2030 World Cup in China

>Asia’s football body has given the thumbs up to an eventual 2030 World Cup bid by China and insisted the world’s most populous country deserves greater representation at the tournament.
>Chinese Football Association vice-president Zhang Jian said FIFA's rotation policy probably ruled out a return to Asia in 2026, after Qatar hosts the World Cup in 2022.
>"England or another European country will probably get the World Cup in 2026, but for 2030 the outlook is really good for us", Jian said.
>With Chinese President Xi Jinping eager to host and even win football's biggest tournament, conjecture is centring on when rather than if the World Cup will go to China.
>Chinese football has made huge strides in recent years owing to the rise of its domestic league, whose lavishly financed clubs are attracting top players and managers.
>Jiang said the Chinese Super League now wanted to reach the level of the top divisions of Europe, which remain the world's leading football competitions.
>"We should be professional and try to be a better league and catch up with the higher levels of European leagues," he added.
>Jiang was also confident that China's growing legion of foreign players would help the national team, rather than hinder the development of home-grown talent.
>"China's national team is a problem. Obviously we haven't been very good over the past few years," said Jiang.
>"But the Super League is a very important base for the national team and you can notice we're trying to build our national team better," he added.

it's over lads, the chinese are taking over our sport

I'd go to China for a world cup, way better than Russia or fucking Qatar

i'll probably be dead by then

:(

I'm more than ok with this.

are you a drug lord?

>and even win football's biggest tournament
lol, they lost to Hong fucking Kong a few months ago

>Jiang was also confident that China's growing legion of foreign players would help the national team, rather than hinder the development of home-grown talent.

oh yeah, because that worked out so well for england....

>tfw no qt asian gf

>I will unironically be 39 in 2030

What a scary thought.

I'll be 33. Feels comfy man.

>Want to attend a World Cup before getting old
>Russia 2018
>Qatar 2022

teenie pls go

isn't there a justin bieber concert you have to attend somewhere

Go to bed gramps

>England will get the world cup in 2026
>implying FIFA isn't an ABE organisation

I am gonna be 43 by then.

Ahahahaha

>implying I am still alive at that time

>2030
zzzz...

>spaniard plans on sleeping in 2030

so no changes?

I'll be 50 and hopefully my son will be pro.

better than fucking qatar

sleeping until 2030 you mean

>tfw 36 in 2030

>german humour is shit once again

so no changes?

wew lads
my wife's son will enjoy this, just after his retirement

Ah, so that's why they've been buying up overrated players at ridiculous prices
Loved 2008 Beijing so I'm all for it, aside from the time zone issues

It's the only way they'll qualify

>tfw I'll be 36 by then
nice

>2030 cup going to anyone but Uruguay

Same here. Atleast I'll be able to tell my wife and kids (great joke right?) That I saw Meme Magic as it happened when Leciester won the Premier League.

Of course this is assuming leciester is still in the FA Football system and not in Division 8 or somethinf.

>"England or another European country will probably get the World Cup in 2026, but for 2030 the outlook is really good for us", Jian said.

>2026 not going to anyone other than 'Murrica

>2030 not going to anyone other than Uruguay and Argentina

Are they this delusional?

they better still have that red light district in shanghai for this

There's no way the 2030 WC isn't in Uruguay-Argentina for the Centennial celebrations. Hell, the bid was exposed fucking 20 years before.

2034 on the other hand could pretty well be for them, is still too soon tho

They'll give it to Argentina/Uruguay anyway, opening and closing match in Montevideo the rest in Argentina since Uruguay is a non-country.