/mlb/ general - Fernandez #16 Edition

Jose Fernandez died today, early morning Sunday 9/25/16.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.marlins.mlb.com/mia/video/v1175885483/live-marlins-press-conference
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoVDrxXijG4
youtube.com/watch?v=rv8ciqmMFWg
twitter.com/MarcHochman/status/780083414653427713
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwhL3VIXxs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2yQoxnqTI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryS_4ddAuU0
gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/cuba
m.mlb.com/video/v1188120683/collad-scully-tells-touching-story-about-fernandez/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU
youtube.com/watch?v=akpzmcGjP-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We're all marlins fans today

cant wake up

R.I.P

Just think, if it was say, Kershaw who this happened to, what the reaction on here would be?

What was it about Jose Fernandez that makes it so different that even the shitpostiest of boards is gathering in solemn solidarity?

>muh freedom shilling

Press conference streaming live off Mlb.com

m.marlins.mlb.com/mia/video/v1175885483/live-marlins-press-conference

Is that Dee in the center there? Dude looks like he's barely holding back.

Fuck.

Fernandez BTFOs Kershaw

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoVDrxXijG4

Based

the long and winding road

everyone breaking down

F

Why did you feel the need to post this again

Freedom aint free

Fuck off pissboi

>Baseball Reference @baseball_ref 3h3 hours ago

>Best FIP in Live-Ball era by starting pitchers (min. 400 IP)
>Jose Fernandez - 2.43
>Clayton Kershaw - 2.54
>Sandy Koufax - 2.69

>tfw no MiLB gf

Who gives a shit?
The big story is that it's Vin Scully's final game at Dodger Stadium

RIP Jose you young god

Vin was a giants fan growing up, let that sink in pissboi

If Kershaw died everyone would be sad too

He's a generational talent. Fernandez just honestly had that glow and was a likable, lively guy. I know how cliche and gay that sounds but it's actually true

Wonder how Abreu is taking the news

Cuban broship ;_;

>Mattingly breaking down
>Hill breaking down
>Perez just barely holding together on ESPN

Fucking hell this is rough.

It's surreal. I just saw him last night last night on the field celebrating the win. Then waking up and hearing that was just surreal.

Because Fernandez is a good pitcher unlike Kershit.

why even mention kershaw right now?

;__;

Fernandez didn't have some annoying tripfag who was obsessed with him. Also it was impossible to hate the guy, just watching him pitch and his emotions and how much fun he had. Seemed more human than a lot of other players

Somewhat feeling the same from watching the incident with the Braves.
It's like "you're telling me that kid is gone now? That kid who sought out and apologized to the guy he plunked, in a melee?"

Fish, we rag on you a bit in these threads and all that, but we're with you today. This is different from Taveras. No one should have to deal with this.

I don't want anyone to die. I would like Kershaw to suffer a Career ending injury, but I don't want anyone to die

Because being a pitcher and smashing a basehit off the best pitcher in baseball is pretty impressive and I paying respects to Fernandez

Don't let your pride get your butthurt. It's not like Dodgers fans have any respect

Why do people die, Cred Forums?

tfw you cheat and get caught and it sets off a chain of events that results in the tragic death of your friend

it's not fair

>yfw his kid turns out to be a better pitcher than him

>Kershaw actually does charity work in freaking Africa during his offseason
>he's the bad guy
never change /spuh/

Fuck puig's tribute

I'm dying over here

>doing charity in Africa
>ever
So he's more retarded than I thought

he made one? link?

See what happened to him? That is whats gonna happen to anyone that faces the Rangers in the playoffs.

Try to stop us

RIP Fernandez, you did fuck all for my fantasy team, but you were a great player and a great guy.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GO TO MRS. PUFF'S BOATING SCHOOL?

>typical rags classless bum

Dude just shut the fuck up. How is he "the bad guy"?

People just want artists to stop fucking talking about him

I hope you implode first series in the playoffs

Was this fernandez guy popular, and/or good?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the players of this terrible sport.

>create some bullshit charity to funnel your money through and cheat taxes
>go to Africa for a couple days every year just to make it look legit

Yea, what a great guy

legitimately lol'd

... ;-;

Both incredibly popular and incredibly good, only 24 years old and one of the best pitchers in the sport. Universally liked by players and fans for being an absolute bro.

yeah he was elite and seemed like a nice guy

Top 10 pitcher in baseball for sure, some people would rank him higher even

And yeah, he was fun to watch

Young raw talent who came back from an arm surgery

>rags

Gonna be a flood of texass pictures with Fernandez' laughing face on them when they choke harder than they ever have before.

The Twins curse is over, but the Fish curse is officially on and the Rangers are done.

He deserved so much better than our team. He was going to go on to an actual relevant team soon and easily establish himself as one of the GOATs.

Don't give him the (You)s, guys

youtube.com/watch?v=rv8ciqmMFWg

Very happy and bright individual and stood for many American values and was living American Dream

>light beer
>rags fans

jfc what a terrible thing to wake up to
were they drinking?

no drugs or alcohol apparently, just an accident

So the suffering can end.

According to the coast guard, alcohol was not involved as far as they know.

Boat was going near full speed and skid before flipping and landing upside down on a jetty near the shore. Makes it seem like they lost control of the boat somehow.

so I just learned micheal hill is black

twitter.com/MarcHochman/status/780083414653427713

>those tears

literally me

:(

this is true

i'm not even sure I want to be Marlins fan anymore, him and Yellich were only reasons I still liked team

wat do Cred Forums?

fucking hell i thought it was a joke

His kid is female.

I think after the way this season went, he'd stick with you to aim for the Post over the next.
He seemed like he was hungry, but he has love for the team that gave him his chance. Sorry Marlin's bro. My legit condolences.

he was elite and had a lot of media attention for saying that he saved his mom from drowning while escaping cuba, other good guy stories too probably, a very happy and likeable guy

His kid will start for the Padres

She will be gangbanged on episode 2.

I pray for Jose from Japan
rest in calm

YANKEES vs. BLUE JAYS

YANKEES vs. BLUE JAYS

Thanks I'm going to look up some interviews now

Condolences and respect from a Rangers fan. Stay strong Marlin bros

fucking hell

DBacks and O's here

mets-phillies

White Sox @ Indians

Damn, even Keith Hernandez in tears talking about it

cespedes in the mets dugout today

;_;

Who was the last genuine star to die so young? Clemente?

>impossible to hate the guy

Nah, the guy got into fights and shit. He was also a guy that would trash talk on the mound as a way to feel himself.

I didn't dislike the guy, but I can totally see someone hating him before this happened.

Kershaw is the guy that probably would be impossible to hate if not for that autist.

F

Respect, Mets

He was pretty old, he died when he had 3,000 remember

fuck

They just showed Big Papi crying during the moment of silence and apparently he broke down during a phone interview too.

It's a testament to Fernandez how much he was loved by the players and the fans both.

The Braves (>my team) probably fought him more than anyone and I still like him. That's just baseball, it wasn't personal.

Why are euros so fucking childish? Ruining the sticky man

never thought an athlete dying would make me this sad

hard to believe, damn

Yeah I know. I personally liked him, I'm just saying that when you're a fan of another team and you see a guy that animated or gets into fights with your team, it's not impossible for you to get some haters.

That's what divegrass does to your brain apparently.

fuck the sticky is trash

>even Cred Forums has a thread for Jose

FUCKING STAN LEE

I SWEAR TO GOD HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

They could just make their own thread for that guy but apparently they just want to bitch and whine like typical Yuropoors do

Do you post on Cred Forums? Used to be a good board until Cred Forumsfags invaded it hard, was never the same after that.

>that user that would stream ad-hoc toonami shows with original commercial bumps

Damn, RIP Jose. One of the nicest guys in the league which is rare coupled with his elite talent. loved watching him pitch even if I strongly dislike the Marlins as a franchise.

they said I was one of the best pitchers in the game

F

Assassinate Loria, save the Marlins and save baseball

It is funny because the guy got his sticky too, but they still whine.

also

>an old retired man dying of terminal disease is the same as a young star just entering the prime of his career dying unexpectedly in the middle of the season

Wow

Cred Forums is on EVERY board now, but I know what you mean.
Cred Forums still isn't too bad, some tumblr/ Cred Forums resistance. i usually just scan the catalog and post where applicable.
I just find it interesting someone made a thread about Elder Lich Stan Lee sapping the soul of Fernandez.

I got a Jose Fernandez jersey just now

am i autistic Cred Forums?

Make Baseball Great Again

How do we recover

DELETE THIS

It was my home board when I found Cred Forums years ago.
Cred Forums was love... it was love once.
I miss the storytimes.

>tfw I made that thread

it's the only way I know how to cope, especially this year

there's a couple of regular storytimers and Wednesdays are still good but yeah, it's not the same

THAT FUCKING FEEL WHEN IT'S THE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK AND MY PLAYERS ARE

L I T E R A L L Y
I T E R A L L Y L
T E R A L L Y L I
E R A L L Y L I T
R A L L Y L I T E
A L L Y L I T E R
L L Y L I T E R A
L Y L I T E R A L
Y L I T E R A L L
L I T E R A L L Y

DYING

Been lurking for 4+ and god damn, has it changed. And this was all post Korra.
Mostly there for LR Cred Forumsmrades, now.
Kudos on the bread, user. Karma tix.

Fucking kek

Lmao

my wallpaper desu

Is Korra 4 years old now? Jeezus.
>AtLA came on when I was in High School

Driving too fast too close to the shore and hit one of those artificial reefs designed to keep recreational vehicles away from the shipping inlets and are virtually invisible in the middle of the night, looks like. Miami isn't the safest boating environment; far too much traffic and intermingling of cruise liners, recreational boats, and shipping traffic.

Accidents like this are rare, but not altogether unheard of.

>pretty much any early 00's flash will trigger nostalgia bombs now

Gotta walk away from this internet thing, tbqh

Thank you drip drips btw

the worst part of this is that pissboi declared that CYA are more valuable than rings last night and we can't properly ridicule him because you're all crying

Putting aside the obvious emotional, personal loss of Fernandez, what the fuck are the Marlins even going to do now?

Find another amazing Cuban talent and trade him away

probably just nonstop jerk off giancarlo and be stuck at

> Implying Loria didn't have Fernandez murdered because he feared the backlash of trading him

Retire #16. He was that fucking good and important to the Marlins and the community.

You mean 'economy' right?

>My main RTTS character was teammates with Jose Fernandez for three years
>We won the 2020 World Series together

Shit's weird, man. My Franchise mode is in the 2019 season, and he just signed a blockbuster deal with the D-Backs.

Nobody cares

MARINERS @ TWINS

Yeah, in MLB 14 I got to 2033 with Taveras becoming a star. It's weird.

>wake up on my 24th birthday to this shit

I'm literally crying

As a native floridian, I have lost 4 friends in boating accidents. I dunno if there's any way to prevent things like this but there's so many hidden obstacles you can't see that well at dusk. Maybe this will force the govt to step the fuck up and begin putting more lights onto rockwalls and shit.

faggot

happy birthday tho

I'm so sorry Marlinsbros

This. And the area that he hit is a particularly bad one because there's zero lights or warnings. I actually work around there.

Seeing this made me cry. Why'd it have it to be him?

I wanted the Mets to avoid Fernandez when he was pushed back for tomorrow. But not like this. Not like this.

I'm so sorry, Marlins.

Alcohol is usually a factor. People think that because they are in the ocean there's no need to look out for shit. Then you find a sandbar the hard-way.

Fucking Eurofags ruining the sticky. Can we just eliminate divegrass from existence?

According to the press conference it doesn't look like alcohol or drugs were a factor.

Just speed and the fact that it was at night

Bonds + Fernandez bff 4ever

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwhL3VIXxs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2yQoxnqTI

I'm all for it. feel ashamed to be from same continent as those shitheads.

sorry to interrupt your weeping but

>tiggers

In sports?Jerome Brown on the Eagles.I don't know anyone else like that in baseball though

Man I'm a Cubs fan. We don't even play the marlins that often. Maybe faced Fernandez twice a year. But this has me fucked up. I had so much respect for Fernandez. He played the game right.

Bonds, Mattingly, and Eduardo Perez have all said he was like a son to them. And he pretty much was a kid in a candy shop all the time. He exuded nothing but love and good energy throughout the club.

That's one of the worst parts about it. Not only was he a phenomenal pitcher but he was a genuinely good kid who improved the lives of everybody around him.

As a Marlin fan it sucks but as a whole, baseball has been made lesser today.

Fucking streaky Tigers man.

>implying there aren't americucks also shitting it up
>implying americans don't do the exact same thing to yuro stickies

only a fucking redditor could actually be bothered by this tiresome, routine shit

>V-Mart Grand slam

any gifs or webms of players crying? i don't want to feel this feel alone.

>you now realise /wsp/ and /esp/ would make things better for everyone

Fuck yes.

here's puig

>Bunting with the bases loaded and 2 outs

thanks man
I feel like a faggot too

yeah probably. I bantered with yurofags about cruyff not getting sticky plenty before, so I guess I deserve this

But Cruyff didn't deserve a sticky though. One of the most overrated underachievers in the history of the sport.

If Sandoval had a heart attack and died on the field would he get a sticky?

no, satan. only jints fans would be mourning

>those trips

what have you done

I don't care. He's already stickied in my heart. Even though I shit on him all the time I love that dude

>detoilet

BRAWL IN PITTSBURGH

Dusty ready to punch out someone.

Everyone in baseball is emotional today, not surprising

Tbh Dusty has no reason to be upset with the Pirates. It's not their fault Harper doesn't know how to slide.

what was the context for throwing behind the dude's head

>Harper hits ball into right field corner
>goes for 3rd
>throw is off line
>based Chinaman pretends to make tag
>Harper slides and jams finger on base
>Dusty comes out to check on Harper
>trades words with Pirates dugout on his way back
>fast forward
>based Chinaman up to bat
>first pitch sails behind his head
>benches clear

To be fair that shit is getting out of hand.

If you want to get back at a dude, hit him in the leg or clip his side. Don't aim for his head.

That shit can be career and life threatening.

Was it a full blown brawl or just a dugout confrontation?

yeah I thought you were supposed to throw at the butt, head shit is dangerous

It didn't amount to anything. I think Werth attempted to throw a punch but umps didn't see it.

>trying to increase the MLB foreign player body count

The nationals are really taking their nickname to heart

tbf they don't necessarily aim at the head I don't think, easy for a body shot to run up

I mean most pitchers don't have the command to aim a ball directly at an area smaller than the strikezone and like 5 degrees up and in from where they're trained to pitch

kek, based gook

You can control whether the ball is going to run high or low and if you're going to hit or warn somebody it should always be low.

They know damn well what they're doing when the ball leaves their hand and what area it should be in. Behind the head means you're either a massive cunt or your control is little league tier.

How shit has Blue Jays pitching been that you are convinced a pitcher can't hit a batter square in the back at will?

well sometimes you wanna be a massive cunt, doesn't mean it can't get away from you, plus your sort of emotional and aggressive at that moment

back is a way bigger target, you still think they could do it ten out of ten times while rage flashing?

not saying dudes aren't cunts, my point was that they don't NECESSARILY aim for the head

#staywoke

I think a pitcher could easily avoid a batter's head

>Feared the backlash of trading him and is too much of a jew to hand out another huge contract like Stanton's

Loria definitely did it. Fucking kike.

Watched it live. He was definitely aiming for the head area.

9/10 times a ball sails by the head, it's intentional.

I had a bunch of shit written out but I closed the tab by accident

yeah he could easily avoid the head if he wanted to but I don't think a guy throwing in anger is mustering up every ounce of his control when he's trying to hurt a guy to make sure he doesn't hurt him THAT much, it sort of undermines your aggressive intent

jeez my whole point was that not all dudes are aiming for the head when it goes there, there's definitely some cunts but a dude who's aiming for the body and it runs up isn't exactly going to take it back while he's still livid and be like "well I didn't mean to hurt him THAT much oh shit bench clearing brawl better deck this guy rushing at me in the face"

Why are yuropoors such filthy subhumans?

fangraphs tells me the average MLB pitch misses it's location by a foot.
if he's aiming waist high it could easily miss high by a foot or more, especially since it's a nervy pitch to throw, plus the guy might actually duck into it if it's a high pitch but not quite head height since that's the first instinct

I doubt he was raging at the moment. I think he had already faced two batters and got them both out before Kang came up to bat. Dusty is kind of a dirtbag so he probably told him to aim high.

The average fastball misses by 1 ft or every pitch averaged together is 1 ft?

God fucking damn it

This time last year I was telling people "yeah Loria's a kike, but I'm still supporting this team for the guys like Dee Gordon and Jose Fernandez"

This year has been so shit for this team

>it's seriously not a joke
'no'

doesn't seem fair

3.5 back with 6 to go. 3 of them are against the Twins. Not counting the chickens before they hatch but Its actually doable.They might just limp into the post season. Of course the last three are against the Indians so that could keep them out. Indians-Royals end of season broship to keep the Tigers out of the post season?

I could see >us getting swept at Kaufman. Seems like >we are determined to be third seed but as long as they're in postseason I'm happy, it's been a great year.

>betances

no windians

No Windians btw. Gonna have to do it at in Detroit.

>Blow Gays """"bullpen""""

>*sob* Bum doesn't like me *sob*...
>*sob* he won't even look at me *sob*

ur dumb our bullpen is elite everyone is just shook by jose's passing that's all osuna was probably like his best bud

going to need life support soon

SF Giants vs SD Padres

4:40 PM ET | 1:40 PM PT

wat a mediocre team. how on earth has this team won 79 games

>stankees

>betances
lmaoo

also mets winning it all this yr

What happens to the contract when a player dies?

tfw Layne and Severino are the only yankee reliever who aren't shit

same thing that happens to a contract when anyone dies, probably

>the Met's most lopsided shut out in all of history
>the phillies

Welp, that's a shitty thing to happen.

Can the family claim some of the money?

Fernandez was young, so I don't know if he had kids.

It's amazing this shitty team is still even over .500.

sorry about your (post)season stanks

HAHA NOT REALLY SUCK MY ASS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHAH

LGTSS

>dellin blowtances
>clippard the big red L
>stankees
>stankees
>stankees

>stankees

He announced five days ago his girlfriend is pregnant.

But the marlins have already said they're going to be taking care of the family.

The union has life insurance and shit, who gets the payout probably depends on who he has on his financials though. His gf was pregnant.

>Lillies """""""""""pitching"""""""""""

Or rather she is still pregnant, presumably. Realized too late past tense might be confusing there.

>15-0

What the fuck

Out of all I saw this year, this was a positive year. Even though Gordon was suspended. We had Dietrich show his batting skills for the year. Ichiro becoming a great fourth outfielder. Players staying around the 300 mark. Not to mention even though we had several injuries to a bullpen and starters. We were dancing around the wildcard and above .500. But this?

To be honest, I could've saw the Marlins trade Jose to some other team by the end of the year. It would've sucked, but Loria is a cuck. I'd have that 100 times over then this. shit man. This year and team has an omen over it.

17-0*

>17 run lead

The most dangerous lead

>every Phillies pitcher that came to the mound in today's loss to the Mets allowed at least one run and at least one walk in their apperance

They were doing pretty well up to the all star break. Sadly a couple of other teams were doing better.

Still though Gordon has been killing it since returning, Dietrich has found his bat, Ramos has been killing it, Yelich has proven he can play the clean up when Stanton inevitably injures himself, Stanton has hit some fucking mammoth HRs and took the Derby home.

And on top of all that, Jose looked like he had the potential to become a GOAT and would've made the all star team next year at home.

Its been a disappointing end but it wasn't a bad season and there was hope for the next. He will forever be >our boy

they were a better team without Gordon
they started the year poorly when they had him, and they shit the bed and went completely out of the playoff race once they got him back

not saying it was his fault, but it happened

>rags

They shouldn't have forced him into the line up on his return. He should've been on the bench and had to earn his way back up.

Fucking why.

Fucking why.

Fucking why.

>check Fangraphs
>Jose led baseball in pitcher's WAR
>led baseball in FIP
>led in xFIP
>his K/9 was ridiculously high, better than the next guy in baseball

Fuck Syndergaard and Scherzer and everyone else, even Hendricks and Bumshit.

Jose legitimately deserves the fucking Cy Young. Give him the fucking Cy Young.

I can't wait for the next episode of Pitch tbqhwy

>RAGS
>RAGS

honestly I could see them doing it

They should. It wouldn't even be a sympathy vote considering how great he was.

This fucking sucks so much we'll never get to see him pitch again. :(

The voters are going to have it especially rough all things considered.

>No more JoseDay

No way Jose

*giggles*

>SOLER making a good point

I guess today brings out all sorts of truths

1) is there really any reason he shouldn't get it

2) has there ever been a post-humorous pitcher/hitter award given out before?

g-guys #puigyourfriend

;__;

@YasielPuig
You loved striking me out, and teasing me about it. I'm going to miss you bro #puiglovesyou

Because
>Kershit

>@theaceofspaeder: #Marlins Jose Fernandez had a career 1.49 ERA at Marlins Park. The best home ERA of all-time among starting pitchers.

The only legit contender for the NL Cy Young is Hendricks, and he almost clinched it when he flirted with a no hitter.

Depending on how much a bunch of emotional faggots the voters are, I could see Fernandez's corpse stealing the NL Cy Young just like Heath Ledger's corpse stole the Oscar for best supporting actor when everyone else in the field deserved it more. (It would have been great if they gave it to Robert Downy Jr. just for the sheer irony factor, but he also put in a solid performance.)

Come on rays

Rays you worthless pieces of shit

Because Fernadez was a good pitcher, but he wasn't ovehyped like Kershit or Bumburner.

>Fernandez's corpse stealing the NL Cy Young just like Heath Ledger's corpse stole the Oscar for best supporting actor when everyone else in the field deserved it more.
>The only legit contender for the NL Cy Young is Hendricks

Kill yourself immediately you ridiculous fucking idiot. Among all cy young contenders Hendricks is the least impressive. His FIP is a Full POINT higher than is ERA. the most disrespectful thing I've read on days. Fuck you.

It all comes down to how much the voters value IP. Kershaw is like an order of magnitude better than the others, but has 30-60 less IP than them. Fernandez and Syndergaard are the middle grounds with great stats and not so great IP. And Scherzer and Cueto are the work horses with not as great stats. And then you have the freaks produced by the Cubs' bullshit with ERAs outperforming their FIPs by a mile.
By Fangraphs WAR, Kershaw should win
By BRef WAR, Scherzer should win
By Prospectus WAR, Fernandez should win
By RA9-WAR, Lester should win
It's going to be a tough call, you can argue for about 7 pitchers.

>just like Heath Ledger's corpse stole the Oscar for best supporting actor when everyone else in the field deserved it more.

this is how i felt about Ledger. And i feel will happen with Jose.

>Ortiz also asked the Rays to cancel his pregame ceremony celebrating his retirement. Instead he asked for a moment of silence for Jose Fernandez.

>I dont have the words to describe the pain feel for the loss of my friend Jose.

We finally did it pham, we got 100

>still alive
fuck you Houston

nice, thanks for the information amigo

>northside in charge of counting

>Indians will clinch in Detroit

Did you guys see the Pedroia play?

You'll see if for years to come, holy shit

>T___s
Congrats.

Show the 100 loss Twins some respect.

>Fernandez struggled to defect to the US from Cuba
>took him 3 tries
>along the way he dived to rescue someone in the ocean who turned out to be his mother
>was always grateful to be in America
>told others to be thankful they were born into freedom when he had to reach for it
>we still have American athletes who kneel and sit during the national anthem

Why are we still here?

Oh, that makes sense.

F

Frick dude this made me choke up
What a crappy world we live in

Americans are pieces of shit who don't deserve anything. I've always said it and you'll always know it. Just as bad as ignorant European trash.

>Fernandez announced that his girlfriend was pregnant with his child only 5 days ago

It's easy to be "born into freedom" when you're not the object of oppression by a nuclear world power.

Holy shit, I was listening to the video of the press conference at the beach where the accident occurred. A reported asked the police dude about the boat. Here's a rough transcript:

REPORTER: "You said that you saw that boat in the area before. Was that Jose's boat? Was he driving?"

POLICE: "Actually, it was not Jose's boat. It does pertain to a friend of Jose, who is very well-connected with several Marlins players, and I have stopped that boat before for safety inspections with other Marlins players on board. We know that this boat knows the area; we just can't answer why this happened."

REPORTER: "And when you stopped them before, was Jose driving?"

POLICE: "No. Jose has never been driving. He's always been a passenger.

>it was not Jose's boat. It does pertain to a friend of Jose, who is very well-connected with several Marlins players, and I have stopped that boat before for safety inspections with other Marlins players on board.

WHOSE BOAT IS IT???

I assume I don't want to click on the sticky?

Nice boat

lots of
>F
>he was one of my favorites
>yuropoors with WTF CUYFF NO STICKY
>edgy kids

nothing of note

it will probably crash your computer due to so many replies and anyone who actually cares is here

someone please explain to how Hendricks, Arrieta, Lester can be Cy Young candidates with FIPs of 3.26, 3.45, and 3.40. (all higher than their ERA's)

Kershaw, José, Strasburg, all got FIPs LOWER than their ERA's and lower than any Chicago starter. (1.66, 2.29, 2.34, 2.91).

Just has me thinking a whole lot..

muh cusbs magik

Because FIP doesn't tell the whole story. Neither does ERA.

What's the big deal
Homey was DUI on a boat. It's more expected than tragic

Tragic is a 12yr old kid that get hit in the head with a meteorite. This is like shedding tears for a drunk driver, who does that?

I'M ON A BOAT AND

ITS GOING FAST AND

*crash*

There was no alcohol involved retard

they already said alcohol wasn't involved

Are you incapable of reading? It wasn't Jose's boat, it's likely Jose wasn't driving, and alcohol wasn't a factor in the accident.

It wasn't alcohol to blame. It was driving a boat at high tide in total darkness during 3 AM that is to blame. The jagged rocks were probably invisible at that time, and supposedly by other posters who work there, it's an area that has no safety lights or beacons to warn boaters.

No alcohol
At 3AM
Jose was the passenger

How do you run into a giant sea wall and say he wasn't drunk? Like seriously you're in the ocean
There are no lanes, no blind corners, the next boat close to you is a mile away

How the hell do you fuck that up and still claim he was sober?

>I've never been in a boat in my life

Eat shit for getting so butthurt over the fact that Hendricks is a superior.

Hendricks has the lowest ERA of any active pitcher this year and he relies of his control over power. His W/L doesn't do him any justice because in the first half of the season the Cubs offense decided to only be alive for Arrieta. Also he's godly in being able to induce weak hits to be fielded.

He doesn't need to rely on intangible stat padding bullshit like Feline Infectious Peritonitis, xFeline Infectious Peritonitis or Police Dog units.

Unless he shits the bed in his last appearances this season, Hendricks deserves the Cy Young, but he will more than likely be robbed because the MLB will want to create a feel good PR story about how they awarded a body that was spending this morning letting sea life feed on it instead caring about the team by staying on land practicing and being alive.

And before you say anything, FIP is a meaningless stat because it's a predictor and not solid data. I'll take a man with a lower ERA than an FIP, because I also happen to like my Cy Young recipients to not allow runs or leave men on base when they leave the game than some intangible stat faggot who dies in the middle of a season.

>None of the men in the boat were wearing life vests
>at 3am
Deserved to die, imho.

The only thing worse than plebs who don't understand advanced stats are the idiots like this who choose to be ignorant and discard them as "stat padding bullshit" or some other nonsense. Educate yourself, you fucking moron.

Careful with that edge, Eugene

>Jansen

I hate to say it but Seager is the real deal desu, dude could probably be mvp next year

Seager 》》》》》the entire marlins team

Why are all of these gusano players talking about Jose as a loss of a fellow "countryman" (referring to Cuba) when they all made it clear they don't give a fuck about "their" country (Cuba) when they betrayed it by going it to the country that is solely responsible for Cuba's poverty? It's like a Jew getting paid by Nazis to play soccer and crying about how destitute the ghettos are, if the Jews liberated the Ghettos but were still embargoed and de facto controlled by the Nazis. And of course every announcer in baseball is a mandatory patriot drone since 9/11, just as brainwashed as these kids that get washed up to shore looking for money.

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
old/fat

How do you know my name

They share a place of common origin, it doesn't mean they like the government that oversees it. Tibetans still love Tibet, but they don't like the Chinese government. Just because they live in exile, doesn't mean they are not Tibetan.

Btw Cuba would still be pretty poor without America there to make things worse.

YANKEES SUCK

That fool probably drowned trying to sneak some exiles into miami

I didnt expect jose to get a front page sticky. I just thought he was some one only miami cared about

I believe you can love your country but dislike it's government

Retards don't understand this though

he was one of the best pitchers in baseball

>jose fernandez
literally who?

There's no reason to think a free Cuba in the world market wouldn't be doing just fine economically, especially since they've gone this long despite spending every day under existential threat from the nuclear, war-happy US. It wouldn't be as rich as the US since they don't have the amount of natural resources but it wouldn't be poor.

Slight difference between "not liking your government" and actively aiding its enemies.

He's one of the best pitchers in the league, had potential to be one of the GOATs, and was genuinely loved by fans and players across the sport.

He was everything good about the sport. Baseball lost one of its finest today.

it's so unreal bros

how can he actually be dead

fuck

yeah I forgot this was 1965 and relations aren't becoming completely normalized

wow. you're dumb.

"great" britain getting perfectod

Cuba prior to a couple years ago was a legitimate Communist country with no market economy. That alone destined them for relative poverty.

Heh, guess who just clenched the division baby!
We luv it!

They aren't becoming completely normalized, the embargo and all laws are still in effect.

You mean socialist, and that's not true. Sorry but being blockaded by a superpower is the only actual blame. You can imagine that they wouldn't have done well regardless but there's no way to know that since that's not what happened.

they are still a communist country. The free trade is going to help defeat the government.

Its just sad to me that so few people know how bad and how hard people try to get out of cuba.

>jose's father was a doctor and tried 14 times before succeeding to get here
>jose tried 3 times and had to come without his abuela

I guess since I havent really followed baseball because fuck loria, then I lost what people thought of him. I didnt watch him enough. He seems an actual great person

I hate Great Britain and the jews now

We'll dominate the next World Baseball Classic, you just wait

also wasnt vin scully originally going to announce next year? what happened? why arent they giving him playoff games?

men that sucks he is leaving. you know he is going to die soon because he lost a big part of his life.

Still have a hard time digesting that Fernandez is dead. Outside of being an dominant talent, I always could appreciate that he was one of the few players out there that legitimately went out to play and make baseball fun instead of the crusty old guy shit it has a reputation for.

>jose's father was a doctor
Meaning he was given a full education and living pro bono by the government. Degenerate desu.

Don't have a hard time digesting that Fernandez is dead. There's a reason you don't sail near the unlit shore at 3 AM without life jackets.

We don't give a shit about advanced stats because they mean shit. A pitcher with a low ERA is infinitely better than a pitcher who's ERA would be low if pitched a complete game you use middle school calculations to decide to fill in the later innings.

So cling to your nonsense stats like you cling to a corpse. Since they both are now nothing.

>who's ERA would be low if pitched a complete game you use middle school calculations to decide to fill in the later innings.
What in the unholy fuck are you even talking about?

>Baseball finally gets a superstar that genuinely plays the game for fun and with passion
>He dies before his talent is truly realized, casting a dark shadow over the game

MLB is worse off losing a player with his talent, and passion for the game. It sad that in a time when the game needed more marketable players who genuinely enjoyed playing the game and had fun doing so, they lose essentially the face of that movement due to a fucking boating accident.

Live there for at least a year then come back to us. It's easy to call defectors a traitor when you've lived in a cushy suburban middle class neighborhood instead of the hell hole they escaped from. That university propaganda sure got you good.

I got depressed again when I realized the All Star Game is in Miami next season and we won't have any cool, fun moments with him.

One of many things we'll all unfortunately miss out on now.

Yeah it's not like the Castro regime completely fucked over it's people while blaming the embargo on economic strife. Surely such a prosperous nation wouldn't need to rely on foreign trade from just ONE country to stabilize itself, would it?

fuck the eligibility rules

how the fuck did brazil lose to china last time though

Take it as a lesson to appreciate the players who fit that bill while they're alive. Don't take them for granted.

He doesn't want it, he probably thought we weren't going past regular season when he planned it..
I hope he changes his mind but he won't. What mix of feels this game, incredible!

But 3 AM is when all the fish are out during high tide.

The embargo is being eased as time passes, and open trade and travel are now allowed

Stay wrong hawk

Talking about why FIP is a bogus stat that should be thrown into the garbage along with potential to pitch a no hitter or perfect game.

It's easy to call Cuban defectors traitors because that's what they are by definition. Read the post again, dipshit, no one said Cuba isn't poor. That's exactly the point.

Let me explain it to you in retard:

Countries in world economy need trade. Trade good. No trade = not good. Bad!
Country A trade = good!
Country B blocks Country A = Country A no trade no more. = Bad!

Dumbass.

Is it our year?

FIP isn't anything like you described though. Literally not in the least bit.

Cubs vs Cards

Last home game of the Cubs for the regular season and the series between the two clubs is tied.

Over there I hear most go into medical professions or teaching, since the government has a strict control over what your career choices are.

>t. Marxist political science undergrad

>open trade and travel are now allowed
Only restricted trade and travel. And these are both going to be repealed instantly when the next President (Trump or Hillary, doesn't matter) comes around.

>Progress will reverse because I say so!

ok retard

the fuck you talking about. We got plenty of guys that play for fun and with passion. Trout is the griffey of this era.

My favourite Jose Fernandez moment, didn't get a chance to watch him much but he genuinely looked like he was having fun when he took the mound.

Traitors from a government that fucks over it's people? Wew those professors of yours are masters of propaganda. And quit blaming the embargo from a single country. Cuba has had trade with other countries for decades and had a chance at being a prospering country. The reason it's in the shitter is because communism never works, especially with a family of dictators that shit all over the populace while amassing the wealth and resources for themselves.

The only poliscis they make in higher education are (Classical/Neo-)Liberals. Nice non-argument though.

Progress will reverse because capitulation to the gommies is the same as admitting defeat in the ideological dumbfuckery of American politics. Ideology is more important that actual solutions, Cuba being in the world sphere being the most sensible. Than there's that Guantanamo thing.

I never said there weren't. But arguing Jose wasn't the face of that movement is fucking hilariously silly. He literally embodied the playground ballplayer spirit man, even with all the old curmudgeons bitching and moaning about muh integrity and shit all the time, he still wore that signature goofy smile and had fun.

No doubt that now he is gone Trout is definitely the new face though.

How did he die? Was it bringing in more Cubans into the country? Why else go out that late in the middle of the waters.

Where is the sticky?

LGTSS
>mods

Be allow travel and trade with China, again this isn't the 50's-60's, no one gives a single shit about Cuba and communism anymore

Look at the national poll for normalizing relations with Cuba, it's overwhelmingly in favor of it

Capitalism will win again and the embargo will be lifted in 5 years MAX, get over it Senator McCarthy

>accusing someone of being victim of propaganda while spewing nothing but propaganda

>There's just an embargo there for shits and giggles it doesn't do anything, they're totally free, I believe this!

okay now we all liked the guy but this post-mortem sainthood is getting out of hand

Comfy night boating when all the fish are out. What other reason is there?

There was one

Trump loves to suck communist cock, though.

There was one still up an hour ago that made it 1500 posts, they may have unstickied it by now.

I live in South Florida so my experience is clearly going to be different from you in Canada, obviously.

Might as well be because it tries to pretend there are variables that make ERA an invalid way of judging a pitchers performance when their defense would clearly influence how they pitch. If you have shit defenders, you're going to aim for strike outs or attempt to induce pop flies to make it as easily as possible for the defenders to field the ball. If you have a good defense, you have more options but you'll be more likely try to induce ground outs since you have faith in your teammates to get the batter out at first. It doesn't even get to taking into account maneuvers like the shift.

A pitcher is part of a team and if they are able to use it to the best of their ability like Hendrick and his knuckle ball, i say give them their dues instead of citing some bullshit stat that means nothing.

>what is defensive architecture?

Source?

>your government's """enemies""" are automatically your enemies

How does it feel to be a brainwashed baiting idiot?

>his argument is critiquing how my argument was constructed instead of refuting the main point
Quit repeating yourself. The embargo isn't slavery, if there are hundreds of other nations to trade from. Blaming all of the economic strife on an embargo instead of an idealistic government system that never works isn't going to prove yourself right. Keep thinking it's trade sanctions when Marxist economic policies have proven time and time again that they never work. Don't just look at Cuba, look at all the other countries before it that fell under the same system.

I'd rather the embargo lifted now and whatever happens happens. Not our job to police the world and make them into our image. Anyone that thinks Cubans aren't overwhelmingly in favor of socialism should realize they have all this time to topple the government and nothing happens. On the other hand, Fidel entered Cuba with like 50 guys and lead a nation wide movement to overthrow their dictator. People being sick of poverty that's caused by foreign pressure don't want to be a vassal or some shitty resort island. Not the majority of them anyway, which is why opposition parties always lose in the elections.
>in before "they told me it's a dictatorship there's no democracy"
More "free" than American elections for sure.

tldr: you are still wrong

We get it, you care. You care deeply and profoundly and miss the man with every cockle of your heart.

Take it to your blog.

Keep that head in the sand, boys.

>>/edge/

There isn't any movement though. And that's hilarious that you believe that. There's jokes sometimes in the Angel's thread about Trout being too boring, so I don't know what movement he's leading.

What people are seeing is just a large influx of young superstar talent in recent years. Once they get old they'll all be jaded and worn out from playing 1000 games just like the "fun" 90s guys that were the old boring 00s guys.

>More "free" than American elections for sure.
With one political party. There is no chance of a revolution when all firearms have been taken away. And any resistance groups are quickly dismantled. East Germany had a chance because of outside pressure. This is an island nation with a locked down government. Go live there if it's truly free as you say. Surely that American flag on your post must be wearing you out.

>There's jokes sometimes in the Angel's thread
Angels have thread?

Likewise. I'm sure you're also in support of the press having no power, controlled internet privileges, enforced censorship, and the deaths of many for protesting against the regime.

gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/cuba

Nats ;_;

I think we can all agree, the anti Castro Cubans squatting in Florida with their embezzled wealth all need to die off.

The fact he's going to outlive Obama's presidency is proof the man lives just to spite those people

whos that

Gio Gonzalez
From what I recall, he was good friends with Jose.

No arguments there.

>Arnold Palmer
>Jose Fernandez
>Gene Wilder
>Muhammad Ali
>Gordie Howe
>Prince
>Bowie

>people who dont know all the civil liberties that are being taken by the castro regime

m.mlb.com/video/v1188120683/collad-scully-tells-touching-story-about-fernandez/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

this video got me going. its just mostly the scully tone

Not even a marlels fan, and he was by far my favorite of those list. It was so sudden. Cant be too saddened at the guys like Ali and Palmer, who've had hundreds of tributes as they reached that age. Jose was on his prime. Top 5 pitcher. Cornerstone of a franchise. It was so sudden. I just woke up in time to set my fantasy lineup, I see ESPN homepage and couldn't believe it.

Fuck this year.

>implying the problem with Cred Forums isn't how left it is

I feel exactly the way I felt and continue to feel about Paul Walker. My brain still hasn't fully processed it. The guy was fucking 24, had a kid on the way.

Young, rich, attractive (no homo), seemingly came from nothing and it's all gone now. Fuck. Never even really saw the guy play and I still feel terrible.

>t. American prop

Embezzled wealth they worked hard to make for themselves. Isn't that the American dream of all immigrants? Well except for those who live off welfare checks without trying at all.

>Flee your home nation with all the wealth you leached out of it
>Commit treason by getting arms from a foreign government and attacking your home nation
>Cry to foreign government to then kill your nation's leader
>Every single operation ends in failure
>Every botched assassinating just makes your leader more endearing
>They have cheaper health care than the foreign government too

The fact you faggots dumped a great side show like Ozzie Guillen just because he DIDN'T condemn Castro when asked about him. He didn't suck his dick and say 'Fuck Cuban Americans', and you still called for his head.

Just die off so your voting bloc vanishes and we can lift the embargo.

>Embezzled wealth
>they worked hard to make

user...

Be careful user you'll be called a Marxist, which in America is literally the worst thing, worse than serial rapist or pedophile or a presidential nominee.

Heather Ledger was fantastic as the Joker and José deserves the Cy Young. One of the (if not definitely the) best NL pitchers and one more start for everyone won't change that

He praised Castro which is enough for backlash. Even in New York, Cuban-Americans were upset about it. And don't act like the operation from Brigade 2506 wasn't backed up by the American government to prevent the growth of "the Red Menace." Those men gave up their lives they had established from their home country to liberate it from an oppressive dictatorship. Leached off whatever wealth they had to send it back in the form of a coup which failed. Those ops the CIA tried had failed, and it wasn't all from Cuban begging as you put it out to be. The US wanted the Castros wiped off just as much as the ex-pats. There was a joint operation for a reason.

We're talking about Cubans, not Mexicans.

Unironically agree on both counts.

Colin Kaepernick deserves nothing short of death

I didnt do everything past the first one

>castro promised a utopian society that the middle class was the only one that saw it was bull shit
>fidel killed or sent everyone to work camps because they were against him
>took arms from everyone by making promises to the kids who knew shit
>went by a socialist system that rewards lazyness instead of hard work

then to top it all of not everyone is equal and only the top 1% gets all the healthcare and money. The other 99% is living on rations that have been on shortage where people have to commute 4hours everyday to get to work if they are hardworkers. If things were so great why are so many people risking their lives multiple times to get out of that hell hole.

I dont understand who see cuba as such a great place and say death to capitalism. What makes usa is great is that capitalism is providing people with bunch of opportunities of providing people to get out of the lower class and become rich in one generations. Also it provides people the oppurtunity to be hard workers instead of giving lazy people most of the advantages.

>one of the best young players in baseball dies
>in the end not even the biggest sports death today

>tfw baseball is dead

>Those men gave up their lives they had established from their home country to liberate it from an oppressive dictatorship.
But that's the 26th of July movement against Batista :^)

>comparing deaths

you should be dead instead

Damn right you are.

wow rude

I'm just saying that more people will care about arnold palmer than jose fernandez

calm down man

Is he the legit MVP? Trout is his only competition I think but
>angles
Also is Rick the Dick AL Cy Young?

Has nothing to do with baseball at all, just the stages in their careers.

When Yogi died there was a similar outpouring to arnold now.

Trout is the MVP but Betts will probably win it.
Porcello's probably got the CY on lock because of muh wins

Most people will only know the name because of the drink

Kluber should be Cy Young desu

Trout is the AL MVP, but he won't win it.

when yogi played baseball was still the biggest sport

Come on, man. Arnold Palmer is dead and all you can do is post shit about Jose Fernandez? You heartless cunt.

You fucking cunt. ARNOLD PALMER IS DEAD.

t. spooked cuck

FUCK OFF Cred Forums

Is Osuna a top 5 or top 10 closer?

The massive flood of people trying to earn their spot on an America swimming team really only went into high gear when the Soviet Union went under so they no longer got support from one of the largest blocs in the world. And with how the west still chose to embargo them they were essentially isolated, but instead of going full dictatorship like Best Korea, They found the means to become self sustaining even if quality of life declined. Obviously you have some people who decided it would be better to run away like cowards instead of making a stand since they'd be executed like the traitors they are.

I love how you shit on socialism when it's just as flawed as capitalism. Socialism might be shitty, but at least it doesn't an unreachable brass ring in front of you saying if you work hard enough you'll get it.

Which means he has a legacy that people will remember him by. All the Castro kid has is the MLB putting into everyone contract the players are not allowed to go boating in the middle of the night because apparently they're retarded enough to do it.

they're everywhere senpai

Jose Fernandez > Arnold Palmer

Fucking FIGHT ME if you think or say otherwise.

>defends Marxism while calling others spooked and cucked
Oh the irony.

When people build rafts out of tires to escape capitalist countries, then we can talk about socialism being just as bad as capitalism

>Implying those aren't all American operatives who are apart of a PsyOp against Cuba.

>the damage control involves tinfoil conspiracies
Socialists, everyone.

Yeah those people left like cowards because they never had representation in a government that controlled thought and suppressed political dissent. They left because they never chose to swear their allegiance to a government that never respected basic human rights. The downfall of the Soviets was an implosion, due to information seeping I'm about how people in the West could make a loving from being self-sufficient. You say capitalism holds you down, when in reality you haven't attempted to run your own business or gain capital through penny stocks. /biz/ would like to have a word with you.
>actually defending the shithole that is North Korea
Okay now you're a dumb ass.

>Socialism might be shitty, but at least it doesn't an unreachable brass ring in front of you saying if you work hard enough you'll get it.

Ok I left out the part of working smart and hard. there are tons of stories of people thinking about where they are and finding a niche that took them to better lives. in socialism that a lot harder to do. there is a reason why in the USA its so easy to create a small business.

>Obviously you have some people who decided it would be better to run away like cowards instead of making a stand since they'd be executed like the traitors they are.
you means the countless ones that are sitting in prison to be forgot or the ones that are sent to firing squads to be killed.

god I want to see people like you go to cuba because you see cuba as so great. and then when you get their you make fun of how terrible the system it actually is. You know what will happen? you will be sent to prison to be forgotten about or be sent to the firing squad. Men if you stood up to these people you better be ready to fucking die. its easy to make this comments in the free usa

It's not worth it user, it's all ideology here.

Sometimes I forget this general is about baseball

>Yeah those people left like cowards because they never had representation in a government that controlled thought and suppressed political dissent.
Cuba is literally a representational republic.

What's baseball?

Not that user and you're right about communism but North Korea isn't communist, even they admit they aren't. They're just a isolationist one party dictatorship with an extreme inferiority complex.

Socialism sucks tho.

The absolute madman!

is that arnold palmer

What happens with the braves/marlins game?

>cancel and finish at 161 games
>forfeit and lose
>remake on day after Sunday?

No that's Jose Fernandez

Is Howie Kendrick the most patrician of all ballplayers?

youtube.com/watch?v=akpzmcGjP-0

Honestly, ESPN games are the fucking worst
The commentary is the worst
The mid-game interviews are the word
The liverwurst is the worst

It's canceled, they only play 161 games this season.

Basically every Fernandez game was like that. He was such a genuine fun guyeven when he wasn't pitching, he was the spirit of the club. Always running around talking to the guys, making jokes, begging Mattingly to let him pinch hit.

He made everybody feel like family, even the fans. That he reached so many people is what makes it heartbreaking.

yeah they canceled a game last season too, doesn't matter cuz neither is in contention

10. No doubt he can be a top 5 eventually.

top 2 currently

britton is just unholy

>Ok I left out the part of working smart and hard.
So you're still trying to sell it? Your family or associates just managed to game whatever system was in place where and when the game changed, and they knew they couldn't bullshit their way to the 1%, they chose to flee rather than work with the system. Sounds like you guys are the lazy, cowards and not those who stay in Cuba. Oh and working smart and hard doesn't equal success in American, not by a long shot. It doesn't even equal life above the poverty line these days. Please proceed with circular logic that the poor just don't work hard or smart enough to make it now.

>Prison
Oh yes, please. Let's compare the prison systems in America and Cuba. I might even not mention the black sites to make it not lopsided.

I know, it's just fun to see what the larva of the anti-castro losers have to spout. Now that their latest poster boy was found sleeping with the fishes instead of playing for them.

>Think I was defending Best Korea
Way to prove you're a newfag. Lurk Moar

The only dictatorship governed country to openly call itself a dictatorship is Belarus. China, Cuba, NK, and the Soviets when they were around come up with these fancy names like "the People's Republic of X" for the sake of propaganda to the people and the international community. Look at the index for how many human rights violations Cuba commits on a yearly basis.

I know. I was just going on a tangent since he made a brief point complimenting how North Korea handled itself in foreign policy, like a fucking idiot. If you're going to close yourself and not rely on foreign aid, at least do it the right way like Switzerland. But he went with NK like the idiot socialist he is.

;_____;

Cuba has free elections, they get monitored by the UN and everything. I don't know why this bothers you.

>working with the system
You mean bending over and taking it in the ass by the Castro family and not living for yourself and your own family is being lazy? I love when Marxists think the idea of not working for a totalitarian statist dynasty makes you a traitor. It makes you someone who has dignity on a human level, instead of being a government lapdog. By the way, don't just argue against the North Korea tangent while conveniently ignoring the whole other post. Keep sucking Castro's dick and the idea of socialism while I gain money through investing in stocks. You are where you are because you're too lazy to make money.

So does Syria. The elections are theatrics, and don't act like the UN actually cares about human rights when they turn a blind eye to the political killings under the Stalin regime.

>don't act like the UN actually cares about human rights
You're right about one thing.

I SAID FUCK OFF Cred Forums

seriously just take your amateur debating there

holy fuck you faggots are insufferable

>drinks milk from a bag
>not a piece of shit
just die

>You mean bending over and taking it in the ass by the Castro family and not living for yourself and your own family is being lazy
So just because your family isn't the one ass fucking everyone, you declare everything is unfair.

Just admit it, you're part of a bunch of traitorous losers who manipulate the system to hoard wealth, and when another group went. 'That's bullshit' they were not able to back deal their way into power with the new government and choose to flee instead of working hard and smart like you profess people should.

Oh the house of lies collapses on you once again.

for once a leaf is right

>his team didn't score 17 runs today

We're going to be hearing all these stories over the next few days.
Gonna be a rough week famalam

ants

ANTS

ants discussing how the lions should rule the pride

if you're too weak and small to do anything politically then your dime-a-dozen opinions ain't worth a tin fucking shit to anyone

pathetic faggots thinking their righteousness means something in the world lmao

>Post frogs
>Is from a country with leaf as his emblem
>Doesn't believe in threads should have fluid conversations
Go away normalfag. You don't even have a respectable baseball team.

My family came from Spain you faggot. They worked there ass off in poverty through the streets of New York working laborious jobs. Same way those Cubans in exile worked there way up in a government that had no opportunity. Fuck off to your socialist echo chamber.

On another note, RIP Arnold Palmer. This day has lost two sports idols.

should have stopped at 16

*away from a government
not in

So you admit to eating up all the propaganda that you're fed.

Nice job el taco.

>fluid conversations

here's a fucking fluid topic for you, let's discuss our favorite kinds of futa

I'm personally into futa on male but futa on futa is p cool too. futa on female is great also

The poster of pic related went to college for his post. You will not appreciate that leaf, but you should.

Also Futa, balls, or no balls? Your sexual orientation will slide one way to the other depending on your answer.

Anyone got that webm of Syndergaard striking out Fernandez and him smiling and laughing about it? That was always one of my favorites

I have seen this conclusive proof that futa is not gay and I concur with it, this is a man of learning speaking after all

also balls. no balls is just weird as fuck to be entirely honest with you Joe

the real question is, vag or no vag? I warn you, the /d/epartment of police will be on you depending on your answer

????
Not sure what you're talking about since I never admitted to anything but keep getting brainwashed at uni. Go get em, champ.

>Americans unironically equate education with brainwashing

My favorite is the one where he snags a comebacker from Tulo and he takes like 2 steps out of the batters box and says

>Did you really catch that?!

And Fernandez is standing there like
>lol yeah

;_;

>fernandez and thor won't battle for divisional dominance for years to come

>There will never be a Strasburg v. Fernandez matchup

Jesus fuck I didn't realize that would hit me so hard, but now i'm super sad.

Guys

Fernandez' game score in his last start of his life was 93, the highest of his career.

Here's the last out he ever recorded in his life.

First off, by saying you prefer balls means you prefer men because you need to identify with every visible sexual organ of a man and not the one required for physical interaction and to show pleasure. Furthermore, just a dick makes more sense on an anatomical level since it would be where the clitoris is located which is an under developed penis.

Further more by removing the vagina, you are further implying you would rather look at men than women because you are removing the main sexual characteristic of a woman. Her breasts are a secondary, and thus don't matter in this regard.

Your sexuality was already on leaning towards the men side because of your nationality, but these admissions only pushes it further towards that side and having shit taste for needing balls.

>Don't get to see Fernadez shelled by the Cubs
The man got a win when the Cubs were in their slump and then lost a pitching duel to Jason Hammel. embarrassing.

Revisionist history isn't education, Chicano.

The world isn't as bright as it used to be. Baseball is lessened by such a loss.

FERNANDEZ

LEFT FIELD

IT'S DEEP

IT ISSSSSS GOONE

>Old man McCann thinking he's the upholder of the unwritten rules

I read that in Rich Waltz's voice.

I wonder what Tommy Hutton has to say in Jose.

dodgers clinched tonight.

Kershaw will be a champion soon.

Damn. Too much is happening.

wtf I hate the Mets now

Jonah Hill looks dead inside

Well, he was watching the Phillies play.

He had a dream

And his fat wasn't there

delete this shit, the two things aren't related at all

>tfw that final clip is the last pitch of his career

His Mom and grandma in the stands

Fuuck man the feels

PLAYIN LOOSE

AND FEELIN GOOD

HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME. AREN'T I SO GREAT? I TOTALLY DESERVE A PRE-GAME CEREMONY AND 100 CURTAIN CALLS LOL!

WHO CARES IF JOSE FERNANDEZ DIED TODAY? I'M RETIRING AND THAT'S SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT LMAO

thank your tardnials for losing
t.mets

57 home wins

#forjose

who?

It's not like he asked for it

I think everyone is just in a sentimental and emotional mood today so people want to let it out

Just like the police department and our country

Exactly

Fuck that narcissistic old man

Lol he could have cancelled his pre-game ceremony and had the self awareness not to make a million curtain calls.

Even that steroid-abusing, roid-raging David Ortiz had enough sense to request that the Rays not go through with their retirement ceremony shit.

>+1.0

>investing in stocks

Show me your portfolio you meme chasing NEET

Oh...I didn't know there was literally a pre game ceremony

That's pretty gay

David Ross isn't even good too

go back to the leddit thread where everyone downvoted you.

RIP Jose Fernandez, A real example of how to play baseball

>philly

Cubs just adding on to their curse

You can play baseball however you want

Actually it is. He had a solid career even though he never stayed on one team for long. But this year has been a magical ride because he got to catch his first no hitter and break some of his own personal season records. Oh and he hit a home run tonight just for good measure.

Having it be against the methnials to win the season and put them behind the 2nd wild cart spot was icing on the cake.

>no pitcher will be this based ever again
didn't he do this on a braun liner too?

I fucking hate cubs fans and how they're trying to push their dumb celebration for some washed up player. Don't they understand someone actually important died today?

Seriously what a shitty fanbase

Go back to tumblr with your moral fagging

Rot in hell Fernadez, he died as hje lived, amounting to nothing and being remembered as a random splot on something.

>retirement tour for a mediocre-at-best lifetime backup catcher
Fuck the Cubs. Fuck that ass-backwards franchise.

>solid career
Top fucking kek
Lifetime .229 BA and a whopping 7.2 WAR generated
You aren't related to David or work for the Cubs franchise by any chance, do you?

>St Lose
>San Fagcisco

>being this butthurt that your team doesn't send off their fan and club favorite who is retiring after the season with an ovation for his last home game.

I wouldn't be shocked if you were celebrating that Fernadez died because you could use it to shit on Ross.

I'm absolutely prepared to punch the face of the next scrubs fan I see

How can one fanbase be so garbage???

And we go into a distraught Marlins team next

If we mest away this wildcard i'll be so mad

Some fanbases are just horrid by nature, it's hard to pin down why.

>David Ross
>fan and club favorite
Man that's fucking pathetic. Cubs fans get more delusional every day. Epstein should've stepped in and put a stop to this nonsense.

>I wouldn't be shocked if you were celebrating that Fernadez died
Nope. I'm not some egotistical, inhumane jackass like David Ross and the entire Cubs organization. I was solemnly mourning his death like every normal human being/baseball fan across the world.

I just cant believe they would even TRY to overshadow such a day where a baseball player died and a legend called his last game on the radio. Its unfair and really disgusting, I cant stand those scrubs

Now THIS is SHITPOSTING!

>/mlb/

>I'm mourning the death of some nobody on a team I don't give a shit about and certainly not using it as point to attack Daivd Ross
>IGNORE THE OTHER HALF OF MY POST AND EVERYTHING ELSE I SAID.

el o el theres that ottoman humor again!

good one, friend

>regular season almost over

I'm just rightfully criticizing Ross for having the audacity to suggest this day is all about him. Doesn't mean I care about Fernandez any less, I'm trying to stick up for him.

God, you Chicagoans are truly terrible people. Jumping through hoops to defend some dickhead old man with a shitty baseball career and no compassion for his fellow athletes. Absolutely despicable behavior.

Cubs fans are pieces of shit.

I would like to see the cubs win the world series as a team but I never want to give their fans the satisfaction.

I don't think I'll ever forgive them for the way they treated that poor fucking kid in the 2003 play offs against the Marlins. He made an innocent mistake and they ruined his life because the TEAM fell apart afterwards.

Fuck them. They're petty and disgusting.

don't worry, there's still the post season

whoa...

Honestly should've done what Papi did and hold a moment of silence instead of celebration. I mean, you're going to the Post, you can do that then desu. Have a retirement ceremony to fire the team up before the NLDS

fuck it's been 3 years already

i remember this gif like it was yesterday

>Implying he asked the Cubs to set it up.
I I love how your capitalizing on some Cuban Coffin filler as a means to attack the Cubs and Ross in particular.

I get it you're bitter and butthurt that Ross has decided to choose the Cubs as his home for baseball. But using some guy feeding shrimp with his blood to attack Grampa Ross? I think we know who the real sub human here is, and it's not me or anyone who is a fan of or apart of the Cubs franchise.

time flies when ur having fun

does going to the cubs make players become pieces of shit or do only pieces of shit go to the cubs?

I'm sure this would be called sexual harassment or rape today.

I'm just shocked nobody has made the Fernandez joke I've been waiting for this whole time. I mean it's right there

Is Will "Obstruction" Middlebrooks still pounding that

yeah they have a sweet life i live vicariously through them because i follow her on snapchat

No way Jose

Yeah yeah, something something Marlins, something something boating accident, we get it.

>some Cuban Coffin filler
>some guy feeding shrimp with his blood
What an absolutely abhorrent post. I expect nothing less from a Chicagoan.

You're also implying this is a baseball thing, that I actually want someone like David Ross playing for my favorite team. It's a humanity thing, a respect thing. Not surprised some piece of shit from Illinois like yourself can't understand that.

K. I'm just saying

I'm glad it wasn't made, just surprised

Cubs fans everybody

they were made in the sticky

>Appealing to humanity
>On Cred Forums
Silly newfag think we would follow your flawed mores.

Soak it in faggots, we're going to be owning this shit town called a general come November.

Cubes won't make it past the NLDS.

>false flagging this hard

did you SEE grandpa rossy hit that dinger?

So Good

>eat shit methlouis

19-4,2.28, lester for cy

NEW THREAD WHERE?

new bread please

2016 Cubs are the best team to EVER take the field and you faggots couldn't be saltier

Someone make a "Fuck David Ross" edition new thread, thx

Cubans have to go back thread incoming.....

F U C K

J O S E

FERNANDED

good poste

Married to her, the piece of shit

new