/MLB/ GENERAL: IN MEMORIAM EDITION

the baseball gods act through dee gordon
nats and cards playing like shit
cubs won 100
yanks and blue jays chimp out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-H-LqGXjuzA
sportingnews.com/mlb/news/madison-bumgarner-giants-record-strikeouts-by-left-handed-pitcher-cy-seymour-hitting/84bmq9vs3tjfzc3d1e8nfxld
youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1p8kuaDaw
hardballtimes.com/oh-what-might-have-been/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw no MiLB gf

cusb desu
>100

Trout is the MVP, there is no competition.

rip in piece jose fernandez

>tfw Grilli back to being shit
>tfw Benoit hurt his calf in the benchclearing
>tfw Travis hurt his shoulder again
>tfw Osuna likely exhausted
>tfw Smoak is still an active player on the team

then the Buck Truck rolls into town...

Yes, for 5 years in a row. He still won't win it.

DIVISION WINDIANS

RIP Jose

Mets

Free agency when?

Is Lucas Giolito a bust? He was the #1 prospect in baseball and were at the end if the season and like 7 of the top 10 have already debuted and established themselves.

This dude was uber hyped in highschool and got Adam Wainwright comps when he was like 17 I remember.

>unironically believing this

Updated 2017 NL East

Phillies 91-61
Mets 90-62
Nationals 82-80
Barves 70-92
Marlins 55-107

Betts is winning it. Should be Trout

Trout will be playing at an MVP caliber in 3 years Nookie won't.... Who is the real MVP?

Put some respect on Trout's name.

hopefully. turner has started performing way before he has solidified his position in the rotation. his stuff isn"t even that good imho

Who /ByeWeek/ here?

Dodgers reporting in

So long as we kill the starters like we usually do we still have the wild card. Windians will keep winning and Britton won't shut the door on the season.

clinchedians!

Just saw the highlights of that Marlins game. RIP Fernandez. I love baseball. The true beautiful game.

>Literally no reason why the phillies switch wins and losses

Sucks because Betts is a system babby while Trout carries an entire lineup. His offensive WAR stats are insane

dee's postgame interview man

fuck...

on a lighter note, i really think his gesture saved his image (not that he'd care). when he steps up, people will remember this over his sunny d juicing.

Yes he will :^)

>the baseball gods act through dee gordon

did bonds put him in touch with them?

Who /resting their starters/ tomorrow?

>mookie won't still be MVP-level in 3 years
even if that's true, it doesn't matter. you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'll say this about Trout. I can understand the year he got shafted for Miggy's triple crown year because OMG COUNTING STATS LEADERS. Miggy's other one was undeserved over Trout. Other than that, last year could been a coin flip, Trout is very much evolving into a Barry Bonds-type player, but Donaldson had his career year.

His one MVP year he had a billion Ks, which hurt his WAR and ironically made him win it in the year with his lowest WAR figure.

what the fuck are (You) talking about?

>what the fuck are (You) talking about?

HEY

FUCK

(YOU)

lets talk about the 2 most unlikable teams in baseball.
The Yankees and Blue Jays

been doing it for a week fampai

The rags should be in there

indians starters are resting

in piece

Daily Reminder that Edwin Diaz now has as many blown saves as Fernando Rodney did in 2014.

>Postseason """""contender""""" blows back-to-back saves against the dead carcass of a run producer known as the Yankees' offense
>Said postseason """""contender""""" can't capitalize when Chef Betances serves up his spaghetti dinner special and loads the bases without recording an out

Why is this allowed?

confirmed FRAZZLED

>tfw hopefully another October to remember

youtube.com/watch?v=-H-LqGXjuzA

>no Clevinger

ADD HIM NAO

Madison Bumgarner broke a 118 year old Giants franchise season record for strikeouts by a left handed pitcher

sportingnews.com/mlb/news/madison-bumgarner-giants-record-strikeouts-by-left-handed-pitcher-cy-seymour-hitting/84bmq9vs3tjfzc3d1e8nfxld

Every dog has it's day. Even the Yankees.

Btw what was the fight about?

Severino hit Jash in the elbow. Happ threw behind Headley then hit him. Girardi and several yankees coaches thrown out. Severino then threw at Smoak twice missing the first time.

Jash Danulson got slightly knicked on the elbow by Severino because he was hanging them pretty darn close to over the plate, and because Severino had absolutely no control. For whatever reason, Happ felt the need to retaliate over this and beaned Headley the next inning. That's what cleared the benches the first time. The Yankees were understandably pissed, so they retaliated too, and then the benches cleared again with several near-fights about to break out. Martin really wanted a go at Sanchez for some reason.

Gibby puts too much faith in "veterans" and it costs games, also the bullpen has like 29 losses now. Grilli already has shown when his location is off he gives up two or more dingers in an inning and he was still left out there after the first one. Almost excited for the rebuild phase but then I realize less than 1000 people will be going to games and we have guys like Smoak and Pompey as the best hitters if the free agents bail.

I'd guess it's because Sanchez had some pretty obvious catcher interference go uncalled multiple times the last time they played. Seems like something a fellow catcher might not like.

>Ausmus: "Regardless of what...the odds are, we're going to come here tomorrow and try to win. Don't really give a crap what the odds are.'

Brad's got this r-right?

Never tell him the odds

Never tell me the odds

Ayyyyy lmao

Bring it up in tomorrow's game thread in case I forget, won't be on till late but I'll do it then.

what did Houston mean by this?

Way ahead of you.

jose was a fun pitcher to watch
rip

Some pitchers ignore base runners. Fucking weak knees Jose "70 games on the DL" Bautista has a steal this week.

yea I miss him so much

feels like just yesterday he retired

Royals

>Giants literally gonna sneak into the playoffs on some meme shit

lol, can not make it up

Ah the old "pitcher is shit, that MUST have been intentional" episode.

I'm expecting a clearing or two in the upcoming bird series. Been way too cordial this year, and both teams hungry for post so tension will be high.

Say it with me

Introducing your 2016 AL MVP and Roberto Clemente Award recipient, Robinson Cano.

Astro bros, I think this loss effectively ended your season. pls be cool and lose the next two

>Jose is still dead

Unless Britton literally pulls out his dick and blows a load on a blue jays hat after a save I don't think anything will happen. O's had an opportunity to start something after the Saunders hat trick game but as you said it's been pretty ho-hum. Wouldn't mind seeing Memechado and Jash chimp out on each other though t b h.

its k

he's striking out Jesus in that great big ballpark in the sky right now

>and he will never not be dead...

He's balling hard in heaven right now though. Know that

show some fucking respect to the best team in the AL

>rags

>1 second and 1 post number apart

heavenmind

it makes sense though. God needed an ace, all the pitchers in heaven are old as fuck, and nobody else was as pure of heart or had as elite of a young arm

can he win the WC /mlb/?

'no'

>goat
>yfw he throws a perfecto to knock out the cusb

>Tigers will still lose to a hungover Indians tomorrow

Is Kyle Hendricks autistic? He looks like an he has autism. He walks off the mound like a simpleton looking at the ground, shoulders stiff, arms stiff, his mannerisms are that of someone who needs to be cared for. Not been Greinke acts this way. Greinke still looks human on the mound. Kyle looks mentally ill.

Not hating.
Only an observation~

I'm a mets fan but i don't trust him at all. I trust bart more even after tonight's shitfest

It's mostly because he's not completely healthy

2014 was low-key too, but the last series was when glass bones Reyes hurt himself sliding into a play at the plate, and Stroshit threw at Caleb Joseph.
Anything can happen in this game, and it can happen before these same teams possibly meet up when it's all on the line.

>mfw

Jays will probably win the world series

DELET THIS FUCKING NOW

Sorry im from reddit, how do i delete a post? i dont want too many down votes here

> Reddick

Kyle Hendricks is a nice man who has a fun time playing the great game of baseball for a living

are they somehow going to get a brand new bullpen from now untill the WS?

Or some semblance of consistent offense?

>he's not completely healthy
It's all downhill from here I'm afraid

>star player dies
>stadium is still not near 50% capacity

Did you guys know that Connie Mack was still managing the Philadelphia Athletics when Vin Scully started broadcasting

Some of you may think I'm joking...I'm not

listen goy, winning a series 3-1 in still decisive and there only loss came down to a competitive buzzer beater

Kyle Hendricks has a 1.99 ERA. Kyle Hendricks pitches in the NL. Thus, _____________ will _______________ the _________________.

i noticed that kek

also that hr might have been staged

Trump, win, MVP

literally who

>A fucking leaf

retard not only responds to the wrong person but schizos out with his dyslexia and swaps trout for trump by mistake

jesus fuck I had to look it up to see if that was true
good god man

>fucking dots and lines

>jesus fuck
>good god
>7777

HOLY SHIT

go to bed canuck, you're drunk

Connie Mack is one of the most famous managers in baseball history

He's the AL version of John McGraw. Like the exact same thing. Dynasties of the Philadelphia Athletics were managed by him in the 00's-30's

Do you know who John McGraw is YOU FUCKING LEAF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vin Schully is old lol

>ERA
meme stat after this season.
Done with that metric. It's become meaningless.

All about the FIP, K/9, S/W, RA9-WAR

?

no i was talking about this vinnie skully character, cant find him on any past rosters ?

reminder that the christian god is more powerful than, satan, kek, and moloch put together

We're #1...
... overall, next year, in the draft.

FIP is a predictive stat and should have no bearing on whether someone wins an award

Amen lad

>ERA is a meme stat
>RA9-WAR

wdhmbt

Jose should be the first pitcher to win the cy young posthumously 2bh famalams

>FIP is a predictive stat
I don't know who taught you this but it's not true.
It's an attempt at measuring the pitcher's performance in a vacuum. Not perfect by any means though.

If I would have told you 5 days ago that Jose Fernandez would die before Vin Scully, how badly would you have roasted me?

I would have found you irl and told you to give me the lottery numbers for tomorrow

If you're a fluke you don't deserve Cy Young.

See years: 2012 and 2015.

2015 AL was also a fluke.
Should have been Price.

Not a single Cub starter has a FIP of under 3.

Embarassing.

dee "pussyfaggot" gordon

>he values ERA

Good thing the twins haven't had any developmental problems with their farm system!

Not as badly as Jose roasted that jetty.

Greinke should have won the CYA last year

>kanada

>Not perfect by any means though.
Literally measures EVERYTHING that a pitcher is responsible for.

There is a reason EVERY PITCHER with a low FIP has outstanding advanced metrics and not every low ERA has good advanced metrics.

Fernandez rocks!!!

too soon man.

>Literally measures EVERYTHING that a pitcher is responsible for.
Except for contact quality. It treats every pitcher as if their batted ball profile is identical, which is just stupid.

Are the Mets the official go-to team for tragedy games now or is that just bad luck?

>Are the Mets the official go-to team for tragedy
Yes

Take Hendricks and put him in Oakland for 30 starts.

Is he a cy young contender?

That's the answer to everything brother.

Don't be mad at FIP.

I know he gets soft contact but he's still not cy young. It would bother me if he got more votes than bumshit tbchwu who is truly great under any circumstances (except when facing the Dodgers).

List me your top 5 cy youngs on both leagues.

Jose Fernandez rocks my socks!

at least he wasn't dismembered

>AL
Porcello
Happ
Kluber
Price
Sale
>NL
Lester
Scherzer
Arrieta
Cueto
Hendricks

>Price
>Cueto
hmm

how do we know that body and more specifically those feet/socks wasnt one of the other two spics who were killed in this illegal drunken boating indecent ?

wheres dickey

If Toronto could just sweep Baltimore that would be pretty fuckin cool, right lads?

>todd frazier leads the white sox in stolen bases

wew

im gonna shitpost really hard to annoy them in all the game threads, hopefully that will give power to the jays

GET THE FUCK OFF Cred Forums BRAD

this desu senpai

Diehard 12 here popping back to say Go Mariners! You're my third favorite team after the Sounders and the Seahawks
Where my 12s at?

didnt we already eliminate you

Disrespectful.

>NL
1. Scherzer
2. Bumshit
3. Fernández
4. Syndershit
5. Cueto
6. Lelster

>AL
1. Kluber
2. Verlander
3. Porcello
4. Happ
5. Tanaka

If you disagree you're just a homer who isn't watching the games or looking at the numbers.

OUT
NOW

>If you disagree you're just a homer who isn't watching the games or looking at the numbers.

do people actually watch games that arent their own teams games

like are 162 games not enough for you

youre a decent trip MMR
but I want to see you lose everything

Who's gonna take em, lads?

>TOR: 3xBAL/3xBOS
>BAL: 3xTOR/3xNYY
>DET: 3xCLE/3xATL
>SEA: 2xHOU/4xOAK
>HOU: 2xSEA/3xLAA

What series are you hype for? Nats vs Dodgers looks like its going to be some good baseball.

I hope so, or the other around way around. Either way I'll be laughing when they kill each other and the Tigers get in or something.

>shohei otani will be a mariners by 2019

I guess the rest of the AL West should just give up now to be quite honestly jeurys familias

he's going to the NL boyo

Less excited without Murphy desu watching him meme all over the Dodgers again would have been fantastic

>atl
>laa
>oak
wew lads

>memeiner delusion

braves are good now

2close4me

obviously not the asstros tho lmao

Yup. Watched the Jays game in Seattle and the Yankees/Jays today. Funny shit. Hilarious division for almost 3 years now.
Hype for everything. I feel like the Dodgers really do have a bye week though.... Harper s playing through 2 injuries and is currently injured again. Ramos looked fucked up from that knee thing and Murphy hasn't aged baseball in lkke 2 weeks. Those are their 3 big forces. Rendon and Werth can't beat the Dodgers alone.

I'd be very worried about my chances if I was the nats.

>Take Hendricks and put him in Oakland for 30 starts.
>Is he a cy young contender?
I can't answer that, you can't answer that, what's the point of using it as an argument?
>Don't be mad at FIP.
Not mad at it, just don't think it should be used as an end-all be-all for pitchers, and think it needs more work to accomplish what it sets out to do. In plain terms, I think the fact that Fangraphs uses it as a baseline for their WAR is dumb.
>List me your top 5 cy youngs on both leagues.
AL: Kluber - Sale - Verlander - Porcello - Quintana
Porcello will win though
NL: Scherzer - Kershaw - Lester - Fernandez - Hendricks
I think either Lester or Hendricks will win though

kys

even better

I think it's on the Jays more than >us to win this one since they have a much harder series afterwards.
Having to make up ground playing against Boston would be rough unless Sox just tank out of nowhere

absolutely no one is talking about him right now but teheran is going to be one of the best pitchers in baseball next year and now the barves aren't going to trade him away

>a decent trip
The shitty of Shitattle

Tigs are getting the nail in their season from the Indians though. No way they send out the B-team and concede the series when they can still fight for a higher seed.

red sux rest starters since they already clinch

right

they do that in baseball right

how is this dude not like 30 years old. feels like he's been around forever.

Yes

But I wouldn't underestimate their farm

They got tips from Dean Anna

>mfw no matter what the jays starter in the WC game is gonna either shit the bed and lose the game in the first 3 innings or go 7 innings of shutout ball only for the blow gays shit offense to not score a single run

life is suffering

>mfw we don't have any starting pitchers left to even start a WC game

farm vs jays fighting for a postseason spot which makes it postseason game for them

then again everyone but bautista seems to choke in the postseason

>just don't think it should be used as an end-all be-all for pitchers, and think it needs more work to accomplish what it sets out to do.
I'm not saying we shouldn't. I feel like we've talked about this before. The fact remains that low FIPs come with GREAT advanced metrics and that can't be said about ERA. Which is why FIP MUST BE LOOKED AT....among all the other shit like lob%, ra9, babip, hard hit etc etc. Both our Cy Youngs are same and you value Porcello as much as I value him. #3 not #1.

It'll be Max and Porcello though. Hendricks gets all these Maddux comps (Idk why) but he won't win Cy young because of the poor k/9 and IP. Maddux ate innings like he threw strikes. Hendricks hasn't done that despite the results.

You guys do know Daniel Murphy will be healthy by the playoffs right?

all teams need to do is pitch around him
I guarantee you the cusb will if they face each other

Estrada won two elimination games didn't he?

I can almost feel this for O's as well, depending how this week ends.

I can't even think who'd start. Tillman looked real sluggish his last start, like his shoulder is bugging him again.

you know it won't matter right?
Julio Urias kept him at 0-3 with 2K.

I really like the Nationals but it's not happening.

Cmon every canadian knows you cant trust a fucking mexican

>yfw Dickey vs Jimenez and Lugo vs Samardzija

hes also playing with a herniated disk and hes prone to getting lit the fuck up by power hitters

dickey is elite, remind me how many runs he allowed his last game

>It doesn't matter that a .596 slugging hitter who murders in the postseason will be back

rly mak me thnk a lot pssboy

dickeys not making the bullpen, hes fucking gone after his final regular season start

dickeys elite you fucking non believer scum bag
how does a pitcher even get a herniated disk

cant see that actually impacting his pitching

>murders in the postseason
.........how large is that sample size again??? How many times I'm his career has he played in October???

God damn. At least bumshit worshipers have the stuff to flaunt. You don't got shit but 2 wins over LA in over 2 years.

where is dahdee memeky?

show yourself faggot and prepare to get bullied

that doesnt count you fucking cockstain syrup moosefucking bitch

>cant see that actually impacting his pitching

>canadians

Hey, R.A.!

do you even know what a herniated disc cuckold? plenty of fucking lifters squat and deadlift through it, something that you can actually feel when performing the movement

so no "battling" a herniated disc is overrated, especially for a fucking pitcher

>a 4.5 ERA meme pitcher is elite

why the fuck havent you filtered all canadians yet? Just do it already.

>Ubaldo and Dickey both walk the bases loaded every inning only for both teams to RISP each time
>solo Grilled cheese to right
>Britton uses his GameShark for save

I can see it

i dare you to show me a better 5th pitcher in the AL

oh whats the matter, babby comin up dry :(( dryer than your mooses dick after your mom guzzled all of its cum outta its dick like it was syrup

Fine, just look at this regular season then

Is that a big enough sample size fuckhead?

Also daily reminder that Daniel Murphy is the last batter that Jose Fernandez ever faced

>Also daily reminder that Daniel Murphy is the last batter that Jose Fernandez ever faced

thats a pretty cool stat

i wonder who the last person to get a hit off of him was
the last to homer off of him
the last to get an rbi off of him
the last to be striked out by him

Imma look into the matter

James Shields.

There are people in this thread who dont think he will win the Cy young

AL
E-rod
Mike Fiers
Clevenger
blake snell
NL
jason hammel
julio urias
bartolo colon
alex reyes
tanner roark

kys

Friendly reminder that David Ross is the most despicable baseball player to ever live. More despicable than Alex Rodriguez and Ugueth Urbina put together.

>RA9
>7.37

im being memed arent I?

Nick Markakis was the last to homer off of him. 2 run homer scoring Matt Kemp

Dansby Swanson was the last to record an RBI, a basehit scoring Tyler Flowers

Ender Inciarte GIDP scoring Jace Peterson, the last run scored on him

Last strikeout was Danny Espinoza, the batter right before Murphy

He's elite, just look past the numbers.

Okay lets start off

lets just erase the last 5 names since I said AL moron

and lets see, two of the remaining four names arent real names

and lets look at the last two shall we

blake snell played barely any games and doesnt meet the minimum innings pitched required and is essentially a AAA pitcher so he doesnt count either

mike fiers is asstros 4th pitcher AS PER THE ASSTROS FUCKING WEBSITE DONT TRY TO SWINDLE ME JEW

NOT TODAY JEW

so you're wrong on all accounts fuckboi

NOT TODAY JEW

Say it with me

NOT TODAY JEW

i take back everything i said defending jays fans and canadians in this general, you were all right about everything, please filter or ban all of us

dont be angry at me cause you dont have the stats to back up what you're saying jew

Why do you say that my man?

You guys are always like this. It's really nothing new

He cut the breaks on Jose Fernandez's boat, then burned his jersey in front of 40,000+ fans at Wrigley the next day

I know the Syndergaard trade still hurts but you don't need to force this Dickey is good meme. Blame the man who thought trading a 19 year old future star pitcher for a 39 year old who got lucky on a meme pitch for a full year was a good idea.

It's true. All while being just slightly above replacement level at doing so

I heard David Ross went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

Holy fucking shit
Vin Scully is a fucking dinosaur

Wrong David. That was Ortiz.

The person who is taking over after Vin has some big ass shoes to fill.

Poor bastard.

done

Were his feet that big?

They might as well just close up shop honestly, nobody can fill that position.

Lot harder shoes to fill than Niehaus' for the Mariners, and his were some big ones to fill

I have been watching the Dodgers play all my life.

It never even crossed my mind ever that someone other than him would do it.

Every time I tune to AM to listen I expect him.

Every time I turn on the TV I expect to hear him saying some arbitrary fact I would never fucking know about a certain player.

The shit he would talk about.

Vin is a fucking treasure.

Could Joe Buck Replace Vin Scully ???

Can anyone honestly?

Joe Buck is the greatest. Way better than Scully

You are a fucking retard dor posting that.

Joe Buck is the worst play by play guy in all of sports. I wish he'd lose his goddamn voice and fuck off

Cmon guys. You taking my bait was truly a DISGUSTING act

Worse than faking a tag?

I didn't take it.

The very notion that someone could type that sentence disgusted me.

But without Joe Buck, we would have never gotten this

youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1p8kuaDaw

Bump

good post faggot

This might be an unpopular opinion but I feel like a Joe Buck show could be decent. I'm still not sure why they scheduled a fucking howard stern personality on the first show
joe buck is better than clowns like skip bayless and all those faggots

Buck is so fucking awkward. He has no charisma and no ability to banter. How did he ever get his own talk show?

>being this much of a manchild

Sanchez twice signaled to Severino he wanted his pitches really inside on Donaldson, he was the hothead in all this.

Mark Texiera is a cunt who will only be remembered for the stupid fucking faces he makes to the pitcher every time he comes to bat. Fuck him.

The first hit by pitch wasn't intentional though. Donaldson was all over the plate, catcher called for an inside pitch. It happens. It happens to anyone.

forest monkeys too dense for light humor eh?

>just pretending
Point proven, moving on.

>Wilson Ramos ded

It's fucking over, lads

I kinda want the Jays to lose against the Orioles.

If they get swept the season is ogre

no way they win two in Fenway

What?

What?

What the fuck are you faggots talking about?

He's still dead. HE'S STILL FUCKING DEAD. FUCK, I'M SITTING HERE WITH A 2017 MIAMI ALL-STAR GAME SHIRT THINKING HOW GREAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO SEE HIM IN FRONT OF A HOME CROWD. WHY COULDN'T IT BE ME?

Even though it still obviously sucks, it sunk in yesterday and I cried a couple times before and during the game and I feel a little better about it. It was therapeutic. I have no idea how the Marlins were even able to play that game desu

>David Ortiz will have to reach base safely 658 times without making an out in his final six career games to pass Edgar Martinez in OBP.

>looking at other players who died tragically young
>Ken Hubbs
>Rookie of the Year 1962
>one of only two people to get votes that year
>died in the 1963 offseason
>look at his stats
>his only black ink is strikeouts and GDPs
>#17 in fWAR among NL rookies in 1962
How did this guy receive all but one Rookie of the Year vote with a .299 OBP, a -.5 fWAR and a 0 b-rWAR?

Will he do it?

>OBP
>1962

When they played "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" with the trumpet and the images of Jose, it got me.

>Red Sox have the best record in the league
>but unlike the other two division leaders, they haven't clinched yet

God the ALE makes every other division look weak as shit

I'm just saying he didn't contribute to his team at all. You wouldn't have found him in the middle of a rally. Also had a .260 average and 5 HR.

He played the most games out of any NL rookie.
Most hits, most doubles, most triples. Reportedly a great fielder.

I know times have changed but those standard stats were valued. The AL winner (Tom Tresh) was far better that year at least

hardballtimes.com/oh-what-might-have-been/

>>Ortiz's final regular season playoff-clinching game could be in Jew York

Literal

Pottery

The magic number is 1 fellas.

good job cuckees

Who cares. The jays bullpen won't be the reason this team wins. They need to stop eating dick at the plate.

Friendly reminder Boston is 10-0 last 10 games.

11 out of 11 too

>says Wilson Ramos is ded
>gets worried another player died
>google
>just a knee injury
Whew.

Grilli has been great recently. Just has a bad outing. It happens.

11 out of 15 too

>TOR @ BOS
Sweep incoming.

Didnt get to see it live, but Donaldson running away from a mad as fuck CC was hilarious.

This webm doesn't really show him running away but wouldn't you?

>tfw a 6'7 300 lb alcoholic stampeding towards you

Did he sustain this from the meme waddle from the bullpen during a skirmish?

Straight outta Vallejo niggaaaaaa

Something otherworldly is going on because the nationals are dropping like flies

Yeah I'm out of there, I'm just about an inch taller than Jose Altuve, let Encarnación handle it or something.

Top kek EE would get steam rolled. Someone like Grilli or Smoak would be more appropriate.

wew Smoak blocking that charge

Looks like God hate the Trashionals :)

Too bad Tex decided to le-batflip on his last AB against the Jays like the classless coward that he is. What an irredeemable douche. Deserves a retirement present right in the ass.

Fuck the Yankees. Enjoy the offseason, cunts.

really? I always saw EE as fuckhueg, but apparently not, yeah, I'd get Smoak between me and him.

Nah EE is pretty average sized for an athlete. He's kinda chubby but I think he's only like 6'0 or 6'1.

Who gives a fuck lol let him have him meaningless moment. The Yankees are done and so is his career. Let's celebrate rather than be butt hurt over something so small.

Dean Anna bro, you really that smol?

Hahahahah fuck me

Manning back in CF!

What the fuck is this lineup, I can't even

>they're giving Detroit a chance to get a wc spot
how nice of them

They're also letting the sox have the best record in the AL for big papi. Truly a stand up team.

They clinched the division, so they're resting players.

Texas and Boston will probably do the same. Advantage of clinching early.

I get that but do they really have to put the Rubberducks on the field?

>mfw the B-team beats detoilet

Its fairly common. It's just bad timing they're essentially conceding a game against a team that very well could make the post season and face them. I know the Indians have owned them this year but literally anything can happen on October.

I know it is common to take the starters out after a clinch but you shouldn't go full spring training.

Actually, when you think about it, it might be brilliant. The Tribe are the third seed, so they wont face a potential WC until the ALCS. And theyve had Detroit's number this year, so they arent as great a concern for them.

But say, for 1st seed Boston? They're 2-5 against Detroit, and if Detroit won the WC they'd get em. Or Texas if they retake the 1st seed.

Matchup wise, it might honestly be a great move for them

EAS

EAS

EAS

fucking spoooky alert

Like its Yankees fault. Jash is a softie and Gibbons is a fucking hothead. What the fuck is wrong with Toronto that they've become more unlikable than NYY

To be fair it's only a few of them. Bautista is pretty unlikable and Donaldson is just cocky af. I mean if you win an MVP you have a right to be cocky but there's a time and a place.

>wake up and Jose Fernandez is still dead

Didn't anyone tell PeDee there's no crying in baseball?

>implying based Hammy won't hit two grand slams

Your tripcode will make another fine addition to my filtered collection.

le edgy trip filtering man xD

>Neither he nor his team has been relevant all season
>Most Valuable

pick one and only one please.

And miss the opportunity to keep the Tigers out of the playoffs? I'd be stunned if they started resting people before the weekend.

Trout has been the best offensive player in baseball by a good margin this season, you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Last night was another of the many where he reached base on every at-bat. Just watch him play. Angels are a cellar dweller without him.

wait so its fine when a blue jay bat flips but when an opponent bat flips against the jays its wrong? you sound like those triggered rags fans right now leaf.

He's trolling. Tex has hit over 400 bombs and is 5th all time for switch hitters. I have absolutely nothing against what he did. Probably shouldn't have chirped screaming blown save but whatever that game was pretty intense.

>Indians wanting a team they beat in 90%+ games this year out of the playoffs
why

The cubs won all games lastyear against the mets. What happened in the nlcs again?

>Giants about to give away more players for Gordon Beckham

Is there anyone left to give away?

>Ramos confirmed dead

Jose "Rocky" Fernandez

>Ramos torn acl
the doyers night actually have a bye week this year. Scherzer Is the only nat playing competently rn

this is revenge for all that shit talking about jose national viewers

I hope the dodgers embarrass you so hard the remaining oriole fans leave the ballpark in disgust

I hope the dodgers sweep you so fucking hard you get swept back to Montreal

Nationals have beat the Dodgers 2 times in over 2 years.

They getting swept regardless. The only L they took in LA was from a Gio Gonzales CG last season (that I went to).

Legit bye week this season.

Meme Magic

You didn't leave your basement faggot stop lying

Not this year faggot.

Nationals are fucking going down.

Everyone on Twitter hyping up Dodgers/Cubs NLCS 2016 LMAO.

Holy shit you bitter faggots better be rooting for big Blue. I know you don't want to see Chicago get to the world series.

Are the Sox going to get the best record in the AL?

Better than the Dodgers imho

So the Barves won't be terrible next season, right guys?

Unlikely, Yankees will most likely win this series. Red Cucks are finished.

There are a lot of buttmad faggots on here because Cusb posters showed up to talk shit after years in the cellar, butni think a lot of people would be happier with a Cubs pennant than a Doyers (and by extension, that giant fuck DG) pennant

>tearing your ACL
>in a contract year
>days after declining a 3 year extension

J U S T
U
S
T

I'm sitting here thinking if Kershaw will be used on short rest against Washington?

Is there even a reason to?
Just rest urias for the next two weeks and gave him start game 4 and clinch the NLCS.

>tfw I used to look somewhat like this guy
Oh god kill me, high school was such a disaster

>Kelcey Brade Verified account @KelceyBradeTSN 16m16 minutes ago
>Joaquin Benoit suffered torn calf (no recovery timetable yet).

Bravo Blue Jays

>Source: #Tigers’ Nick Castellanos heading to Detroit tonight. Likely will return tomorrow.

>walgreens fans making fun of mets injuries the entire year

wew lad what do you know really makes you consider certain events more closely

>mets injury list shitposter hasn't made his signature post yet

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK DOESN'T IT

It wouldn't be on short rest you fucking idiot

>BREAKING: Source tells ESPN that Steven Matz imminently will have surgery to remove the bone spur in his elbow

>People saying Baseball needs to cut down on fights
>Blue Jays involved in the majority of bench clearing moments

I'm beginning to think that it's Canada who is the problem.

We already knew he was having a surgery, just news that it's happening "imminently"
So it's not really that much of a story

0/10

Didn't even fool me for a second

We knew this you literal douche. I've always known the Postseason Rotation is Thor-Bart-Lugo since 2 weeks ago.

Giants are giving them cash

>dee gordon now telling people to believe in god

wew

have a (You)

tip

He said "you might as well" not "you should believe in God"

Who /bye/ here?

Big Sexy serving up juicy meatballs literally renewed a mans faith in a higher power and pulled a team closer together. The real NL MVP is here.

Guys, what's wrong with Kluber? I swear to fuck if he's ded I might cry

Klubot encountered an unexpected error at 67ef829fastball-229 please reboot the Klubot and return to manufacturer for analysis.

We might sweep Detroit to end the season, so I don't know about them

Honestly brawls are carthartic every once in a while.

>majority
Kill yourself

Yeah, a mound charge is good every once and a while.

Before that shit would happen all the time.

Pretty rare nowadays to be honest.

Joaquin Benoit is out, possibly for the remainder of the season, with a torn calf muscle after tripping outside the bullpen.

Damn. Nats can't catch a break. AJ Cole suspended for 5 games.

NLDS KERSHAW VS. SCHERZER GAME 1 WILL BE IN LOS ANGELES

So what rule will be added because of Ramos being kill?

>tfw your teams catcher isn't trying to ruin baseball by being a bitch as nigga with poor bone strength

Thank you based Molina.

He hurt himself on an odd landing after a hop. No contact from the slide.

Wilson Ramos confirmed for next pitcher injury shitposter.

>just bought a literally who from the barves because we pushed our only good player recently too hard
Rly makes u think desu

>next
Mest fucking shit phone.

And Devon Travis' shoulder is having issues again. Goins and Barney have way better defense but the best hitter in September is probably done for.

They're also a cellar dweller with him

Both Benoit and Travis are replaceable. Hit the panic button when EE, sanchez, happ or Estrada go down.

EXPLODING ELBOWS

Well it was already likely that we wasn't gonna pitch anymore this season so may as well get the surgery out of the way now and be ready for next year

Benoit is absolutely not replaceable. He's been one of our best relievers.

yeah um I can't identify one person in your lineup
why is tom hamilton dh'ing

Alright, last night, with the bench clearing fight and the memorial to Jose, I think I can finally get into boreball.

Can someone explain to me the playoff situations right now?

>Jose memorial
We will never see a game like that in our life time and we will be telling our kids and grandkids about it.

mlb.com/standings

good guys are Indians, Cubs, and Mets

bad guys are Red Sox, Nats and Doyers

everyone else is neutral

National League:
>#1 Cubs vs. #4/5 Mets/Giants
Cusb will most likely choke in either the NLCS or World Series but whoever plays the cusb in this first series will be the biggest underdog of the playoffs
#2 vs. #3 Dodgers vs. Nationals (don't know who has home field yet)
Nationals have a lot of injuries so the dodgers are probably the favorites now. Both teams are well rounded.
Overall the Cubs are the big favorites.

American League:
Divsion winners are Red Sox, Rangers, and Indians, and the wild card teams are Blue Jays and Orioles.
It's much more wide open than in the National League.
The Red Sox have an outstanding offense, the Blue Jays have a dormant offense and reliable pitching, the Orioles are a power hitting team, the Rangers are well rounded and have good veterans, the Indians have basically no chance because they're getting injured like the Nationals at the worst time.
Don't know what the matchups here will be yet, but the Red Sox and the Rangers are the favorites

Dodgera winning everything on some meme shit.

Everyone will be mad.

Get on the waggon.

I would be surprised if the cubs and sox weren't in the WS. I know it's the cubs but I think this is the year they actually fucking win.

So does that mean I can root for the Mariners? What do they have to do to get to the playoffs?

yeah the only team i can see beating them is the dodgers, with the 2nd most likely being a team that probably won't make it (cards).

Sox will also likely make it but the AL has more threats imo, especially if Detroit makes it.

Red Sox aren't that good. They face garbage pitching every day. I'd they played the Cubs they'd get absolutely destroyed.

The Nationals can beat the red Sox.
Mathematically it's posible but not likely at this point. It's going to be Baltimore and Toronto.

The Mariners have to gain a few games on the Orioles this week. They probably need to win out every game the rest of the week. Hard but not impossible. Cano is also getting hot.

They have to go 5-1 minimum and hope the Orioles and Tigers play pretty poorly.

I have a feeling Barves are gonna spoil the tiggers anyway.

porcello will get exposed in the playoffs

i think their bullpen is the one pitching WAAY above their level recently.

Porcello will definitely get donger'd hard in the postseason though. Might not matter

There's no true power house in the AL but I think if I was a betting man it would be the sox.

They've pitched almost 40 innings to a sub 1 ERA.
That bullpen is/was and will continue to be shit even with Kimbrel who is top 3

nasty

Nah, Darvish and Hamels are going to be deadly for the >rags. Darvish is fully rested

>Mets fans are complete faggots

nothing new here

Yeah but
>rags

It was definitely one of the best games in the sport's history. It was everything it needed to be.
Gordon hitting his first homerun of the season on the very first pitch in the box will live forever.

Fully rested after getting destroyed by the A's? Or did he already redeem that?

Dodgers v. Rangers Word Series 2016.

Kershaw vs. Hamels (2008 nlds rematch)
Maeda vs. Maeda (historic match-up)

After that who gives a fuck.

Those two match-ups will be epic in every sense of the word 'epic'

mets marlins

I'd rather see Indians and Cubs just so one long drought comes to an end.

DI'd Maeda get cloned and signed to the rags?

Every time I make a game thread someone just makes one right after and everyone goes to it, so someone make a god damn Sox/Yankee thread

>Maeda vs. Maeda (historic match-up
really made me think

not even a rags or doyers fan but i'd gladly take this WS matchup over the presumed Sox/Cubs one

Tribe vs Cubes
Goes to 7, Klubot starts 7, Yanimal and Brantley return to pinch hit back-to-back Slams (relatively back to back) in the ninth to put the Indians up by one and Klubot comes and strikes out the side going for a complete game to end the Indians' curse

Phillies vs. Barves

Windians game thread?

i don't like crackheads. philly/LA smog standards i guess

Cleveland a garbage ass team. Your season concluded 5 weeks ago when Salazars elbow acted up. I expect them to lose in 4 games and I expect Miller to start game 4 out of desperation.

awesome mom jeans.

Tigers or Rags?

indians tigers

Dubs and Marlins meme their way to a WC spot and win the WS

>stolen iPhone
>ridiculous fucking belt
>jeans a homeless person would wear
Must say those lips ain't bad though.

I just want them to make it to the playoffs to cuck the Cubs again.

That salt tastes so good.

it's dahdee memeke

why aren't the red sox losing?

everything is clicking right now

Do you trust their rotation?

Yes it has gotten solid because some people got their head out of their ass

Dodgers didn't win the WS in 2013 or 2014 because Vin Scully didn't retire after telling us that he would. He angered the baseball gods. This year he's forreal which means the Dodgers will win it all.

If the Cubs were to win anything at all it was last season. The window closed for the team.

Think about this...

Nu-yankz

Dumbass signed an extension, otherwise he would have been a free agent a 2018.

a masterpiece in delusion

>Jofer

;_;

>bruce hyphen
>most talented player in baseball

>Max Scherzer getting blown out by the snakes on his last start before Game 1 against Kershaw in LA

I love it.

pls win guys

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
old/fat

thread?

>kershaw
>postseason
the nats in 6

Well, I guess money is more important than glory anyway.

>swept

2-0
>blown out
Ooooooooookay then

>Kershaw, Hill and Maeda start first three playoff games, Roberts said.

mariners vs stros

>because people got lit up in previous postseasons means it's going to happen again

with retarded logic like that, every 3-0 pitch is bound to be a ball.

IN FACT, any banter that relies on previous misfortunes is pretty low-tier bait

>Cardinals losing already

The NL should get rid of the 2nd WC for this year. Just let the Mets advance to play the Cubs automatically.

fugg off

Daily reminder that David Ortiz did steroids and should never be in the HoF

Every relevant player in baseball today is on roids. Thinking otherwise is an act of delusion.

>le every athlete is on steroids meme.

>2016
>not being on steroids

LITERALLY

NOBODY

CARES

post in your fucking gamethread

Haven't seen Jays threads this bad in a LONG time.

this is a general

Where have you been all season? This is sadly an improvement. At least the few fans watching the game want to see them win.

It's still plagued with shitflinging and Sean
But for you the pessimists were more of a thorn. Understandable.

Boy, that Jooey Botto has a berry gud eye deosn't he!?

Not to mention he only played half of the game of baseball

If he goes in I go from having little respect for the BBWAA to having absolutely zero

It's now 4-2 Nats with Scherzer in line for the win.
>apologize

Next year is our year, lads. Who's with me?

Better certainly doesn't mean good. Most quality fans went to other team discussion forums after the pessimist meltdowns destroying every thread. We don't even have memes this year. Just trash.

There's no way Ortiz makes the HoF

was just thinking how great the threads were this time last year

now we got brazil, sean, and some faggots posting about their personal lives because they have literally no one else to talk to and are not even watching the game

There's no way he doesn't. Best player at his position ever, and Red Sox bias as well.

Holy fuck the Orioles suck. Anyone watching this massacre?

2-0 reds over methinals

why not just give it to them, /mlb/

Remember when the M's swept the Blue Jays? :^)

No one cares buddy post it in the game thread

>Ortiz
>position

Delete this

:)

Holy shit that ball was torched

literal moonshot

God DAMN

So what exactly happens to the marlins now that Fernandez passed away? Is there any sort of compensation because I doubt this happens very often. Do the marlins just get fucked?

Nap is stronk

too bad I couldn't get a webm of that foul ball he hit across the street to Quicken Loans

disaster draft, they get a whole new team, rip mlb

They get nothing. Same as if he retired.

True story.

>diaz salami

neat

Is there a worse fanbase than the Mets?

Just look at all these wealthy WHITE giant fans.

Such passion

Dodgers
White Sox
Tigers
Yankees
Jays
Giants

Oh, how could I forget:
Cubs
A's
Royals
Cards

Gotta have fans to be worse than the Mets, Analslime faggot

How are the who's a bad base? Because they complain?
They still stuck with the whole art show this season.

are you a red sox fan? how did you not include them in this.

>mad you got shit on in the gamethread
>come to the general to bitch
hahahahahahahahaha

Nats win.

Is this for real?

dude tried to claim the Rockies are a "free series" for the Giants and that the Phillies are less of one for the mets
also tried to blame the 17-0 on Fernandez dying

take your sorry ass back to the gamethread you were lurking on fag. you got BTFO and start whining. are you really that butthurt about your shit team and prospects?

>Ramos ded
>Strashit not playing in NLDS
lel y'all are fucked

Why are there two threads?

That's unclassy.

The other thread is actually a gamethread with a very unfortunate subject.

no windians

Rubberducks lost btw

hungover desu

>roid cux

Let the epic collapse commence

>striking out to clippard the big red L to end the game
>there are people that think this man can make the HOF

David Price can go fuck himself

>tfw Brad paid off Terry

>that contract
>unironically

Very brainy

Its mathematically impossible for them to not make the playoffs

I forgot that's what the Aeros became

>the price is _____

The Yankees just clinched a .500 season. Bretty gud considering this dumpster fire roster.

>Gary Sanchez hit his 20th home run today
Michael Who?

kek CC Sabathia has a better ERA than Price

They can still lose the division though

DELET THIS

>Memeiners

>implying that's not the goat name
>you now remember the Canadians used to be AAA and it's A- now
>even the Richmond Braves aren't that anymore

It's goofy as fuck but I actually kind of like the name 2bh

they would have to lose literally every single one of their games and the Jays would have to win every single one of their games and even then it would be a tie breaker game.

>Sanchez is the current ERA leader

>Yankees sweep the Red Sox, who go on to lose the rest of the season
>AL WC Sox @ Yankees
>Sanchez hits walk-off, denying Papi his last post season

>the quick pitch theme
>the Roger Centre horn
Both these things play after a homer in SD.

What originality.

JUST

Also great cap, great logos.

>yankees give a big fat middle finger to the jays on the way out of the season
>reliever blows himself the fuck out for the year
I regret not being on Cred Forums for this

>Yankee fans were suicidal midway through the season, confidently shitpost 3/4 of the way through the season, and are now saying that a .500 record is pretty good with a $200 million payroll

What a ride.

Technically no. They would win by 1 game. This isn't happening though I'm just fucking meming.

>playoffs

Who?

At least he rebounded, that horrid outing and blister against boston messed with some real elite numbers. It's also tragic the Grill meme couldn't put Happ in the Jays over 20 win club.

NL East 2017 updated standings (UNBIASED)

1. Nats 109-53 (followed by an epic collapse)
2. Mets 87-75
3. Phillies 81-81
4. Barves 70-92
5. Marlels 63-99

new

10/10

You'd need to win out and sweep us at Fenway for that to happen

Which is exactly why I said it won't happen. Also
>us

>trusting a batter's box mockup
>ever