OFFICIAL METS VS MARLINS GAMETHREAD

Thor vs. Koehler

Go Metropolitans

jose fernandez tier thread

HAHAHAHHA

Well last night was legendary... But now it's back to reality.

Marlins are going to get rekt and we'll see what happens in the post season.

wow Bruce did something

Heard that so clearly

Shit call

>Cespedes and Bruce homers in the same game

Is it happening bros?

Jesus he murdered that ball

My metsies are going places

>fake tits
trash it

he's settling in

Even at his best Bruce is the worst kind of "good" player.

i hate you all

>Brooce heating up
>Cespedes heating up
>Asdrubal hot
>Grandy hot
>Henderson heating up
>Reed god
>Familia hot
>Rotation hot

What can stop us?

bullshit strike call

is this our year lads

the injury bug

with this rotation I doubt it
I think we can take the WC though, Thor looks great

possibly. dynasty if so

if the mets get back to back WS appearences, they'd have cred over yankees, especially with them rebuilding. budget goes up, overpaid scrubs leave, phils barves and marlels stay losing, we get rotation back WITH WHEELER, add lugo/gazelle to bullpen, it'd be legit a dynasty(even without rosario and smith). It'd help if we got a catcher this offseason but w/e

You stand no chance against the Cubs or Dodgers, sorry.

why you always ragging on the rotation? we can meme it for the next month with 4 man rotation of Syndergaard/Bart/Lugo/Gazelle.
that's what they said last year

no one cares, post it in the general

yeah we never beat those teams

>budget goes up
not as long as the Wilpons are in charge

anyone else really depressed that degrom is gone?

last year you had one of the best rotations in baseball history. you beat the dodgers by the skin of your teeth.

this year.. not so much.

wilpons are counting on willets point + islanders new arena to get their ponzi money back

it went up last year after WS

I'm talking about the Mets, aren't I?

Fuck you and fuck new york.

man I love what lugo and gazelle have done, but I just don't trust em completely yet
if Bruce starts hitting things change tho
me man
if we still had him I'd give us good odds against anyone

don't underestimate the memes. IE.) 06' cards, 04' marlels, 69'+73' mets, etc etc

Yes, wilpons own part of the Islanders and I wouldn't be surprised if their plan was to eventually buy the franchise out and park them next to citi field
all the chop shops are going now

St Louis just scored, and Giants with a free series over a lackadaisical Rockies team starting in half an hour.

>free series

I guess you don't watch much baseball if you think the rockies will just bend over for the giants

>free series
phillies fans baseball """""knowledge"""""

I watched a fair amount of Dodgers-Rockies, they can hit (obviously) but their rotation is a joke. 2-1 at the minimum incoming.

You guys clearly think the series coming up against >us is free, don't kid yourself.

To be fair the Phillies are like the one national league team that is too shit to even play spoiler

It's like you missed the first 2 months of the season, lol.

>Mest baseball """knowledge""""

Giants are 8-8 against the Rockies with a -10 run differential you fucking retard
go be an idiot somewhere else

>"Lackadaisical"
one of the best offenses tbqh
it will be free lul

>teams can play spoiler in april

uhhhh I don't follow

>good in april and may
>shit every other month

ok

>Giants are 8-8 against the Rockies with a -10 run differential you fucking retard

Yes, they were a good team at the beginning of the season, when they had postseason hopes. They are not now. Looking at numbers is a surefire way to identify yourself as an idiot.

Because of where they play.

It's the same team from earlier in this year, in fact i's better especially since bringing up Ashe.

Our offense just hasn't been reliable at all.

Maybe read between the lines a little.

yeah, except they lost two of their last 3 and 3 of their last 6 to the Rockies
kindly drink bleach and spare us your """"""""""insights"""""""""""

>It's the same team from earlier in this year

no it's not
where are nola and velasquez

They are pretty much free considering this season the mets have gone 10-6 v. The Phillies and 3-1 in the last 4 game series

We have a similar record to the rockies (2 games difference after tonight), I Guess we're a good team now!

Valesaquez was shut down like a week ago lol. And Nola is injured

>It's the same team from earlier in this year

>le move the goalposts man
Rockies have a better record against the Giants than the Phillies do against the Mets, yet since you're retarded you think the Rockies are a free series and the Phillies aren't
just summing up your retardation, since you seem unwilling to come to terms with it

10-0 dominance after 5 innings a week ago tells me otherwise.

We will do everything to keep you out of the playoffs.

Hm that doesnt really support your conviction about them being the same team

>Phillies have lost 5 of their last 7 to the Mets
>muh one game
top kek you truly are pathetic
have fun pretending you are le epic spoiler team

that game ended 10-8 which isn't dominance, you were in that gamethread faggot I know you watched that game.

Yes you idiot I said "after the 5th" for that reason.

Our bullpen is uniquely awful but we dominated you with our starter against seemingly 2 of yours (montero has started before, idk about the other guy).

>amed rosario is already caught up to jp crawford in the prospect rankings

mein sides

Also if you want dominance look at the next game where there was a 17-0 shutout

Not to bring up a sensitive subject, but that was THE morning of fernandez. People had other things on their mind. See last night for example.

>If we only look at half the game we dominated!
there is 9 innings to a game, you can't say that a team really dominated another if they got a big lead early and then almost blew that huge lead.

the 17-0 was not because of Fernandez. The Mets throwing yesterday's game was because of Fernandez and that was perfectly reasonable. The Phillies had no reason to throw their game, they just sucked dick and lost for the 5th time in the last 7

he's amazing tbqh. him and dom smith together could be like jeter w/ speed and edgar martinez together

DUDA SMASH

DUUUUUUUUUUUU

duda beast senpai. deaded for like 4 months and comes back swinging. #fuckloney

the memes are just pouring in boys

Soon.

made me chuckle not gonna lie

L-M-A-O

why? just why and how?
>illy fans

be nice, making that image was the highlight of his season

He's going to want almost 200 million from any other team.

He'll give the mets a huge discount because he likes NY.

He's gonna get tired of losing every season. It starts to wear on you after a while.

Gonna bring one home for the cheesesteaks after we've built up the rotation a little.

>He's gonna get tired of losing every season. It starts to wear on you after a while.

"I'm tired of losing (even though I'm not). Let me sign with the Lillies."

brilliant analysis

>He's gonna get tired of losing every season. It starts to wear on you after a while.

then why would he go to philly?

>I'm tired of being cold
>I'll move to Alaska

One day I want to go to your city and eat your cheese steak.

Except the Mets are what they are. The phillies have a chance to be something special. We have plenty of young bats and arms in our farm system, and a once in a generational talent in Velaquez.

Cespedes would be the face of our franchise, while yours is probably your pitchers.

Maybe i'm just hopeful, but we'll see what he asks for. I don't see him staying in new york.

>this entire post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Also fucking hell it's still raining in Atlanta. Sorry for crashing the thread, waiting for my game to resume.

w-what? you can't make this up

I bet you think Harvey will ever be good again.

>and a once in a generational talent in Velaquez.

no that was jose fernandez you dumb lillie faggot

It's going to be at LEAST 3 years before the Phillies are relevant in any way again, and that's only if things go well. Atlanta, however, is showing some promise.

Hate to say it, but this year may be the best the Marlels do for a while.

no matter what I think, clearly my opinions aren't as bad as yours, so I'm good

Are you telling me Mets are not in win now mode?

How else do you justify giving up one of the most talented position players in the NL for a one trick pony

I had no idea Philadelphia had sports fans this delusionally optimistic

>Not interested.

We literally won 10 more games this year than last year, we are getting better very quickly. This is only year 2 of the rebuild.

We had 20% chance to make the playoffs in late April. Seriously you don't watch ANY phillies baseball at all, do you?

yes..
what the fuck are you talking about

>in late April
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>Seriously you don't watch ANY phillies baseball at all, do you?

Not very many people do, to be fair

I was talking about Bruce. But i guess he's playing better now to be fair.

slightly shiner shit is still shit

The Phillies are going to suck for a while longer and its not like they exist in a vacuum where only they can get better and the rest of the NL East can't.

and a 20% chance to make the playoffs in late April means absolutely nothing, any team that isn't ass should be able to at least have a chance at the playoffs that early.

And no of course I don't watch Phillies baseball I'm a Mets fan. I do know they suck and will be shit for a while longer.

Dilson is one of the greatest position players? What?? He made his debut in 2014 and never really amounted to anything. I'd be surprised if he plays for more than four years.

>I do know they suck and will be shit for a while longer.

That's just a wrong opinion. They are the 10th best team in the NL, hardly 'sucking'.

Seriously when you guys won like 70-72 games a few years ago, ALL you would fucking talk about is the potential, the arms coming up, etc. We all knew you were a more talented team than your record showed. And somehow when it's the Phillies they don't exist. We have scored like 60 runs in the past 9 games, that is an impressive offense.

IDK i saw a lot of Mets fan upset with that trade.

that bullpen is a basket case..
your offense is running off random rookies and ryan howard.
rotation is shit besides nola and velasquez
it was a steal tbqh. dilson wasn't even on top 10 organization prospects. reds fans were pissed.

i hope the giants get knocked out of the second spot. the mets will probably get shut out by bumgarner. again. while syndergaard maybe goes six, giving up a run or two, enough to lose.

>Phillies are 16 games under .500
>only better than the braves, reds, padres, and dbacks
how can you say they don't suck lmao, this fucking delusion

It was mostly reactionary bullshit because we let Murphy go so Dilson could work his way into the role.

There is still no way in hell Dilson was one of the most talented players in the NL given he was barely in it in the first place. He was a promising prospect but holy shit talk about over hype.

Phil Klein is going to be a monster. He's coming up next year.

That was because we let Murphy go for him to eventually fill in that role. Or at least that was part of the reason

Also ryan howard is gone after this season and he's been a net negative despite his monster dongs.

Congrats on the win btw, go get that wildcard :^)

WWWWWWWWWWWW
let us win

>10th best in a league of 15 teams
holy fucking shit stop the presses, you are better than literally the worst of the worst and nobody else.

>70-72
that is very different from 70-86, there is far less distance to cover for great potential. Very different situations at all.

>60 runs in the past 9 games
its 54 runs in the last 9 games ignoring the game currently being delayed for the Phillies coming up to 6 runs per game. For comparison to the mets they have had 69 runs in the last 9 counting this one which has finished giving and average of 7.666 runs.

If the Phillies sported this average all season it would be great but a good spurt of 9 games can be variable. For example the Giants are averaging at 2.666. The average over the season is one of the lowest in the league.