judge its trajectory and time your swing would be relevant for both, it would just take some practice.

Bowling/pitching wouldn't be similar at all.

Fielding is easy for both sports.

i don't know about cricket but fielding is not easy in baseball. that's why a lot of people don't consider designated hitters to be real baseball players.

Really catching a ball with an oversized glove on and then throwing it to the relevant base isn't easy?

In theory cricket is harder as there is no glove (apart from wicket keeper) and you spend a longer time out in the field waiting for something to come your way so the need for an ability to stay alert and concentrated is greater.

youtube.com/watch?v=vYMhT_wgBwE

yeah really, that's why the best people at it get paid so handsomely. they have a scarce talent.

Neither are real sports anyway so why bother talking about them.

Any DH could play 1B except maybe Ortiz desu

These sport science videos are always so retarded, they get a really good player for the American sport and then some dogshit player for the other.

Of course hitting the ball is a lot easier in Cricket but there's so much more to think about as you are in the middle of a circular field, there's no foul balls or anything and once you're out, you're out for good. In Baseball you are essentially swinging for the heavens and hoping it doesn't get caught.

No they couldn't
The motion is different
The bat is different
The way the ball is thrown at them is different

not everyone has the reflexes to play infield or the speed to play outfield. and you need a really, really strong arm to be able to throw people out in time. professionals make it look easy, because they're professionals. having a glove is necessary because sometimes infielders have to catch a line drive and it can seriously damage your hand if you don't have a glove. outfielders could probably do without gloves but i guess at this point it's just tradition.

Cricket bowlers can't even pitch, what the fuck

I hope we get this sorted once and for all today.

>sports """"""""science"""""""""
Please don't. They don't even know (or pretend not to know) basic physics.

True that, the baseball guy in that video would have holed out to long on/off on most of his shots

>outfielders could probably do without gloves but i guess at this point it's just tradition.
Without a glove batting averages would be like over .400
The glove gives us diving catches and home run robbing jumps

i know but those kinds of catches are rare compared to the standard fly out. i agree the sport would be less fun to watch without them, though.

I don't think so, the swinging motion is too different. Cricket players would have an especially difficult time trying to make contact, since they're used to much wider bats, and baseball players would probably have trouble getting used to what I'm pretty sure is an underhanded swinging motion.

I don't know much about cricket, so I'm sure there are more differences. You could probably take an elite high school cricket player and teach him to be a decent baseball player, and vice versa, but he wouldn't hack it in MLB.

way more outfield errors too

I play baseball, played cricket when I was younger, swtich when I was about 15.

There's a load of guys on our team who come from cricket backgrounds and it does show, swinging mechanics are different - you see a lot of square cuts, cover drives etc - and there's a lack of plate discipline too. If the ball is outside the plate, they look to try and put it away for four... only to ground out to the first baseman, or get a top edge and pop one up.

Throwing mechanics are slightly different too, slower transfer to the hand. wind up to throw slower. Throwing high rather than flat, and not throwing the ball hard enough. Takes people a little while to understand that you are basically throwing the ball through the man and hoping that he gets his glove in the way first, rather than just throwing it to him.

They tried to convert pooinloo cricket bowlers into baseball pitchers. The only one that was actually good enough to play any real time in the minor leagues here ended up having his arm completely explode with injuries.

Couldn't make players out of them, so instead they made a movie about it, 'Million Dollar Arm'.

Cricket is gay

Cricket uses an overhand motion senpai, IIRC a bowler can't bend their elbow when delivering the ball.

The trick in bowling comes from the spin the ball takes when it bounces off the ground as opposed to a pitch where it's the spin a pitcher is able to impart on the ball.