Bizarre coaches/manager firings

The only one I can think of is Marty Schottenheimer with the Chargers. I remember the NHL was notorious for firing its managers even when they are winning midway through the season. Any other firings of coaches/managers that were fired when they were winning or came off a winning season?

Ancelotti won a ECL with Madrid and was fired, Leonardo Jardim (olympaikos) was commanding the Greek League and was fired due to rumours of him having an affair with the boss's wife

>Fire Schottenheimer
>Hire Norv Turner instead

Most firings of coaches who are good on the surface usually have some underlying reason, though. The reason given for Schottenheimer's firing was more petty and dumb than most, however.

Also see Jim Harbaugh (49ers), Tom Thibodeau (Bulls).

George Karl (Denver Nuggets) was fired after leading the team to 57 wins, the 3rd seed (1 game out of 2nd), and winning Coach of the Year. However, he was fired for losing in the 1st round of the playoffs again after years of early exits, disagreements over the system in place, and wanting a raise and more control.

Hey Jimmy, You just won the Superb Owl for the second time in a row, where are you going?
THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE

Fuck Jerry Jones forever. If Jimmy had stayed around the Cowboys might have been the Patriots of the 90s instead of being "just" a dynasty.

It's not that crazy but Chip Kelly was fired more because of his rampant autism than his win loss record. 10-6 two years in a row and than missing the playoffs by 1 game in his third year really isn't that bad

All I can think of is Ty Willingham at ND because he was black or something? lol I could be wrong but that's what I remember

Why was this dude fired and how hasnt he got another head coaching job?

Lovie Smith was fired after going 10-6 with the Bears.
Also the Bucs firing him was a bit bizarre

>no one mentioning harbaugh being fired 2 years after taking the 49ers and the terrible kapernick to the super bowl

Especially when you consider Jeff Fisher is still employed.

it's because these teams plateau and eventually everyone gets tired of it
see: Mark Richt, Bo Pelini, Les Miles (eventually), John Fox in Denver, etc.

I think sometimes a winning season is not enough

Take the PSG coach recently, they dominated Ligue 1 and the national cups but the ownership has plowed so much money into the team that that is to be expected, he was fired because they didn't do well in CL (though perhaps we are seeing poorer French league performance this year)

Or Bruce Boudreau of the Anaheim Ducks - they won like 3 or 4 division titles in a row but weren't winning the Stanley Cup so he's been fired

Or Don Mattingly on the Dodgers - team is spending a fuckton on the team so division title isn't enough

he got canned because of all his boneheaded personnel moves that still haunt the team to this day

>Winning
>Wife has sex with guy doing the winning
>Fired
Peak cuck

Yup. They got a big what the fuck out of me.

Mike Munchark got fired after a 7-9 season with a team that should've won 4 games maximum. Never understood why the front office had to screw him over. Respect for the man for getting fired instead of firing half of the coaching staff like the front office demanded him to do

I though the Ravens firing OC Cam Cameron in 2012 was weird. They started 9-4 and were coming off a tough overtime road loss to the Redskins in the one year that RG3 was elite. So they are 3 games away from the playoffs and decide to fire the guy. Of course, they ended up hiring Caldwell and winning the Owl but I still thought the timing was odd.

See
Firing Marty was a mistake but firing Harbaugh for muh GM set the 49ers back 5+ years. York is a fucking dumbass.

There was a sex scandal with Marty that resulted in him being fired from a number of jobs.

Marty likes em young but legal and we'll keep it at that.

Also I enjoy the occasional drink at Tanner's bar and grill

Leroy Rosenior of Torquay United was appointed the new manager on the same day the old manager was sacked, and the club was sold to new owners. The new owners decided they'd rather have someone else in charge of their new club, so they sacked Leroy Rosenior and hired a guy they preferred. Leroy Rosenior was manager for only 15 minutes.

Did they have to buy out his salary?

If so good deal for him

The one who got fired wasnt the one who had his wife banged

We thank Jed York every day for that here in Ann Arbor.

Didn't the Avalanche fire their coach like one year after winning the Stanley Cup?

I also remember Joe Girardi getting fired by the Marlins after winning Manager of the Year because their owner hated him.

If Micheal Irvin could actually beat Deion Sanders They would have 4 peated anyway

I wouldn't consider Harbaugh an official firing since he and GM were at odds and decided to bolt back to college before he could do anything.

>No mention of David Blatt
Cred Forums im dissapoint

Bandar (9/11 mastermind) made Jerry fire Jimmy because Jimmy insulted the prince

Pretty sure he just won Manager of the year when he was fired

the 1983 Phillies fired their manager halfway through the season even though they had the best record in baseball at the time and still had the best record at the end of the season with the interim coach.Pretty weird to fire the coach like that though